Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yeah, signing on to be some other teams backup will stick it to the Jets.  This is his newest attempt to stick it to the Jets?  After what, his first attempt, the one where he tries to convince people that he'll take his balls, go home and retire.

Has there ever been a player who has underestimated his leverage any more than this Finance major?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, signing on to be some other teams backup will stick it to the Jets.  This is his newest attempt to stick it to the Jets?  After what, his first attempt, the one where he tries to convince people that he'll take his balls, go home and retire.

Has there ever been a player who has underestimated his leverage any more than this Finance major?

i think he has a 1 year deal on the table from another team. my gut feeling

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The fact that if its true wants to stick it to the Jets says a lot about his character. I never heard once where Geno Smith bad mouthed the Jets.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i think he has a 1 year deal on the table from another team. my gut feeling

To be a backup and less money?

Why would he take a role that doesnt have starter in it?

Denver really looking to add a 4th QB to their roster? 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

To be a backup and less money?

Why would he take a role that doesnt have starter in it?

i think there is a starter role in it. not quite, but his competition will be sanchez. i think Denver made him a 1 year offer for less than 12m per. if i had to guess, 7m-8m range. think about it. Denver still needs a qb this year. Denver was the only other team we heard about having interest in Fitzpatrick. then you hear whispers about Fitzpatrick taking less money with a different team to spurn the jets. the jets offer of 12m for the 1st year is great money for Fitzpatrick. the other 2 years basically end his career as a starter if the jets feel hackenburg is ready.

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i think there is a starter role in it. not quite, but his competition will be sanchez. i think Denver made him a 1 year offer for less than 12m per. if i had to guess, 7m-8m range. think about it. Denver still needs a qb this year. Denver was the only other team we heard about having interest in Fitzpatrick. then you hear whispers about Fitzpatrick taking less money with a different team to spurn the jets. the jets offer of 12m for the 1st year is great money for Fitzpatrick. the other 2 years basically end his career as a starter if the jets feel hackenburg is ready.

Think about this.  They give Fitz 8 mil to bring a negligible improvement over Sanchez and his what 4-5 mil deal.  So they'll spend 13+ mil on two half assed QBs?

While Fitz rolls the dice with a new team, walks away from a team where he would start and had some success with a year ago 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Think about this.  They give Fitz 8 mil to bring a negligible improvement over Sanchez and his what 4-5 mil deal.  So they'll spend 13+ mil on two half assed QBs?

And all the picks they gave up to get lynch and sanchez. denver wants no part of fitz, and if they did I'm sure you'd hear plenty of "sources" in the media 

Just now, cant wait said:

And all the picks they gave up to get lynch and sanchez. denver wants no part of fitz, and if they did I'm sure you'd hear plenty of "sources" in the media 

Wasnt even thinking of the picks theyve used on those two, good call

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unless that contract includes Gailey as Fitz personal coordinator, that'll be the only way Fitz could stick it to the Jets. That would be good for the other team too since Fitz has never been even semi-relevant unless with Gailey. 

In otherwords, Cool Story Fitz! 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

While Fitz rolls the dice with a new team, walks away from a team where he would start and had some success with a year ago 

Denver would be stupid to go into the year, just coming off a super bowl ass whoopin, with 2 qb's. one being a back up and one a pure project. what if sanchez is adequate but gets injured? you going to hand over the keys to a rookie project? Denver is thinking the same way the jets are. how do we win games till the rookies are ready?

of course, if my theory is true, Fitzpatrick is thinking about it. his current contract offer makes him a starter year 1, but it locks him into a 3 year deal. if the jets decide to start hackenburg next year, fitzpatricks career is finished. ia m thinking Fitzpatrick thinks that a HUGE roll of the dice

15 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Denver would be stupid to go into the year, just coming off a super bowl ass whoopin, with 2 qb's. one being a back up and one a pure project. what if sanchez is adequate but gets injured? you going to hand over the keys to a rookie project? Denver is thinking the same way the jets are. how do we win games till the rookies are ready?

of course, if my theory is true, Fitzpatrick is thinking about it. his current contract offer makes him a starter year 1, but it locks him into a 3 year deal. if the jets decide to start hackenburg next year, fitzpatricks career is finished. ia m thinking Fitzpatrick thinks that a HUGE roll of the dice

Denver is a smart move for Fitz if he feels he can:

1. Beat out Mark.  No guarantee there.
  2. Play well outside of Gailey's system.
  3. Succeed w/o Marshall and Decker.  Even though Denver's WRs are no slouches, Marshall n Deck really compliment (hide) Fitz well.
  4. If he thinks he is really a "smart" QB.  Like Peyton was.
  5. Believes he can finally come through in clutch-time and make the playoffs.

Denver was able to win with a weak-armed field general.  If Fitz can come close to that, he could be looking at years of competing for a ring and getting big pay days.

I'd actually be happy for him.

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Denver also drafted siemian last year and kubiak has been saying that he likes him. not to mention the 3 draft picks they spent on acquiring lynch/sanchez, no way in hell elway gives ryan fitzpatrick a stupid amount knowing they still have a huge contract to work out with von miller. and if denver or any other team was interested in paying fitz, him and his agent wouldn't be desperately trying to make up leverage against the jets 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that if its true wants to stick it to the Jets says a lot about his character. I never heard once where Geno Smith bad mouthed the Jets.

To be fair, though, it's hard to bad mouth anyone with your jaw wired shut.

Outside of the Jets, no other team in the NFL is interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick as a starting quarterback.

The 49ers ? They’re fine and dandy with Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert.

The Broncos? They like Mark Sanchez and Paxton Lynch.

The Browns? They’ve got RGIII.

The Rams? They just drafted Jared Goff No. 1 overall.

It would appear, knowing the above, that Fitzpatrick doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on in his ongoing contract negotiation with the Jets.

Or does he ?

Our Tim Benz says in his latest “NFL Minute” that, despite common perception, Fitzpatrick actually holds quite a few cards in his ongoing contract talks with Gang Green.

video..

>  http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/06/benz-ryan-fitzpatrick-has-more-than-a-little-leverage-over-jets/

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

At the Jets' annual "Town Hall" event last week, a fan wearing a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey asked team brass if he should keep the shirt. "I think you hold onto the jersey," Todd Bowles said, according to the team's official web site. "If we sign him back, you have a good one. If not, you have a collector's item."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

On May 31, 2016 at 4:52 PM, ylekram said:

If Denver wanted him, it would have happened already or atleast fitz agent would be touting that In the media as leverage. Fitz lost his chance with Denver. They have 3 guys who they are comfortable with that have been working hard in OTAs. It's ok for fitz to miss jets OTa's, but not other teams where he doesn't know the system..

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Denver wanted him, it would have happened already or atleast fitz agent would be touting that In the media as leverage. Fitz lost his chance with Denver. They have 3 guys who they are comfortable with that have been working hard in OTAs. It's ok for fitz to miss jets OTa's, but not other teams where he doesn't know the system..

why would it have already happened? why would fitz sign a deal with Denver 1. for a lot less than fitz was looking for & 2. the jets had a better offer on the table already? the answer is, he wouldn't. the entire contract dispute was kept under wraps between the jets & fitz until recently. seemed to be the way both sides decided to handle the situation. so why would fitz agent 1. tout that to the media & 2. what is supposed to tout to the media? that another team was interested and offered less money than the jets? doesn't seem like it would have a point

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

why would it have already happened? why would fitz sign a deal with Denver 1. for a lot less than fitz was looking for & 2. the jets had a better offer on the table already? the answer is, he wouldn't. the entire contract dispute was kept under wraps between the jets & fitz until recently. seemed to be the way both sides decided to handle the situation. so why would fitz agent 1. tout that to the media & 2. what is supposed to tout to the media? that another team was interested and offered less money than the jets? doesn't seem like it would have a point

It's a game of leverage my friend. Why jets appeared interested in other qbs, that they were never really serious about. Fitz has no leverage. But they are trying to use some. The  pathetic " he can sign somewhere else for less to stick it to the jets " or just rather retire than take a lowball. Both leaks from fitz camp obviously .. No other team is currently interested in fitz as a starter. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It's a game of leverage my friend. Why jets appeared interested in other qbs, that they were never really serious about. Fitz has no leverage. But they are trying to use some. The  pathetic " he can sign somewhere else for less to stick it to the jets " or just rather retire than take a lowball. Both leaks from fitz camp obviously .. No other team is currently interested in fitz as a starter. 

I understand the game of leverage just fine. if someone offers you less than the party you are trying to leverage, it ceases to become leverage

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Denver wasn't really interested in fitz either. most likely it was just a show for the kaepernick negotiations with SF

28 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Denver wasn't really interested in fitz either. most likely it was just a show for the kaepernick negotiations with SF

Good point. I think if they hadn't got lynch they could have been interested in fitz. Certainly not after. It was impossible to tell if a team was going to pick lynch early, Denver really wanted him but wasn't ready to trade up too high.. I sure hope Hackenberg plays on lynch level otherwise Mac will always be judged on that. Not the place setter fitz or geno.. 

18 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Good point. I think if they hadn't got lynch they could have been interested in fitz. Certainly not after. It was impossible to tell if a team was going to pick lynch early, Denver really wanted him but wasn't ready to trade up too high.. I sure hope Hackenberg plays on lynch level otherwise Mac will always be judged on that. Not the place setter fitz or geno.. 

That was a huge risk my Mac in my opinion. I really wanted us to take Lynch and was not a fan of Hackenberg at all, but what do I know these guys are the professionals. Let's just hope Mac got it right. I am 100% in support of Hack as he is now a Jet regardless of how I felt about the pick and not taking Lynch at 20.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually its sad and pathetic that the Jets are the only team in the NFL with any interest if they still have any at all. 

Well we'll see what happens if a guy like Tony Romo goes down again. Last year it killed the Cowboys season. Do you think Jerry Jones would let that happen again. Or let a few million bucks get in his way. It would be a little suspicious don't you think if he didn't at least inquire about Fitz's availability.  Or do the owners consider Fitz to be Woody's property. Anyways your argument which you and like 5 other guys keep saying ad nauseum that there is no interest in Fitz so he has to take the Jets offer is full of holes. Because in 2016 there are no job openings except on the Jets. That could change in a second. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well we'll see what happens if a guy like Tony Romo goes down again. Last year it killed the Cowboys season. Do you think Jerry Jones would let that happen again. Or let a few million bucks get in his way. It would be a little suspicious don't you think if he didn't at least inquire about Fitz's availability.  Or do the owners consider Fitz to be Woody's property. Anyways your argument which you and like 5 other guys keep saying ad nauseum that there is no interest in Fitz so he has to take the Jets offer is full of holes. Because in 2016 there are no job openings except on the Jets. That could change in a second. 

Why would anyone want to pay 10-12 million for fitz to backup ??? Or are you implying fitz is going to wait around for a starter to get hurt in pre-season ? Then expect him to come in and learn the offense in a week ? 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

5 other guys? LOL keep telling yourself that last I checked the poll had 59 members here for Geno Smith. 

Its more like 5 guys arguing in Fitzpatrick's favor LOL 

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why would anyone want to pay 10-12 million for fitz to backup ??? Or are you implying fitz is going to wait around for a starter to get hurt in pre-season ? Then expect him to come in and learn the offense in a week ? 

I'm not insinuating it I'm saying it. Qbs are signed during the season and sometimes they start. But I don't know what's going on in his head. Rumor was that instead of taking a bad 3 year deal he might decide to take a bad one year deal. And things can change in training camp too. I mean look what happened in our training camp last year. The bizarre. 

Well we'll see what happens if a guy like Tony Romo goes down again. Last year it killed the Cowboys season. Do you think Jerry Jones would let that happen again. Or let a few million bucks get in his way. It would be a little suspicious don't you think if he didn't at least inquire about Fitz's availability.  Or do the owners consider Fitz to be Woody's property. 

No, that's just the owners colluding to keep salaries low.

Archived