Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Go ahead and quote me on it if he gets traded a 5th round pick maybe a conditional pick where it can upgrade to a 4th will be the most the 49ers get for him. Honestly the only way I could see Kap worth taking a risk on is if he were willing to switch to RB.

Tell me that last part is a joke. Switch to running back? I have bigger legs than that guy does. He'd get broken in half on his first carry. 

The only way Kaep ends up a NY Jet is if he is cut. There's no need to trade any assets for this guy. I just don't see it as a move that puts this team over the top. He's not a franchise changing player. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

This talk about his cap number is nonsense.  Granted, his number is worth 416 million next year, but like our situation with D'Brick, he could be cut in 2017 with a fairly hefty dead money price in 2017, but can be cut in 2018 with virtually no issue.  This contract is PERFECT regarding a QB.

If you trade for him, then cut him,  your cap hit is 0.   It's the 49ers who absorb all cap hits pre trade.

in all seriousness, how can anyone think Kap doesn't have talent?  he was saddled with a TERRIBLE offense last year - who did he have to help him?  no offensive line, no RB, no WR.  this guys talent didn't just disappear a couple seasons after leading his team to a super bowl and a conference championship game.

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

in all seriousness, how can anyone think Kap doesn't have talent?  he was saddled with a TERRIBLE offense last year - who did he have to help him?  no offensive line, no RB, no WR.  this guys talent didn't just disappear a couple seasons after leading his team to a super bowl and a conference championship game.

This guy gets it! 

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He was not very good in Harboughs last year either. The guy has talent, that is indisputable, but once the NFL got a book on him, and adjusted, he has not made adjustments to those adjustments, which is key in the NFL. Talent alone will not make one a good QB in the NFL, plenty of very talented guys fail miserably.

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He was not very good in Harboughs last year either. The guy has talent, that is indisputable, but once the NFL got a book on him, and adjusted, he has not made adjustments to those adjustments, which is key in the NFL. Talent alone will not make one a good QB in the NFL, plenty of very talented guys fail miserably.

And Fitzpatrick is more talented than Kap?   Fitz cant throw the long ball the entire league knows it. Fitz cant win a big game. Fitz chokes in games that matter most. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

And Fitzpatrick is more talented than Kap?   Fitz cant throw the long ball the entire league knows it. Fitz cant win a big game. Fitz chokes in games that matter most. 

This is not about Fitz vs Kap, its about trading a high value something for Kap, I would be fine signing him if he is dumped, you don't have to give up anything for Fitz

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

This is not about Fitz vs Kap, its about trading a high value something for Kap, I would be fine signing him if he is dumped, you don't have to give up anything for Fitz

A high value draft pick is a big question mark when it comes to the NY Jets how many draft picks have we blown over the years. 

Id rather trade a high value pick for a proven player who can contribute to this team immediately. 

AFC East is no joke I like the odds of Kap vs Brady instead of Fitz vs Brady, 

i mean lets be honest.  last year Fitz was worlds better then Kap.  but look at the teams.  Fitz had a great ground game, Marshall and Decker.  Kap was playing with a crap o-line, 4th string RB and WRs that were horrible.

i'm only defending kap because i think he gets a bad shake around the league.  i don't think he's bad, i think it was his team.  if he was 2 years younger and could potentially sit behind fitz and learn, i'd be all for it.  but his salary and (probably) the asking price is too much.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A high value draft pick is a big question mark when it comes to the NY Jets how many draft picks have we blown over the years. 

Id rather trade a high value pick for a proven player who can contribute to this team immediately. 

AFC East is no joke I like the odds of Kap vs Brady instead of Fitz vs Brady, 

All I am saying is if Kap was the Jets QB the past two seasons and played like he did, Jets fans would crucify him. The grass is not always greener on the other side. He is worlds more talented than Fitz, there is no denying it, but that does not mean he would have a better year next year than Fitz, or a better 5 year stretch than Fitz. He may just not be good, that does not make Fitz good either, but nobody is saying Fitz is a long term solution. You cannot trade for Kap with that enormous contract, if he is cut, fine, go get him and see if he is any good.

I was never particularly impressed with Kaep and I'm certainly not impressed about his performance last year. Cannot see how his performance justifies wanting to pay his contract. He had a couple good years surrounded by a great team in that golden 2-3 years for dual threat QBs. Like most of the other dual threat QBs that are one read and run they became unimpressive QBs once defenses adjusted to the supposed dual threat. See Kaepernick, Tebow, RG3, Vick in latter years, etc. All looked great for that 2-3 year period but now they are all NFL discards. The only supposed dual threat QBs that have seen continued success are those that actually became dual threats by being good passers first who can run well second. Maybe Kaepernick has the ability to develop into a good passer but no chance any team wants to find that out while paying that salary.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We scream we want competition

We scream we need a QB

We scream we want to look under every rock to find players

But we don't want to even consider a QB who took his team to a SB and is under 30.

I am all for considering him, but I am not for trading for that contract, and especially not for giving up a lot to get him. There are red flags all over the place with this guy. I have a friend who is a huge niners fan and lives in SF, and he and a lot of fans believe that the main reason Harbough is gone is because he lost his belief in Kap, and did not want to have to find a new QB and suck in the process.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I am all for considering him, but I am not for trading for that contract, and especially not for giving up a lot to get him. There are red flags all over the place with this guy. I have a friend who is a huge niners fan and lives in SF, and he and a lot of fans believe that the main reason Harbough is gone is because he lost his belief in Kap, and did not want to have to find a new QB and suck in the process.

Your friend in SF is clueless.  Harbaughs issues were well documented.  Fans love to blame players for everything from games, seasons and losing a HC. Kaep was Harbaughs hand picked QB.  He recruited him and gave him the starting job over a QB who played well.  

Whatever happened in San Francisco that caused Harbaugh to leave and has turned the head coaching position into a joke is beyond belief, 

Some players flourish with a change of scenery. 

I believe Kap to be one of those players,,

Macc needs to kick the tires and find out what Kaps demands are as far as salary. 

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think he'd cost all that much.  Too many questions floating around right now.  The contract is a one year issue, I would think it can be dealt with.

i just don't get completely writing of a 20something QB who took a his team to a CG and then won a CG and got to a SB.  How many of those have we had on the roster? 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I don't think he'd cost all that much.  Too many questions floating around right now.  The contract is a one year issue, I would think it can be dealt with

Exactly well worth it to acquire a franchise QB, Maybe others will restructure to help build a winner.

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Well sh*t. If your niners fan friend believes it it must be true. 

I heard from a guy who knew a guy who knew a couple more guys that Harbaugh loved Kaepernick and believed, internally, that he could be the next big thing in New Yawk City.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Your friend in SF is clueless.  Harbaughs issues were well documented.  Fans love to blame players for everything from games, seasons and losing a HC. Kaep was Harbaughs hand picked QB.  He recruited him and gave him the starting job over a QB who played well.  

I don't think he is clueless, I got to SF a lot for business and talk to a lot of people about football, Harbough completely turned that franchise around, and yes, Kap was his hand picked guy, and Harbough was very disappoitned with him in 14. There were a lot of issues, but a lot of them were around Kap, even internally, because not everyone was for getting rid of Smith in their FO.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think he is clueless, I got to SF a lot for business and talk to a lot of people about football, Harbough completely turned that franchise around, and yes, Kap was his hand picked guy, and Harbough was very disappoitned with him in 14. There were a lot of issues, but a lot of them were around Kap, even internally, because not everyone was for getting rid of Smith in their FO.

The 49ers were devastated with injuries and many players retired it would seem theres more to the story there. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Well sh*t. If your niners fan friend believes it it must be true. 

I heard from a guy who knew a guy who knew a couple more guys that Harbaugh loved Kaepernick and believed, internally, that he could be the next big thing in New Yawk City.

I heard from a guy that you think Mo Wilk should not be traded for a first, but should be traded for Kaep, any trooph to it?

Archived