Pete Prisco from CBS has us taking DT Jarren Reed from Bama

Sarge4Tide

I would hate this with the fire of 1,000 suns.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/pete-prisco

NFL Mock Draft - 02/29/2016
Round 1
1. Tennessee Titans
TEN.png
(3-13)
*Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss: If the Titans take Tunsil, they could move Taylor Lewan to the right side. Marcus Mariota was sacked 54 times. They have to protect their franchise passer.
2. Cleveland Browns
CLE.png
(3-13)
Jared Goff, QB, California: Hue Jackson needs a quarterback to build around. I think right now the choice would be Goff. It might change moving forward.
3. San Diego Chargers
SD.png
(4-12)
DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon: They need help in a lot of spots on defense, and he would be a nice fit up front. I think he's better than former teammate Arik Armstead, who went in the first round last year to San Francisco.
4. Dallas Cowboys
DAL.png
(4-12)
Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State: He could play corner for them, but I think he would make a heck of a safety. He is athletic and a willing tackler.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars
JAC.png
(5-11)
Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State: Where he fits in their defense will be interesting to decide, but he's a heck of a football player and they need help in the front seven. Draft him, and then figure it out.
6. Baltimore Ravens
BAL.png
(5-11)
Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame: They need a left tackle with the injury issues involving Eugene Monroe. This kid is a heck of a pass protector, but needs work on his run blocking.
7. San Francisco 49ers
SF.png
(5-11)
Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State: They get a mobile player who can excel in the pocket in Chip Kelly's offense. This would mean Colin Kaepernick is done.
8. Miami Dolphins
MIA.png
(6-10)
Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida: He isn't a tall corner, but they need somebody who can come in and play press-man and be aggressive. That's Hargreaves.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TB.png
(6-10)
Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky: They need pass rush help in a big way. This kid has a chance to be a dominant edge rusher. There are off-field concerns.
10. New York Giants
NYG.png
(6-10)
Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA: Their linebackers have been an issue for some time. They need speed on the field, and he would provide a lot of it.
11. Chicago Bears
CHI.png
(6-10)
A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama: They need to get a power player up front. Robinson is really good at holding the point.
12. New Orleans Saints
NO.png
(7-9)
Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: The outside pass rush isn't good. This is a kid who can step in and help it right away. He would stand up in their scheme.
13. Philadelphia Eagles
PHI.png
(7-9)
Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis: How much longer can they expect to get by without drafting and developing their own passer? Sam Bradford isn't the long-term answer.
14. Oakland Raiders
OAK.png
(7-9)
Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson: He is another corner under 6-feet tall who plays with a swagger. He would be an immediate starter for a defense that needs corner help.
15. Los Angeles Rams
STL.png
(7-9)
Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State: They will likely lose one of their starting corners in free agency, and could lose both. Apple is a tall corner. I think he might end up being the best of the corner group in this draft.
16. Detroit Lions
DET.png
(7-9)
Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss: They have Calvin Johnson retiring, so why not get a big-bodied receiver to replace him? They don't have much other than Golden Tate right now.
17. Atlanta Falcons
ATL.png
(8-8)
Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame: He would go a lot higher if he hadn't torn up his knee in the bowl game. But he is worth the risk here for the Falcons, who need a playmaking linebacker.
18. Indianapolis Colts
IND.png
(8-8)
Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State: Their offensive line has been a horror show for a while now. It's time to protect Andrew Luck.
19. Buffalo Bills
BUF.png
(8-8)
*Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss: He has some off-field concerns that will drop him down, but Rex Ryan will think he can fix his issues. As a player, this could be a huge steal if he lasted this long.
20. New York Jets
NYJ.png
(10-6)
Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama: They will likely lose nose tackle Damon Harrison to free agency. So this guy would be a nice replacement.
21. Washington Redskins
WAS.png
(9-7)
Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State: They need help up front with the potential loss of some free agents, and this is a kid scouts are raving about.
22. Houston Texans
HOU.png
(9-7)
Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State: Arian Foster is coming off the injury season, and there isn't a quarterback to take here, so why not land a runner to improve the offense?
23. Minnesota Vikings
MIN.png
(11-5)
Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State: They have line issues in a lot of spots and this kid could step in and play somewhere. He's been a tackle, but he could easily play guard.
24. Cincinnati Bengals
CIN.png
(12-4)
Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor: They could lose both Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones in free agency. They will surely lose one of them. This kid is an explosive threat who would complement A.J. Green.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers
PIT.png
(10-6)
William Jackson III, CB, Houston: He is tall at 6-2 and is a ballhawk. The Steelers need help at corner in the worst way.
26. Seattle Seahawks
SEA.png
(10-6)
Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville: Both Brandon Mebane and Ahtytba Rubin are free agents. Rankins really impressed scouts at the Senior Bowl.
27. Green Bay Packers
GB.png
(10-6)
Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama: With Clay Matthews moving back outside, they need a run stuffer on the inside. Ragland can do that.
28. Kansas City Chiefs
KC.png
(11-5)
Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: They are likely going to lose Sean Smith in free agency. Fuller can pair with Marcus Peters for the next five years or so.
29. Arizona Cardinals
ARI.png
(13-3)
Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson: Improving the outside pass rush is the No. 1 priority for the Cardinals.
30. Carolina Panthers
CAR.png
(15-1)
Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State: Jared Allen is retiring and Charles Johnson is due a big cap number. They need to get outside pass rush help.
31. Denver Broncos
DEN.png
(12-4)
Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State: They are likely losing Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall is a restricted free agent. Lee, like those guys, can run.

Some of these guys are not really connected to the reality of what each team is thinking so if they see a hole they try and fill it, at times without realizing what other resources that tram has (I have the same issue when trying to do 1st round mocks).  Could the Jets take a dlineman?  Yes, will it be a NT type?  I would be pretty surprised.

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

This idiot doesn't even have Leonard Floyd being selected in the 1st rd...  EPIC FAIL  :/

There's a number of headscratching "yea right" things going on in that draft.... omitting Floyd from the 1st round however, is not one of them. 

There's a number of headscratching "yea right" things going on in that draft.... omitting Floyd from the 1st round however, is not one of them. 

Speaking of edge rushers, anyone know where that metric some guy in a football forum posts is at? The one that's been pretty accurate at determining what 3-4 lb's become studs in NFL. I wonder if it's updated after this combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Speaking of edge rushers, anyone know where that metric some guy in a football forum posts is at? The one that's been pretty accurate at determining what 3-4 lb's become studs in NFL. I wonder if it's updated after this combine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

This guy disappeared and nobody else really does these exact numbers anymore. FO integrated some of the concepts into their SackSEER model and it suddenly became better. There's also a guy who basically does a single-output amalgamation of the low risk 1/low risk 2 formulae but I'm not about to give any run to some idiot who runs around taking credit for sh*t he didn't do and giving it a stupid ******* name. There are some others as well. Basically everything out there as far as combine metrics for pass rushers derives most of its value from ripping this dude off.

Archived