77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

I pray you are right, because Geno as the starting QB is HORRIFYING & REALLY makes me debate renewing my season tix. 

Geno was dealt a bad hand here he was bad I agree but circumstances werent in his favor here when Clyde Gates was your #1 WR. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Thanks I'm guessing it will be a great beer to drink and enjoy but come tomorrow morning my ass will fall out and and I will be hung over. 

Probably, but the alternative misses the mark more often than not, and tastes best when the party is just about to end.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

All Todd Bowles did was do exactly what he said he would when Geno Smith got his Jaw Broken.  He told us at that Press Conference  that if the team had a winning record , he wasn't changing the QB.  There was no point in the season where it was appropriate to bench Fitzpatrick in favor of Smith when the team was winning .  It would have created a division within the team and questioned the Coaching ability of a rookie HC.

A QB coming off hand surgery requiring a bionic glove to take snaps before taking on a basement dwelling Jaguar team wasn't an appropriate time?  Wow.

Just now, AFJF said:

A QB coming off hand surgery requiring a bionic glove to take snaps before taking on a basement dwelling Jaguar team wasn't an appropriate time?  Wow.

Teams build continuity around the QB many say the injury wasn't that bad. 

Maybe Bowles doesn't like Geno similar to the Kerley situation. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

At any point during that 1st game after surgery, did it appear that Fitzpatrick was unable to handle the position   ?  The surgery was scheduled so that Fitzpatrick wouldn't missed any time and he didn't.  He built something  with the team and the staff didn't want to lose it.

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

All Todd Bowles did was do exactly what he said he would when Geno Smith got his Jaw Broken.  He told us at that Press Conference  that if the team had a winning record , he wasn't changing the QB.  There was no point in the season where it was appropriate to bench Fitzpatrick in favor of Smith when the team was winning .  It would have created a division within the team and questioned the Coaching ability of a rookie HC. . . . . . .

At any point during that 1st game after surgery, did it appear that Fitzpatrick was unable to handle the position   ?  The surgery was scheduled so that Fitzpatrick wouldn't missed any time and he didn't.  He built something  with the team and the staff didn't want to lose it.

All valid points, but when the situation at that specific point in time was that the starting QB couldn't grip the ball with his left hand and had a torn thumb ligament (key for taking the snap under center) it would seem the coaching staff would have been more comfortable inserting the young QB they were all gun-ho about before the "Jaw Incident." 

I agree with what you are saying, but I interpreted that snub, if you will, as a complete lack of faith in Geno. I'd say MOST other teams would have gone w/their back-up QB to start that game vs. Jax to rest their starter and not compromise him to exacerbating the injury. Fitzy played 2 games with a  torn ligament, had surgery, and then returned 10 days later to play vs. Houston. That's a HUGE (and BALLSY by Bowles) risk to expose your starting QB and could have just as equally damaged the team if he got hurt worse. 

**** To answer your 2nd part*****

Fitzy was HORRIBLE in that Houston game and IMO he was still affected by the surgery/painkillers he needed to just be on the field. 

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If Todd Bowles honestly believed that Geno Smith was a better quarterback than Ryan Fitzpatrick, nobody in their right mind would have questioned him if he said "Ryan's hand looks good, but we're gonna' play it safe and give him an extra week" and that would've given him a chance to see for himself. Instead, they found somebody to build a bionic glove for a supposedly inferior QB to make sure he wouldn't miss a single snap against the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Yet people continue harp on Geno being named the starter in camp, which he was, but I have no doubt that the plan was to let him audition for four weeks before going to Fitz during the bye week if Geno Geno'd.  Even when Fitz and the offense struggled, Geno was kept on the bench.  Heading in to next season, after Geno will have had an entire offseason to learn the playbook, Bowles even shocked some Geno doubters (myself included) when he said the job already belongs to Fitz and Petty will have a shot to win the no. 2 job.  Essentially leaving the door open for Geno to be bumped to no. 3 or essentially let go.  

If Geno is anywhere near as good as some of you say, he'd be the starter, or he'd be traded for a first or second round pick.  Instead, he's only being given the opportunity to win back his number 2 job.

Although, in the name of boosting morale, I have no doubt that once camps roll around, Bowles will backtrack and say Geno has a shot to start.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Again, if he thought he was the better player, the team would have played better with him under center.  Nothing will build continuity faster than performing at a high level.

If Geno is as good as some of you feel, there are professional evaluators who will see that same potential, and should be calling the Jets to offer a package of picks, starting with their first rounder.

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Again, if he thought he was the better player, the team would have played better with him under center.  Nothing will build continuity faster than performing at a high level.

If Geno is as good as some of you feel, there are professional evaluators who will see that same potential, and should be calling the Jets to offer a package of picks, starting with their first rounder.

Geno is not worth a first rounder and Fitzpatrick isn't worth a lot of money. STOP 

Geno is not worth a first rounder and Fitzpatrick isn't worth a lot of money. STOP 

All depends on what you define as "a lot" in the current market.

What do you think they could get for Geno in a trade?  

Geno Smith isnt as bad as you guys make him out to be, 

You lambasted Geno Smith for INTs. 

How come you give Fitzpatrick a pass when he threw 3 INTs in a row in a crucial game we needed to win the playoffs. 

Enough questions of me its your turn to defend Fitzpatrick.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How come you give Fitzpatrick a pass when he threw 3 INTs in a row in a crucial game we needed to win the playoffs. 

If he is a starting caliber QB who can do better than Fitz did last year, at his age, he would fetch at least a 2

Geno has zero pocket awareness.  From the way he plays, it is quite obvious that Geno only can see a small sliver of the field at any given time (much like Sanchez).  Geno's decision making is beyond atrocious because he doesn't understand NFL defensive formations and doesn't have the brains to ever get to that point.  He will be out of football within the next 3 years.  Oh... he has a strong arm.  Yay.  that's the one thing he has over Fitz.  Everything else: he is inferior.  Far more than Fitz, Geno doesn't see the open man, cannot make a hot read if his life depended on it and when he tries to be mobile in the pocket he moves right into a position to get himself sacked.  Even as a mobile QB using his legs, Fitz is better and there is no way that should be the case. 

Geno is horrendous and was an awful draft pick.  

You asked.  There you go.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Geno has zero pocket awareness.  From the way he plays, it is quite obvious that Geno only can see a small sliver of the field at any given time (much like Sanchez).  Geno's decision making is beyond atrocious because he doesn't understand NFL defensive formations and doesn't have the brains to ever get to that point.  He will be out of football within the next 3 years.  Oh... he has a strong arm.  Yay.  that's the one thing he has over Fitz.  Everything else: he is inferior.  Far more than Fitz, Geno doesn't see the open man, cannot make a hot read if his life depended on it and when he tries to be mobile in the pocket he moves right into a position to get himself sacked.  Even as a mobile QB using his legs, Fitz is better and there is no way that should be the case. 

Geno is horrendous and was an awful draft pick.  

You asked.  There you go.  

Geno had the worst offensive coordinators here in the league along with the worst WRs in the league let me remind you Clyde Gates and David Nelson. 

He managed to throw for 3000 yards with scrubs who couldn't even run routes. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno had the worst offensive coordinators here in the league along with the worst WRs in the league let me remind you Clyde Gates and David Nelson. 

He managed to throw for 3000 yards with scrubs who couldn't even run routes. 

true.  But so is everything I wrote.  He sucks. Should never be an NFL starter again unless there is an emergency.  Dumb as a rock too.

Just now, Dcat said:

true.  But so is everything I wrote.  He sucks. Should never be an NFL starter again unless there is an emergency.  Dumb as a rock too.

Thats your opinions my comments are facts. LOL Clyde Gates and David Nelson #1 and #2 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That's an easy one.  As with anything else in life, you take the good with the bad.  How many terrible/unforgivable drops did Marshall have this season?  You could make the argument that he's the reason they lost the Philly game, but he had a monster season so we live with it.

Same with Fitz, he threw 31 TD's and 15 INTs.  Sadly, he threw 3 in 3 posessions to end the season.  One was ugly, one was the old "hit as he threw", and the other was after a WR didn't hold on to what would've been a game winning TD pass.  But it happens.  He did enough good that I can live with the bad.

Geno was 80% bad IMO, that's too much bad to be thrilled about the few and far between flashes of good.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A 6 pack maybe. 

Nahhhh ... I think his value maxes out at a wine-cooler 4 pack ... Seagrams! ... The other team grossly overpaid if it's Bartles & James !!

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's an easy one.  As with anything else in life, you take the good with the bad.  How many terrible/unforgivable drops did Marshall have this season?  You could make the argument that he's the reason they lost that game.

Same with Fitz, he threw 31 TD's and 15 INTs.  Sadly, he threw 3 in 3 posessions to end the season.  One was ugly, one was the old "hit as he threw", and the other was after a WR didn't hold on to what would've been a game winning TD pass.  But it happens.  He did enough good that I can live with the bad.

Geno was 80% bad IMO, that's too much bad to be thrilled about the few and far between flashes of good.

Well Said!

I think a young starting caliber QB would be a very hot commodity, yes, I don't think Geno is a starting caliber QB though like you do, not even close really

But you think Fitz can take the Jets to the promised land.

The Jets will waste 2 years if they bring Fitz back

How good will your $17MM CB be in 2 years?

Start Petty and see what he has.

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WOW!!!!!!!!

Sorry, you lost some credibility points right there with that statement. Fitzy doesn't get a pass, that's why there's such arduous debate on how much he's WORTH paying in 2016, if it all. 

But to defend Geno after 2+ season of infuriating mediocrity and 1 offseason of COMPLETE immature stupidity, is pretty asinine. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

But you think Fitz can take the Jets to the promised land.

The Jets will waste 2 years if they bring Fitz back

How good will your $17MM CB be in 2 years?

Start Petty and see what he has.

You're crazy! This is a win now team, lunacy if their game plan right now is to hand the reigns to Petty. If not Fitz, another vet must be brought to the team.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

You're crazy! This is a win now team, lunacy if their game plan right now is to hand the reigns to Petty. If not Fitz, another vet must be brought to the team.

How can you say a team that has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row is a "win now " team? 

Just now, section314 said:

How can you say a team that has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row is a "win now " team? 

They did win 10 games last season which more often than not earns a playoff birth.  Most of their talent is late 20's early 30's.  This is not a young team, it needs a vet at QB.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This is a completely different team than the one that missed the playoffs the previous four seasons. This current roster is a win now team that missed the postseason by one game. This team has nothing to do with the previous Rex Ryan teams.

Just now, AFJF said:

This is a completely different team than the one that missed the playoffs the previous four seasons. This current roster is a win now team that missed the postseason by one game. This team has nothing to do with the previous Rex Ryan teams.

I never said they did. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats your opinions my comments are facts. LOL Clyde Gates and David Nelson #1 and #2 

your facts are irrelevant to 2016.  Geno sucks.  God help us if he starts. You think it is opinion that Geno is stupid?  LOL.  One of my kids was at WVU for a year and her roommate dated Geno for a bit and then Tavon Austin.  Take it from me, Geno is about as dumb as a dead rodent and isn't very nice as a person  Austin was a nice kid with some smarts.  So as for Geno being dumb,  AFAIC, that is a hard, cold FACT.  

Another  Fact:  He showed over and over that he is incapable of reading NFL defenses. You think that changed this year while he sat on the bench?  LOL.  Good luck with that. Can't wait till he is off this team.  Never should have drafted him.  Thanks Idzik.

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

PatsTrollTx is the biggest troll going, he even has an alternate Screen name that he trolls with. He's not worth replying too, and he is much better on ignore like I have him

Archived