Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How does acquiring via trade a QB that will cost not only assets but also more against the cap that Fitz would, help the Jets get a new LT or RT? They'd have less money and less draft picks to do so with by your own logic.

You have displayed very little logic in any thread. The Jets can move on from Brick and Breno. Kap has a tremendous amount of mobility. This would add some cap space and get us younger on the OL.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

You have displayed very little logic in any thread. The Jets can move on from Brick and Breno. Kap has a tremendous amount of mobility. This would add some cap space and get us younger on the OL.

Exactly Brick and Breno could actually benefit from a much more mobile QB with a strong arm. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly Brick and Breno could actually benefit from a much more mobile QB with a strong arm. 

They actually can do better. However, the Jets need a youth infusion here and the salaries the two T have may be a stretch with Kap at QB. Much easier to fill those holes at T than the major one at QB

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

They actually can do better. However, the Jets need a youth infusion here and the salaries the two T have may be a stretch with Kap at QB. Much easier to fill those holes at T than the major one at QB

A decent QB changes everything it may actually add spark to some of these guys when was the last time the Jets had a franchise QB who you knew when you stepped on the field you were better than the opposing team because of the QB.

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:
4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

My logic is sound. You're adding to the cap with Kaep. Cutting Breno and Brick is all well and good, and yes, it would save money. But you still have to replace them. Also, you've traded draft picks (in your own scenario) for Kaepernick. Where are you replacing the starting RT and LT now? Free Agency? Who? I don't think you are thinking about this clearly. The math is not working out in your favor. Cutting Breno and Brick afetr June 1 does save 15 million, but Fitz only made how much last season? 3 million? Kaep would cost at least 10 (if not more). So you're already losing 7 of the 15 million. Should I keep going?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

A decent QB changes everything it may actually add spark to some of these guys when was the last time the Jets had a franchise QB who you knew when you stepped on the field you better than the opposing team. 

Peep your avatar for that answer. Favre did spark the Jets then got injured. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

My guess is these Fitz apologists invested in #14 Fitzpatrick authentic jerseys theres no other reason anyone would defend him. 

I don't know one person who is a Fitz apologists. I think most of who is called a Fitz apologists is being classified as seeing Fitz as the best option, that does not mean anyone sees him as great, or a Franchise QB or anything. 

What we know, he is better than Geno, Petty probably is not ready, Kaep is probably not realistic due to his contract, and the fact that we dont even know if SF would trade him, and everyone else who is available, is garbage. The players like him, he had good chemistry with Marsh and Decker, and the coachng staff liked him. 

None of that makes anyone delusional enough to think he is a long term answer, or a franchise QB.

If people want to tank, say you want to tank, say lets get the crappiest QB in here, cut our aging vets, and try to get a good QB through the next draft. Also note you are probably sentencing our GM/HC to a death sentence at the same time, and we get to start over again.

I am sick of the Fitz apologist nonsense, nobody thinks he is any more than he really is.

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't know one person who is a Fitz apologists. I think most of who is called a Fitz apologists is being classified as seeing Fitz as the best option, that does not mean anyone sees him as great, or a Franchise QB or anything. 

What we know, he is better than Geno, Petty probably is not ready, Kaep is probably not realistic due to his contract, and the fact that we dont even know if SF would trade him, and everyone else who is available, is garbage. The players like him, he had good chemistry with Marsh and Decker, and the coachng staff liked him. 

None of that makes anyone delusional enough to think he is a long term answer, or a franchise QB.

If people want to tank, say you want to tank, say lets get the crappiest QB in here, cut our aging vets, and try to get a good QB through the next draft. Also note you are probably sentencing our GM/HC to a death sentence at the same time, and we get to start over again.

I am sick of the Fitz apologist nonsense, nobody thinks he is any more than he really is.

Fitzpatrick is a free agent. 

Best option based on what. 

Winning a few regular season games giving us a glimmer of hope only to be let down when it counts the most. 

Fitzpatrick was 6 other teams garbage as well he has won NOTHING here that warrants all this man love. 

You guys are pathetic if 10 wins and no playoffs satisfies your Jets needs. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

My logic is sound. You're adding to the cap with Kaep. Cutting Breno and Brick is all well and good, and yes, it would save money. But you still have to replace them. Also, you've traded draft picks (in your own scenario) for Kaepernick. Where are you replacing the starting RT and LT now? Free Agency? Who? I don't think you are thinking about this clearly. The math is not working out in your favor. Cutting Breno and Brick afetr June 1 does save 15 million, but Fitz only made how much last season? 3 million? Kaep would cost at least 10 (if not more). So you're already losing 7 of the 15 million. Should I keep going?

Please stop. Just where did I trade any picks? I said get him Mac. Fitz won't be re-signed. He is a QB who the Jets can't win a SB with. He can't beat Buffalo. OL a great deal easier to replace than QB. Jets have a much better chance with Kap to win a SB.

Fitzpatrick is a free agent. 

Best option based on what. 

Winning a few regular season games giving us a glimmer of hope only to be let down when it counts the most. 

Fitzpatrick was 6 other teams garbage as well he has won NOTHING here that warrants all this man love. 

You guys are pathetic if 10 wins and no playoffs satisfies your Jets needs. 

OK, again, who is available, that you believe is a better option? I have asked you this before, and never got a straight answer, and then you put me on ignore

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

OK, again, who is available, that you believe is a better option? I have asked you this before, and never got a straight answer, and then you put me on ignore

I would definitely use the #20 pick on an immediate impact player who will be an instant starter and not a project. 

Not necessarily a QB unless of course 1 of the top 3 are available. 

Other teams start rookie QBs Winston and Marriota for example why not the Jets 

Let Smith,Petty and a free agent or rookie battle it out in camp. 

We know what Fitzpatrick brings to the table cant see another season with this guy at QB. 

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please stop. Just where did I trade any picks? I said get him Mac. Fitz won't be re-signed. He is a QB who the Jets can't win a SB with. He can't beat Buffalo. OL a great deal easier to replace than QB. Jets have a much better chance with Kap to win a SB.

Get him. Sure. He's on another team. You have to trade for him. Therefore, you're probably dealing draft picks to a team like the 49ers. I'm sorry, I thought you knew how these things worked.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Get him. Sure. He's on another team. You have to trade for him. Therefore, you're probably dealing draft picks to a team like the 49ers. I'm sorry, I thought you knew how these things worked.

Then lets get it done id much rather trade draft picks for proven players than pick more draft busts,how about you. 

The Jets dont draft well,case and point proven many times. 

I would definitely use the #20 pick on an immediate impact player who will be an instant starter and not a project. 

Not necessarily a QB unless of course 1 of the top 3 are available. 

Other teams start rookie QBs Winston and Marriota for example why not the Jets 

Let Smith,Petty and a free agent or rookie battle it out in camp. 

We know what Fitzpatrick brings to the table cant see another season with this guy at QB. 

You realize that Winston and Marriota were both drafted 1 and 2 in the last draft? And both teams had horrible records?

We already have seen what Geno brings to the table, and its really bad. Petty was a 4th round draft pick, are you going to be OK if he throws 11TD's and 27 Int's and the Jets go 4-12? No, you will scream at the top of your lungs to fire Mac and Bowles.

What FA do you want to bring in? Bradford? Will cost much more than Fitz, and sucks worse than Fitz.

You dont like Fitz, we get it, but you still have not put up a plan that makes more sense than signing Fitz if you can get him for a reasonable deal. You post all the time, 47 years is enough, no more wasted seasons, yet you are OK going into the season with garbage at QB, when Fitz has proven to at least be competent? Which is it??

Then lets get it done id much rather trade draft picks for proven players than pick more draft busts,how about you. 

The Jets dont draft well,case and point proven many times. 

Past regimes have drafted poorly. This one seems to have done okay so far. I trust Mac and staff much more with draft picks than Idzik or any of his predecessors.

What are you willing to trade and sacrifice for Kaep? Trading for him makes it not possible to improve in other positions and situations that badly need addressing as well, for financial and pick reasons.

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

You realize that Winston and Marriota were both drafted 1 and 2 in the last draft? And both teams had horrible records?

We already have seen what Geno brings to the table, and its really bad. Petty was a 4th round draft pick, are you going to be OK if he throws 11TD's and 27 Int's and the Jets go 4-12? No, you will scream at the top of your lungs to fire Mac and Bowles.

What FA do you want to bring in? Bradford? Will cost much more than Fitz, and sucks worse than Fitz.

You dont like Fitz, we get it, but you still have not put up a plan that makes more sense than signing Fitz if you can get him for a reasonable deal. You post all the time, 47 years is enough, no more wasted seasons, yet you are OK going into the season with garbage at QB, when Fitz has proven to at least be competent? Which is it??

I like Fitzpatrick he's a great guy HES A DECENT NFL QB............I want a franchise QB and I want the Jets to win a Super Bowl before I die........

If Fitzpatrick is our QB I WILL SUPPORT HIM AND CHEER FOR  HIM 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Past regimes have drafted poorly. This one seems to have done okay so far. I trust Mac and staff much more with draft picks than Idzik or any of his predecessors.

What are you willing to trade and sacrifice for Kaep? Trading for him makes it not possible to improve in other positions and situations that badly need addressing as well, for financial and pick reasons.

Honestly I would offer Mo Wilk and Dee Milliner plus a draft pick I like Mo but we cant afford him we need a QB

I like Fitzpatrick he's a great guy HES A DECENT NFL QB............I want s franchise QB and I want the Jets to win a Super Bowl before I die........

If Fitzpatrick is our QB I WILL SUPPORT HIM AND CHEER FOR  HIM 

OK, you are frustrating as all hell you know that? We all want a Franchise QB, all of us! But not signing Fitz does not get us any closer to getting one without a plan or a solution on how you are going to get one.

Please give me your plan to get one, that is realistic. Are any of the other FA's franchise QB's, hell no.

Is Petty?

Is Geno?

Is the 20th pick in this years draft going to be one?

Please tell me how not signing Fitz gets us any closer to one?

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

OK, you are frustrating as all hell you know that? We all want a Franchise QB, all of us! But not signing Fitz does not get us any closer to getting one without a plan or a solution on how you are going to get one.

Please give me your plan to get one, that is realistic. Are any of the other FA's franchise QB's, hell no.

Is Petty?

Is Geno?

Is the 20th pick in this years draft going to be one?

Please tell me how not signing Fitz gets us any closer to one?

We dont know what we have in Geno Smith under Chan and with a much better WR corps we also dont know what Petty has to offer we do know what Fitzpatrick is and does have to offer. 

We dont know what we have in Geno Smith under Chan and with a much better WR corps we also dont know what Petty has to offer we do know what Fitzpatrick is and does have to offer. 

OK, this is just not worth my time honestly. So you know better than the rest of the Jets franchise, who has seen both of them day in and day out, and Mac and Bowles are really just trying to keep Geno down, while promoting Fitz even though Geno is better....... You win, lets let Geno start at QB, will be fun to watch you bitch and complain about Mac and Bowles and firing them when Geno sucks and the team goes 5-11 next year.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

OK, this is just not worth my time honestly. So you know better than the rest of the Jets franchise, who has seen both of them day in and day out, and Mac and Bowles are really just trying to keep Geno down, while promoting Fitz even though Geno is better....... You win, lets let Geno start at QB, will be fun to watch you bitch and complain about Mac and Bowles and firing them when Geno sucks and the team goes 5-11 next year.

Didn't Bowles name him the starter before the punch. I rest my case. 

Archived