Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

One small problem, he's not good

A more expensive Geno. From what I recall Kap did not take his demotion well, makes me wonder about his coach ability. Geno to his credit took his in stride and speaks to a desire to get better. Not a Geno fan but would rather at his price tag at least get the opportunity to compete. Do not see him as a long term answer but deserves the opportunity to prove me wrong.

14 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

A more expensive Geno. From what I recall Kap did not take his demotion well, makes me wonder about his coach ability. Geno to his credit took his in stride and speaks to a desire to get better. Not a Geno fan but would rather at his price tag at least get the opportunity to compete. Do not see him as a long term answer but deserves the opportunity to prove me wrong.

I hear what you are saying but to be fair Kap, took his team one game away from a SB championship.  

While Geno hasn't had a winning season yet and had his jaw broken by his own teammate.

Think on this players on 49ers say Kap has issues, doesn't prepare properly and hasn't grown yet no one has threatened his physical person.  That tells you a lot   

So there is a big difference between the two IMO.   

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear what you are saying but to be fair Kap, took his team one game away from a SB championship.  

While Geno hasn't had a winning season yet and had his jaw broken by his own teammate.

Think on this players on 49ers say Kap has issues, doesn't prepare properly and hasn't grown yet no one has threatened his physical person.  That tells you a lot   

So there is a big difference between the two IMO.   

Kap was demoted to a backup role, no reason for teammates to punch him out, just speaking out about his lack of focus as I said makes me question how coach able he is. Both he and Geno fall into that athletic QB description and when you look at there respective cap number as well as their performance. I would take Geno

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

See....now this is what I'd give up Wilkerson for. You know you want to replace Justin Smith, 49ers!

I have to hope you're trolling here.

Giving up Wilk for Kaep implies you think Kaep is worth at least a 1st rounder in this years draft. Which, to me, is laughable.

Nobody gives up a 1st rounder for a backup level QB. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have to hope you're trolling here.

Giving up Wilk for Kaep implies you think Kaep is worth at least a 1st rounder in this years draft. Which, to me, is laughable.

Nobody gives up a 1st rounder for a backup level QB. 

Kaepernick's all of two seasons removed from back to back top ten passer performances and will be all of 29 this year. He's on a mid-tier contract for a QB with an acquiring team only on the hook, IIRC anyway, for the salaries. If they can get him for less then all the better.

I'm not in favor of trading Mo....bit for Kap I wouldn't be disappointed......

its amazing to me people are so down on him. He's 100% worth a first rounder. He was on the brink of elite and then they fired a qb master in harbaugh, hired prob the worst head coach ever, lose half his comfort blankets to head injuries/retirement/fa/age Willis/Borland/gore/iupati/Davis 

I mean way to support your young blossoming qb, good common sense. I know some of the above factors weren't the fo's fault but if the 2014-15 49er fo was with the jets I would be afraid for their lives.

2 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I'm not in favor of trading Mo....bit for Kap I wouldn't be disappointed......

its amazing to me people are so down on him. He's 100% worth a first rounder. He was on the brink of elite and then they fired a qb master in harbaugh, hired prob the worst head coach ever, lose half his comfort blankets to head injuries/retirement/fa/age Willis/Borland/gore/iupati/Davis 

I mean way to support your young blossoming qb, good common sense. I know some of the above factors weren't the fo's fault but if the 2014-15 49er fo was with the jets I would be afraid for their lives.

A lot of fans rip Sanchez for the same things that happened with Kap. Both had early successful playoff runs, Kap at this point is not worthy of being worth a first round value maybe a 4th.

6 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

A lot of fans rip Sanchez for the same things that happened with Kap. Both had early successful playoff runs, Kap at this point is not worthy of being worth a first round value maybe a 4th.

Kaepernick at his best was a much, much, much, much better passer than Sanchez ever demonstrated. A 4th would be a steal. 

Archived