77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

If I say this to Tx, it is fine because I can do nothing about it. But as moderators, why are guys allowing this low life troll the board? I come here to read stuff about Jets from fellow Jets fans. Why are allowing this piece of sh*t human being to be a fly in our soup?

Because he has a high post count.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Certainly seems to be the case, aye.  Inflated the market, as did the Skins paying Cousins Franchise-Tag-QB value.

Maybe Fitz is alot dumber than I thought, because this is the only place he has any real chance of success in the last years of his career IMO.

Or he's just so used to moving, he will demand what he can, and move if he must.

Disappointing, but good news for the Geno Smith Fans here, because I still see nothing on the market we'd realistically go for at QB, leaving Smith and Petty to compete and Petty isn't ready.

The Rams have a good team they just never had a qb. Ditto for the Texans.  The Broncos could even go after Fitz if Osweiler gets too greedy.

Fitz would be successful on any of those teams

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Certainly seems to be the case, aye.  Inflated the market, as did the Skins paying Cousins Franchise-Tag-QB value.

Maybe Fitz is alot dumber than I thought, because this is the only place he has any real chance of success in the last years of his career IMO.

Or he's just so used to moving, he will demand what he can, and move if he must.

Disappointing, but good news for the Geno Smith Fans here, because I still see nothing on the market we'd realistically go for at QB, leaving Smith and Petty to compete and Petty isn't ready.

Great points. at least we can laugh last when he gets paid and is not starting for his new team by  midway through the season.  Might be the smartest move for him personally.  He is old and probably hurts more than he lets on.  May not really care to compete past what he did last year.  Why sign a light deal with the Jets for a couple season when he can get paid to play for another team And save himself for retirement with his big family .  Like working hard in the private sector for years to take a job with the Feds at the end to get s nice retirement . Fits is not dumb.  He knows he had a great year with us and still wasn't enough for a post season.  That dream is dead.  Now he gets paid and rides into the sunset.

On one hand I get why Fitz would want to stay and keep that continuity with the offense and Chan but if you do look at it from a business standpoint he's not getting any younger and this could be his last shot at a big contract.  I don't blame anyone for wanting to test the open market a little especially in football it's a brutal sport and with no guaranteed contracts.  At the end of the day I think this is Ftiz's agent trying to pressure the Jets a little I mean it's tough to see another team throwing big bucks at the guy.

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

If I say this to Tx, it is fine because I can do nothing about it. But as moderators, why are guys allowing this low life troll the board? I come here to read stuff about Jets from fellow Jets fans. Why are allowing this piece of sh*t human being to be a fly in our soup?

I would never stop eating soup because there is s fly or twelve in it.  Tx may troll but he also adds to discussions .  Personally I like him as a poster and will act accordingly when he needs a break.  I always do.  

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

I don't even read most of his self indulgent garbage. 

I hope for humanity's sake his user id is used by a bunch pat fans just trolling jet fans out of boredom and not an actual Brony who thinks he knows anything about football because he likes Brady

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Tx may troll but he also adds to discussions .  Personally I like him as a poster and will act accordingly when he needs a break.  I always do.  

With all due respect, this is like not jailing a criminal because he is a good family man. If you and other mods agree he trolls, you need to let him go.  Banning him occasionally isn't enough imo but I will stop now as I am sure this has been discussed before and no reason to talk about this piece of sh*t anymore. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

With all due respect, this is like not jailing a criminal because he is a good family man. If you and other mods agree he trolls, you need to let him go.  Banning him occasionally isn't enough imo but I will stop now as I am sure this has been discussed before and no reason to talk about this piece of sh*t anymore. 

Thanks.  Feel free to pm me.  I will keep an eye on him.  I axed colgateman yesterday.  Was hoping that would improve things.

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Great points. at least we can laugh last when he gets paid and is not starting for his new team by  midway through the season.  Might be the smartest move for him personally.  He is old and probably hurts more than he lets on.  May not really care to compete past what he did last year.  Why sign a light deal with the Jets for a couple season when he can get paid to play for another team And save himself for retirement with his big family .  Like working hard in the private sector for years to take a job with the Feds at the end to get s nice retirement . Fits is not dumb.  He knows he had a great year with us and still wasn't enough for a post season.  That dream is dead.  Now he gets paid and rides into the sunset.

People saying he's dumb for trying to find his best contract, are dumb.  Why is better off here? Because some fan thinks he cant possibly repeat the same season somewhere else?  No athlete thinks that way and he'd be a fool to not test the open market.  

And based on recent new, it looks like I was right with my 0% vote.  Dude had a career year, he's going to get the best contract he can and owes the Jets nothing.  He wasnt even going to start if Geno didnt go act a fool. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

People saying he's dumb for trying to find his best contract, are dumb.  Why is better off here? Because some fan thinks he cant possibly repeat the same season somewhere else?  No athlete thinks that way and he'd be a fool to not test the open market.  

And based on recent new, it looks like I was right with my 0% vote.  Dude had a career year, he's going to get the best contract he can and owes the Jets nothing.  He wasnt even going to start if Geno didnt go act a fool. 

If the Broncos would consider signing Fitz and starting him...that's a no brainer for him right?

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Broncos would consider signing Fitz and starting him...that's a no brainer for him right?

Absolutely.  Go work for the SB Champs who actually run a legit organization.  100% you do that if you're Fitz.  Dont even think twice. 

98.6% Also known as the temperature of Jets fans notoriously fickle and worried heads tonight.

I mean come on you do realize this is a negotiation, right? Ask yourself what you would do if it was your job to maximize his salary and you took home 10% of the final amount. Think people.

31 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

I think he is a virtual goner now. The Jets are not going to pay him 18 million per season and I do not blame them.

Only Jets fans are upset when our players perform because then they like want to be paid n' stuff.

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Thanks.  Feel free to pm me.  I will keep an eye on him.  I axed colgateman yesterday.  Was hoping that would improve things.

Good to hear ... Not sure who was actually using that Username to troll the board, although someone definitely was ! ... But Max stated Tex has never stooped to that tactic

Archived