Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rillo said:

We just watched a super bowl with a QB that couldn't throw worth sh*t. Give me a legit running game, a defense that can tackle and get to the QB and Fitz can win. 

Are you actually comparing Fitz to Manning................

Fitz 10 years in the league never sniffed a playoff game,Manning 2 Super Bowls 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The guy fell apart. Let's trade our best player for him. 

That's one narrative, and not to late to come back together. So is your issue with Kaepernick the imaginary trade cost or the recent drop in performance? I'm confused. There's alot of room between no on  trading the team's beat player for him and an outright no.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

So is your issue with Kaepernick the imaginary trade cost or the recent drop in performance? I'm confused. 

Both. If he were a free agent, and could be had at a reasonable price, then sure bring him in and let him compete.

But if you're going trade anything of real value for him, while also eating up a big chunk of cap space, then no friggin' way. I'm not convinced that 2012 was anything more than an aberration.   

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Both. If he were a free agent, and could be had at a reasonable price, then sure bring him in and let him compete.

But if you're going trade anything of real value for him, while also eating up a big chunk of cap space, then no friggin' way. I'm not convinced that 2012 was anything more than an aberration.   

Why wouldn't you trade anything of value for a franchise QB dont you want to win. 

Lets offer San Fran Clyde Gates for Kaep in your logic.......jeez 

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

What's a reasonable price for a still young QB with two top 10 passer seasons under his belt as well as two deep playoff runs, including a SB appearance? 2012 was followed up by a better indiviudal performance in 2013 that resulted in a 12-4 record and two more playoff wins. Pretty much any NFL contract is malleable enough that a mid-tier priced contract for a still young former elite QB is something that can be worked with or around.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Does anybody really want the Jets to take on that contract. It would be pretty crazy for a guy who is coming off of a bad year. All of the mistakes pointed out by Fitz detractors can be doubled when you discuss Kap.

His contract is crazy but how about if he wins us a Super Bowl would you pay him then.

26 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

What's a reasonable price for a still young QB with two top 10 passer seasons under his belt as well as two deep playoff runs, including a SB appearance? 2012 was followed up by a better indiviudal performance in 2013 that resulted in a 12-4 record and two more playoff wins. Pretty much any NFL contract is malleable enough that a mid-tier priced contract for a still young former elite QB is something that can be worked with or around.

A midround pick.  Nothing more.

56 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

And what's he done since he was figured out, and the foundation of their defense imploded? I'll wait for the answer. 

Well it was a whole year under a HC who was shltcanned for sucking.

Not even a whole season actually

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why wouldn't you trade anything of value for a franchise QB dont you want to win. 

Lets offer San Fran Clyde Gates for Kaep in your logic.......jeez 

That's the thing, I don't believe he is a franchise QB.  I think he was a flash in the pan.  So yes, I'm not willing to give up a top draft pick, or one of our best players for him. Couple that with his insane contract, and I don't see the value in not being able to sign other good players because of him, because I don't think he's anywhere near the player that you think he is. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

That's the thing, I don't believe he is a franchise QB.  I think he was a flash in the pan.  So yes, I'm not willing to give up a top draft pick, or one of our best players for him. Couple that with his insane contract, and I don't see the value in not being able to sign other good players because of him, because I don't think he's anywhere near the player that you think he is. 

I know for a fact he's 100x better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith does it in a meaningless game and the place implodes,Fitz apologists make excuses.

A great deal that post here do not understand the game. Go get Kap Mac. The best chance the Jets have for a SB anytime soon. Changes  the dynamics in the AFCE. May be able to get a new LT and RT. 

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

A great deal that post here do not understand the game. Go get Kap Mac. The best chance the Jets have for a SB anytime soon. Changes  the dynamics in the AFCE. May be able to get a new LT and RT. 

Exactly or keep sniffing Brady and Belichicks jock straps because Fitzpatrick isn't unseating them in the AFC East.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you actually comparing Fitz to Manning................

Fitz 10 years in the league never sniffed a playoff game,Manning 2 Super Bowls 

Manning just trent dilfer'd his way to a super bowl this year. Manning has been feasting on a horrible division for decades, definitely should have more Superbowls.  I'm not comparing them, but this talk of Fitzpatrick can't win is foolish, but he has to have the perfect storm team wise.

Just now, rillo said:

Manning just trent dilfer'd his way to a super bowl this year. Manning has been feasting on a horrible division for decades, definitely should have more Superbowls. 

Trent Dilfer at least contributed, Manning did absolutely nothing.  if only we had a 2015 Broncos type D?

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

No, you mentioned a scenario where Kaepernick is a FA. What kind of contract does he get as a FA?  I ask because a team trading for him isn't locked into any bonuses.

If he's released, then take a chance on him. He isn't going to cost anywhere near what he'll cost in a trade.  

Unless I'm wrong, his cap number under his current contract is $15-16 million this year, then jumps to almost $20 million next year. That will prohibit the team from making a lot of other moves. If he was a sure thing, you absolutely go for him.  But he isn't. And I think the last two years are more of an indication of what he is as opposed to the two before that.

He's a great athlete, but not a great QB.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

If he's released, then take a chance on him. He isn't going to cost anywhere near what he'll cost in a trade.  

Unless I'm wrong, his cap number under his current contract is $15-16 million this year, then jumps to almost $20 million next year. That will prohibit the team from making a lot of other moves. If he was a sure thing, you absolutely go for him.  But he isn't. And I think the last two years are more of an indication of what he is as opposed to the previous two.

He's a great athlete, but not a great QB.

A team trading for him owes him 26.4 over the next two years, none garaunteed. That said, none of this answers the FA price question. What does a FA QB at his age with his past level of performance get? I think it's around what a team trading for him is taking on anyway.

22 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

How does acquiring via trade a QB that will cost not only assets but also more against the cap that Fitz would, help the Jets get a new LT or RT? They'd have less money and less draft picks to do so with by your own logic.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

His contract is crazy but how about if he wins us a Super Bowl would you pay him then.

Hey sure. But that's a pretty big "if" for that kind of money. Didn't many of the 49ers players want Gabbert as their starter over Kap. And Jets players want Fitz. Not a good gamble imo.

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How does acquiring via trade a QB that will cost not only assets but also more against the cap that Fitz would, help the Jets get a new LT or RT? They'd have less money and less draft picks to do so with by your own logic.

You don't really believe in that Math mumbo jumbo do you?

Archived