• 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dcat said:

your facts are irrelevant to 2016.  Geno sucks.  God help us if he starts. You think it is opinion that Geno is stupid?  LOL.  One of my kids was at WVU for a year and her roommate dated Geno for a bit and then Tavon Austin.  Take it from me, Geno is about as dumb as a dead rodent and isn't very nice as a person  Austin was a nice kid with some smarts.  So as for Geno being dumb,  AFAIC, that is a hard, cold FACT.  

Another  Fact:  He showed over and over that he is incapable of reading NFL defenses. You think that changed this year while he sat on the bench?  LOL.  Good luck with that. Can't wait till he is off this team.  Never should have drafted him.  Thanks Idzik.

Your daughters roommate sounds trampy. 

Until we get a QB who leads this team to a Super Bowl they all suck.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

How can you say a team that has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row is a "win now " team? 

the majority of the team's established talent is above the age of 29 and have SUPER high salaries that will make them unattainable within the next 2-3 years. It's CLEARLY a win-now team if you WANT TO WIN with Mangold, Revis, Harris, D'Brick, Decker (28yo), and Mo on a 1yr Tag. The avg. age of the 2015 Jets was 26.5 years old. 

22 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I think a young starting caliber QB would be a very hot commodity, yes, I don't think Geno is a starting caliber QB though like you do, not even close really

Geno was one of the worst rated starting QBs notwithstanding that Miami game where Miami didn't play any defense.  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Your daughters roommate sounds trampy. 

Until we get a QB who leads this team to a Super Bowl they all suck.

She was indeed.  My daughter couldn't wait to get out of there.  Worst year of her life.  

Geno is not NFL caliber. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes any game Geno did well in the other team laid down.........

Fitz threw 31 TDs and led the team to ten wins.  I've lost count if the number of times people have said he had nothing to do with it.  Just had to close his eyes and chuck it up in the air for Marshall or Decker to rip it from the hands of the triple coverage to make a play.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes any game Geno did well in the other team laid down.........

"Any game he did well in"?  All one of them?  Maybe two, if we are generous.  You think Miami didn't quit on the season?  LOL.  Watch the game again if you have it recorded.  There is no defending Geno Smith.  He doesn't belong in the NFL.  

Just now, Dcat said:

She was indeed.  My daughter couldn't wait to get out of there.  Worst year of her life.  

Geno is not NFL caliber. 

Define NFL QB 

What makes you think Fitzpatrick is so damn good 7 teams in 10 years never made the playoffs 

Define NFL QB 

What makes you think Fitzpatrick is so damn good 7 teams in 10 years never made the playoffs 

where did I say Fitz is so good?  I didn't.  Now you're fabricating.  I want a real franchise QB. Until we get one, I'd rather see Fitz on the field than Geno.  Frankly, I'll be happy when neither are on the team and we have a real franchise QB.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

where did I say Fitz is so good?  I didn't.  Now you're fabricating.  I want a real franchise QB. Until we get one, I'd rather see Fitz on the field than Geno.  Frankly, I'll be happy when neither are on the team and we have a real franchise QB.

If Osweiler actually hits "Legal Tampering" on Monday I think that may be an opportunity to sign a player that realistically may turn into a franchise QB.  I have a hard time believing the Broncos would allow that to happen, but it bears watching. 

Should The Los Angeles Rams Target Ryan Fitzpatrick In Free Agency?

GettyImages-75383431.0.jpg
Getty Images/Getty Images

The St. Louis Rams drafted Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2005. Is it time they bring him back?

With the 250th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams selected Harvard quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.  At the time, the selection was a move to add depth behind starter Marc Bulger and backup Jamie Martin

In his final season at Harvard, Fitzpatrick lead Harvard to a 10-0 record, and won Ivy League MVP honors.  His stats [1,986 yards, 13 TD’s/6 INT's] were nothing stellar, but they got the job done.  Prior to the draft, you’ll remember, Fitzpatrick scored a 48 [out of 50] on the Wonderlic; the highest score ever achieved amongst NFL quarterbacks.

After an unfruitful two-year stint with the Rams, the journeyman QB would go on to play for the BengalsBillsTitans, and Texans before eventually landing in New York where he started all 16 games for the Jets.  Fitzpatrick had a very solid 2015 campaign, passing for 3,905 yards, with 31 touchdowns compared to 15 interceptions. 

Current day, eleven years after being drafted by the Rams, Fitzpatrick, is now a 33 year old free agent.  And, given the dire need the Rams have for a quarterback, his name has emerged as a potential target.  With Kirk Cousins getting the franchise tag, and Sam Bradford signing a two-year deal with the Eagles, Fitzpatrick and Broncos’ quarterback Brock Osweiler are now the cream of the crop for free agent QB’s.  That is, at least, until the Redskins or 49ers decide when/if they’re moving on from Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick.

Over at Pro Football Focusthey noted six teams who could potentially use the service of Fitzpatrick. It comes as no surprise that the Rams made that list.

The Rams have arguably the biggest need at quarterback, after 

Nick Foles

(

) had the second-lowest NFL passer rating in 2015, at 69.0. When Foles was not under pressure, he wasn’t making as many mistakes as he was while under pressure, but still only averaged 6.5 yards per attempt. At the moment, 

Case Keenum

(

) is the better option. He was much better than Foles without pressure (NFL QB rating of 102.2), but was worse when he was under pressure, with a passer rating of 51.7. Fitzgerald at his best is better than Keenum at his best, and the Rams have plenty of cap space to over-spend at quarterback if they want to.

As for having "plenty of cap space," I suppose PFF isn't inaccurate.  The Rams do currently have just over $45M in cap space; 9th most in the NFL.  But they’ve also got work to do with a slew of their own free agents, all while potentially locking up other outside FA’s and the 2016 draft class.

According to Spotrac’s Market Value estimator, Fitz would look to be getting a deal somewhere in the ballpark of 3 years, $33M [$11M average].  For the sake of reference, they’ve got Osweiler pegged at 4 years, $41M [$10.2M average].  Not particularly inexpensive options either way.

As for Fitzpatrick’s strong outing in 2015, much credit should [also] be given to the surrounding talent.  Chris Ivory was the league’s 5th highest rusher, finishing the season with 1,070 yards and seven touchdowns.  His wideouts - Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker - combined for 189 receptions, 2,529 yards, and 26 touchdowns.  Twenty six. 

The Rams have the strong running game part on lock, thanks to Todd Gurley.  But a duo of wide receivers like the Jets have in New York? Not hardly.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

the problem with this line of thinking is that there are 32 teams who want to win every year, just as bad as the Jets. And losing 10 games a year doesn't get a team closer it gets them further away. The Browns, Titans etc have been rebuilding for years

let's imagine your worst case that Fitz gets them to the playoffs and loses the first round. The next year, with or without Fitz, that team has players with playoff experience. Then maybe they win 2 games in the playoffs. It's called building a program. The Ravens had to do it for years before they finally broke through and beat the Pats in the AFCCG. It's building toward a goal that is a winning formula. not tearing everything down every 5 years. 

The Browns and Titans problem is deeper than talent (or lack thereof). Those teams suffer from having horrible management/front offices, which is really where cultures are established. It starts at the top, and until that changes those teams won't go anywhere.

The Ravens also had a young QB to build around. Do you believe Fitzpatrick is a QB you can win it all with? If so, fine (although you should know history says something else). If not, why continue to play him? You'll be in the same situation that Cincy is in. The Bengals have an enormous amount of talent, but they have the unfortunate problem of Andy Dalton being the QB. He has shown time and time again, he's a QB that crumbles when he's facing superior competition. Cincy will never win the big one until they get rid of him. Problem is they're too good to make a change. Who are they gonna be able to get? Don't have enough money to sign a QB with potential to win it all, plus they're too high in the draft to pick a game changer, plus they might not want to pick a QB because Dalton has blinded them enough to where they think they can stick with him. So they're basically good enough to be in the playoffs every year, but not good enough to win it all. That my friend, is mediocrity. The worst place You can be. I'm not settling for mediocrity.

The thing is if you lose, you have a better chance at getting a franchise QB. Look at the Colts. They tanked, now they have their guy in Luck. Look at the Bucs. They have their guy in Jameis Winston, and now they are trending upwards. Imagine if we had a guy like Winston? in 2014, I was pounding my fists on the table everyday hoping the Jets would lose, so that we could get Winston. Because I knew he was special and was destined for greatness. But I was lambasted by Jet fans, asking how could I as a Jets fan root for the Jets to lose? I understand the team wasn't going to try and lose. All I said was that it was in our best interests to do so. But Jets fans were acting all high and mighty like we were too good to tank. Even though we were losing games when it counted, it's a problem if we lose games when it doesn't matter.

This is the problem with our fanbase. We want the Jets to win a Superbowl. We want the Jets to have a franchise QB. But yet we aren't willing to make an effort to do so (even if it means taking drastic measures, which it usually does). I'm done with mediocrity. I want to win it all! And if it takes taking 2 steps back in order to take 3 steps forward, then so be it. But Jets fans are too accepting of mediocrity for that to happen. They're the real "Same Ol Jets Fan" that they accuse others of being

On a bright note, even if we lose out on Fitz. The silly money QB's are making, we will get at Least  a 3rd rounder in compensation.

I like Petty personally and I'm hoping a year sitting has helped him develop. What I saw in pre-season he's got an arm, looks mobile and looked pretty good. 

12 hours ago, King P said:

The Browns and Titans problem is deeper than talent (or lack thereof). Those teams suffer from having horrible management/front offices, which is really where cultures are established. It starts at the top, and until that changes those teams won't go anywhere.

The Ravens also had a young QB to build around. Do you believe Fitzpatrick is a QB you can win it all with? If so, fine (although you should know history says something else). If not, why continue to play him? You'll be in the same situation that Cincy is in. The Bengals have an enormous amount of talent, but they have the unfortunate problem of Andy Dalton being the QB. He has shown time and time again, he's a QB that crumbles when he's facing superior competition. Cincy will never win the big one until they get rid of him. Problem is they're too good to make a change. Who are they gonna be able to get? Don't have enough money to sign a QB with potential to win it all, plus they're too high in the draft to pick a game changer, plus they might not want to pick a QB because Dalton has blinded them enough to where they think they can stick with him. So they're basically good enough to be in the playoffs every year, but not good enough to win it all. That my friend, is mediocrity. The worst place You can be. I'm not settling for mediocrity.

The thing is if you lose, you have a better chance at getting a franchise QB. Look at the Colts. They tanked, now they have their guy in Luck. Look at the Bucs. They have their guy in Jameis Winston, and now they are trending upwards. Imagine if we had a guy like Winston? in 2014, I was pounding my fists on the table everyday hoping the Jets would lose, so that we could get Winston. Because I knew he was special and was destined for greatness. But I was lambasted by Jet fans, asking how could I as a Jets fan root for the Jets to lose? I understand the team wasn't going to try and lose. All I said was that it was in our best interests to do so. But Jets fans were acting all high and mighty like we were too good to tank. Even though we were losing games when it counted, it's a problem if we lose games when it doesn't matter.

This is the problem with our fanbase. We want the Jets to win a Superbowl. We want the Jets to have a franchise QB. But yet we aren't willing to make an effort to do so (even if it means taking drastic measures, which it usually does). I'm done with mediocrity. I want to win it all! And if it takes taking 2 steps back in order to take 3 steps forward, then so be it. But Jets fans are too accepting of mediocrity for that to happen. They're the real "Same Ol Jets Fan" that they accuse others of being

Great post man, I just don't think these guys get it.

one half of me really wants to see the jets do well next year, but the other part of me wants them to lose a bunch so we could get in on deshaun Watson, that kid is something special 

16 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I'm really tired of you guys following me everywhere to down vote my post, you kids are so upset lmao, please block me if I hurt your feelings so bad

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Euripides

18 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I'm really tired of you guys following me everywhere to down vote my post, you kids are so upset lmao, please block me if I hurt your feelings so bad

Theres a certain group here thats all they do ,they offer nothing on football only troll others and ridicule, 

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Euripides

He is PatsTrollTx looking for attention, because his life is so pathetic that he has nothing but trolling Jets fans thinking him being a Pats fan give him some type of status in life. And JoeWilly is hook line and sinker in on it.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOFL!!!!! 

Pot, please let me introduce you to someone, his name is kettle.

Talk football or GTFO go play legos or dolls or something introduce your kids to daddy once in awhile. 

Sick of your sh*t here day  in and day out.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Talk football or GTFO go play legos or dolls or something introduce your kids to daddy once in awhile. 

Sick of your sh*t here day  in and day out.

LOFL! I am sick of yoru sh*t here day in and day out, you offer nothing but bitching and whining, with no solution, when pressed for a solution, you scream about unattainable QB's or Geno F'n Smith, and I am the one who trolls!!

Holy Fn Crap, the delusion you have is insane!

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

LOFL! I am sick of yoru sh*t here day in and day out, you offer nothing but bitching and whining, with no solution, when pressed for a solution, you scream about unattainable QB's or Geno F'n Smith, and I am the one who trolls!!

Holy Fn Crap, the delusion you have is insane!

What is your plan. I haven't heard anything out of you in months except ridicule and insults. 

What is your plan. I haven't heard anything out of you in months except ridicule and insults. 

I have given it to you 3 times, you just don't hear it amongst your whining and bitching.

Here it is for the 4th time.

Sign Fitz to a reasonable short term contract.

Continue to develop Petty

Draft a QB, develop him too.

Continue to draft and devleop QB's until you have a frnachise QB. Sign competent vets to help develop them properly

Its not fn rocket science.

If a team is dumb enough to let a franchise QB go, get him.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No thats you have been watching way too much. 

Sing it with me i love  you you love me we are 1 big happy Jets family...........

Ok, so did you click your magic slippers 3 times and say, please give me a franchise QB?

just trying to help you get what you want.

Archived