77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatricsk was being so loyal to the Jets he would have been signed already he probably wants crazy money with crazy terms. 

true and he surely knows the jets cap situation as well.  mccags has his work cut out for him this offseason.  

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno never had the WRs and the OC Fitz had and still managed to win 8 games 1 season 

If the Jets have already named Fitz the starter, why not deal Geno for a first-round pick?  Teams are more than willing to do that for a young franchise QB.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatricsk was being so loyal to the Jets he would have been signed already he probably wants crazy money with crazy terms. 

Probably.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

true and he surely knows the jets cap situation as well.  mccags has his work cut out for him this offseason.  

Yes he does and unless some of the players under contract start restructuring we are in trouble Harris,Revis,Ferguson all need to give back for the good of the team. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes Manning won it as QB but Osweler played well in Mannings absence keeping the Broncos on top.

This isn't about Osweiller.  This is about winning super bowls.  Manning did that, Osweiller did not.  Going rate for a multi-SB winning QB must be around $25 mil per season, right?  How many years should the Jets give Manning?

Just now, AFJF said:

This isn't about Osweiller.  This is about winning super bowls.  Manning did that, Osweiller did not.  Going rate for a multi-SB winning QB must be around $25 mil per season, right?  How many years should the Jets give Manning?

0 in not implying they should sign Manning unless of course Macc and the organization feel he's the guy to win a Super Bowl 

0 in not implying they should sign Manning unless of course Macc and the organization feel he's the guy to win a Super Bowl 

You said a minute ago that it's all about winning and Manning has done it twice, most recently a few weeks ago. How could there be a more obvious choice based on your statement?  It's about winning Super Bowls.  Nothing else...that's all.  Don't consider the defense or special teams, and not even the whole offense really.  Just the QB.  

The QB who just won it all by himself is going to be available soon.  No brainer. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He was injured remember in the locker room altercation. 

So surely they put him back in when he was healthy since he's clearly the far better quarterback, no?  

Just now, AFJF said:

You said a minute ago that it's all about winning and Manning has done it twice, most recently a few weeks ago. How could there be a more obvious choice based on your statement?  It's about winning Super Bowls.  Nothing else...that's all.  Don't consider the defense or special teams, and not even the whole offense really.  Just the QB.  

The QB who just won it all by himself is going to be available soon.  No brainer. 

Kurt Warner is a available too I never mentioned the Jets should sign Manning,please dont put words in my mouth to defend your opinion that the Jets should resign Fitzpatrick because he is the only option, 

Kurt Warner is a available too I never mentioned the Jets should sign Manning,please dont put words in my mouth to defend your opinion that the Jets should resign Fitzpatrick because he is the only option, 

Now that's just silly.  Warner is retired.  Manning is active.

Fitzpatrick had the hot hand why would they do that. 

So surely, when his hand got cold and he slumped for a few weeks, they realized they had erred an handed the starting job back to Geno, right?  What happened then?

Just now, AFJF said:

So surely, when his hand got cold and he slumped for a few weeks, the realized they had erred an handed the starting job back to Geno, right?  What happened then?

The coaching staff obviously made a decision to stick with Fitzpatrick it won us 10 games but we still sat home for the playoffs. 

The coaching staff obviously made a decision to stick with Fitzpatrick it won us 10 games but we still sat home for the playoffs. 

So Geno is better, and the CS thought he was bettter, but they kept him on the bench when Fitz slumped.  When Fitz broke his hand, rather than let him rest it for an extra week, they built him a bionic glove to keep him on the field rather than let Geno face the mighty Jaguars?

R-E-P-O-R-T-S were out last week he was retiring. 

All reports are true...and even if this one is, I'm sure the Jets could offer Manning enough money to convince him to stick around for another season with a player option for a second.

Just now, AFJF said:

So Geno is better, and the CS thought he was bettter, but they kept him on the bench when Fitz slumped.  When Fitz broke his hand, rather than let him rest it for an extra week, they built him a bionic glove to keep him on the field rather than let Geno face the mighty Jaguars?

I guess Fitzpatrick won the coaching staff over hard not to like the guy he played exceptionally well not well enough to make the playoffs though. 

Any other questions you have please ask Todd Bowles.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

All reports are true.

Never said that

The Denver Post reports Peyton Manning will retire.

Manning is expected to announce his decision late next week. The move isn't a surprise after Manning struggled to hold up physically last year. Despite posting career lows, Manning will go out on top with his second Super Bowl win. A first-ballot Hall of Famer, Manning is the all-time leader in touchdowns (539) and passing yards (71,940). Manning's retirement saves Denver $19 million in cap space.

I guess Fitzpatrick won the coaching staff over hard not to like the guy he played exceptionally well not well enough to make the playoffs though. 

Any other questions you have please ask Todd Bowles.

I have no questions for Todd Bowles.  He kept Geno on the bench while Fitz was injured and/or struggling and has named him the starter heading in to next season.  You're the one I have questions for.  I guess the last one is, how much must you hate Todd Bowles for playing an inferior quarterback and missing the playoffs by one game?  He basically failed to miss the playoffs on purpose.

The Denver Post reports Peyton Manning will retire.

Manning is expected to announce his decision late next week. The move isn't a surprise after Manning struggled to hold up physically last year. Despite posting career lows, Manning will go out on top with his second Super Bowl win. A first-ballot Hall of Famer, Manning is the all-time leader in touchdowns (539) and passing yards (71,940). Manning's retirement saves Denver $19 million in cap space.

More recent report...so now I guess this one is true.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25500685/report-peyton-manning-wants-to-keep-playing

Appearing on ESPN's Mike & Mike, Schefter was asked, essentially, when Peyton will announce his retirement. Schefter rejected the premise of the question, stating that Manning would like to keep playing. Here's a transcript of his full response:

He'd like to keep playing. In a perfect world, he'd like to keep playing. The question is who's going to give him an opportunity.

He's looking for the opportunity Mikey Mac...go get him!!!!

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I have no questions for Todd Bowles.  He kept Geno on the bench while Fitz was injured and/or struggling and has named him the starter heading in to next season.  You're the one I have questions for.  I guess the last one is, how much must you hate Todd Bowles for playing an inferior quarterback and missing the playoffs by one game?  He basically failed to miss the playoffs on purpose.

I dont hate Todd Bowles or Ryan Fitzpatrick I expected the Jets to win 12 games with the easy schedule they had i was disappointed they failed to make the playoffs because of Fitzpatrick's 3 INTS in the last 3 possessions of the game but as a lifelong Jets fan I'm used to failure. 

No more questions please I need a beer, 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

More recent report...so now I guess this one is true.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25500685/report-peyton-manning-wants-to-keep-playing

Appearing on ESPN's Mike & Mike, Schefter was asked, essentially, when Peyton will announce his retirement. Schefter rejected the premise of the question, stating that Manning would like to keep playing. Here's a transcript of his full response:

He'd like to keep playing. In a perfect world, he'd like to keep playing. The question is who's going to give him an opportunity.

He's looking for the opportunity Mikey Mac...go get him!!!!

Yes that came also later in the week the media blows up everything good or bad and most times is quick to draw the gun when stuff like this happens, 

I dont hate Todd Bowles or Ryan Fitzpatrick I expected the Jets to win 12 games with the easy schedule they had i was disappointed they failed to make the playoffs because of Fitzpatrick's 3 INTS in the last 3 possessions of the game but as a lifelong Jets fan I'm used to failure. 

No more questions please I need a beer, 

This one's on me.

http://www.fitzpatricksbrewing.co.nz/

The fact the coaching Staff preferred to start a damaged goods Fitzy w/a Luke Skywalker hand over a perfectly healthy stronger-armed Geno is rather indicative. 

Sadly, we're in the SAME EXACT predicament @ QB as we were heading into last offseason when MacCags took the job. We only have Geno Smith and a neophyte QB w/"potential" (Petty in '16, Simms in '15) under contract. We'll manage and as history indicates, there's PLLLLLLLENNNNNNTTTTTY of time between the week BEFORE FA and the new NFL season begins and opening day in September. Prepare for another interesting and nerve-churning off-season. 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The fact the coaching Staff preferred to start a damaged goods Fitzy w/a Luke Skywalker hand over a perfectly healthy stronger-armed Geno is rather indicative. 

Sadly, we're in the SAME EXACT predicament @ QB as we were heading into last offseason when MacCags took the job. We only have Geno Smith and a neophyte QB w/"potential" (Petty in '16, Simms in '15) under contract. We'll manage and as history indicates, there's PLLLLLLLENNNNNNTTTTTY of time between the week BEFORE FA and the new NFL season begins and opening day in September. Prepare for another interesting and nerve-churning off-season. 

Petty is no slouch he could be that guy.

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The fact the coaching Staff preferred to start a damaged goods Fitzy w/a Luke Skywalker hand over a perfectly healthy stronger-armed Geno is rather indicative

All Todd Bowles did was do exactly what he said he would when Geno Smith got his Jaw Broken.  He told us at that Press Conference  that if the team had a winning record , he wasn't changing the QB.  There was no point in the season where it was appropriate to bench Fitzpatrick in favor of Smith when the team was winning .  It would have created a division within the team and questioned the Coaching ability of a rookie HC.

Archived