Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

17 hours ago, Mainejet said:

You're lying to yourself. Face it Geno Smith is a pea brained POS like no other. Fitz is the PROBABLE starter come day 1 and it is well deserved.

@Warfish is this criticism that I'm mistaking for hate? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I'm starting to agree with 90% of Jets fans who think you are absolutely clueless.

Brady has 4 Super Bowl rings and Fitz has never played in a playoff game.

Go shoot Bambi and calm down.

So majority opinion on a poster wins the day TX?  Are you really sure that is what you want to be going with here?

Geno Smith will lead the Jets to a top-3 pick. Ryan Fitzpatrick would not. We also save $12M next year by not bringing in the better player.

Go Geno!

Lead Us!

Suck for Luck! (or some such)

<insert Geno leads with his chin joke here>

<insert Geno will lead the league in interceptions and bonehead plays joke here>

<insert numerous Marshall and Decker quotes about how Fitzpatrick is the leader of the offense here>

<insert Bowles quote about how Fitzpatrick is a leader of this team the starter as soon as he signs>

<insert joke about how Geno had his best year ever last year and is now considered a clipboard leader>

<insert joker about how Geno is a leading candidate to be out of football after this year>

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Geno Smith will lead the Jets to a top-3 pick. Ryan Fitzpatrick would not. We also save $12M next year by not bringing in the better player. Go Geno! Lead Us! Suck for Luck! (or some such)

The fact that Geno will play a much tougher schedule than the 2015 Jets did makes your claim a possibility. The fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick has no loyalty to this team and wants money he doesn't deserve says a lot about the person and the player. Fitzpatrick has done this to 5 other teams before the Jets I'm glad Macc hasnt met his demands maybe he met his match the NY Jets  and his charade is  over. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that Geno will play a much tougher schedule than the 2015 Jets did makes your claim a possibility. The fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick has no loyalty to this team and wants money he doesn't deserve says a lot about the person and the player. Fitzpatrick has done this to 5 other teams before the Jets I'm glad Macc hasnt met his demands maybe he met his match the NY Jets  and his charade is  over. 

Silly wabbit.

Was Mo Wilkerson disloyal because he held on for a better deal? Or Darelle Revis on several occasions?  No, I thought not.

Top-3 pick baby.  Geno will lead us there.

Just think, we get Geno Smith for effectively zero dollars this year which means that he is being paid pretty much precisely what he is worth.

Turn around is indeed fair play.

24 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Come on EM, I just gave the majority of Jets fans a compliment.

Other than rare moments of honesty with a subset of posters here I think that pretty much 100% of your positions with regard to the Jets are positions which you feel will make the Jets a less competitive team against the Pats.

Other than rare moments of honesty with a subset of posters here I think that pretty much 100% of your positions with regard to the Jets are positions which you feel will make the Jets a less competitive team against the Pats.

Damn, that's a long sentence.

I say YES. Fitz is head and shoulders better than any QB the Jets have on the roster and still miles better than that bag of sh*t that Geno is. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a very intelligent guy, but he is NOT stupid. Turning down 12 million this season would be called STUPIDITY. It isn't going to happen.

Damn Maine,

Can you make your points about Geno without calling him names. You don't know this kid personally and you are making rash judgements over one stupid incident. Which I believe none of us know whole story on.

I certainly understand you do not think he is a pro level QB, due to his past performances. I disagree with you for all reasons I and others have stated about the circumstances he was thrown into.

I expect you were and angel at his age and never screwed up or did things you would come to regret. Me, I was pretty much a young punk myself at his age. I was a gentleman but still thought I was all that, and a gift to life itself.

It's amazing how fast one can grow up from your early twenties into your mid-twenties. This is especially true, when you're around much more mature peers.

So why don't you give the kid a break on the personal attacks and just continue to criticize him on his performances.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He actually did not do anything disloyal to five other teams including the Jets. He played out his contract last year and didn't complain. Even though it was a lower backup deal and he started all of our games. Now he's a free agent and doesn't have to sign a contract if he doesn't want to. And the Jets didn't give him one extra penny for outplaying his contract. 

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz is NOT a leader.. He has failed in EVERY big game he has played.. You have to expect MUCH more from a 10 yr+ vet

lol. the guy never won more than 6 games in a season up until 2015, but has failed in every big game he has ever played. kind of contradictory, don't you think?

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Silly wabbit.

Was Mo Wilkerson disloyal because he held on for a better deal? Or Darelle Revis on several occasions?  No, I thought not.

Top-3 pick baby.  Geno will lead us there.

Just think, we get Geno Smith for effectively zero dollars this year which means that he is being paid pretty much precisely what he is worth.

Turn around is indeed fair play.

Mo is a tenured NY Jets player homegrown drafted here unlike Fitz who's been around the NFL a gypsy journeyman who has never won anything in his 11 year career all he does is look for a payday and failing on the field when he's needed the most. 

Did you take notice that he RENTS houses says a lot of him. 

IIs yet to be seen what Geno Smith can do with this team if he gets his chance we can continue this conversation at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Damn Maine,

Can you make your points about Geno without calling him names. You don't know this kid personally and you are making rash judgements over one stupid incident. Which I believe none of us know whole story on.

I certainly understand you do not think he is a pro level QB, due to his past performances. I disagree with you for all reasons I and others have stated about the circumstances he was thrown into.

I expect you were and angel at his age and never screwed up or did things you would come to regret. Me, I was pretty much a young punk myself at his age. I was a gentleman but still thought I was all that, and a gift to life itself.

It's amazing how fast one can grow up from your early twenties into your mid-twenties. This is especially true, when you're around much more mature peers.

So why don't you give the kid a break on the personal attacks and just continue to criticize him on his performances.

No, I cannot. I am also not making rash judgments based on one incident. It is based on several incidents, between how he speaks to the press, to assaulting old men, to getting popped in the jaw for stiffing a guy involved in a charity. This, on top of his already piss poor play, which seems to validate what I believe to be an extremely low IQ. Just watch the guy play.

What reasons are you specifically thinking of? Please list them as we can easily debate the subject. I believe I will win.

Well, personally I am sure you wouldn't believe me, but quite frankly I do not care. I NEVER did anything even remotely as dumb as the stuff Mr. Smith has pulled. Sure, I was a young immature kid when I was his age in my own way. But NEVER did I ever pull any of the nonsense he has pulled. My misdeeds all involved cheating on my girlfriend, and ultimately losing her due to my infidelity.

Geno Smith has ALWAYS had a support system in place. He has always had veteran players that he could go to. I'm sure many a time veterans had conversations with veteran players advising him to change his attitude and shape up his behavior. Why would you even suggest he hasn't? Did he not have guys like Nick Mangold, Brick, Eric Decker, Mo Wilkerson among others to lean on if he had really wanted/needed advice? All you have to do is ask. What about Rex Ryan being there for him when he needed it? Marty Mornhinweg? Regardless, of what you may think about their coaching prowess, they would always made themselves available to him to make sure he doesn't o anything to hurt the organization. Or better yet, Todd Bowles was the HC when he got punched in the face for stiffing as guy over a charity. A CHARITY no less. Which in turn caused intense EMBARRASSMENT for my/your favorite team. He SHOULD have been cut right along with IK at the time of the incident. The ONLY reason why he is still on this team is because of the possible adverse salary cap ramification it would have caused. NOW? He's only on the team because the FO does not know whether they will get their presumptive starter back and if Bryce Petty is ready to take the next step.

What's worse is that these incidents have come one right after the other displaying a pattern of bad behavior over time. You say it's amazing how much someone can grow up from their early twenties to their mid twenties? I tend to agree with that statement, but with Geno he seems to getting more and more immature as time goes on. Or maybe his true colors are coming out through time? Either way, I do not want to find out which one it is.

Alright fltflo, you got it pal. It seems more and more likely as this stalemate between Mac and Fitz goes on that ultimately we COULD be looking at Geno Smith as our starter. You may very well get your wish to be able to evaluate him on his performance. But let me be the first to tell you how this will go. Geno Smith will exacerbate an already bad situation. He will have far more turnovers than touchdowns, he won't throw for any type of yardage number even close what Fitz did just last season in about 15 games. He will NOT develop chemistry with some of the very easiest players to build chemistry with in Marshall, Decker, and Powell among others. And most of all, because he is NOT a leader, he will never elevate the play of the other players in the huddle. He will never have their respect. The decision to start Geno will be the beginning of a tremendous backlash against the front office because the fan base wants/likes Ryan Fitzpatrick. For MOST of the fans, just like myself without being so outspoken about it, they have been down the road of seeing Geno play and quite frankly they feel as though was given multiple chances for which he never improved one iota. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mo is a tenured NY Jets player homegrown drafted here unlike Fitz who's been around the NFL a gypsy journeyman who has never won anything in his 11 year career all he does is look for a payday and failing on the field when he's needed the most. 

Did you take notice that he RENTS houses says a lot of him. 

IIs yet to be seen what Geno Smith can do with this team if he gets his chance we can continue this conversation at the end of the season. 

Maybe Fitz owns a few houses, too. The guy is from Arizona, he might have a house there. It could be where his family is going to live. Looks like not New Jersey. I guess they've made a contingency plan in terms of schools. I would think if he does sign with another team he won't drag the family half way around the country. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Maybe Fitz owns a few houses, too. The guy is from Arizona, he might have a house there. It could be where his family is going to live. Looks like not New Jersey. I guess they've made a contingency plan in terms of schools. I would think if he does sign with another team he won't drag the family half way around the country. 

He could own houses in all 6 states in each of the teams he's been on who knows?  I wish him the best of luck hard pressed to be an gypsy journeyman with a family and kids in schools too bad he never latched onto 1 team. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He could own houses in all 6 states in each of the teams he's been on who knows?  I wish him the best of luck hard pressed to be an gypsy journeyman with a family and kids in schools too bad he never latched onto 1 team. 

That team should be the Jets. You value the playoffs over everything and think an improved season means nothing unless you make the playoffs. Even though it was really based on tiebreakers. But you want to start an unproven Qb over a vet who had great success with the team. And give the guy a tryout even though his stats are league lows. Doesn't seem like a good way to make the playoffs to me. It's a formula for losing. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That team should be the Jets. You value the playoffs over everything and think an improved season means nothing unless you make the playoffs. Even though it was really based on tiebreakers. But you want to start an unproven Qb over a vet who had great success with the team. And give the guy a tryout even though his stats are league lows. Doesn't seem like a good way to make the playoffs to me. It's a formula for losing. 

What has Fitz proven?

18 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

What has Fitz proven?

A lot. Just ask the players who I think know something on the subject. We had our best best offense and winning record in years. They do not think this guy is a bum. And want him back. The only thing that Geno has proven is that he's a bad Qb and a poor leader. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

A vet that has proven time and time again he cant the job done yes i WANT TO START GENO OVER FITZPATRICK

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

A lot. Just ask the players who I think know something on the subject. We had our best best offense and winning record in years. They do not think this guy is a bum. And want him back. The only thing that Geno has proven is that he's a bad Qb and a poor leader. 

Players dont choose the roster players play the game coaches and GMs build the team the NFL is not a popularity contest. 

A lot. Just ask the players who I think know something on the subject. We had our best best offense and winning record in years. 

What good is a winning record if you don't make the playoffs?

Did the Jets get a participation trophy for last year?

In February, despite Fitz' performance in Buffalo, I think everyone would have preferred Fitz over Geno hands down.

But what troubles me most at this point is the fact that I wonder whether Fitz has been working out, throwing to other living people and staying sharp.

All we see is Geno working out and throwing to real NFL receivers.

So despite Fitz' positives, at this point I am wondering if he is worth the $12mm.  If he gets hurt because he did not train, or is otherwise not better than Geno because he let himself go, that is a problem.  The target is a moving one.  We are not talking about Geno and Fitz last January-we are talking about the state of Geno and Fitz in July 2016.

If Fitz has not been working out and throwing, I would withdraw the offer right now and go with what we have.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:28 PM, joewilly12 said:

6 teams in 11 years never made the playoffs no one commits to him leaves a big question mark as to his leadership skills on a team just because he's a Harvard grad a family man means nothing as to being a leader. 

Many want to HATE Geno and post comments in a thread  Is Geno a leader?  Its only fair we dissect Fitzpatrick as a leader. 

Best leader at the QB position we have had since Joe Willie. Not even debatable

It's very simple. No one asked if these guys were good leaders, only if they were in fact leaders. The definition is self evident. In order to be a leader people must follow you. You don't have to be good bad or indifferent. If people naturally look to you for direction. If they listen to what you say without being coerced then you're a leader. If they don't you're not. Fitz with crowds of people around him is obviously a leader, and Geno sitting by himself is not. They might call Fitz and ask him if they should listen to Geno. It in itself does not mean one is a better player than the other. If no one listens to you it makes no difference how good you are. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

What good is a winning record if you don't make the playoffs?

Did the Jets get a participation trophy for last year?

It's what you call a precursor. Most teams don't just jump from a 4-12 to a Super Bowl. We took giant steps in 2015. It was a revitalized offense with a good D. We could have actually made the playoffs. A 9 win team got in as well as 2 other 10 W teams. We should have a better team except at NT where losing Snacks is a key factor. If we don't sign Fitz all it does is to throw a wrench into our offense. It's 3 steps backwards. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Players dont choose the roster players play the game coaches and GMs build the team the NFL is not a popularity contest. 

No, they listen to the players esp star receivers esp when it comes to a Qb. They want somebody who his teammates feel confident in and like to work with. Who understands the offense and knows how to efficiently run it. Fitz proved it last year and Geno didn't. Of course in a contract dispute the FO and the owner make the decisions. And players always want other players to make more money. But how the locker room works is important. 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is true. We haven't hit on a single QB since the 60's...that's sad.

No superstars but Ken O'Brien and Chad were both good Qbs. We've had good years from other guys like Vinny and Fitz and some satisfactory guys, too. You can win with those players if you have a good team. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

No superstars but Ken O'Brien and Chad were both good Qbs. We've had good years from other guys like Vinny and Fitz and some satisfactory guys, too. You can win with those players if you have a good team. 

Obviously we havent the  QB stirs the drink. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

But no one who stuck to the roster for a decade like the Rivers, Big Bens, Rodgers and Brady's of the league. That's really what I was pointing out. It's even worse for teams like the Browns who haven't even had those spurts of decent QB play through out the years.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He scammed the Bills. Don't feel bad for him. Plenty other better QBs have made far less $. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

All but one of those QB's have seen the playoffs as a Jets quarterback. The Jets proved that they could win with all but one of those players when putting talent around them. 

Archived