Jets Raise 2016 Ticket Prices

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Jets-Release-2016-Season-Ticket-Prices/5d8abbc1-cbcd-4be6-86c6-a956f188796a

Jets Release 2016 Season Ticket Prices

Posted 46 minutes ago

Ticket Prices Will Increase By an Average of About 4 Percent Throughout MetLife Stadium

The New York Jets will increase season ticket prices for the 2016 NFL season at MetLife Stadium by an average of about 4 percent.  The price increase translates to less than $5 per ticket on average for non-premium seats. This is the first increase for most sections since 2011.

"We very much appreciate the commitment to the team and understand the investment that our fans make to attend our games," Jets President Neil Glat said.  "We're looking forward to the 2016 season and building on the exciting gameday experience and home field advantage that our fans created last year."

The Jets will continue variable pricing for the second straight season, although details won't be available until the NFL releases the '16 schedule in April.

Also, the Jets Rewards program will be entering its third year and will be expanding in 2016. Jets Rewards offers season ticket holders the opportunity to earn points and redeem them for unique rewards from the club.

Jets Rewards this year will include access to more Jets events and memorabilia and will offer more exclusive benefits and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.  Season Ticket Holders in the past have had the opportunity to attend a pregame breakfast at the stadium, be on the field for pregame warmups, participate in the flag presentation during the National Anthem, form player introduction tunnels, go on the field after the game, attend a road game, and watch a home game in a suite.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Considering the challenges they have filling the stadium up as it is for most games I'm shocked they gave a price increase this year. 

This year's opponents are really prime and we are coming off a winning season even though we didn't make the playoffs. Timing makes sense if you ask me but the problem is, the ticket prices are pretty expensive as it is so they should first find a good starting point before talking price increase. 

More & more people will be staying home. I actually enjoy watching at home better than the game experience as I've usually just came down for the game without tailgating. 

I can't wait to see that wasteland up in Foxboro when Brady/Belichick call it quits. Similar to the Celtics after Bird retired. Someday they'll be giving tickets away. Younger people are more interested in redzone than live football because of fantasy football. There was some really bad football played last year. The sport is not getting better, the referees have been terrible, 3/4 of the teams don't have a QB, what does it say about the coaching when Rob Ryan gets hired by his brother? Lol.

Goodell & the 32 sperm boys & girls are gonna swim upstream the next 10 years I believe. 

With the money the league is making from TV,  the decreased attendance at games, and the fact that the Jets haven't sniffed the playoffs since the cast of Jersey Shore was a thing.. I have to question whether raising ticket prices is the brightest idea

Of course I don't like paying more for my seats, but for me it's a $3 increase. I can live with that. If we were talking $10, $15, $20 increase then I might consider possibly giving them up. 

But for 2016 I will be there every week in 347 getting loud

Guy spent over half a mill on failed political campaigns over the past four years and isn't sweating that loss at all, yet he needs an extra 24 bucks per year from you guys in the upper bowl. Having to root for a thing that Woody Johnson owns is the ******* worst, every bit as bad as being a Knicks fan, and in that instance at least Dolan is a somewhat entertaining villain.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Guy spent over half a mill on failed political campaigns over the past four years and isn't sweating that loss at all, yet he needs an extra 24 bucks per year from you guys in the upper bowl. Having to root for a thing that Woody Johnson owns is the ******* worst, every bit as bad as being a Knicks fan, and in that instance at least Dolan is a somewhat entertaining villain.

Is your owner the Russian James Bond? No. Mine is. Nets life, baby.

First price increase for my seats at the Stadium since its inception in 2010. $125 --> $130.

Same price I paid for my one Lame Duck season at Gnats stadium back '09. 

Validates that my section was THE ONE the Jets actually DID GET CORRECT in pricing since there was no drastic price slashing like elsewhere and extremely LOW turnover of STHs in my section of the Mezzanine. 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So my total invoice for two lower level end zone seats is now $3004 including green parking.

Add in the yearly PSL stuff and I can say that these tickets are expensive.

good thing you cut your moderator's salaries

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So my total invoice for two lower level end zone seats is now $3004 including green parking.

Add in the yearly PSL stuff and I can say that these tickets are expensive.

Sell the site to Scout and you have your money Max :)

PS: Please don't do it. :)

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

First price increase for my seats at the Stadium since its inception in 2010. $125 --> $130.

Same price I paid for my one Lame Duck season at Gnats stadium back '09. 

Validates that my section was THE ONE the Jets actually DID GET CORRECT in pricing since there was no drastic price slashing like elsewhere and extremely LOW turnover of STHs in my section of the Mezzanine. 

Where do u sit?

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

$5.00 per ticket equates to a coffee and bagel no big deal, you guys are into it for how much already with the PSLs. 

Sit down cheer loud and enjoy the game. 

5 per ticket is 200 bucks for my 4 seats. Hardly a ******* coffee and a ******* bagel. 

1 minute ago, Section 333 said:

Where do u sit?

What's in it for me for disclosing such valuable information? :-)

Pepsi Screen is over my left shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

What's in it for me for disclosing such valuable information? :-)

Pepsi Screen is over my left shoulder.

So u are buried back worse than me. I sit in 202 2nd row, and the view blows! I can't get 60% of the face unless it's vs the pats, and by the time I pay the psl off they will be building another stadium. Needless to say the 200 increase has me pissed!! With the psl my seats were 166/ per game last year. Now 171, that's nuts for a seat thAt sells for 80 most games. I'm ****ed.

17 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

So u are buried back worse than me. I sit in 202 2nd row, and the view blows! I can't get 60% of the face unless it's vs the pats, and by the time I pay the psl off they will be building another stadium. Needless to say the 200 increase has me pissed!! With the psl my seats were 166/ per game last year. Now 171, that's nuts for a seat thAt sells for 80 most games. I'm ****ed.

Uh, no. 

Im 245A Row 8. I LOVE my view & STH in my section. Plus, since the MetLife staff knows me, I have no issues going into Club. Am right by the bathroom and escalator in the Pepsi gate which makes for a quick & easy entrance & exit. Also great view of the field to see plays develop & Screen for closer replay reviews.

image.thumb.jpeg.05a0a6c0fe269cb5bbab67c

image.thumb.jpeg.44d3fa0f4907fc9d565de25

.......I also expense the cost for my business purposes. Accounting is the language for the bottom line.

Im sorry for your situation.

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Uh, no. 

Im 245A Row 8. I LOVE my view & STH in my section. Plus, since the MetLife staff knows me, I have no issues going into Club. Am right by the bathroom and escalator in the Pepsi gate which makes for a quick & easy entrance & exit. Also great view of the field to see plays develop & Screen for closer replay reviews.

image.thumb.jpeg.05a0a6c0fe269cb5bbab67c

image.thumb.jpeg.44d3fa0f4907fc9d565de25

.......I also expense the cost for my business purposes. Accounting is the language for the bottom line.

Im sorry for your situation.

Good for u that u like them. I wish I did. Endzone, corner endzone all the same resale value wise. The mezzanine is just too far away from the field to charge a premium price. 

As far as expensing them, that's cool I guess. Helps u justify anyway. Still have to pay for them though. You u by any chance SARS 2nd handle. I think his seat is on the other side from u. But similar in view and u2 sound the same.

i can't believe that pompous fool hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet.

15 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Good for u that u like them. I wish I did. Endzone, corner endzone all the same resale value wise. The mezzanine is just too far away from the field to charge a premium price. 

As far as expensing them, that's cool I guess. Helps u justify anyway. Still have to pay for them though. You u by any chance SARS 2nd handle. I think his seat is on the other side from u. But similar in view and u2 sound the same.

i can't believe that pompous fool hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet.

1)"Good for u that u like them. I wish I did"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Value & Joy is relative.

2)"all the same resale value wise. The mezzanine is just too far away from the field to charge a premium price."

That's your first mistake right there. You'll never make your $ back and shouldn't expect to in a stadium w/80K seating capacity.  The "LIVE viewing experience" will always be trumped when compared to watching it at home on a flatscreen 4K w/all your home amenities. The REAL value of Season Tickets is intrinsic. I actually enjoy Tailgating and being able to/legally Yell my Lungs Out every game more than (up until this year, and ESPECIALLY compared to the '11,'12,'13,&'14 seasons) the actual PLAY & PRODUCT that was on the field. I got to, and still do when I attend all 10 games, realize my childhood dream. 

3)"As far as expensing them, that's cool I guess. Helps u justify anyway. Still have to pay for them though."

Like everything in life, there is a price that has to be paid.

4)"You u by any chance SARS 2nd handle . . . and u2 sound the same."

Fừck You for that statement. :-) I know who I am and don't need to belittle others to validate myself. I can't speak for him or the likelihood most would agree with what I just stated in the previous sentence.

10 hours ago, peebag said:

SAR update in 3, 2, 1.......

I will take this opportunity to thank Woody Johnson and the New York Jets for their behavior towards season ticket holders for the past 8 years, ever since the start of the new stadium process.

Between 2001 and 2009 my seats in Giants Stadium rose from $80 to $125, and in the past 7 years my seats saw an increase of $0.  If you add up the increases we were protected from and compare that to the PSL cost, it's as if the PSL's never existed.  $50 per game x 10 games x 7 years = $3,500.  My PSL's were $4,000.

For 2016 I am very happy to pay $5 more per seat per game, it's the least I could do after all the New York Jets have done for me.  I have tickets in my name in a location I love with PSL's that almost never happened and a front office I really like and a roster that plays hard and a team that is most definitely headed in the right direction.

Lets go Jets.

SAR I

Archived