Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not insinuating it I'm saying it. Qbs are signed during the season and sometimes they start. But I don't know what's going on in his head. Rumor was that instead of taking a bad 3 year deal he might decide to take a bad one year deal. And things can change in training camp too. I mean look what happened in our training camp last year. The bizarre. 

Rumor? How about a legitimate link to this stink...............anxiously waiting

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one more thing. That year the agents complained to the NFLPA about unusually low salaries a lot of players signed one year deals. Because they felt or they knew that salaries were being rigged. Players don't like to sign one year contracts. And btw this was not the only time the union either made that claim or took the NFL to court on this. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one gives a rats ass about Ryan Fitzpatrick including the Jets or he would be signed. 

I hope we make a deal for Drew Brees tomorrow. Then you can forget about Fitzpatrick. But the prospect of blowing a promising season on a bum like Geno Smith is hard to fathom. As for your undeniable right to repeat yourself over and over, I don't know what to tell you. I used to believe in freedom of speech. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I hope we make a deal for Drew Brees tomorrow. Then you can forget about Fitzpatrick. But the prospect of blowing a promising season on a bum like Geno Smith is hard to fathom. As for your undeniable right to repeat yourself over and over, I don't know what to tell you. I used to believe in freedom of speech. 

I repeat because the same old sh*t is posted here mainly by you about Ryan Fitzpatrick. Want me to stop repeating SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Isn't that what Fitz did last year?

Fitz gave us our best season in years. The problem after the owner is some of the fan base. He doesn't know how to win and they don't want to win.They wouldn't know a good player if he hit them in the face, Some of them (luckily almost no one) want Geno a guy who incompetently ran our team over a guy who competently ran our team. Talk about losers. 

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I repeat because the same old sh*t is posted here mainly by you about Ryan Fitzpatrick. Want me to stop repeating SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!

So now you're not only making stupid and repetitive rants but telling fans who don't agree with you to shut up. What's the matter can't take it. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

So now you're not only making stupid and repetitive rants but telling fans who don't agree with you to shut up. What's the matter can't take it. 

You first told me I was repeating myself I responded to your remark. 

You are next on my IGNORE list you make no sense ever. 

GOODBYE 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not insinuating it I'm saying it. Qbs are signed during the season and sometimes they start. But I don't know what's going on in his head. Rumor was that instead of taking a bad 3 year deal he might decide to take a bad one year deal. And things can change in training camp too. I mean look what happened in our training camp last year. The bizarre. 

I'm not trying to be a wise ass but when has that ever happened ? I can't think of a qb who was signed " during the season " and started right away. Sure some sign to back up. But chan gailey is on the jets. That's fitz guy and everyone knows it. He hasn't done well without chan.  I would say if chan was on a team who's qb went down, fitz could step in right away there. But anyone else is not going to risk paying a high salary for an average qb who has been sitting on the couch and doesn't know their system. No way.. They will go with the next up guy who knows the system and practicing 5 days a week.. 

31 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm not trying to be a wise ass but when has that ever happened ? I can't think of a qb who was signed " during the season " and started right away. Sure some sign to back up. But chan gailey is on the jets. That's fitz guy and everyone knows it. He hasn't done well without chan.  I would say if chan was on a team who's qb went down, fitz could step in right away there. But anyone else is not going to risk paying a high salary for an average qb who has been sitting on the couch and doesn't know their system. No way.. They will go with the next up guy who knows the system and practicing 5 days a week.. 

You're saying a Qb hasn't signed during a season and then started a game. Well Matt Cassell for one last season was traded from the Bills to Dallas and started games. And Kellen Moore who wasn't signed by Dallas until early Sept after getting cut by the Lions played and started a game for Dallas. And I'm sure with all the Qb injuries there's lots of them. And Fitz by the way played well with Houston in 2014 especially towards the end the season just before his injury. And he didn't play well under Gailey after signing that starter's contract. 

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're saying a Qb hasn't signed during a season and then started a game. Well Matt Cassell for one last season was traded from the Bills to Dallas and started games. And Kellen Moore who wasn't signed by Dallas until early Sept after getting cut by the Lions played and started a game for Dallas. And I'm sure with all the Qb injuries there's lots of them. And Fitz by the way played well with Houston in 2014 especially towards the end the season just before his injury. And he didn't play well under Gailey after signing that starter's contract. 

You think gailey reminded Mac about that this offseason ? Lol.. Still those guy you mentioned were playing somewhere.. Moore was on the Cowboys practice squad and backing up cassel and weeden before playing.. Romo seems completely healthy now.. But if he or any other starter went down the team and were interested in signing fitz during season , the team is going to go to the #2 right away. It will be their job to lose first while fitz gets in football shape and learns the system .. So is fitz really going to sit around and wait for a starter to have a yr ending injury, and then wait for the backup to falter ? Lol doesn't sound like a solid plan to me..

Fitz should sign the 3 yr deal and get to work before jets lose patience and bring in another vet to backup geno.. He can hold out next yr if he plays well, force jets to trade or re-negotiate if he actually has another good season.. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You think gailey reminded Mac about that this offseason ? Lol.. Still those guy you mentioned were playing somewhere.. Moore was on the Cowboys practice squad and backing up cassel and weeden before playing.. Romo seems completely healthy now.. But if he or any other starter went down the team and were interested in signing fitz during season , the team is going to go to the #2 right away. It will be their job to lose first while fitz gets in football shape and learns the system .. So is fitz really going to sit around and wait for a starter to have a yr ending injury, and then wait for the backup to falter ? Lol doesn't sound like a solid plan to me..

Fitz should sign the 3 yr deal and get to work before jets lose patience and bring in another vet to backup geno.. He can hold out next yr if he plays well, force jets to trade or re-negotiate if he actually has another good season.. 

Why do fans want a player to sign a deal he doesn't like. And why tack two years on if the guy only wants a one year deal. If the 12 mil is more than the Jets want to pay give him the average 8. I think he deserves more than 8 but if he signs that deal he's legally locked into it and based on what we're seeing from their FO they aren't going to budge on it even if he holds out. 

If we're talking about the Cowboys they lost all of their games without Romo. As for Fitz he's been with many teams is smart and could learn a new system quickly. I think right now Kellen Moore is their backup Qb. Dallas has over 6 mil left in cap space but probably could scrounge up some more. I could see Fitz signing there even if Romo is healthy. You know Jerry Jones doesn't want to go through that again. And some people in the NFL think that Fitz is a starting quality Qb just not a franchise Qb. I'm totally speculating but I can see Fitz fitting in on a lot of teams. And there will be injuries. I think his preference would be to stay with the Jets. But I don't think he'll take Mac's 3 year deal. It's a bad deal even if at this moment in time it's his best offer. 

37 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If we're talking about the Cowboys they lost all of their games without Romo. As for Fitz he's been with many teams is smart and could learn a new system quickly. I think right now Kellen Moore is their backup Qb. Dallas has over 6 mil left in cap space but probably could scrounge up some more. I could see Fitz signing there even if Romo is healthy. You know Jerry Jones doesn't want to go through that again. And some people in the NFL think that Fitz is a starting quality Qb just not a franchise Qb. I'm totally speculating but I can see Fitz fitting in on a lot of teams. And there will be injuries. I think his preference would be to stay with the Jets. But I don't think he'll take Mac's 3 year deal. It's a bad deal even if at this moment in time it's his best offer. 

I doubt Jerry would pay much more than 6 mil for a #2. And fitz would rather go be a #2 for a yr and risk chance of not playing this yr ? That won't be good for him next yr..

Or he can go back to his comfort zone of Marshall/decker /Gailey. Maybe the jets would be willing to sign fitz for 1 yr 7, 8 mil. But last we know he was telling us all he was " ready " to only accept a 1 yr deal for 12 mil. Which the jets turned down. So as far as you know he is not willing to accept a lower offer at this time..

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Why do fans want a player to sign a deal he doesn't like. And why tack two years on if the guy only wants a one year deal. If the 12 mil is more than the Jets want to pay give him the average 8. I think he deserves more than 8 but if he signs that deal he's legally locked into it and based on what we're seeing from their FO they aren't going to budge on it even if he holds out. 

Just to show you that you're wrong yet again, I don't want him to sign this deal that he doesn't like. ;) 

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Why do fans want a player to sign a deal he doesn't like. And why tack two years on if the guy only wants a one year deal. If the 12 mil is more than the Jets want to pay give him the average 8. I think he deserves more than 8 but if he signs that deal he's legally locked into it and based on what we're seeing from their FO they aren't going to budge on it even if he holds out. 

The extra years are for cap management purposes ... he gets the money one way or the other, but the extra years let us spread some of that to 2017 / 2018.

What Fitz doesn't want is to be under contract and only getting $6m next year as our (potential) starting QB 

9 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The extra years are for cap management purposes ... he gets the money one way or the other, but the extra years let us spread some of that to 2017 / 2018.

What Fitz doesn't want is to be under contract and only getting $6m next year as our (potential) starting QB 

Fitz should retire, I think the head trauma is impairing his judgment. this contract stuff is getting embarassing 

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You really are still arguing that players need to get contracts that they want, the dollars they want and the length that they want? 

He has no contract offers, no fall back, he doesnt get to make demands over what he's worth.  How hard is this?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You really are still arguing that players need to get contracts that they want, the dollars they want and the length that they want? 

He has no contract offers, no fall back, he doesnt get to make demands over what he's worth.  How hard is this?

Fitz should threaten to retire again if the jets don't pay him what he wants

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well we know he has at least one contract offer. I'm not sure how you know that he doesn't have any other offers or options. Where do you get such inside information?

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Well we'll see what happens if a guy like Tony Romo goes down again. Last year it killed the Cowboys season. Do you think Jerry Jones would let that happen again. Or let a few million bucks get in his way. It would be a little suspicious don't you think if he didn't at least inquire about Fitz's availability.  Or do the owners consider Fitz to be Woody's property. Anyways your argument which you and like 5 other guys keep saying ad nauseum that there is no interest in Fitz so he has to take the Jets offer is full of holes. Because in 2016 there are no job openings except on the Jets. That could change in a second. 

Hard to take you seriously, criticizing other people's theories, when you're still tossing this horsecrap around. Fitzpatrick remains a free agent in June because his demands far exceed his actual value. That's it, in its entirety. The Cowboys have had ample time to bring in Fitz just to kick the tires, knowing that Romo could break his collar bone brushing his teeth this morning, but they chose not to. They could easily just not be interested. The fact that Fitz is refusing to sign the extremely generous 3/$24M deal in front of him makes him less attractive on the open market. Rather than offer more than that for Fitz, I'd think the 'Boys would either actively get involved in the trade market for a longer term solution (Glennon, Kaepernick), or let their own rookie take some lumps en route to another high pick. 

Fitzpatrick is a weak armed journeyman in the twilight of his career. The idea that some team is going to want to make him a multi-year starter should their starter go down, or that next year -as Fitz approaches age 35- the starting job offers are gonna start pouring in is ludicrous. He had a strong year with Houston two years ago, and they dumped him for a late conditional pick. Had a career year last year with the Jets, and the Jets are unwilling to commit to more than one year with him as a starter - and that's only if they can lock him up as a backup after that! The rest of the league is disinterested. This market you imagine is all in your imagination. 

55 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The cap stuff can be worked out by giving him a Revis NEP type of contract. It's do-able. The main reason for it is mostly to keep Fitz under contract as a low cost insurance policy for Mac to cover their asses in case the younger Qbs can't take over in 2017 or 2018. I don't recall ever seeing a deal for a Qb like this one. I think (but don't know) he'd take a lower one year deal over that. And if he has a good year for the Jets then be in a better bargaining position assuming there will be other openings in 2017. IMO a take it or leave it offer to a player is not the way to go. 

24 minutes ago, slats said:

Hard to take you seriously, criticizing other people's theories, when you're still tossing this horsecrap around. Fitzpatrick remains a free agent in June because his demands far exceed his actual value. That's it, in its entirety. The Cowboys have had ample time to bring in Fitz just to kick the tires, knowing that Romo could break his collar bone brushing his teeth this morning, but they chose not to. They could easily just not be interested. The fact that Fitz is refusing to sign the extremely generous 3/$24M deal in front of him makes him less attractive on the open market. Rather than offer more than that for Fitz, I'd think the 'Boys would either actively get involved in the trade market for a longer term solution (Glennon, Kaepernick), or let their own rookie take some lumps en route to another high pick. 

Fitzpatrick is a weak armed journeyman in the twilight of his career. The idea that some team is going to want to make him a multi-year starter should their starter go down, or that next year -as Fitz approaches age 35- the starting job offers are gonna start pouring in is ludicrous. He had a strong year with Houston two years ago, and they dumped him for a late conditional pick. Had a career year last year with the Jets, and the Jets are unwilling to commit to more than one year with him as a starter - and that's only if they can lock him up as a backup after that! The rest of the league is disinterested. This market you imagine is all in your imagination. 

Well again we don't know the conversations going on between Fitz's agent and other teams. And at this moment Dallas has no job opening except as backup and not impossible they have interest in him esp after what happened to them last year. And by the way the idea of owner collusion in terms of salaries in the NFL isn't horsecrap. I posted articles on it and there are plenty of them on this subject. I don't think he's weak armed but he's definitely doesn't have a howitzer and isn't your prototypical starting franchise Qb. But he's a good Qb and in the category of being a starting Qb. And starters get paid more than 3-24. The last two years being really obnoxious deal breakers. Just give him the one year and let him leave. If he plays well he makes more money if he's terrible like you say he loses money. Chances are he'll take the average on a one year ($8 mil) if Mac continues to play hardball. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Well again we don't know the conversations going on between Fitz's agent and other teams. And at this moment Dallas has no job opening except as backup and not impossible they have interest in him esp after what happened to them last year. And by the way the idea of owner collusion in terms of salaries in the NFL isn't horsecrap. I posted articles on it and there are plenty of them on this subject. I don't think he's weak armed but he's definitely doesn't have a howitzer and isn't your prototypical starting franchise Qb. But he's a good Qb and in the category of being a starting Qb. And starters get paid more than 3-24. The last two years being really obnoxious deal breakers. Just give him the one year and let him leave. If he plays well he makes more money if he's terrible like you say he loses money. Chances are he'll take the average on a one year ($8 mil) if Mac continues to play hardball. 

Potential salary collusion between the owners has absolutely nothing to do with the free agent scrap heap that is June 9. No one's colluding to keep Fitz's offers down. Indeed, the Jets are offering more than any other team - if any other team is offering anything at all. So yes, that's utter nonsense. 

And if Maccagnan continues to play hardball (and I hope he does), Fitz will have to decide whether or not he'll sign the offer that's been on the table for months. There's no reason for the Jets to capitulate to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Contrary to what you clearly believe in your heart and soul, he's not considered to be a good starting QB in the NFL. He's really not even considered to be a starter. Except for by the Jets in the first year of a three year deal. 

50 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well we know he has at least one contract offer. I'm not sure how you know that he doesn't have any other offers or options. Where do you get such inside information?

Yeah from the Jets, thanks for agreeing with me.  He has no other offers. How do I know?  Ugh, because we haven't hear boo about anyone else?  Because no other team needs a starting QB?  Because it doesn't make sense on any level?

and mostly because you think he has.  That's all I need

Just now, slats said:

Potential salary collusion between the owners has absolutely nothing to do with the free agent scrap heap that is June 9. No one's colluding to keep Fitz's offers down. Indeed, the Jets are offering more than any other team - if any other team is offering anything at all. So yes, that's utter nonsense. 

And if Maccagnan continues to play hardball (and I hope he does), Fitz will have to decide whether or not he'll sign the offer that's been on the table for months. There's no reason for the Jets to capitulate to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Contrary to what you clearly believe in your heart and soul, he's not considered to be a good starting QB in the NFL. He's really not even considered to be a starter. Except for by the Jets in the first year of a three year deal. 

You're assuming a lot of things. I don't know if there is collusion but if there is it affects a lot of players not just stars and this includes Fitz. This year it's pretty obvious there is no job market for starters.  And as crappy a player as you say Fitz is he's still a guy good enough to win starting Qb jobs in the NFL. And still good enough for the Jets to want him back to start in 2016. I'm not going to judge him from ten years ago. Last year he was a good Qb that's the main way I'd judge him. And he's the choice of the players and the coaching staff.  

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're assuming a lot of things. I don't know if there is collusion but if there is it affects a lot of players not just stars and this includes Fitz. This year it's pretty obvious there is no job market for starters.  And as crappy a player as you say Fitz is he's still a guy good enough to win starting Qb jobs in the NFL. And still good enough for the Jets to want him back to start in 2016. I'm not going to judge him from ten years ago. Last year he was a good Qb that's the main way I'd judge him. And he's the choice of the players and the coaching staff.  

Sorry Dude, you're the one making wild assumptions with your conspiracy theory collusion excuses. I'm looking at the facts of the situation as they stand. There were a number of starting QB openings this year, and teams chose to fill them with guys like RGIII, Mark Sanchez, and Blaine Gabbert rather than turn to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Only Denver even took a look, and it was brief. Fitz had a nice year, but teams know what he is - even if you don't. 

Most teams will have to go thru their starter and backup before they even consider Fitzpatrick to start for the their team, and even then they'll probably scour the trade market first. And even then, it's unlikely that they'd offer more than 3/$24M. Fitz' entire market is the deal the Jets have offered. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah from the Jets, thanks for agreeing with me.  He has no other offers. How do I know?  Ugh, because we haven't hear boo about anyone else?  Because no other team needs a starting QB?  Because it doesn't make sense on any level?

and mostly because you think he has.  That's all I need

I never said he did, because I don't know. We know he has one from the Jets. You said he didn't have any. No one knows about what fallback options he has. You don't know and I don't know. Just because you haven't heard anything, doesn't mean there isn't anything out there. And just because there are no other starting QB jobs open, doesn't mean he doesn't have other options. He could take a deal to be a backup somewhere, or he could be waiting for an injury. Some team will need a QB in the next few months. Not sure what doesn't make sense to you.

Just now, slats said:

Sorry Dude, you're the one making wild assumptions with your conspiracy theory collusion excuses. I'm looking at the facts of the situation as they stand. There were a number of starting QB openings this year, and teams chose to fill them with guys like RGIII, Mark Sanchez, and Blaine Gabbert rather than turn to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Only Denver even took a look, and it was brief. Fitz had a nice year, but teams know what he is - even if you don't. 

Most teams will have to go thru their starter and backup before they even consider Fitzpatrick to start for the their team, and even then they'll probably scour the trade market first. And even then, it's unlikely that they'd offer more than 3/$24M. Fitz' entire market is the deal the Jets have offered. 

That's just not true. There were not a number of openings if so please list them. Only at Denver and according to reports they contacted Fitz's agent and were interested but that was in March and they couldn't reach an agreement. I think maybe now he wishes he would have signed that deal (reportedly 1 year for 7 mil) but didn't expect this kind of hardball stand by the Jets. He wants to come back but also wants a better deal. As for SF they have Gabbert who started games for them last year and Kap. No way they are going to pay both Kap and Fitz at the same time. We're talking 32 teams and almost no openings in a season. But that could change. As for having to take the Jets offer because it's the best offer. Well a lot of people won't do that if they think the offer is below market. They will either take another position that pays less but offers in the long run a better chance to earn more money. Or decide to stick it out and not sign and hope things change in the future. This is what some players did a few years ago when agents complained about price fixing by owners and contracts were markedly low that year. They signed one year deals for less money. And that is no CT. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just to show you that you're wrong yet again, I don't want him to sign this deal that he doesn't like. ;) 

That's rather slick of you Spermy.

And yet despite any information to the contrary that deal remains on the table.  Go figure.

Archived