Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol even the social media department knows that the Fitzpatrick signing is imminent. "The trio of QBs on our roster right now". Give it up guys Geno Smith will not be  under center on opening day 

image.png

James Schoenleber seems like a really smart guy.

The Geno support is spreading!

#GenoWillRiseAgain

25 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol even the social media department knows that the Fitzpatrick signing is imminent. "The trio of QBs on our roster right now". Give it up guys Geno Smith will not be  under center on opening day 

image.png

Feel the SUCK

Just a somewhat "rational" view of week 17. First we had won 5 in a row. Not too many teams won more than that (in a row). We were on the road against a team who had beaten us 4 in a row. We don't match up well against them. Our road record was 4-4, but one of those Ws was against the Giants at Met Life. So we won 7 out of our 10 wins at our home field and only 3 at other venues. And finally good teams do often play flat on the road. Like tonight in Cleveland the Raptors are getting crushed by the Cavs. But the last 2 games played in Toronto the Raptors beat them. Now I know this doesn't change anybody's mind. But it was a good try don't you think.?

-- When Ryan Fitzpatrick sat in a chair at his local barber shop in November, considering whether to have his overgrown beard trimmed, he did what any smart quarterback would've done. He got his wide receivers involved, using FaceTime to reach Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall for advice.Indeed, the trio had formed a tight bond during their first season together, and they've remained close during Fitzpatrick's unusually long free-agency period. Fitzpatrick isn't around the team, but he's in constant communication with team members. As Geno Smith said Wednesday, "We still talk to him. He's not a ghost."

Once again, Fitzpatrick finds himself in a hairy situation -- a contract impasse with the New York Jets -- and it appears he's getting some help from his friends. Again.

Decker and Marshall skipped the first two off-season practices, creating a rather conspicuous scene on Wednesday, when the media were allowed to watch for the first time.Decker stayed away to send a message to the team, according to the New York Post, which reported the receiver is upset the Jets still haven't signed Fitzpatrick. Decker's wife posted a photo on Wednesday night on Instagram indicating that they're on a family vacation. It's unclear whether Marshall skipped the workouts for the same reason. If not, it certainly comes across that way.

Center Nick Mangold also didn't show up, but he tweeted that his wife had given birth to a baby.In the big picture, this doesn't rank anywhere near the celebrated Sandy Koufax-Don Drysdale joint holdout in 1966, which rocked the Los Angeles Dodgers.Remember, these are voluntary workouts for the Jets, so there's no penalty for playing hooky. Decker's no-show was a low-risk move, another way of articulating -- sans words -- how important he believes it is for the organization to re-sign Fitzpatrick. Decker and Marshall have been talking about it publicly throughout the offseason. Give Decker credit for having the conviction to back it up.

The Jets have come a long way. A year ago, they knocked down their quarterback. Now they're standing up for him.

Some people might perceive Decker's no-show as dissing Smith, the nominal starter who spent the first two days throwing to backups. In reality, this is bigger than the Decker-Smith relationship. In the eyes of the players, Smith is Fitzpatrick's backup, that's all. They want their starter back, and this was a way to poke management, which is trying to get Fitzpatrick to accept a deal that would make him the lowest-paid veteran starter in the league.Decker's miniprotest might upset Smith, but it should galvanize the rest of the players on offense. And that's refreshing. It's been a long time since the Jets enjoyed that kind of solidarity on offense. This is a franchise that was fractured by the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow controversy in 2012 and the Sanchez-Santonio Holmes feud in 2011. When was the last time a Jets quarterback had this much respect from his receivers? You might have to go back to Chad Pennington and Laveranues Coles, circa 2006.

Todd Bowles is a big believer in using the offseason to build team chemistry. This isn't how it's spelled out in the coaching handbook, but something tells me Bowles isn't all that upset.

>     http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60559/jets-eric-decker-sits-for-fitz-a-refreshing-show-of-solidarity

so the sports authority in my area is closing, and I go there to get some stuff tonight...

my son runs over to the jets section and grabs a fitzpatrick shirt...

I start to explain how this may not be a great time, and then I'm like, "heck with it, get it, you will bring him to the jets !!"

so If he signs, credit to the man !!!

3 hours ago, Larz said:

so the sports authority in my area is closing, and I go there to get some stuff tonight...

my son runs over to the jets section and grabs a fitzpatrick shirt...

I start to explain how this may not be a great time, and then I'm like, "heck with it, get it, you will bring him to the jets !!"

so If he signs, credit to the man !!!

i hope you got a really good deal and imagine that stuff is 75% off and they still have Fitzpatrick shirts LOL 

Are you buying the couch next?

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

i hope you got a really good deal and imagine that stuff is 75% off and they still have Fitzpatrick shirts LOL 

Are you buying the couch next?

they had richardson and marshall shirts too.  the sneakers were basically all gone, but you might be interested in the yoga pants in the plus section

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

they had richardson and marshall shirts too.  the sneakers were basically all gone, but you might be interested in the yoga pants in the plus section

No not into yoga or plus size women why were you shopping in that area a gift for someone special. 

Did you buy this hat also. 

loser_hat.jpg?width=225&height=225&Filte

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No not into yoga or plus size women why were you shopping in that area a gift for someone special. 

The jets are my hobby. I have fun with it. You should try it.

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why did you feel the need to do this ? Just curious .

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, Mike135 said:

James Schoenleber seems like a really smart guy.

The Geno support is spreading!

#GenoWillRiseAgain

wouldn't one have to rise a 1st time before they rise again?

59 minutes ago, ylekram said:

wouldn't one have to rise a 1st time before they rise again?

College was his ascension.

The Jets, Idzik, Rex and $hit weaponz his fall.

IK and Bowles being a scared rookie HC = his death.

2016... the resurrection

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

College was his ascension.

The Jets, Idzik, Rex and $hit weaponz his fall.

IK and Bowles being a scared rookie HC = his death.

2016... the resurrection

yes, the whole world is geno's problem.

From Mark Cannizzaro from the NYPost:Contrary to reports of low-ball #Jets offer to #Fitz, #NFL sources tell The Post offer on table is 3-yr w/ $12 million for first year ...

If this #Jets offer per sources is true, makes you wonder what Fitz + his agent are waiting for. Am told offer has sat on table for 4 months

Take it with a grain of salt but that is beyond fair value for Fitz if true.

1 minute ago, Jet in PA said:

From Mark Cannizzaro from the NYPost:Contrary to reports of low-ball #Jets offer to #Fitz, #NFL sources tell The Post offer on table is 3-yr w/ $12 million for first year ...

If this #Jets offer per sources is true, makes you wonder what Fitz + his agent are waiting for. Am told offer has sat on table for 4 months

I think the cro deal last year was a 4 year 36M deal but was essentially one year for 8M. Hard to say without seeing the contract 

12 million? That's exactly why the Jets a re a joke. Mike Maccagan is pathetic. Offering 12 million to a guy that no one wants? Don't worry Jets fans, you will all have a new HC/GM in 2017, I knew those two clowns wouldn't last long.

3 minutes ago, Jet in PA said:

"Reports" and "per sources." Like what sources. You'd think that Canizzaro after all these years can do better than that. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Rangers9 said:

I'm not rooting against Geno. But imo in 2017 he isn't going to be on the Jets. 

If somebody promised you that you were going to wake up for certain tomorrow morning, then that person lied to you. Who cares if Geno Smith is on the Jets in 2017 . The fact of the matter is, he's the starting QB of the Jets as of right now, and a Jet fan should be hoping that he improves on a daily basis. Some of the stuff I did when I was 30, I would never even attempt today, because I am older and wiser.

Until Ryan Fitzpatrick signs a contract and is handed the keys to the 2016 Jet season, why can't all Jet fans support the players who are actually participating .

That is all .

The New York Jets' multiyear offer to free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, which has been on the table for at least two months, includes $12 million in the first year, a league source confirmed Friday night.Previously, the first-year payout was widely reported at about $8 million, fueling the perception the Jets have been low-balling their 2015 starter.Compensation of $12 million for 2016 is more in line with the marketplace, although the overall value of the three-year offer -- including the amount of guaranteed money -- isn't known.

Fitzpatrick is thought to be seeking about $15 million per year.

The latest development, first reported by the New York Post, came at the end of a week in which wide receiver Eric Decker reportedly skipped the first three voluntary practices to send a message to the organization that he's unhappy Fitzpatrick isn't signed.Decker is a Fitzpatrick supporter. They're also represented by the same agency, CAA. Wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who has also lobbied for Fitzpatrick's return, was a no-show, too. It's unclear if his absence was related to his feelings about the Fitzpatrick situation.The team and QB have been engaged in a stalemate since February. There's mutual interest, with the Jets saying they'd like Fitzpatrick to return as their starter. Breaking his offseason silence on Monday, Fitzpatrick said he'd like to re-sign.

Fitzpatrick, speaking at a charity golf tournament, declined to comment at length, saying he wants to keep the negotiations "behind closed doors."

"Both sides have been doing a good job of not airing their grievances to the public, and I'd like that to continue," he said.But the tenor of the impasse could be changing, perhaps triggered by the events of the past few days.The Jets haven't set a deadline, although they've said they'd like a resolution by training camp in late July. This week, coach Todd Bowles said he's "hopeful" a deal could be reached, but he wouldn't go so far as to say he's confident.Failing an agreement with Fitzpatrick, who made $3.25 million last season and enjoyed a career year, the Jets are prepared to go with Geno Smith as the starter, with Bryce Petty and rookie Christian Hackenberg as the backups.

Fitzpatrick has no other known suitors. The only team willing to hand him a starting job is the Jets.

>     http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15777284/new-york-jets-offering-ryan-fitzpatrick-12-million-first-year

Well, the tables have turned quite a bit in the last 24 hours.

Ever since the 2015 season came to a close and the Jets got to work on constructing a new deal for free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, the common assumption has been that the team had been “low-balling” the bearded signal caller.Figures like $8 million a year, $9 million a year, “at most” $10 million a year were thrown out. For an “unquestioned starting quarterback,” which is what New York has labeled Fitzpatrick, those figures were — with or without a market– a bit insulting.But on Friday, news broke that those financial values weren’t all that accurate. In fact, the deal New York has had on the table for several months is not only for three years, but worth $12 million in 2016. 

That’s different. Way different.

That’s. . . fair.

So, with all that said, what exactly is there to make of all of this? Here’s a little instant analysis, with three quick “I think I thinks” on the latest news regarding the “Fitzpatrick Contract Saga”I THINK I’m shocked Fitzpatrick has yet to sign this contract. This deal, in my opinion, is not only fair, but more than fair. Heck, if you had asked me 48 hours ago, I’d had said a one-year deal worth $11 million would have made sense. Or a two-year deal worth $22 million with a team option for 2017.

But three years? With $12 million in 2016? That’s. . . perfect. For both sides.Look, even without a competing market, $9 million or $10 million a year for an “unquestioned starter” is insulting. That’s literally a slap in the face. It doesn’t matter if no other team is vying for Fitzpatrick’s services, those figures wouldn’t be worth what Fitzpatrick brings to the Jets.But $12 million? That’s an entirely different story. That’s the Jets saying “look, we know you’re not getting $8 million anywhere else, but we’re gonna give you $12 million because we know what you mean to us.” That’s the team bending for the player.

Fitzpatrick needs to wake up and put pen-to-paper on this contract.The only excuse for this to not be signed already is if there are minor nuances of the deal that needs to be worked out –the fine-line stuff: think injury clauses, workout bonuses, performance incentives, etc. But the fact he hasn’t talked to the Jets in “several weeks?” Sheesh. . .

I THINK that things could now get really, really messy in the coming weeks. See, the Jets were the first team to break news to the media. Now, Fitzpatrick’s side has a chance to answer.Up until this point, both the Jets and Fitzpatrick’s agent (Jimmy Sexton) had agreed to not let the media in on the negotiation. It would be kept away from us, and instead, be talked about behind closed doors.It seems like someone with the Jets wanted to set the record straight on the team “low-balling” Fitzpatrick, because leaking what the team’s actual contract offer is has completely turned the tables. The majority have gone from “The Jets need to up their offer!” to, now, “Why the heck hasn’t he signed?”

Assuming this was someone from the Jets leaking this information — it was– Fitzpatrick’s camp isn’t going to be happy. They’ve kept their part of the deal– They haven’t spoken to the media. Now that the floodgates are open, look for little leaks from Sexton and Co. to start coming out to try to put the heat back on the Jets.Look, for the most part, this entire thing has been very civil. Now? Man, all Hell may break loose.I THINK something will still eventually get done with Fitzpatrick and the Jets. It still makes too much sense. The two sides are better together than apart. They know that, and eventually they’ll agree to terms on a contract.

When? How much will it be? That, that I have no idea.

I think there’s a lot of pride at play here. The Jets don’t want to give in, and neither does Fitzpatrick. I think Fitzpatrick wants the Jets just to give him a little more, so it doesn’t look like he caved. The Jets, I think, are insulted that Fitzpatrick hasn’t taken their offer as is, thus, they aren’t willing to budge. . . even a penny.I don’t know who will break first. I don’t know when this will get done. But I do think, eventually, it will.

>     http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/27/instant-analysis-3-thoughts-on-jets-contract-offer-to-ryan-fitzpatrick/

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

While it's true the Jets are offering QB Ryan Fitzpatrick a total of $12M in the first year, which sounds like a fair deal, it's the second- and third-year proposals that his camp deems unacceptable. The combined total for 2017 and 2018 is believed to be about $12M, which would make it three years for roughly $24M.

>      http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

So it sounds like Fitz has a 3 year 24 million dollar deal from the Jets. Which would be a VERY team friendly deal. And people are blasting Mac.  Too funny.

1 year for 12 million means nothing on a multi year deal.

Archived