Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

But no one who stuck to the roster for a decade like the Rivers, Big Bens, Rodgers and Brady's of the league. That's really what I was pointing out. It's even worse for teams like the Browns who haven't even had those spurts of decent QB play through out the years.

Browns had a good run with Derek Anderson n he cashed in just like Fitz did a few years ago. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

All but one of those QB's have seen the playoffs as a Jets quarterback. The Jets proved that they could win with all but one of those players when putting talent around them. 

The guy was here for one season only. And scored a plus six in his first year. Geno was starter two years and no playoffs or even remotely close to the playoffs. I build on that I don't toss that out. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy was here for one season only. And scored a plus six in his first year. Geno was starter two years and no playoffs or even remotely close to the playoffs. I build on that I don't toss that out. 

The 1 season he was here we had the easiest schedule in years and only beat 2 teams with winning records dont leave out the facts. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno wasnt even part of this conversation. Comments like this further concludes that this is more about not liking Geno Smith. Geno wasnt even 1 of the 4 QB's mentioned, yet to justify Fitz failure you have to compare his situation to his in order to make Fitz look like he should be mentioned along the names of Chad Penny, Kenny O and Vinny T. You're reaching for the heavens at this point bro. 

Besides the fact that Geno didnt have talent around him (something else that I said in my statement) Ken O'Brien, Chad Pennington and Vinny Testaverde all had talent around them and made the playoffs, won playoff games and actually made it to the AFCCG. sh*t, we could include Mark Sanchez in this debate as well. 

Fitz had arguably the best talent I've ever seen the Jets field and couldnt make the playoffs. Furthermore, Everyone of those QB's talked about were all more talented than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Do I even have to mention the easiest schedule we've ever seen and what FItz did with it? 

Taking shots at Geno when Geno isnt even part of the topic shows alot.

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Do I even have to mention the easiest schedule we've ever seen and what FItz did with it? 

Taking shots at Geno when Geno isnt even part of the topic shows alot.

No but i have repeatedly and the Geno haters ignore facts.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

No, they listen to the players esp star receivers esp when it comes to a Qb. They want somebody who his teammates feel confident in and like to work with. Who understands the offense and knows how to efficiently run it. Fitz proved it last year and Geno didn't. Of course in a contract dispute the FO and the owner make the decisions. And players always want other players to make more money. But how the locker room works is important. 

And your assuming the locker room works better with Fitz than Geno because your reading or listening to quotes from 3 or 4 players who vocally support Fitz, one of which (Marshalll)  has vocally supported Geno as well. Bottom line your relying on the media to base your assertion that the locker room is happier with Fitz than Geno . None of us here know what the true locker room dynamic is when it comes to Fitz vs Geno. If the reporters were writing that players were behind Geno the Fitz supporters would be calling out those reportes as diingenious.  I believe the notion that the players are fully behind Fitz and don't support Geno is pure folly and has no bearing on who will start and how successful this team will be in 2016. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

According to you and your friends we beat 10 of them. And our record doesn't count. We were 10-6*. 

I never said any team was a JV team we had an easy schedule and only beat 2 teams with winning records 

Please dont put words in my mouth you have a hard enough time with your own words 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

When 9 of 22 starters are not playing, what do you call it?

I would ban you for your behavior the last 2 days, but then again its so awesome to see you melt down.  You amuse me.  Like as in ha-ha funny.  I just hope when you finally let go I am here to see it

I would ban you for your behavior the last 2 days, but then again its so awesome to see you melt down.  You amuse me.  Like as in ha-ha funny.  I just hope when you finally let go I am here to see it

Yep, if you were a mod, you could ban me anytime you want.

But you aren't.

Max does a great job selecting his mods (Crusher withstanding), you wouldn't be able to cut the mustard.

If Fitz isn't signed by the start of training camp (this week), the offer on the table should be pulled. It's not jut unfair to Geno, it's unfair to the rest of the team putting in the time and building chemistry.  I would rather see Fitz play than Geno, but he may surprise us with what he learned and gained sitting out last year and having a full off season growing into the system.  Besides, we could then use the cap savings to pick up another body or two if there are injuries during camp or the year.  

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yep, if you were a mod, you could ban me anytime you want.

But you aren't.

Max does a great job selecting his mods (Crusher withstanding), you wouldn't be able to cut the mustard.

Max sucks at picking his trolls.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

That's not a compromise. That is the FO caving in.

A compromise would be a 2 year deal for $18M if he starts 1 year and $24M if he starts 2 years. 

Also I'm against this compromise...and at least so far, so is the team's FO. 

If the FO doesn't compromise, this season will go down the toilet.

A contract negotiation isn't supposed to be an MMA event. Where you have to be the tough guy and crush the opponent. And a six month take it or leave it doesn't exactly sound smart if you want to have relationship with a player. I assume the org wants to be on friendly terms with their starting Qb. All deals have compromise. On both sides. Anything other than that is just pure stupid. And that's why I believe Woody Johnson is behind all of this. 

28 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

If the FO doesn't compromise, this season will go down the toilet.

What's to compromise?  They made an extremely reasonable offer.  He's not getting the dumbass contract Bradford got

We will just as many if not more games with Geno starting.  Fitz is better but not nearly as by much as you people think

22 hours ago, ylekram said:

lol. the guy never won more than 6 games in a season up until 2015, but has failed in every big game he has ever played. kind of contradictory, don't you think?

I'm sure a little fitzfan boy like you would know his career better. Yes, many of those teams had "must wins " to keep their season alive.. Fitz just made sure to end all hopes early in the season for the other teams. At least he kept the suspense going for the jets to the end..  Fitz helped us beat some crappy teams last yr before he folded in the BIG must win game in buffalo.. 

12 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

What's to compromise?  They made an extremely reasonable offer.  He's not getting the dumbass contract Bradford got

We will just as many if not more games with Geno starting.  Fitz is better but not nearly as by much as you people think

If both sides can't agree for six months than maybe it's not reasonable. And Fitz offered a compromise on a one year deal. So maybe they can work off of that. The Jets reportedly not willing to change one comma on their offer. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If both sides can't agree for six months than maybe it's not reasonable. And Fitz offered a compromise on a one year deal. So maybe they can work off of that. The Jets reportedly not willing to change one comma on their offer. 

there was no market for Fitz, it makes no sense for the Jets to give in to his demands in any way.  a fair offer is on the table, he can accept or watch his starting NFL career end.  it's up to him.

Just now, nyjunc said:

there was no market for Fitz, it makes no sense for the Jets to give in to his demands in any way.  a fair offer is on the table, he can accept or watch his starting NFL career end.  it's up to him.

If the player won't accept it and they want him back then it makes sense to adjust the contract. Which doesn't mean more money. He offered to play for 1-12 which means he could lose 12 mil and 3 in guarantees. Why can't the Jets counter with an offer he could accept. As for no market we'll see. Free agency isn't over yet. And again there are no starting jobs this year. All of those guys are under contract. He could sign a backup one year deal or wait to see if there are injuries. And there will be. 

36 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

A contract negotiation isn't supposed to be an MMA event. Where you have to be the tough guy and crush the opponent. And a six month take it or leave it doesn't exactly sound smart if you want to have relationship with a player. I assume the org wants to be on friendly terms with their starting Qb. All deals have compromise. On both sides. Anything other than that is just pure stupid. And that's why I believe Woody Johnson is behind all of this. 

The amount of compromise in any negotiation is inversely proportional to how much leverage each side has. In this instance, the Jets have all the leverage, so Fitz has to do all the compromising. He's lucky the Jets left that deal on the table for as long as they did, but if these reports of giving Geno a chance to prove himself are true, Fitz may've already screwed himself. 

52 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm sure a little fitzfan boy like you would know his career better. Yes, many of those teams had "must wins " to keep their season alive.. Fitz just made sure to end all hopes early in the season for the other teams. At least he kept the suspense going for the jets to the end..  Fitz helped us beat some crappy teams last yr before he folded in the BIG must win game in buffalo.. 

But he won 10 games we were happy we cheered who cares about the playoffs I want happy times I dont mind watching other teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl year after year as long as I was happy during the regular season.  

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))SARCASM ALERT(((((((((((((((((((((((((

we can criticize Fitz for his past teams or his big game performance for us but he was absolutely a leader for this team.  His teammates loved him, the coaches loved him, everyone connected w/ the team loved him.  

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Yes we all know fitz has problems with tough competition, on the field and in contract negotiations :lol:

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Yes we all know fitz has problems with tough competition, on the field and in contract negotiations :lol:

Look, the guy is not unwilling to sign a market contract. He did with the Texans and outplayed it by a mile. Maybe him and his agent have some understanding of the market that's obviously something many of our posters don't know anything about. The look at Sportstrac all day and think they're experts. And root against the guy in his contract negotiations like it's a gameday. Go FO, don't cave in! 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, the guy is not unwilling to sign a market contract. He did with the Texans and outplayed it by a mile. Maybe him and his agent have some understanding of the market that's obviously something many of our posters don't know anything about. The look at Sportstrac all day and think they're experts. And root against the guy in his contract negotiations like it's a gameday. Go FO, don't cave in! 

Some people root for the team, some people root for the player. whatever makes you happy I guess

Archived