Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

If this constitutes getting "a QB" then we could have had him three years ago.  This guy has been starting for the Texans and Titans and that didn't keep them from trying to get a new QB every damn year.  This is a guy that teams have elected to dump in favor of Charlie Whitehurst, and Ryan Mallet.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a big bump, but he needs us as much as we need him.  Lock yourself into some crazy number over $40M for the next three and not only will you have big trouble keeping Wilkerson, but you have a good chance of being hamstrung when it is time to get a true franchise QB. 

Teams that bring in a QB expect him to learn a new system in training camp then lead them to the playoffs are idiots. If you bring in a guy you give him the time to succeed. Fitz came out good here for the Jets because he's familiar with Gaileys system and the players here didn't quit like they did in Houston. Tenn and Houston lost because they sucked and Houston gave up they didn't play well and Fitz got the boot in no way shape or form did Whitehurts or Mallet beat out Fitz nor were either one of them considered better they were younger and that's the only reason they hung on. Fitz still threw 17 TD's to only 8 ints. No way you can make the point you're trying to make here in regards to Fitz losing his job to those scrubs so he can't possibly get a higher contract. He will get his contract based on what hes doing here. This is no farce and if the Jets are smart they add to the talent around him and make an even bigger run next year and for years to come.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.  It's a fair deal if you think that Fitz is equal to Smith and you don't think that Smith is grossly overpaid. 

I can see the team going as high as $10-12M, but I will be flaming pissed if they go over that.  Personally, I think even that is too much.  Fitzpatrick has been getting in the $3-4M range since the Bills cut him.  He has been on the open market and signed deals and I am not in favor of quadrupling them because we put him in a position to succeed. He is not that good and he is not that durable.  If the team were going to look at giving him that much they should have locked him up for 2-3 years at $5-6M during the season.  I tend to think this is a bunch of press and posturing and that he will sign for something like 3 years at $8M per and everybody will feel like they got a decent deal. 

You guys want to pay the ultimate journeyman, but lowball Wilkerson? 

I think most on the board here would take Fitz over Alex Smith...given that and the QB shortage, this was the right year for him to strike gold. 

If this constitutes getting "a QB" then we could have had him three years ago.  This guy has been starting for the Texans and Titans and that didn't keep them from trying to get a new QB every damn year.  This is a guy that teams have elected to dump in favor of Charlie Whitehurst, and Ryan Mallet.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a big bump, but he needs us as much as we need him.  Lock yourself into some crazy number over $40M for the next three and not only will you have big trouble keeping Wilkerson, but you have a good chance of being hamstrung when it is time to get a true franchise QB. 

A true franchise QB comes from the draft.  Paying Fitz does nothing to hamstring that.  You guys make this out like we have options.  We have none.  It's Fitz or the draft, or we can be stupid like HOU and let him go and play Geno next year.  I'm sure HOU was thrilled with their decision to go with Hoyer and Mallett. 

I typed a bunch of stuff here and actually started by stating that I have probably been posting in this thread too much, but there is some funny sh*t in here. Smash, Charlie Whitehurst is older than Fitzpatrick. He was a tiny bit cheaper. We don't have a choice? Paying Fitz doesn't hamstring getting a true franchise QB, because that comes from the draft? Who are the franchise guys these days? Some of the top guys over the past few years were not acquired in the draft. Brees, Palmer, Favre, Peyton. You need to have money or at least be able to access money to get one. I understand that Fitzpatrick is going to get paid, but I don't see how giving him a ton of money when most of what he does is chuck it up to Marshall is the smart play. I'm sure that the Texans are kicking themselves for winning their ******* division without paying Fitzpatrick $12M per.

I typed a bunch of stuff here and actually started by stating that I have probably been posting in this thread too much, but there is some funny sh*t in here. Smash, Charlie Whitehurst is older than Fitzpatrick. He was a tiny bit cheaper. We don't have a choice? Paying Fitz doesn't hamstring getting a true franchise QB, because that comes from the draft? Who are the franchise guys these days? Some of the top guys over the past few years were not acquired in the draft. Brees, Palmer, Favre, Peyton. You need to have money or at least be able to access money to get one. I understand that Fitzpatrick is going to get paid, but I don't see how giving him a ton of money when most of what he does is chuck it up to Marshall is the smart play. I'm sure that the Texans are kicking themselves for winning their ******* division without paying Fitzpatrick $12M per.

It took Luck getting blown up for that to happen though

I keep reading Fitz is a journeyman and from the outside looking in before this season he was a journeyman who simply played on some bad football teams.  Now he's on a team that has some talent with a system that he knows and suits him well. He's going to throw 30+ TD's and he has thrown 13 TD's with 1 Int. the last 5 games that were for all intents and purposes playoff games, every single one of them, and we have another playoff game this Sunday. Right now Fitz is no journeyman he's the QB of the NY Jets and he's going to be our QB for the next 3-4 years if we keep adding talent to an offense that works very well.

CLAP!!!  CLAP!!!! CLAP!!!!!!!!  Amen brother!

It's funny you list them, because basically every one of those guys listed had major questions coming to the team they ended up with, and in the case of Favre and Manning can we really call them "franchise" QB's for their respective late career teams?  Brees had loads of questions, MIA turn down signing him due to those questions.  You rarely, rarely find a true franchise QB in FA or trades unless you get damn lucky.  In fact you ould compare the way we got Fitz to all of those situations.  True franchise QB's get drafted, and even then the likelihood is slim.  You will whiff far more times than you connect. 

And most of what he does is chuck it up to Marshall!?!?  First of all that's so not true and I'm sure if you have any sense you know that.  Second of all, welcome to having a beast at WR.  What do you think Matt Ryan does?  Eli?  <insert HOU QB name here>, Roethlisberger?  FFS you make it out that because he utilizes the talent he has on the team it's some kind of detriment against him.  I  mean sh*t, Joe Montana kept throwing the ball to Jerry Rice, shame on him.  And dude, if you don't think the Texans are not killing themselves for letting Fitz go you're nuts.  Absolutely nuts.  Come on man.

Fitz has had a great year, no doubt about it. I want him back and let Petty and whomever else we get compete for the backup role for a year or two.  But when determining the contract you have to take a few things into consideration, and one of them is Fitz health history.  The other is that this is by far Fitz's best year and flew under the radar of a lot of teams - what is the likelihood that he plays this well or better next year?

On the other hand, Fitz has been a journey man.  One of the reasons he is having such a great year is that the jets offense surrounding him is quite good; they also have a good defense to keep the pressure off and he also thrives in Chan's offense.

Therefore both parties have plenty of reason to work out a deal and realize this is possibly the best fit for both; Jet's won't do better elsewhere and Fitz likely won't either. I am hoping for a fair deal - not sure what it is.  Hopefully 3-4 years where he is 'cuttable' in the 4th year.

Unfortunately, I think Mo is a lost cause at this point; his play this year is only solidifying that.

Okay.  Explain to me how you are adding that offensive talent when you sign on for 4/$48M.

Ohhhh ok.  I see, so teams with franchise QB's can't sign other players.  We have Decker, we have Brandon, we drafted Smith, Enunwa and Thompkins have been very serviceable so far.  You can find RB's in the draft, you can find OL talent in the draft.  You can sign a Lineman ala Carpenter. 

It's funny you list them, because basically every one of those guys listed had major questions coming to the team they ended up with, and in the case of Favre and Manning can we really call them "franchise" QB's for their respective late career teams?  Brees had loads of questions, MIA turn down signing him due to those questions.  You rarely, rarely find a true franchise QB in FA or trades unless you get damn lucky.  In fact you ould compare the way we got Fitz to all of those situations.  True franchise QB's get drafted, and even then the likelihood is slim.  You will whiff far more times than you connect. 

And most of what he does is chuck it up to Marshall!?!?  First of all that's so not true and I'm sure if you have any sense you know that.  Second of all, welcome to having a beast at WR.  What do you think Matt Ryan does?  Eli?  <insert HOU QB name here>, Roethlisberger?  FFS you make it out that because he utilizes the talent he has on the team it's some kind of detriment against him.  I  mean sh*t, Joe Montana kept throwing the ball to Jerry Rice, shame on him.  And dude, if you don't think the Texans are not killing themselves for letting Fitz go you're nuts.  Absolutely nuts.  Come on man.

No.  I make it out that I don't want to pay a guy so much to chuck it up to a beast at WR that I can't afford to have a beast at WR.  You guys are advocating shrinking our window.  We've done that before.  Fitzpatrick has also been in the same situation before and it did not turn out well.  I have no problem paying him, I just think anybody automatically conceding over $10M per for the guy is batsh*t crazy, especially over more than 2 years.  He may end up being worth that, but you had better search long and hard before shelling out that money.  If you think I am crazy, what is a guy that thinks we have no option than to drop 10% of our salary cap on a guy that 5 teams gave up on? 

Won't you have to weaken the D to add weapons on offense and pay Fitzpatrick?  I assume we have to keep our high priced offensive line together too, or we are setting the conquering hero up to fail? Let Wilk walk, cut Cromartie.  Do you know how many games the Jets have won this season when their opponent has scored more than 20 points?  Look at Seattle and Baltimore.  Those teams ran into problems tying up so much money on their QBs and their guys are younger and better.

I am all for bringing Fitzpatrick back.  I just think you have to think long and hard before paying that kind of change.  Last week when we were talking $6-8M I was all in.  Now that you guys are slinging around $12M+?  I'm thinking long and hard.  It's no slam dunk.

No.  I make it out that I don't want to pay a guy so much to chuck it up to a beast at WR that I can't afford to have a beast at WR.  You guys are advocating shrinking our window.  We've done that before.  Fitzpatrick has also been in the same situation before and it did not turn out well.  I have no problem paying him, I just think anybody automatically conceding over $10M per for the guy is batsh*t crazy, especially over more than 2 years.  He may end up being worth that, but you had better search long and hard before shelling out that money.  If you think I am crazy, what is a guy that thinks we have no option than to drop 10% of our salary cap on a guy that 5 teams gave up on? 

Won't you have to weaken the D to add weapons on offense and pay Fitzpatrick?  I assume we have to keep our high priced offensive line together too, or we are setting the conquering hero up to fail? Let Wilk walk, cut Cromartie.  Do you know how many games the Jets have won this season when their opponent has scored more than 20 points?  Look at Seattle and Baltimore.  Those teams ran into problems tying up so much money on their QBs and their guys are younger and better.

I am all for bringing Fitzpatrick back.  I just think you have to think long and hard before paying that kind of change.  Last week when we were talking $6-8M I was all in.  Now that you guys are slinging around $12M+?  I'm thinking long and hard.  It's no slam dunk.

the sam bradford contract will also be a barometer, to be honest i believe Fitzy is better than sammie

the sam bradford contract will also be a barometer, to be honest i believe Fitzy is better than sammie

It will be interesting to see what Bradford gets. Someone is always willing to take a chance on a former top pick to see if it was just terrible coaching or circumstances beforehand, or if things suddenly start to click. Bradford is far more talented, but then so is Sanchez, or even Geno for that matter. It takes more than that, and a lot of what Fitzpatrick offers is in the leadership area (something our prior recent QBs were sorely lacking, to say the least). 

So what is your scenario?  Fitz wants 3 years 11m and we just let him walk and that would make you happy?  So what's your contingency plan, because fact of the matter is finding a guy who plays as well as Fitz just did this year off the street is pretty much impossible.  Mo Wilkerson doesn't win nearly as many games for us as a QB who throws 30 TD's.

So what is your scenario?  Fitz wants 3 years 11m and we just let him walk and that would make you happy?  So what's your contingency plan, because fact of the matter is finding a guy who plays as well as Fitz just did this year off the street is pretty much impossible.  Mo Wilkerson doesn't win nearly as many games for us as a QB who throws 30 TD's.

^^^^  This!

^^^^  This!

Not only that.  The depreciation from Mo rotating with Sheldon/Williams/Snacks to having Sheldon/Williams/Snacks playing full time...while getting pretty darn good compensation for Mo, vs losing Fitz to keep Mo rotating with Sheldon/Williams/Snacks, while getting no compensation for Fitz AND having the depreciation from Fitz to some unknown quotient, where at the moment it would be Geno. 

Whether  the ballpark is 8 mil, 10 mil, 12 mil, or 14 mil per year Fitzy will come in on the team friendly side to remain with the NYJ

there is too much "right" about this year for both him & the team for either to not find a legit middle ground for the next 2-3 years.

i am ecstatic we have Big Mac in charge of working that out in the off-season :-)

You know better than to say he's just chucking it up to Marshall. He's made some great runs and he's thrown some really nice passes in very clutch situations and he's done it all year long. If not for a few drops and stupid fumbles and laterals this team is winning this division . I didn't realize Whitehurst was so old I was referring more to Mallet either way they are not in the same league with Fitz. I think 10-12 is a good number since the elite class (some of which Fitz has outperformed) is in the 20 - 25 range. If Fitz puts together 4 more seasons of 30+ TD's with minimal turnovers would 10-12 mil not be a bargain ? I mean geez everyone here wants an elite QB and when and if we ever get one you know at some point he's going to demand 20-25 + If he truly is in the elite category and we have people complaining about 12 mil for a QB who is having an elite type season.

Very good post ... I think Dom is saying things he probably knows he should not say to help his cause of not paying Fitz too much money and he hinted at it earlier. I don't think he means a damn bit of it. :)

who is going to pay him 3 years 11mm each?

who is going to pay him 3 years 11mm each?

I'm just saying if that's the scenario that plays out.  Dom said he'd be pissed if we pay him more than 10m a year.  It may come to that.  The NFL is starved for QB's.  So much so that Sam Bradford is going to get some serious looks.  So will Fitz if it gets to that point.  I think we'll get a hometown discount for sure, but he's gonna get paid close to what his performance dictates. 

You know better than to say he's just chucking it up to Marshall. He's made some great runs and he's thrown some really nice passes in very clutch situations and he's done it all year long. If not for a few drops and stupid fumbles and laterals this team is winning this division . I didn't realize Whitehurst was so old I was referring more to Mallet either way they are not in the same league with Fitz. I think 10-12 is a good number since the elite class (some of which Fitz has outperformed) is in the 20 - 25 range. If Fitz puts together 4 more seasons of 30+ TD's with minimal turnovers would 10-12 mil not be a bargain ? I mean geez everyone here wants an elite QB and when and if we ever get one you know at some point he's going to demand 20-25 + If he truly is in the elite category and we have people complaining about 12 mil for a QB who is having an elite type season.

Very good post ... I think Dom is saying things he probably knows he should not say to help his cause of not paying Fitz too much money and he hinted at it earlier. I don't think he means a damn bit of it. :)

I am saying what I think.  I like Fitzpatrick.  I'd like to have him back.  I do not think we should pay him more than he is worth.  He is having a career year. Paying him for four years of production at that level is a recipe for disaster.  This guy has had over 100 starts.  He is not this unknown quantity that is putting it together.  The price we discussed last week was $6-8M.  You want to double that?  I don't think it is a bargain.

Does he "just chuck it up to Marshall?"  No, but that is the main difference between this year and his past seasons.  He has a security blanket, and a great running game, and a great defense.  To borrow from Reggie, he is not the straw stirring this drink.  If we are going to discuss paying this guy $16M per, we might as well go after Brees.

I thought he was a no brainer to re-up at $6-8M per.  Once you get up over $10M per you had better explore all options.  Very few QBs make $5M>$12M.  It seems obvious that Fitzpatrick belongs in that area.  The question is where?

Okay.  Explain to me how you are adding that offensive talent when you sign on for 4/$48M.

When you have an offense that works and the system works its much easier to add talent at bargain prices. The Colts and Patriots have been doing it for years and its why guys like Edleman develop into what Welker developed into. I'm sure there are some decent Burner type WR's out there to be had on the cheap its why we have to hope we finally got the right GM in here to make those kind's of moves. You think the Cardinals can keep all those WR's ? Possible trade bait for a guy like Brown or that other young burner they got ? Its not all about paying Wilk or Fitz maybe we have some players the Cards could use in trade for one of those young burners. When it comes to signing a dynamic RB that's going to have to happen in this years draft we've seen a bunch of them emerge this year  no reason we can't get one of our own to take even more pressure off Fitz. I mean when was the last time the Jets spent an early pick on a RB ? Its time don't you think ? 

Honestly Dom I'm just blurting out some scenarios above to make the point but what Im really trying to say is a good GM can make some of those scenarios happen so we will just have to see.

Everything is doable ....Geno will be gone , Cro Will be gone, Brick will be asked to restructure, Pace will be gone, and its very likely other players will be shown the door as well due to our poor ST play which is made up primarily of backups, and I will tell ya I would much rather pay Fitz 12 mil than pay Cro 8 mil any freakin day of the week.

When you have an offense that works and the system works its much easier to add talent at bargain prices. The Colts and Patriots have been doing it for years and its why guys like Edleman develop into what Welker developed into. I'm sure there are some decent Burner type WR's out there to be had on the cheap its why we have to hope we finally got the right GM in here to make those kind's of moves. You think the Cardinals can keep all those WR's ? Possible trade bait for a guy like Brown or that other young burner they got ? Its not all about paying Wilk or Fitz maybe we have some players the Cards could use in trade for one of those young burners. When it comes to signing a dynamic RB that's going to have to happen in this years draft we've seen a bunch of them emerge this year  no reason we can't get one of our own to take even more pressure off Fitz. I mean when was the last time the Jets spent an early pick on a RB ? Its time don't you think ? 

Honestly Dom I'm just blurting out some scenarios above to make the point but what Im really trying to say is a good GM can make some of those scenarios happen so we will just have to see.

Everything is doable ....Geno will be gone , Cro Will be gone, Brick will be asked to restructure, Pace will be gone, and its very likely other players will be shown the door as well due to our poor ST play which is made up primarily of backups, and I will tell ya I would much rather pay Fitz 12 mil than pay Cro 8 mil any freakin day of the week.

Geno leaving will cost us money, not save it.  Backup QBs (like Fitzpatrick) cost upwards of $3M.  The Jets are at $135M for 2016 right now.  That is with no Fitzpatrick on the books, no Wilkerson, no RBs (NONE), no Snacks, no ILB next to Harris other than Taiwan Jones,   Pace is a FA.  Replacing him is another expense, not a savings.  The cap will go up and they will probably save $8M on Cro.  I still don't think it will be easy to improve this team while wedging a hit of $12M for Fitzpatrick in there.

Bradford sucks.  Such an overrated player

Honestly I think both Bradford and Murray were not good fits for Kellys system . Both the Rams and the Eagles would have been much better off not making the trade at all. That and the fact McCoy was a better fit for the Eagles and Murray was a better fit for the Cowboys just leaves you shaking your head at all these idiots . McCoy would have been a nice fit anywhere but Kelly for some reason did not like him. Go Figure

Geno leaving will cost us money, not save it.  Backup QBs (like Fitzpatrick) cost upwards of $3M.  The Jets are at $135M for 2016 right now.  That is with no Fitzpatrick on the books, no Wilkerson, no RBs (NONE), no Snacks, no ILB next to Harris other than Taiwan Jones,   Pace is a FA.  Replacing him is another expense, not a savings.  The cap will go up and they will probably save $8M on Cro.  I still don't think it will be easy to improve this team while wedging a hit of $12M for Fitzpatrick in there.

This is why you hire a competent GM that can get creative ... Im no cap guy obviously but our GM for once, has to be, so maybe it all works out better than we both think

I'm just saying if that's the scenario that plays out.  Dom said he'd be pissed if we pay him more than 10m a year.  It may come to that.  The NFL is starved for QB's.  So much so that Sam Bradford is going to get some serious looks.  So will Fitz if it gets to that point.  I think we'll get a hometown discount for sure, but he's gonna get paid close to what his performance dictates. 

I will pissed if they agree to that without exploring all options.  It may come to giving him more than $10M per.  If it does, they had better have an out and make sure there are no better options because his 30 TDs are also a function of this team.  He should get what his performance dictates, but we have much more than one year of data.  I don't think you throw the rest of his career away when deciding what to pay him.

Look, here's my unsolicited honest opinion of what to do with Fitz.  You pay the man, with a fair chunk relative to what a 33/34 year old QB who had his first real season of solid football.  I think you give him 3 years with base salary/signing bonus hitting somewhere around 6-7m per year.  On top of that you add incentive bonuses that can accelerate up to around 15m a season if he hits certain numbers even greater than this season.  For example if he hits 35 TD's and 4500 yards, then he's gonna get that money.  You want something that gives results based on the play for both sides.  In the meantime you keep drafting QB's.  Geno should be done.  Whether it costs something or not, he's a QB that is just toxic at this point and takes up a roster spot for a draft pick QB.  Look, if Fitz is hitting the accelerators that net him a 15m season, then I don't think anyone is upset paying him that type of money.  I'm just hypothesizing, but let's say he starts all 16 games (or rather misses no games due to injury or performance in the case he sits because we've clinched 1st seed in week 15 for example), pay him a million dollar bonus.  We make the playoffs, another million.  He hits 4000 yards, $500k.  30tds, 500k.  4500 yards, another 500k.  35TD's 500k.  Win the AFC champ, 1m.  Win the SB, 1m.  I think that's more than fair for both sides, and though obviously my scenarios aren't perfect, I think it's a solid structure to get the guy his money while also making his pay relative to results for the team. 

Look, here's my unsolicited honest opinion of what to do with Fitz.  You pay the man, with a fair chunk relative to what a 33/34 year old QB who had his first real season of solid football.  I think you give him 3 years with base salary/signing bonus hitting somewhere around 6-7m per year.  On top of that you add incentive bonuses that can accelerate up to around 15m a season if he hits certain numbers even greater than this season.  For example if he hits 35 TD's and 4500 yards, then he's gonna get that money.  You want something that gives results based on the play for both sides.  In the meantime you keep drafting QB's.  Geno should be done.  Whether it costs something or not, he's a QB that is just toxic at this point and takes up a roster spot for a draft pick QB.  Look, if Fitz is hitting the accelerators that net him a 15m season, then I don't think anyone is upset paying him that type of money.  I'm just hypothesizing, but let's say he starts all 16 games (or rather misses no games due to injury or performance in the case he sits because we've clinched 1st seed in week 15 for example), pay him a million dollar bonus.  We make the playoffs, another million.  He hits 4000 yards, $500k.  30tds, 500k.  4500 yards, another 500k.  35TD's 500k.  Win the AFC champ, 1m.  Win the SB, 1m.  I think that's more than fair for both sides, and though obviously my scenarios aren't perfect, I think it's a solid structure to get the guy his money while also making his pay relative to results for the team. 

Makes sense.  I'm not sure it is possible.  I'm not sure, but the way they structure bonuses now I think there is the whole likely to be reached/not likely to be reached thing and you may still have to leave room on the cap for the incentives.  If it weren't for the cap I would be happy to give him anything.  I think the players generally get screwed. 

Also, I have no stake in the Geno thing, but if he were toxic why would he still be around?  He may be a lightning rod and punchline around here, but that lockerroom seems to be doing fine with him

how many teams are out there that are going to pay big bucks for a journeyman QB - who has bounced around the league and finally did okay with 2 very good WR and RB.  who has trouble throwing the long ball and isn't young and injury prone.

Maybe he finds a team that will pay him 12mm a year and he'll get cut after a year like the last 4 places he went - and then make 3mm as a backup.

Best for him to stay here for 10mm a year and stay where he is doing well and can be the starter for a couple of years.

how many teams are out there that are going to pay big bucks for a journeyman QB - who has bounced around the league and finally did okay with 2 very good WR and RB.  who has trouble throwing the long ball and isn't young and injury prone.

Maybe he finds a team that will pay him 12mm a year and he'll get cut after a year like the last 4 places he went - and then make 3mm as a backup.

Best for him to stay here for 10mm a year and stay where he is doing well and can be the starter for a couple of years.

What's best for him and what the league might pay him are two different things.  There's always one or 2 desperate teams that may try to swoop in thinking he's finally found his stride.  He's ultimately got make the decision, and yes I agree I think he's going to think real hard before leaving the situation he's in right now.  With the exception of a very stubborn handful, he's won the adoration of fans here and he has one heck of a supporting cast here. 

What's best for him and what the league might pay him are two different things.  There's always one or 2 desperate teams that may try to swoop in thinking he's finally found his stride.  He's ultimately got make the decision, and yes I agree I think he's going to think real hard before leaving the situation he's in right now.  With the exception of a very stubborn handful, he's won the adoration of fans here and he has one heck of a supporting cast here. 

if the Jets make the playoffs i could see 1-2 teams sniffing around but not at the levels discussed earlier in the thread (alex smith).  i think smith has performed better the past few years.

It will be interesting to see what Bradford gets. Someone is always willing to take a chance on a former top pick to see if it was just terrible coaching or circumstances beforehand, or if things suddenly start to click. Bradford is far more talented, but then so is Sanchez, or even Geno for that matter. It takes more than that, and a lot of what Fitzpatrick offers is in the leadership area (something our prior recent QBs were sorely lacking, to say the least). 

So are you suggesting Fitz has.....intangibles???  :)

Archived