Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

8 minutes ago, fltflo said:

See we can agree, I want no part of Vick either. When last here and called upon he was totally unprepared to play. The guy basically stole his pay check.

The QB who impressed most last season was McCowen from the Browns. Although he got hurt playing us, I like his arm and smarts. I would certainly give up a 7th round pick and pay him the 3 million we gave Fitz last year to backup Geno. With RG3 the mostly likely starter in Cle, I could see the Browns willing to deal.

Why do you guys want to underpay every Qb. Like it's coming out of your pockets. This isn't the price scale on NFL Qbs. McCown is under contract with the Browns for two more seasons and is due about 10 mil or 5 per season. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-mccown/ If we don't sign Fitz sure he'd be a good Qb to acquire. The thing is why would the Browns want to let him go. At least they they have a Qb budget although a low one. RG3 makes 7.5 and McCown 5 or 12.5 for their first two Qbs. Geno is due to make about 1.5 this year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/geno-smith/. And last year Fitz only made 3.5. So even if Fitz made 12 this year we would have a low budget for roster Qbs, And if he settles for 8-10 it's under what the Browns are paying.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd definitely prefer McCowen over Vick.

But I'd also prefer Geno/Vick to Fitz/Geno.

My ideal would be Geno/McCowen but I would not mind a Geno/Fitz either. Problem is Bowels already said that Fitz would be his starter, which if you ask me, began this whole pay me like a top flight starter crap with Fitz. Absolutely stupid mistake by Bowels, this right after the 3 pick game that eliminated from the playoffs.

The prudent way to go was, whoever excels in training camp will get the starting position next year.

So there is now no way Fitz will come back and play for the Jets for backup dollars.

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

It's the new thing these days for the kids to celebrate losers.

Fitz is like the new Napoleon Dynamite.

ND24-Skills__36683__53607.1428431523.300

fitzGreen.jpg?04e1b4

Gotta admit though, that is a sweet shirt.  If Fitz is re-signed, I may order one.

You are my new fashion designer. ?

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No now its fixed 

What's your point with that comment?

How about this instead:

"jw12" hopefully the last we see of Fitzpatrick "

I'm a  Ryan Fitzpatrick  HATER

1 minute ago, ljr said:

What's your point with that comment?

How about this instead:

"jw12" hopefully the last we see of Fitzpatrick "

I'm a  Ryan Fitzpatrick  HATER

No not a hater I post FACTS 6 teams 11 years never made the playoffs 3 INTs in a row in a crucial game 

Unlike the Geno haters who make up stuff and personally attack the man 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No its me voicing my displeasure with Fitzpatrick thats picture is right after he threw 3 INTs--FACT 

Oh cool ... The Jan 3rd game from last years regular season. ... When did you voice this displease about that performance ?

for a second there  I thought you were a Fitz hater!

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Oh cool ... The Jan 3rd game from last years regular season. ... When did you voice this displease about that performance ?

for a second there  I thought you were a Fitz hater!

Not a hater just not a supporter unless of course he is the starting QB in 2016 then I will root for him to excel and  beast mode here.

On July 21, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Rangers9 said:

We sniffed it last year. Since some of our fans love "almost statistics" we almost won and made it last year. Kembrall Thompkins almost caught that TD pass. So if almost interceptions count why not almost playoffs. Again football is not just winning SBs And your team hasn't won that many. Most years they don't win. Does that mean you didn't have fun. It's entertainment first. I had a good time last year I don't know about these guys. They probably never have a good time. Go out and do a little tail gating and lighten up. Have a beer... and send your bill to Tex. For all of the endless bragging he does he owes us a couple hundred of cases. :beer:

Fitz almost became employed. 

16 hours ago, EM31 said:

The point that was being made was that Mac will not cave and that therefore the Jets will not pay above the team valuation on the player.

I imagine that Mo Wilkerson would have signed a deal @17M per year at any point during this lengthy process.  So Mac and the Jets did indeed come off their number in order to get the deal done.  (came off their number = caved).

You seem to be saying that since the pressures are different in Fitz's case that they would not do the same here.  Maybe so, maybe not, but the point I was responding to was the somewhat absolute declaration that the Jets/Mac simply does not and would not cave.

With respect to the lower pressure from the Fitz contract negotiations because of him not being a top-5 player.  Very true but on the other hand there is far greater pressure IMO if the QB situation goes seriously south under Geno.  If Geno is not significantly better as in 16 or so QB ranking spots (up to mid pack) better at least then the Jets W/L record will be perceived as being bad because Mac screwed around on the QB situation.   As I have said before there simply is no political cover for this GM in that scenario.  You have a popular QB, clearly the better QB  based on performance who was allowed to get away over a measly few million.   Mac is new to the job and so he gets a few Mulligans. This would not be a firing offense for him at this point in his tenure.   Nevertheless it would be widely perceived as a big strike against him and a strike that he really does not need to take.

Does he really want to go out of his way to take an unnecessary strike when the real answer at QB between Geno and Fitz is almost certainly "none of the above"?  Does he he want to be the 2nd Jets GM in a row to lose his job in part or in the whole based on how poorly Geno Smith plays the QB position?

The contract offer that he has already made provides some of that cover. Many fans here who strongly prefer Fitz and/or severely hate Geno believe that the 3/$24M deal is extremely fair, and that Fitzpatrick is foolish if he doesn't sign. As long as that deal sits out there, many fans will blame Fitz more than the Jets for the reason he's not on the team. 

Being that the Mo Wilk negotiations were done completely behind closed doors, we really don't know who caved there. Regardless, that deal resulted in a cap savings of over $5M. Caving to Fitzpatrick would almost certainly cost the team precious cap space this year - figuring that the 3/24 has no more than an $8M hit this year, while a one year deal would all hit the cap this year, and the fake two year deal (a la Revis in NE) would leave dead money on the cap next year. All for a rather mediocre QB to play the role of stopgap. 

And this backlash would be the result of Geno really crapping the bed. But if he's plays reasonably well, doing things Ryan Fitzpatrick physically can't do (like throw a pass 30 yards without 4 seconds of hang time), it'll be mostly forgotten. For that, Maccagnan has to turn to Bowles and Gailey to get their honest assessment of where Smith is right now, and act accordingly. 

In the end, I truly believe that Fitz' value to the team is much more as a stopgap this year, mentor/backup to Hackenberg next year. And that they will not cave to a shorter deal because, while some fans may be calling this a win now team, they recognize that they're still very much in transition. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't commenting on his contract dispute with the New York Jets, but one of his BFFs -- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer -- is talking.

Not surprisingly, Palmer said the Jets should pay the man, claiming Fitzpatrick gives them "a legit shot." Presumably, he meant for a championship."I don't know the exact numbers [of the offer], but I know Ryan very well," Palmer said at the American Century Championship in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, where he and Fitzpatrick are golfing in a celebrity tournament that will be televised over the weekend on NBC. "He's a good friend of mine, he's an ex-teammate of mine, and I know what he means to a locker room. I know what he means on the field.

"He's been a great player for them," Palmer continued. "I hope they take care of him the way they should because he means so much to that team. That team wants him there, and they have a legit shot with him at quarterback."The clock is ticking. The Jets report to training camp next Wednesday, and the two sides don't appear close to a deal. Fitzpatrick has said he'd like to return, but he has been sitting on their three-year, $24 million offer for several months. At this point, the impasse likely will extend into training camp.

>      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/61368/carson-palmer-on-the-jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-dispute-pay-the-man

On July 21, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Mike135 said:

People who have such a muscular base, like Fitz, don't really have to work out much.  Strength and endurance are always there.

I mean look at this...

image.JPG

In no way does that look like the typical super skinny anorexic chick from high school trying to throw a football.

We all know that ball traveled at least 20yds at 30mph.

Another weak wobbly lame duck hoping Decker or Marshall bails him out again.......

-- The New York Jets are heading to training camp with their expected starting quarterback still unsigned.

Locked in a contract stalemate that many assumed would have been resolved months ago, Ryan Fitzpatrick is still waiting for a new deal. That also leaves the Jets wondering just who'll be under center when the regular season kicks off.''Until I get to training camp and see what happens,'' a mildly annoyed coach Todd Bowles said during minicamp last month, ''I'm pretty much done talking about it.''

Well, get ready, coach.

Fitzpatrick set a franchise record with 31 touchdown passes and led the Jets to a 10-6 mark and within a win of the playoffs. He also galvanized a locker room shocked by Ikemefuna Enemkpali's punch during camp last summer that broke the jaw of Geno Smith, sending the incumbent starter to the sideline.

Fitzpatrick enjoyed a career year while being reunited with offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and with Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker catching just about everything thrown their way. So it seemed only a formality the veteran quarterback would re-sign with the Jets as a free agent.

Almost seven months later ... still nothing.

If Fitzpatrick comes back, he'll have the starting role. If not, it's Smith's turn again.''I don't think I need to necessarily re-establish myself,'' Smith said, ''rather than to prove it every single day in practice, prove it to my coaches, teammates, whoever's watching.''Smith looked good during offseason workouts and minicamp, appearing to smoothly operate Gailey's offense. But his career totals of 27 touchdowns, 35 interceptions and a 57.9 completion percentage when the games count have created plenty of skepticism whether he can truly lead a franchise.

If Fitzpatrick doesn't come back and Smith struggles early during a tough first half of the schedule, a frustrated fan base could be calling for second-year QB Bryce Petty or even rookie Christian Hackenberg to take over.

rest of above article  : 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fitz-geno-jets-head-camp-uncertainty-qb-183629953--nfl.html

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Another weak wobbly lame duck hoping Decker or Marshall bails him out again.......

Of course you don't tell the whole story. That was the Cleveland game that we won 31-10. And that was his worst pass of the game which was an interception that Marshall took away from the guy. That play won Marshall a lot of fans that day.  Fitz was 15-24-174-2-1. I'll take it!  It was more of a rushing game than a passing game and Ivory had almost 100 yards and 2 Tds. The same Ivory who was on the 2014 Jets. As were a lot of other good O skill position players. 

6 teams in 11 years never made the playoffs no one commits to him leaves a big question mark as to his leadership skills on a team just because he's a Harvard grad a family man means nothing as to being a leader. 

Many want to HATE Geno and post comments in a thread  Is Geno a leader?  Its only fair we dissect Fitzpatrick as a leader. 

Why do you guys want to underpay every Qb. Like it's coming out of your pockets. This isn't the price scale on NFL Qbs. McCown is under contract with the Browns for two more seasons and is due about 10 mil or 5 per season. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-mccown/ If we don't sign Fitz sure he'd be a good Qb to acquire. The thing is why would the Browns want to let him go. At least they they have a Qb budget although a low one. RG3 makes 7.5 and McCown 5 or 12.5 for their first two Qbs. Geno is due to make about 1.5 this year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/geno-smith/. And last year Fitz only made 3.5. So even if Fitz made 12 this year we would have a low budget for roster Qbs, And if he settles for 8-10 it's under what the Browns are paying.

Your absolutely right,I would pay him what the Browns contract was paying him. I would also make it for two years and be happy to offer 10 million over those two years.

This is preferable to paying Fitz 12 million for one year, for a veteran with a stronger arm and who is just a savvy as Fitz.

1 minute ago, fltflo said:

Your absolutely right,I would pay him what the Browns contract was paying him. I would also make it for two years and be happy to offer 10 million over those two years.

This is preferable to paying Fitz 12 million for one year, for a veteran with a stronger arm and who is just a savvy as Fitz.

If they traded for McCown you would have no choice. He's under contract for the next two years. I think he still has about 2.2 left of guaranteed money. 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

6 teams in 11 years never made the playoffs no one commits to him leaves a big question mark as to his leadership skills on a team just because he's a Harvard grad a family man means nothing as to being a leader. 

Many want to HATE Geno and post comments in a thread  Is Geno a leader?  Its only fair we dissect Fitzpatrick as a leader. 

The players think he is what's more important what they think or what fans think??:wacko:

Archived