77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Mac seems more willing to spend than I am, i.e. the Cro & Revis deals.  So even if Fitz is a bit overpriced due to market conditions I think he pays.  So, 75%  chance Fitz stays.  

I don't like it but that is my expectation as of now.  IMHO anything over $8-9m + a few $m in incentives is too much.

The Jets are about 8 mil over with 6 draft picks to sign and a few free agents maybe . Where is the money coming from to pay Fitzpatrick 10+ mil for next yr  .  As it stands right now, we would have to cut someone to pay Fitz his 10 mil for next season and then someone else or 2 to pay the rookies.    It's going to be an interesting summer for the Jets and their fans. 

If you were Fitz and Cousins gets 19 + mil for next yr , what would you want ?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything above 7 mil a year is too much for Fitzy. I liked what he did last year but there is no guarantee that he will be able to replicate. Good thing I am not the GM though. Any decision about him might backfire. Let him go and if you can't get a good replacement, you are grilled big time. Pay him 10 mil or more and he gets injured and you are again grilled big time. 

I said 0%. Something tells me, Mac knows Fitzy's worth and he won't overpay. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No playoffs.......in 10 seasons 

Three phases to the game, my friend.  He can only put points on the board....I admit, he'd make a terrible OLB/K/CB.

18 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This team that Fitz took to the playoffs, and is no longer a part of, who's the QB and are we starting over yet again .  You really think this Guy can take the Jets to the playoffs when he couldn't after having a career yr last yr  ?

to be fair, 10-6 usually gets a team to the playoffs.  I'd take 10-6 every year, no questions asked. the 2015 Jets fell into that 5% edge condition where a team wins ten games and doesn't make the playoffs. To bash him for not winning the 11th is somewhat unfair. 

Just now, bitonti said:

to be fair, 10-6 usually gets a team to the playoffs.  I'd take 10-6 every year, no questions asked. the 2015 Jets fell into that 5% edge condition where a team wins ten games and doesn't make the playoffs. To bash him for not winning the 11th is somewhat unfair. 

i think the season was judged by losing to rex twice and not making the playoffs, and how they lost - with the offense not finishing.  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It most certainly is fair when he threw 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions to lose the game. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the season was judged by losing to rex twice and not making the playoffs, and how they lost - with the offense not finishing.  

The season was a good one but not good enough. What you saw from Fitzpatrick is what you get he had a career year,will he ever repeat it I doubt it, 

Glad you agree, 

I stand by mine, 

Solution is clear as day then JW....create as much cap room as necessary to bring in Manning.  Three year deal for a QB with multiple SB rings that he won all on his own.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The season was a good one but not good enough. What you saw from Fitzpatrick is what you get he had a career year,will he ever repeat it I doubt it, 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you doubted he'd win 10 this season, so there's that.

I said 50%

I think fitz sees the WR talent and OC here and wants to be here, but then his agent reminds him the cap is going up this year and teams have to hit the spending floor, so the money will be flying around like handjobs at a pats* fan tailgate party

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

i think he can repeat it, but that's not the big question.  the big question is, where are the jets getting a qb who can get them to the next level?  where and when is he arriving?  we're just kinda sitting in quarterback purgatory since ken o'brien.

14 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Anything above 7 mil a year is too much for Fitzy. I liked what he did last year but there is no guarantee that he will be able to replicate. Good thing I am not the GM though. Any decision about him might backfire. Let him go and if you can't get a good replacement, you are grilled big time. Pay him 10 mil or more and he gets injured and you are again grilled big time. 

I said 0%. Something tells me, Mac knows Fitzy's worth and he won't overpay. 

You can say that about any player in the league, to be quite honest.

Will Cam Newton have as good a year next year as he did this year? Unlikely. Will he still be a great QB to have on your team? Absolutely.

Just now, Larz said:

I said 50%

I think fitz sees the WR talent and OC here and wants to be here, but then his agent reminds him the cap is going up this year and teams have to hit the spending floor, so the money will be flying around like handjobs at a pats* fan tailgate party

Have you seen some of the women Gronk attracts to games, 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Let's be fair and call it like it was .  Our defense played awful in that last Bills game .  Our defense lost that game .  Now knowing all that, we had a chance to take the lead in that game and  put the pressure on the Rook QB and we did the one thing we couldn't. We threw an INT in the red zone .

No actually with the easy schedule we  had I thought we would win 12 games. 

Cool....so how much do you offer Manning?  3 years/$60 million/$45 guarenteed?

It's all about winning, and last time I looked he led the Broncos to a SB win.  When was the last time the Jets had a QB fresh off his second SB victory?

Just now, Tinstar said:

Let's be fair and call it like it was .  Our defense played awful in that last Bills game .  Our defense lost that game .  Now knowing all that, we had a chance to take the lead in that game and  put the pressure on the Rook QB and we did the one thing we couldn't. We threw an INT in the red zone .

and that's the underlying problem with fitz.  he's not the guy you want to have to win you the game.  nothing new here.  we lost.

i think he can repeat it, but that's not the big question.  the big question is, where are the jets getting a qb who can get them to the next level?  where and when is he arriving?  we're just kinda sitting in quarterback purgatory since ken o'brien.

Its time to turn the ball over to a young starter and let them grow here into a star  I'm ok with Geno ,Petty or another rookie  cant see paying Fitz big money for mediocre results. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Cool....so how much do you offer Manning?  3 years/$60 million/$45 guarenteed?

It's all about winning, and last time I looked he led the Broncos to a SB win.  When was the last time the Jets had a QB fresh off his second SB victory?

Osweler played a big part in getting the Broncos to the Super Bowl Manning has too many health issues to throw big money at unless of course the rest of the team is built to win now.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Its time to turn the ball over to a young starter and let them grow here into a star  I'm ok with Geno ,Petty or another rookie  cant see paying Fitz big money for mediocre results. 

LIke Nagle, Pennington, Sanchez and Geno?

1 hour ago, peebag said:

What other team is going to pay him over 8 mil to be the starting qb?

I don't see many lining up for that.  I think he'll be back with the Jets.

This. His agent can point to the Bradford deal, and demand that kind of contract, but it doesn't mean someone will give it to him.

Bradford is younger, and still living off of his status as a #1 overall draft pick. Teams will overpay for his potential. Fitz is a 33 year-old journeyman who has bounced around the league quite a bit. I think he's less likely to get such an offer. 

Osweler played a big part in getting the Broncos to the Super Bowl Manning has too many health issues to throw big money at unless of course the rest of the team is built to win now.

Who won that SB?  Manning. It was his second one.  It's all about winning, right?

Just now, sourceworx said:

This. His agent can point to the Bradford deal, and demand that kind of contract, but it doesn't mean someone will give it to him.

Bradford is younger, and still living off of his status as a #1 overall draft pick. Teams will overpay for his potential. Fitz is a 33 year-old journeyman who has bounced around the league quite a bit. I think he's less likely to get such an offer. 

true but the reality is that he appears to want to test the market anyway.  of course this is his right.  so he's either waiting for another team to bid on him to use as leverage with the jets, or just go to the highest bidder.  either way it's not a great sign.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Like having an elite young d-line, a pair of elite WR's, a top-echelon secondary?  Sounds like win now to me.

Go get Peyton big Mac...it's all about winning, and it's 100% on the QB.  The other 52 guys are just there for show.

true but the reality is that he appears to want to test the market anyway.  of course this is his right.  so he's either waiting for another team to bid on him to use as leverage with the jets, or just go to the highest bidder.  either way it's not a great sign.

Let him test it, then. I like the guy a lot, but overpaying for him would be a mistake. 

Just now, AFJF said:

Like having an elite young d-line, a pair of elite WR's, a top-echelon secondary?  Sounds like win now to me.

Go get Peyton big Mac...it's all about winning, and it's 100% on the QB.  The other 52 guys are just there for show.

51 guys but of course the QB is key don't you think.

Archived