Jets Raise 2016 Ticket Prices

23 hours ago, Section 333 said:

5 per ticket is 200 bucks for my 4 seats. Hardly a ******* coffee and a ******* bagel. 

Did you expect the price of your seat would stay the same forever?

Do you consider a increase, if needed of $5 excessive?

I'm not getting the complaint, prices go up, always do, always will.  You don't want to know what I paid for my STs at Shea.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GenoandtheJets said:

I look at this as a greedy gesture by the ownership of the New York Jets and whoever else is in charge. The team has not been to the playoffs since 2010. I get it that they were 10-6 but they still didn't make the playoffs. I also get it that the NFL is a business that always wants to make money. I sincerely hope that they are relevant next season as well because next years schedule is tougher. If last seasons success was a mirage then it will be "Same Old Jets" all over again. Whatever happens happens I have seen this over and over again. I expect playoffs but if it doesn't happen again for them then I will wonder what the heck else needs to go right.

Good Lord, seriously?

We haven't had a price increase since 2009, that's 7 years.  In a new stadium one would think our prices would have done up $35 to $75 starting in 2010 and instead they didn't go up a penny.  Now they're going up $5 a game and the Jets are "greedy".

If we look at our PSL outlay's and what we'd expected in base ticket price increases, the lack of increases these past 7 years have wiped out almost all of the PSL expenses.  That's awesome.  That's Christmas morning.  That's tooth fairy caliber goodness.

SAR I

11 hours ago, no psls said:

Everyone should send emails to their representatives on the ticket renewal link and tell them to credit their Rewards points towards their season tickets bill . I did this yesterday and the rep called me back in two hours telling me it couldn't be done . I laughed in his face and said "I TOOK A SHOT " . Everyone should pound them with emails since the reps have to respond . The Rewards program is garbage and they should be made aware of this .

I like that idea. I still love going to games, I love my seats, I love the live football experience, and I love the Jets.  But I have gotten zero from the Rewards program.  And I spent a sh*t-ton on PSLs, another sh*t-ton on tickets over the years, and I've bought a fair amount of beers over the years (for me) and more recently pretzels and hot dogs (for my kid).  And I don't think I've ever benefited from the rewards program yet.  Last year, I never saw anything I wanted plus it was a PITA to have to remember to look, so I used all of my points on the London auction (a game I didn't want to go to....though in hindsight I wound up being a couple countries over in Eastern Europe that weekend....whoops!).

I've said from the start, give me an occasional free pretzel or upgraded parking or whatever.  Or, I like your idea - knock a few bucks off the tix.

23 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Money bags.  Does this mean you're going to ask me for my email address to sell to some marketing company?

No. we would never do that.

Totally unrelated but please do make sure your email address on file is up to date. It is for security purposes. I just put a new email server in my house, so I just want to make sure everything is up to date. (Oh no he didn't) lol...

On 3/2/2016 at 9:17 PM, SAR I said:

232ANENYJ_zpsxsphzdpc.jpg

I love the view from your seats, but of the 4 corners we had the best view in 232A in OT against NE, Decker literally ran right at us.  That photo is from Row 10.  I almost fell out of my seat in Row 1.

SAR I

Sar -- great seats. But man you need to update that Kodak of yours. How long did it take you to get that film developed? :)

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No. we would never do that.

Totally unrelated but please do make sure your email address on file is up to date. It is for security purposes. I just put a new email server in my house, so I just want to make sure everything is up to date. (Oh no he didn't) lol...

That is how he suckered us when we were on Jets Insider :) 

9 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

That is how he suckered us when we were on Jets Insider :) 

Such a shame.

Anyhow right under your profile, just check that email field. Just basic maintenance really.  lol....

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sar -- great seats. But man you need to update that Kodak of yours. How long did it take you to get that film developed? :)

LOL, no, that's a screencap from a video someone in my section shot of the OT win over the Patriots.  I'm down in the first row, that was shot in Row 11 or 12 but it's a good representation of how close to the action the Mezz A is, especially in that corner.  (View from 232A occurs at the 2:32 mark, natch).

SAR I

3 hours ago, no psls said:

WHAT ????? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China ?

If you're blaming Woody for "no playoffs in 6 years" it starts with those who supported Rex Ryan and bought him an extra two seasons because of how much our owner wants to please the fans.

So if you didn't support Rex Ryan as of 2012, sure, be angry at Woody Johnson all you want.  But if you did support Rex Ryan in 2012, well, be angry at yourself and the other fans who stood by the worst HC in our history and delayed our progress unnecessarily.

SAR I

On March 2, 2016 at 9:23 PM, SAR I said:

The Jets easily could have charged us all $50 to $75 more per seat per game simply based on the fact that we moved from the old Giants Stadium dump to a brand new facility.  Instead, they didn't raise tickets one penny.  That matters, matters a lot.  

SAR I

I doubt that. They still are unable to sell out the stadium at it's current prices.  I have seats in not only my section, but my row, that the Jets control and sell on NFL Ticket Exchange. 

#PSLGOLD

I got my 2016 season invoice today. 

A total increase of $150 compared to the same amount charged for my previous 6 years of ticket invoices at the new stadium. Not too bad. Remember kids, the VALUE IS INTRINSIC. :-) 

For Comparison's sake: MY PROPERTY TAXES have gone up 232% in that SAME TIME SPAN. Such is life. 

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I doubt that. They still are unable to sell out the stadium at it's current prices.  I have seats in not only my section, but my row, that the Jets control and sell on NFL Ticket Exchange. 

#PSLGOLD

One thing has nothing to do with another.

No PSL owner would have shed a tear if our prices went up $5 or $10 here and there for the past 7 years.  We can afford it, and that extra vig wouldn't make a difference towards getting those open seats sold as we have been in a Rex Ryan downward spiral for all years since 2011.  With a 10 win season and Macca/Bowles onboard, those seats near you will get sold this year, this month, in fact.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

I got my 2016 season invoice today. 

A total increase of $150 compared to the same amount charged for my previous 6 years of ticket invoices at the new stadium. Not too bad. Remember kids, the VALUE IS INTRINSIC. :-) 

For Comparison's sake: MY PROPERTY TAXES have gone up 232% in that SAME TIME SPAN. Such is life. 

Touchdown.

We should all be thanking Mr. Johnson for protecting us from increases these past 7 years, thanking him for letting PSL owners switch seats when requested, thanking him for offering upper deck tickets at half the price of Giants Stadium. 

If he raises the prices $5 when we have a winning record, he'll surely lower prices $5 in years when we struggle.  Ticket pricing is a bit fluid, no need to overreact.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Touchdown.

We should all be thanking Mr. Johnson for protecting us from increases these past 7 years, thanking him for letting PSL owners switch seats when requested, thanking him for offering upper deck tickets at half the price of Giants Stadium. 

If he raises the prices $5 when we have a winning record, he'll surely lower prices $5 in years when we struggle.  Ticket pricing is a bit fluid, no need to overreact.

SAR I

Technically we should still be getting a line item credit.

IDZIK Refund  $750

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you're blaming Woody for "no playoffs in 6 years" it starts with those who supported Rex Ryan and bought him an extra two seasons because of how much our owner wants to please the fans.

So if you didn't support Rex Ryan as of 2012, sure, be angry at Woody Johnson all you want.  But if you did support Rex Ryan in 2012, well, be angry at yourself and the other fans who stood by the worst HC in our history and delayed our progress unnecessarily.

SAR I

Woody is the owner ; he's responsible for EVERYONE being paid by the Jets ; since they all suck , he sucks too .

On 3/3/2016 at 5:46 PM, Flushing Roots said:

Hitting Happy Hour heavy today?

He lowered ticket prices in the upper deck a year after back to back AFCCG appearances, the Devils and other weak-attendance teams have lowered prices too.

SAR I

On 3/3/2016 at 5:24 PM, SAR I said:

Touchdown.

SAR I

I always support your view on psls and agree with all your points on the subject. I, like you, sat on the season tix waiting list never got a call. 10 years.  I was happy to pay for season tix and psls for the new stadium.  Love my seats, club mezz.  Club is pricey but I like it! Today, my bill went up 8% per club ticket or $20.  I have two other tix in 221a that went up by $5.  No problem.  I'm having a tough time with the $20/ticket increase.  Not because I can't afford it, but because I find it obnoxious.  4-5% is realistic.  This is nuts.  I'm definitely gonna call my rep and voice my concern.

Help rationalize this for me SAR I.

3 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

I always support your view on psls and agree with all your points on the subject. I, like you, sat on the season tix waiting list never got a call. 10 years.  I was happy to pay for season tix and psls for the new stadium.  Love my seats, club mezz.  Club is pricey but I like it! Today, my bill went up 8% per club ticket or $20.  I have two other tix in 221a that went up by $5.  No problem.  I'm having a tough time with the $20/ticket increase.  Not because I can't afford it, but because I find it obnoxious.  4-5% is realistic.  This is nuts.  I'm definitely gonna call my rep and voice my concern.

I think calling makes sense. Them seem to take feedback pretty seriously. If nothing else, calling will make you feel better I bet. It won't change anything for this year but they need to know that they are at the upper limit here price wise.

4 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

I recall the Mezz Club's were originally priced at $400 if memory serves correctly*, they were then reduced a few times to the $250 you pay now.  Our Mezz A corners, as you know, were originally priced at $125 and never were reduced.

So, in order for you to be legitimately upset with the Jets, they'd have had to raise your Mezz Club ticket prices $155 which they did not do.

Rationalized.

SAR I

* Just confirmed this.  Also, the PSL's on those seats I believe were $5,000 which is chicken feed compared to the $4,000 we non-Club PSL owners were forced to pay.  The Mezz Club's turned out to be a great deal but the financial model wasn't built to sustain it.  $400 seats for 7 seasons at $250 is quite a bargain.  You had to know these were going to be the first seats to feel the sting of increases when they eventually came.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hopefully next year we see a Super Bowl Surcharge on the invoice!

Good Lord, what Jets fan wouldn't pay 10X the invoice for that!?

I mean, it has to happen eventually, doesn't it?  The Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms from 1970 to 2001.  It just has to be our turn now, right?

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I mean, it has to happen eventually, doesn't it?  The Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms from 1970 to 2001.  It just has to be our turn now, right?

SAR I

I think so. I really feel like they are close.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Actually, their fortunes turned around when they hired Parcells, dropped the Red jerseys for Blue ones, and drafted Drew Bledsoe, #1 overall, back in 1993. By '95 they were legit contenders and in the Super Bowl in 1996. They have had a Franchise QB since 1993, but didn't win it all until 2001; but you already know this.

As soon as the Jets slashed the exorbitant per game Club prices, you KNEW those tix would be the first to go back up in price as soon as the team was "winning."

The savvy STH hit it out of the park with the Mezz Corners. Fellow "Mezz A" PSLer, I salute your astute foresight in that regard as it mirrors mine.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I recall the Mezz Club's were originally priced at $400 if memory serves correctly*, they were then reduced a few times to the $250 you pay now.  Our Mezz A corners, as you know, were originally priced at $125 and never were reduced.

So, in order for you to be legitimately upset with the Jets, they'd have had to raise your Mezz Club ticket prices $155 which they did not do.

Rationalized.

SAR I

* Just confirmed this.  Also, the PSL's on those seats I believe were $5,000 which is chicken feed compared to the $4,000 we non-Club PSL owners were forced to pay.  The Mezz Club's turned out to be a great deal but the financial model wasn't built to sustain it.  $400 seats for 7 seasons at $250 is quite a bargain.  You had to know these were going to be the first seats to feel the sting of increases when they eventually came.

PSL's for my club seats were $7,500, not sure they are worth $400 a seat.  So the original price is arbitrary  and not necessarily true value of ticket.  I don't know, but I think I would top out at $300.  Factor in the PSL cost and price increase and I am already over $350 a ticket for 15 years.  Fortunately, I got to all 10 games this year, but next year may not be able to and having to swallow $270 a game could cause some heartburn.  Thanks for rationalizing though.

Guy in the Green lot last year gave me a great idea which I may employ this year.

Keep my STs in 340 @ $100 for the early season and potential playoff games but then flip the December games and buy Club seats on SH for under face.

Bottom line is I can attend the cold weather games in the Club (usually for under face) and subsidize part of the cost by flipping my seats in 340 (they are Row 8 so I usually get a decent price).

Guy was pretty crafty.  Kinda reminded me of Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad.

18 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Guy in the Green lot last year gave me a great idea which I may execute this year.

Keep my STs in 340 @ $100 for the early season and potential playoff games but then flip the December games and buy Club seats on SH for under face.

Bottom line is I can attend the cold weather games in the Club (usually for under face) and subsidize part of the cost by flipping my seats in 340 (they are Row 8 so I usually get a decent price).

Smart if the Jets are marginal or suck. In a good year or playoff run you won't get anywhere near the club for below face value.  But I understand where he's coming from, sounds like SOJF mentality....

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

The savvy STH hit it out of the park with the Mezz Corners. Fellow "Mezz A" PSLer, I salute your astute foresight in that regard as it mirrors mine.

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

It's a beautiful thing, MZAPSLer.  Perhaps we should trade seats for a game next year, I'm on the shady side though, some don't like that.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

PSL's for my club seats were $7,500, not sure they are worth $400 a seat.  So the original price is arbitrary  and not necessarily true value of ticket.  I don't know, but I think I would top out at $300.  Factor in the PSL cost and price increase and I am already over $350 a ticket for 15 years.  Fortunately, I got to all 10 games this year, but next year may not be able to and having to swallow $270 a game could cause some heartburn.  Thanks for rationalizing though.

I tried to make you feel better, sorry, I know I failed you.

That said, we were a 10 win team last year, you really have to like some of the character guys in the locker room, the GM and the HC look good, money isn't everything.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Guy in the Green lot last year gave me a great idea which I may employ this year.

Nah, you only live once and compared to things like vacations, cigarette smoking, morning bagels, and dog ownership, Jets tickets are a bargain, an absolute bargain.

I may have "lost" $5,000 on lousy games I hated in 2013 and 2014 but I won big attending games like the Patriots in OT next to fans I love and the Giants in OT which cost me $350 in a $125 section.  Those wins were worth more than the $5,000 I may have burned during the Idkiz era.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot of money.  Get the best view you can and have a great time.

SAR I

Archived