Report: Wilkerson to Receive Franchise Tag

CrazyCarl40

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

don't get personal. I have NOT insulted you personally, so DON'T call me a psycho.

Now you're being a lying ****/twat psycho, which fits. I just call a spade a spade, or in your case a psycho a psycho. I assume someone will eventually read this latest pyscho gem of yours, but personally I have trouble reading the ravings of a clear psycho bent on being as big a ****/twat as possible. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets are not trading Wilkerson for pennies just to give themselves the opportunity to hand a NT a giant contract.

$15.7 million or thereabouts combined for a QB and NT means neither are breaking the bank.

Richardson's behavior is my only hesitation in trading Wilkerson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, The Troll said:

$15.7 million or thereabouts combined for a QB and NT means neither are breaking the bank.

Don't bother, logic and rational thought process can't be applied to such dense matter. We've all tried and have capitulated to the fact that it's futile with such primitive ilk. :-) 

30 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Probably wouldn't fit both. From there, the Jets haven't paid more than something like $3.4 million for a NT this decade and only eclipsed that once - in 2008 when Jenkins was the best player on the team. Harrison is looking at potentially doubling that+ and was on the field much less often than any of the Jets' 4 standout DLmen.

26 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Don't bother, logic and rational thought process can't be applied to such dense matter. We've all tried and have capitulated to the fact that it's futile with such primitive ilk. :-) 

This wackjob dolt is going to be behind me all offseason, isn't he? 

Probably wouldn't fit both. From there, the Jets haven't paid more than something like $3.4 million for a NT this decade and only eclipsed that once - in 2008 when Jenkins was the best player on the team. Harrison is looking at potentially doubling that+ and was on the field much less often than any of the Jets' 4 standout DLmen.

Inflation, sir. What Kris Jenkins made eight years ago has absolutely zero relevance. The salary cap is $41 million higher. That's Drew Bree's plus $11 million.

4 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Inflation, sir. What Kris Jenkins made eight years ago has absolutely zero relevance. The salary cap is $41 million higher. That's Drew Bree's plus $11 million.

You're not understanding. The Jets don't pay premium/FA prices at the position. The last time they did it was to a NT that played a big factor in their pass defense, which Harrison is not and does not.

You're not understanding. The Jets don't pay premium/FA prices at the position. The last time they did it was to a NT that played a big factor in their pass defense, which Harrison is not and does not.

I understand that your argument could really use a pot, so it could have something to piss in.

The Jets front office has been in place for a year. They've never been in the market for a nose tackle because they inherited an elite one on a rookie contract. You have not a single, solitary iota whether they would put premium money into the position.

10 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I understand that your argument could really use a pot, so it could have something to piss in.

The Jets front office has been in place for a year. They've never been in the market for a nose tackle because they inherited an elite one on a rookie contract. You have not a single, solitary iota whether they would put premium money into the position.

Oh Jeebus, another one just looking to get angry. Where are they getting you people this offseason? I get it, this is really emotional stuff this foozeball.

If your new angle is that we don't know how the team values Harrison then feel free to excuse away/explain why the new HC felt fine sitting Harrison 46.1% of the time the defense was on the field last year with no disapproval from the GM. 

46 minutes ago, The Troll said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAA. SO TRUE. 

Oh Jeebus, another one just looking to get angry. Where are they getting you people this offseason? I get it, this is really emotional stuff this foozeball.

If your new angle is that we don't know how the team values Harrison then feel free to excuse away/explain why the new HC felt fine sitting Harrison 46.1% of the time the defense was on the field last year with no disapproval from the GM. 

I'm not angry. I was legitimately dumbfounded. That post was some Billy Madison sh*t. You're the puppy who lost his way.

He's a 3-4 nose tackle and one of the best in the business. $6 million for a player that is elite at what he does is a drop in a $157 million bucket. Stephen Gostkowski is due $4.5 million next year. That's $1.5 million more than a kicker to ensure elite play against the run.

5 hours ago, The Troll said:

I'm not angry. I was legitimately dumbfounded. That post was some Billy Madison sh*t. You're the puppy who lost his way.

He's a 3-4 nose tackle and one of the best in the business. $6 million for a player that is elite at what he does is a drop in a $157 million bucket. Stephen Gostkowski is due $4.5 million next year. That's $1.5 million more than a kicker to ensure elite play against the run.

I think Snacks will be receiving offers 30-40% higher than what you stated.

He's very good stopping the run and taking on 2 OL. There are a few teams with lots of money who will want that IMO

10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Great, now there's this pyscho....

Yeah, those gaps aren't slight. Heyward shouldn't even be in the conversation. Jordan's a nice player who gets to pin his ears back and pad his pass rushing stats playing for a great passing offense, he isn't on Wilkerson's level.

As an aside, I hope you understand that a grown man typing a bunch of capitalized words and generally acting like a ****/twat isn't a positive difference maker for you.

Dude...the guys your matching to Mo aren't playing with "the best NT in the game" or Sheldon Richardson & Leonard Williams on the other side

on the other side.

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im sorry to say i dont agree about the draft being loaded with DLine all those players are "what if" players Mo Wilk is an established NFL playmaker. 

Williams and Richardson are also proven lets not break up what could be the best DL in football. 

That's not the way front offices think and I already listed the reasons.  Mo Wilk and Richardson are better right now than anyone in the draft.  They are also much more costly, in wilks situation a very big contract.  Teams just watched what happened to the phins and suh and this league does react to recent past success and failure and most of all it will cost them resources to get wilk which is the main factor.  If this was pure free agency and they were going o just spend a wad of money, fine, but teams are very cautious about coughing up draft picks.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That's not the way front offices think and I already listed the reasons.  Mo Wilk and Richardson are better right now than anyone in the draft.  They are also much more costly, in wilks situation a very big contract.  Teams just watched what happened to the phins and suh and this league does react to recent past success and failure and most of all it will cost them resources to get wilk which is the main factor.  If this was pure free agency and they were going o just spend a wad of money, fine, but teams are very cautious about coughing up draft picks.

plus, wouldn't you think wilkerson has to be a bit leery risking not signing a reasonable long term deal with the jets, coming off a broken leg?  he could lose a lot of money if he gets hurt again, and all of a sudden next FA period teams are treating him as an injury risk.  it's in his best interests to lock up a good deal with the jets with some guaranteed $.

9 hours ago, The Troll said:

I love how Gato dismisses the Nose Tackle position did he not see the sh1tshow that was our defense from 2006-2007?

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I love how Gato dismisses the Nose Tackle position did he not see the sh1tshow that was our defense from 2006-2007?

Gato is insane whenit comes to his overrating of Wilk's value.  But he is entitled to his opinion, no matter how stooooopid it might be.

8 hours ago, The Troll said:

- You sounded pretty upset and still do.

- Yes, he is a 3-4 NT. This is the first true truly true thing you've said.

- $6 million is on the low end of rumors. It would still almost double what the Jets have been paying at the position for a long, long time now and nearly triple Harrison's 2015 salary.

- Steve Gostowski is one of the best kickers in the game and scores a sh*t ton of points every season. Damon Harrison has ridden the bench half the time the defense is on the field over the past two seasons. These are not equal. A kicker on Gostowski's level is far more rare and valuable in today's league than a run stuffer who sits half the time.

-  Elite play against the run, and a player who sits half the time, is not worth premium dollars unless he is a factor in pass defense. He is not a factor in pass defense.

Again, if this FO and CS thought Harrison is so valuable and worth tripling+ his 2015 salary for, why were they OK with sitting him 46.1% of the time last year? 

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gato is insane whenit comes to his overrating of Wilk's value.  But he is entitled to his opinion, no matter how stooooopid it might be.

Another butthurt one still looking for friends and allies?!?!....It's insane, for people so sure they're right and making super great points, how much of a grudge you losers hold. What's actually insane and stupid is thinking a player who isn't on the field half the time is anywhere near the priority or player Wilkerson is, but rational thought and logic isn't a strength of this group of meatheaded dolts following me around this offseason. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

ANOTHER butthurt one....It's insane, for people so sure they're right and making super great points, how much of a grudge you losers hold. What's actually insane and stupid is thinking a player who isn't on the field half the time is anywhere near the priority or player Wilkerson is, but rational thought and logic isn't a strength of this group of meatheaded dolts following me around this offseason. 

not butthurt at all.  My opinion is different from yours, that's all.  But of course, you make it personal.  I like Wilk and hope the jets can keep him at a more reasonable price.  You on the other hand are willing to give him way too much.  Franlky, your opinion is moronic.  In my opinion.   And when most people disagree with you, you go on a posting spree repeating yourself hundreds of times.  You're like a parrot.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Another butthurt one still looking for friends and allies?!?!....It's insane, for people so sure they're right and making super great points, how much of a grudge you losers hold. What's actually insane and stupid is thinking a player who isn't on the field half the time is anywhere near the priority or player Wilkerson is, but rational thought and logic isn't a strength of this group of meatheaded dolts following me around this offseason. 

Do you have any friends I could borrow? Seems like you have too many at the moment

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

not butthurt at all.  My opinion is different from yours, that's all.  But of course, you make it personal.  I like Wilk and hope the jets can keep him at a more reasonable price.  You on the other hand are willing to give him way too much.  Franlky, your opinion is moronic.  In my opinion.   And when most people disagree with you, you go on a posting spree repeating yourself hundreds of times.  You're like a parrot.

- I'd find you not being butthurt to be more believable if you behaved less butthurt. Popping into threads not to make a point but to take shots is the kind of sh*t butthurt losers do, as is then denying their butthurt immediately after.

- You made it personal. I forget you exist until you interject yourself with nonsense. Another problem with you butthurt folks is maybe some salt got in your eyes and you're blind to how dumb and butthurt you sound.

- Your opinion is baselsss, hence your need to recruit and appeal to other posters while taking personal shots. It's the best you have, to bring this down to your meathead level. All that is less work than actually making a good argument, so you go the tool route  in hopes of healing up that butthurt. 

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Do you have any friends I could borrow? Seems like you have too many at the moment

Aww sh*t, someone's flopped back in out of retirement for the dozenth time. How was the the latest quit? Rested up and saw your fellow butthurt mates might need some assistance yet again? 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Dude...the guys your matching to Mo aren't playing with "the best NT in the game" or Sheldon Richardson & Leonard Williams on the other side

on the other side.

Dude....Wilkerson was elite before any of those guys arrived. They benefit from playing with him. The earliest any of those guys joined the team was Wilkerson's third season, or after Wilkerson's 2012 that put him on the map as one of the league's elite.

15 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

- I'd find you not being butthurt to be more believable if you behaved less butthurt. Popping into threads not to make a point but to take shots is the kind of sh*t butthurt losers do, as is then denying their butthurt immediately after.

- You made it personal. I forget you exist until you interject yourself with nonsense. Another problem with you butthurt folks is maybe some salt got in your eyes and you're blind to how dumb and butthurt you sound.

- Your opinion is baselsss, hence your need to recruit and appeal to other posters while taking personal shots. It's the best you have, to bring this down to your meathead level. All that is less work than actually making a good argument, so you go the tool route  in hopes of healing up that butthurt. 

You think everyone's opinion is baseless except for yours.  Check.  

Dealing with you is like talking to a monkey.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

You think everyone's opinion is baseless except for yours.  Check.  

Dealing with you is like talking to a monkey.

Nope, I think an opinion is baseless when it's baseless.

Dealling with you (and a couple of similarly offended) is like talking to a really dumb, really butthurt globs of meat. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Nope, I think an opinion is baseless when it's baseless.

Dealling with you (and a couple of similarly offended) is like talking to a really dumb, really butthurt globs of meat. 

LOL.  Whatever.  When your argument has zero merit or credibility, you resort to this.  You are pathetic. And completely wrong on this issue.  Your opinion on what the Jets should give Wilk is dumb. Thank God you don't make decisions for the team.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh boy, full butthurt and full meathead. What a powerful tirade of dumb! A tidal wave of meat and butthurt! I don't think you have repeated your inane, unfounded, meatheaded, and butthurt fueled opinion enough. Maybe one more? Maybe up the butthurt and dumb for some real power? LOLZ Maybe get angrier?

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh boy, full butthurt and full meathead. What a powerful tirade of dumb! A tidal wave of meat and butthurt! I don't think you have repeated your inane, unfounded, meatheaded, and butthurt fueled opinion enough. Maybe one more? Maybe up the butthurt and dumb for some real power? LOLZ Maybe get angrier?

Keep making things up.  Not angry at all.  Where'd you get that idea?  One doesn't need to be angry to see what an idiot you are. Just commom sense.   LOL.  whatever Gato.  Enjoy playing with yourself over this.   Meanwhile, your opinion is still wrong and unfounded. All of your lame insults can't change that.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Keep making things up.  Not angry at all.  

LOLZ, not angry, yeah OK. That's as believable as you claiming not to be butthurt. Angry....butthurt....meatheaded....irrationall....illogical....dumb.....imbicilic....Just a few words that describe yourself and your over emotional, butthurt fueled, unfounded opinions on the subject. Notice that you need the discussion to go in this direction, as butthurt, angry, meatheads tend to need to do.

Maybe you can hit me with the genius explanation that Harrison was taken off the field nearly half the time because he earned it? That's the kind of hard hitting opinionated analysis we get when the butthurt gang is forced to talk football rather than exchange insults. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

LOLZ, not angry, yeah OK. That's as believable as you claiming not to be butthurt. Angry....butthurt....meatheaded....irrationall....illogical....dumb.....imbicilic....Just a few words that describe yourself and your over emotional, butthurt fueled opinions on the subject. 

None of this makes your opinion right.  No matter how hard you try.  You have always been and still are wrong about this issue.  All the insults in the world will never change that.  But keep trying.  Maybe one day you'll get there.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

None of this makes your opinion right.  

Nope, the facts I have presented all offseason make my opinion right. No matter how hard you try, how angry and butthurt you get. Maybe it will hit you one day that it takes more than being angry, butthurt, emotional, irrational, illogical, and generally dumb to form a correct opinion. 

Maybe you can hit me with the genius explanation that Harrison was taken off the field nearly half the time because he earned it? That's the kind of hard hitting opinionated analysis we get when the butthurt gang is forced to talk football rather than exchange insults, hence the need to divert from football and make it personal (while crying like big, dumb babies about how personal I'm making it). LOLZ

give up Gato.  You can't win this.  All you can win is the silly insult show.  As for Mo, he is tagged.  It remains to be seen if and when he is traded.  My hope is for a reasonable long term deal so he is not traded but I wouldn't hold my breath.That's a longshot. If both parties were being reasonable, then it could have happened already.  

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Dude....Wilkerson was elite before any of those guys arrived. They benefit from playing with him. The earliest any of those guys joined the team was Wilkerson's third season, or after Wilkerson's 2012 that put him on the map as one of the league's elite.

Dude...he went from 5 sacks in 2012 to 10 in 2013 when he was playing with better players. Do your homework. Leonard Williams is still just a little boy, 21 years old, just replace that almost 16 million with Leo & some free agent LBs and let's get back to the business of chasing QBs and getting off the field on 3rd down. I would definitely take 3 free agents in areas of need over Mo Wilkerson. It's depth that has killed this team. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

give up Gato.  You can't win this.  All you can win is the silly insult show.  As for Mo, he is tagged.  It remains to be seen if and when he is traded.  My hope is for a reasonable long term deal so he is not traded but I wouldn't hold my breath.That's a longshot. If both parties were being reasonable, then it could have happened already.  

LOLZ, can't even win the "insult show" you started. Mo signing a reasonable deal is not a longshot, it's probably the most likely outcome. No matter how much you insist and baselessly opine otherwise, there was never any obligation or imaginary deadline to meet.

Archived