Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Selfishly, I hope they bring him back sooner than later" - Eric Decker, speaking about Fitz

Why would Decker say this?

Doesn't he know that Geno Smith is better, after all, he caught passes from both Geno and Fitz for a year each.

Doesn't he care about winning Super Bowls, or the future?  Doesn't he know Geno has the better upside?  That now that Geno has talent around him he'll be much better?

Doesn't he know that Geno has taken huge steps?

Can someone explain why the guy catching passes from our QB would prefer the worse QB, who can't win, can't get to the playoffs, and has to be carried by his teammates?

Do the Pro-Geno fans know more, and better, than Decker?

Maybe he is really being selfish?  Given Decker is mainly a mid-range possession WR (and a darn good one, I'm not knocking him), Fitz at QB means a ton of targets for Decker.

Hell even if Fitz is targeting Devin or Peake deep, Decker can just make sure to run a route 10yds short of those guys and be where the ball lands.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not rooting against Geno. But imo in 2017 he isn't going to be on the Jets. 

Assuming Fitz is back I don't think geno will be back, if Fitz is not back then Geno will be back.  I expect Fitz back at some point.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Assuming Fitz is back I don't think geno will be back, if Fitz is not back then Geno will be back.  I expect Fitz back at some point.

Geno unless he starts in 2016 and is lights out won't probably be back in 2017.  He's definitely here in '16 unless either Petty or Hack completely outplays him in training camp. He will be a UFA in '17 and there will be a market for him. But as a backup Qb. 

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Even if Fitz gets 14mil, Geno is coming back.  Dumping the only other QB on the roster who's had NFL snaps and who's only making like 2mil would be foolish.  Especially with a QB with Fitz's history and tendency to play careless diving head-first.

Edit:  If you're talking about 2017, $hit who knows, could be right.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno unless he starts in 2016 and is lights out won't probably be back in 2017.  He's definitely here in '16 unless either Petty or Hack completely outplays him in training camp. He will be a UFA in '17 and there will be a market for him. But as a backup Qb. 

oh 2017, I was thinking 2016.  My mistake

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Even if Fitz gets 14mil, Geno is coming back.  Dumping the only other QB on the roster who's had NFL snaps and who's only making like 2mil would be foolish.  Especially with a QB with Fitz's history and tendency to play careless diving head-first.

Edit:  If you're talking about 2017, $hit who knows, could be right.

I understand your logical approach here but I get the feeling geno is gone if Fitz is back.

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So he'll be asking for 16mil?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I understand your logical approach here but I get the feeling geno is gone if Fitz is back.

I don't see it, but hey on the bright side that would mean Petty and/or Hack have definitely impressed.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

So he'll be asking for 16mil?

Look, don't get bent out of shape about the 16 mil. He isn't going to get that. And probably hasn't asked for it. He's negotiating a figure which will probably be in the middle, something around ten per but on a two year contract. One thing Fitz said the other day was that he was happy the negotiations have been quiet and behind the scenes. As for Geno if he does start in 2016 and plays well  The Jets would obviously want to re-sign him. But if he doesn't get a chance to start in 2016 I would assume he won't be retained. But in 2016 he should be here unless Fitz returns and Geno is outplayed badly in pre-season by Petty or Hack. There could be a competition for backup Qb but imo it should be Geno if Fitz comes back.

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles said he's "hopeful" that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will be signed by training camp. But he wouldn't go so far as to say he's confident. He said he doesn't ask GM Mike Maccagnan for updates on the negotiations. "Just tell me when it's done," Bowles said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he watched him the whole way, unfortunately he didn't look for the DB.

You realize that was the play design right? Both Fitz and Gailey said that if they were in the coverage they wanted, that was the play, the ball was thrown before either broke for the ball. They scored a TD on the exact same play earlier in the game, AND, the bills gave up a TD on this play the week before. The DB made an adjustment expecting the play, it was probably a bad play call by Gailey, as he said he went to the well one too many times with that play. Fitz probably threw it poorly as well, and Decker could have done more to defend it.

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

You realize that was the play design right? Both Fitz and Gailey said that if they were in the coverage they wanted, that was the play, the ball was thrown before either broke for the ball. They scored a TD on the exact same play earlier in the game, AND, the bills gave up a TD on this play the week before. The DB made an adjustment expecting the play, it was probably a bad play call by Gailey, as he said he went to the well one too many times with that play. Fitz probably threw it poorly as well, and Decker could have done more to defend it.

Woody destroyed that situation, absolutely destroyed it. Rex and Tanny's fate should have been tied, he either should have fired them both, or kept them both. Another example of why Woody is such an awful owner.

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

so he has to stare him down and throw to him no matter what?  that doesn't seem like a smart play to me.

oh so Buffalo made an adjustment after getting beat? interesting.

Just now, nyjunc said:

so he has to stare him down and throw to him no matter what?  that doesn't seem like a smart play to me.

oh so Buffalo made an adjustment after getting beat? interesting.

You see what you want to see, you blame who you want to blame, and you give credit to who you want to give credit to. 

18 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

You see what you want to see, you blame who you want to blame, and you give credit to who you want to give credit to. 

we all do but the facts are Fitz made a bad decision and throw which ultimately cost us our season.

Just now, nyjunc said:

we all do but the facts are Fitz made a bad decision and throw which ultimately cost us our season.

He made a bad throw, if you believe Gailey, he did not make a bad decision, he was instructed to do what he did.

Such a bunch of pu$$y BS, one bad play does not cost anyone a season.  Besides, lets get our spin right, I thought Rex outcoaching Bowles cost us our season? Which strawman is it?

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He made a bad throw, if you believe Gailey, he did not make a bad decision, he was instructed to do what he did.

Such a bunch of pu$$y BS, one bad play does not cost anyone a season.  Besides, lets get our spin right, I thought Rex outcoaching Bowles cost us our season? Which strawman is it?

coaches never stick up for their players, right?  if he was coached to do that Gailey should be fired.  

his next 2 INTs put the final nails in our coffin but the play that killed us was the INT in the EZ.  his play all game killed us.

That was part of rex outcoaching Bowles by making an actual adjustment.

11 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Are you saying the interception was Gailey's fault?  That Fitz was supposed to throw the ball even though even if he was covered?

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you saying the interception was Gailey's fault?  That Fitz was supposed to throw the ball even though even if he was covered?

I am saying what I heard Gailey say.... He said it was a timing play IF they got the coverage they wanted, and they got the one on one coverage, and Fitz did as instructed. I think he made a poor throw, and Decker could have made more of an effort, and Gailey said he went to the well one too many times on that play. They scored a TD on the exact play, on the exact coverage earlier in the game, the DB made an adjustment because he was burnt on it 2 times in the past 2 games. You can blame whoever the fk you want, I know which way you will go, #agenda

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The thing I have trouble reconciling with this idea - despite my admission that you could very well be right - is this:

Bringing back Fitz at $10M, give or take, along with forking over $16M for 1 more year with Mo, presumably means the team wants to win now, this season. They surely know Fitz is not the QB of the future, and has shown no results-worthy QB mentoring skills to others thus far, whether it's accelerating Petty's non-Madden readiness, or aiding in the mental maturity of Geno Smith, Ryan Mallett, or Jake Locker over the past 3 seasons. So if he's brought in because the team is in "win now" mode, then why leave the #2 slot to the better of 2 players who supposedly are so unready the team seems to be talking of giving them both automatic back seats to Geno Smith. Seems even more questionable with Fitzpatrick not exactly being a model of never missing games or being careful with his own body. 

Doesn't mean it won't happen, of course.

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

It wasn't his decision to make, but it was not a good throw

The QB needs to react and change the decision if he feels it isn't a good one. Fitzpatrick threw sh*tty passes all season long Decker and Marshall made him look good. 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB needs to react and change the decision if he feels it isn't a good one. Fitzpatrick threw sh*tty passes all season long Decker and Marshall made him look good. 

Your one of the most knowledgeable jets fans on here, surely you understand the concept of a timing pattern?

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Your one of the most knowledgeable jets fans on here, surely you understand the concept of a timing pattern?

Timing pattern LOL you are one of the most dumb Jets fans on here look at the pass and tell me that was a timing pattern into triple coverage no less........

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

FF sake and you want guys like Geno playing after saying that. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Timing pattern LOL you are one of the most dumb Jets fans on here look at the pass and tell me that was a timing pattern into triple coverage no less........

To be fair, I'm only really dumb compared to you, but who isn't? Both Gailey and Fitz said it was a timing play, ball released before Decker broke, and it was single coverage, not triple. Cuz

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

To be fair, I'm only really dumb compared to you, but who isn't? Both Gailey and Fitz said it was a timing play, ball released before Decker broke, and it was single coverage, not triple. Cuz

Dude whatever you think is fine by me yes I'm dumb and you are the smartest man alive think what you want brother because we haven't won a Super Bowl in 47 years and guys like you keep making damn excuse,later cuz should have put you on IGNORE long ago.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude whatever you think is fine by me yes I'm dumb and you are the smartest man alive think what you want brother because we haven't won a Super Bowl in 47 years and guys like you keep making damn excuse,later cuz should have put you on IGNORE long ago.

Wohhhh, what are you on your rag today cuz? You told me i was the dumbest on the forum, take some PMS meds cuz, I have nothing to do with the 47 years.

Archived