How stupid is Rex?

AFJF

Stupid enough to give up two firsts for his best draft pick, Mo Wilk?

- Obviously has full control of personnel in Buffalo with all the Jets signings.

- He hates offensive players

- He hates the Jets

- He'd be making the Jets weaker on defense while improving the Bills.

Who is going to block him 2x per year?

good idea, but I think Woody is too politically sensitive the trade him within the division.    The papers would love to see Mo and Rex knock us out of the playoffs again.   

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

- Obviously has full control of personnel in Buffalo with all the Jets signings.

- He hates the Jets

Rex Ryan would absolutely like to make that deal for Muhammad Wilkerson.   He can't because there is no way to fit Muhammad Wilkerson contract into their cap.( Buffalo).

The Buffalo Bills simply can't afford M Wilkerson contract.   End of story.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Two firsts? SOLD.

draft Elliott and a LBer this year in R1, re-sign snacks, Leonard steps in, I see nothing but improvement 

No friggin' doubt. Also, a big "if" for me--and many others, of course--is if Wilk will be the same after breaking his leg.  Odds are yes. But who knows?

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

No friggin' doubt. Also, a big "if" for me--and many others, of course--is if Wilk will be the same after breaking his leg.  Odds are yes. But who knows?

Nothing is guaranteed, but a leg break gives a better chance of a full recovery, compared to any sort of ligament / soft tissue damage.

But according to some on this site, our schedule is so tough next year there's no way any of our players can do anywhere near as good as last year, so we might as well trade him for whatever we can get. :-) 

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Rex Ryan would absolutely like to make that deal for Muhammad Wilkerson.   He can't because there is no way to fit Muhammad Wilkerson contract into their cap.( Buffalo).

The Buffalo Bills simply can't afford M Wilkerson contract.   End of story.

Too bad teams can't renegotiate current contracts to create room.

34 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Thinking about it.

Let's say we make this deal, we get the Bills 1st this year and next. This year, we take two players in R1 at positions that transition easily as rookies, and get guys that can immediately contribute: Ezekiel Elliot and Reggie Ragland. (Just for the sake of making an example.)

We immediately fill two gaping holes.

We lose Wilk, but already have a proven replacement in Williams. So, we don't really "lose" much there, because it's not as if Williams is an unknown commodity. It's far scarier to lose a talent like Wilk, then draft a rookie and hope he can replace him. We already have proven talent behind him.

Now, we have all of free agency, and the rest of this draft to continue to invest in QB, find another CB to replace Cro, bolster the youth and depth of the OL, and continue to get younger across the board.

And next year, we have 2 first rounders. The Bills pick will surely be inside the top 20, because they are going to just keep getting worse, and ours will probably be a playoff team's pick if I had to guess.

I don't see any scenario where this is bad for us. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Thinking about it.

Let's say we make this deal, we get the Bills 1st this year and next. This year, we take two players in R1 at positions that transition easily as rookies, and get guys that can immediately contribute: Ezekiel Elliot and Reggie Ragland. (Just for the sake of making an example.)

We lose Wilk, but already have a proven replacement in Williams. So, we don't really "lose" much there, because it's not as if Williams is an unknown commodity. It's far scarier to lose a talent like Wilk, then draft a rookie and hope he can replace him. We already have proven talent behind him.

Now, we have all of free agency, and the rest of this draft to continue to invest in QB, find another CB to replace Cro, bolster the youth and depth of the OL, and continue to get younger across the board.

And next year, we have 2 first rounders. The Bills pick will surely be inside the top 20, because they are going to just keep getting worse, and ours will probably be a playoff team's pick if I had to guess.

Nicely broken down.  Hope it happens as you outline.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Two firsts? SOLD.

draft Elliott and a LBer this year in R1, re-sign snacks, Leonard steps in, I see nothing but improvement 

Really. This is a problem to get a pair of 1st rounders from the Bills? Starting in year 1 when we should be looking at 1st round QBs and don't presently have the ammunition to get much higher than our #20 pick? Then as though that's not enough we get their 1st rounder next year as well?

Yeah, sign me up. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Who is going to block him 2x per year?

good idea, but I think Woody is too politically sensitive the trade him within the division.    The papers would love to see Mo and Rex knock us out of the playoffs again.   

OMG really!?!?  You would be against trading Wilk for TWO FIRST'S because you're worried about who will block him twice a year?!?  REALLY!?!?

Any trade involving Mo would have to be with teams with huge amounts of cap space. They can front load the contract so they can resign there own free agent studs 3 years down the road. I don't think any teams believe Mo is a game changer to give picks & sign him to a deal, but we'll see. Jets will have to come off the 2 first rounders to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Thinking about it.

I balked when I read the OP.  But this definitely is an intriguing breakdown

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

That's pretty much the reason why teams will pass on Wilk, although the Raiders and Redskins have been known to do dumber things

A few points:

1. Coaches don't make draft picks. GMs do.

2. The only coach who ever made a draft pick was Eric Mangini, except when he drafted Brick, Mangold, and Revis. That was somebody else, probably.

3. If Rex is so stupid, how did he win two Super Bowls with Mark Sanchez?

4. Why would the Bills devote all of that money to the defensive line? Rex is the guy who turned Sione Pouha into a fringe Hall of Famer.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A few points:

1. Coaches don't make draft picks. GMs do.

2. The only coach who ever made a draft pick was Eric Mangini, except when he drafted Brick, Mangold, and Revis. That was somebody else, probably.

3. If Rex is so stupid, how did he win two Super Bowls with Mark Sanchez?

4. Why would the Bills devote all of that money to the defensive line? Rex is the guy who turned Sione Pouha into a fringe Hall of Famer.

5. Trading Muhammad Wilkerson doesn't make the Jets better.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Any trade involving Mo would have to be with teams with huge amounts of cap space. They can front load the contract so they can resign there own free agent studs 3 years down the road. I don't think any teams believe Mo is a game changer to give picks & sign him to a deal, but we'll see. Jets will have to come off the 2 first rounders to make it happen.

This is why I think Jax makes a lot of sense. They suck on D, and have a ton of cap room they HAVE to use so can front load a deal. And though their 1st this year would be out of bounds, their 2nd is pretty tempting depending on what it's partnered with next year.

My only question would be what Mo's value would be in a 4-3, which I believe is what Jax play.

He's not STUPID, he's dyslexic which really doesn't help his cause in a business where writing play-books, reading 400+page play-books, talking to media, reading aloud prepared statements, and communicating complex theories to younger players is essential. Dyslexia's characteristics consist of:

"Problems may include difficulties in spelling words, reading quickly, writing words,  "sounding out" words in the head, pronouncing words when reading aloud and understanding what one reads."

OH WAIT . . . . . maybe he didn't choose the proper profession after all. :-) 

PS - I'm just kidding and tell the PC Police to Phuk off. 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

This is why I think Jax makes a lot of sense. They suck on D, and have a ton of cap room they HAVE to use so can front load a deal. And though their 1st this year would be out of bounds, their 2nd is pretty tempting depending on what it's partnered with next year.

My only question would be what Mo's value would be in a 4-3, which I believe is what Jax play.

First the Jaguars are getting Dante Fowler back.  ( last year number 1 pick)   They could easily sign Oliveri Vernon in Fa.( they can front load the contract that the Dolphins couldn't match it) .  Than with the fifth pick in the draft  - the draft is loaded with big time Dt's - they have their choice.    Boom defenseline is young and set up nicely .

Signin Fa Oliveri Vernon ,  Sslb Bruce Irvin, and MLB/ Wlb D Trevathan .    Sign Fa CB Sean Smith , and another veteran CB in Fa.    

They have the rest of the draft to pick Best player available.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The bills aren't stupid enough to entertain this silly trade proposal 

Bills are right up against the cap, and there really isn't a way  for them to fit Wilkerson salary in.    There isn't anything wrong trying to find a trading partner for Muhammad Wilkerson.   Just pick a team that has the cap space to do it.

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

- He hates the Jets

The biggest thing is that Rex is on a pretty short leash.

If he doesn't make the playoffs this yr. after all his "Bravado and guarantees" he and Whaley may both be out of a job.

Rex and Whaley could care less about 2017.... playoffs or BUST!!

Hopefully he pulls a "Ditka" and trades us all his picks for 1 player!

Archived