Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

10 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Every team is missing 41% of their starters in December?

Please do not fabricate falsehoods just to advance your delusional agenda.

Why are you whining like a sissy about players who were out that day to a board full of Jets fans?  

Why not run to one of those circle jerk Pats boards and whine about Belichick sitting players with home field on the line?  Or whine about sissy players who were to banged up to play when their team needed them?

why act like a a lifeless, clueless troll here?  Th Jets can only play the team on the field.  What part of your life went so wrong

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It says what you know already. And you continuously love to mention. That our owner and organization is inept. You don't kill your momentum after a good season by doing something stupid like this. If something works you don't fix it. 

The Jets FO is not inept.

They are 100% correct in how they are handling the Fitz situation.

They fully realize that he is a career backup, JAG QB with absolutely no upside whatsoever.

Why pay somebody like that?

I don't know about 9 starters being out that day. I'll take your word for it. I know that Amendola and Edelman didn't play but their best playmaker Gronk did. In December teams go with backups and a lot of them due to injuries so I don't accept it as an excuse. Plus earlier in the season we played you tough and lost by 7 in the 4th quarter. And Fitz threw for 295 yards and no picks. So what's your excuse for that one. 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz lost the football game.

Sure and we lost to a better team. And in Foxboro. Not bad for a 4-12 team being competitive with the SB champions. The Jets after a disaster in 2014 were a competitive team. We only lost big in one game against Oakland away when Fitz was injured early in the game (we've never played well on west coast trips anyways but no excuses). All the other losses were 7 or under. We lost to Buff twice by the same score 22-17. And with a few breaks like the punter not shanking that kick which led to a Td we win that game. 

Sure and we lost to a better team. And in Foxboro. Not bad for a 4-12 team being competitive with the SB champions. The Jets after a disaster in 2014 were a competitive team. We only lost big in one game against Oakland away when Fitz was injured early in the game (we've never played well on west coast trips anyways but no excuses). All the other losses were 7 or under. We lost to Buff twice by the same score 22-17. And with a few breaks like the punter not shanking that kick which led to a Td we win that game. 

Maybe the Jets should toss hand grenades or play horseshoes instead of football.

Being close means something in those two.

Being close in the NFL is for losers.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Maybe the Jets should toss hand grenades or play horseshoes instead of football.

Being close means something in those two.

Being close in the NFL is for losers.

We were 10-6 in 2016. That's not being a loser. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So right you are too many fans like Rangers are happy with almost and losing.

Everything in life is relative.

"Almost and losing" at 10-6 is still better than "Not Even Close and Losing" at 4-12, for example.

Being consistently a winner (8+ wins) is a good thing.  Improving is a good thing.  Building consistency and quality and depth is a good thing.  

The Super Bowl is the only price that counts, but expecting to get to one without taking any steps to build a consistent winning quality franchise operation is folly.

I'd be very happy to see us go 10-6 every year for the next decade, even if a few of those years we may not make the playoffs.  Because most years, 10 wins is in, and in is a chance.

I'd rather not see the endless "bounce" the Jets seem to do, 10-6 then 4-12 then 9-7 then 3-13 then fire em'all and start over, rinse, repeat.  

Build a winner, that wins every year more than it loses, and the rest will follow (or at last give you the best chance at the rest).

The "all or nothing every year" mentality is not a path to a Super Bowl IMO.

(P.S. This post is off topic, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with Fitz or the QB decision).

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Almost and losing" at 10-6 is still better than "Not Even Close and Losing" at 4-12, for example.

Being consistently a winner (8+ wins) is a good thing.  Improving is a good thing.  Building consistency and quality and depth is a good thing.  

The Super Bowl is the only price that counts, but expecting to get to one without taking any steps to build a consistent winning quality franchise operation is folly.

I'd be very happy to see us go 10-6 every year for the next decade, even if a few of those years we may not make the playoffs.  Because most years, 10 wins is in, and in is a chance.

I'd rather not see the endless "bounce" the Jets seem to do, 10-6 then 4-12 then 9-7 then 3-13 then fire em'all and start over, rinse, repeat.  

Build a winner, that wins every year more than it loses, and the rest will follow (or at last give you the best chance at the rest).

(P.S. This post is off topic, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with Fitz or the QB decision).

Thanks for at least mentioning Fitz or Geno in the last sentence ... I would have been very mad otherwise!

Sure your goal is to make the playoffs and win the SB. A six win increase in a season isn't something to sneeze over. it's something you can build on and puts us in a good position to be very competitive this year. And by competitive I mean make the playoffs. The bottom line is that most NFL contests are usually very close games. And sometimes the difference between a winning season and the playoffs and an average season is being good and lucky. If you want to continue to rip us for losing in week 17 just look at the tape of that game. We were in it even though we didn't bring our A game. And could have easily stole that game. That game was not all on one player even though some of our posters can't see the forest for the trees. They just see what they want to see. 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The NFL isn't built on mediocrity the ultimate goal is winning a Super Bowl this organization cannot seem to find the recipe to do that since 1969. 

Success is based on championships not participation. 

My only concern is 2016. I don't want to use this season to build for the future because I think we have the personnel to compete and make the playoffs. This year, I don't know about next season 2017. We might not even have some of the same key players like Marshall, David Harris, Revis, etc. It's not a given. We had the momentum coming into the off season but because of this standoff between the starting Qb and the FO we could lose it. I'm not even confident you can get it back. Not good timing and smart. You don't give a guy like Fitz and over the top multi-year contract because he's not the long term future. But when your team is competitive and your offense works you don't get rid of the guy over a couple of million bucks. Or try to lock him into a bad deal (for him). You work with the guy and try to preserve the good work atmosphere we had last year. Not rip it up. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL isn't built on mediocrity the ultimate goal is winning a Super Bowl this organization cannot seem to find the recipe to do that since 1969. 

No disagreement, but the path to a Super Bowl does not go from "Sucks" to "Champion" without going through the steps between.

A 10-6 season is not mediocre.  Again, that a playoff year almost every year.  In, with a chance, that what I want every year.

Success is based on championships not participation. 

Success is based on winning, and being in the playoffs, and having a chance year after year regularly.  That's how title contenders are built.  

A "win it all or it's a failure that must be destroyed and rebuilt from scratch" is the fastest way to perennial failure I can think of.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

No disagreement, but the path to a Super Bowl does not go from "Sucks" to "Champion" without going through the steps between.

Success is based on winning, and being in the playoffs, and having a chance year after year regularly.  That's how title contenders are built.  

A "win it all or it's a failure that must be destroyed and rebuilt from scratch" is the fastest way to perennial failure I can think of.

So its fair to say Fitzpatrick was unsuccessful here as a QB following suit to his entire career in the NFL. 

14 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know what a JAG Qb is other than Brian Bortles. Even the worst starting Qb in the NFL is one of the best at his craft in the world. And 12 mil is below market. But he's not going to get it here. And Fitz isn't the worst Qb in the NFL. He's a good player. 

Lolololol at 12 being below market. Supply and demand creates a market. And good players/QB often reach playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

My only concern is 2016. I don't want to use this season to build for the future because I think we have the personnel to compete and make the playoffs. This year, I don't know about next season 2017. We might not even have some of the same key players like Marshall, David Harris, Revis, etc. It's not a given. We had the momentum coming into the off season but because of this standoff between the starting Qb and the FO we could lose it. I'm not even confident you can get it back. Not good timing and smart. You don't give a guy like Fitz and over the top multi-year contract because he's not the long term future. But when your team is competitive and your offense works you don't get rid of the guy over a couple of million bucks. Or try to lock him into a bad deal (for him). You work with the guy and try to preserve the good work atmosphere we had last year. Not rip it up. 

Despite us as fans not liking it there is not a huge issue with Fitz not being there yet for the team.  If he makes it for Training Camp he will get plenty of reps with the guys.

if he is not willing to lock into the backup deal for years 2 & 3 then perhaps they can tear up what's on the table & come back with something close to 8 mil for a 1 Year deal than the 12 mil per 1 year that his agent was trying for .

certainly there has not been any major actual impact yet to the sides not having worked it out as of now.

6 minutes ago, ljr said:

Despite us as fans not liking it there is not a huge issue with Fitz not being there yet for the team.  If he makes it for Training Camp he will get plenty of reps with the guys.

if he is not willing to lock into the backup deal for years 2 & 3 then perhaps they can tear up what's on the table & come back with something close to 8 mil for a 1 Year deal than the 12 mil per 1 year that his agent was trying for .

certainly there has not been any major actual impact yet to the sides not having worked it out as of now.

It's a low ball offer 1-8 but I think it's the right solution. I mean I read Phil Simms say today that he once held out to till after the first exhibition game. And he thinks that Fitz will sign 7-10 days into training camp. So it happens I just don't think a good idea.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'd rather the Jetd get a bunch of top ten picks for four years in a row, ala Jaguars or Raiders so they can draft the best young talent,  in the top of the first and second round and build a great young team over consistently picking at 20 out of the playoffs.

thats just me

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

For somebody who says they want to win so bad and nothing counts unless you make the playoffs you sound to me like you are resolved to lose. 

Wait wait wait wait. You want Fitz, who has never made it to the playoffs in 11 years and I'm "resolved to lose"?

36 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Wait wait wait wait. You want Fitz, who has never made it to the playoffs in 11 years and I'm "resolved to lose"?

We won with him last year, dude. He gives us our best chance to win in 2016. The players are optimistic about our chances this year with him starting. Geno does not give us our best chance to win this year. It's as simple as that. We have a good team 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

We won with him last year, dude. He gives us our best chance to win in 2016. The players are optimistic about our chances this year with him starting. Geno does not give us our best chance to win this year. It's as simple as that. We have a good team 

Yeah we also won with Jeff Cumberland. Doesn't mean he was the reason we won. 

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I'd rather the Jetd get a bunch of top ten picks for four years in a row, ala Jaguars or Raiders so they can draft the best young talent,  in the top of the first and second round and build a great young team over consistently picking at 20 out of the playoffs.

thats just me

I think that's the route to Perma-Cleveland.  

Lost of losing, praying over draft picks (most of whom fail), long, depressing, uninteresting seasons for little gain (since losing so much ensures staff changeover every 3-4 seasons).  Free Agents avoid us, so no help there.  Just, ugh, dark.

I'd much more enjoy perennial 9-7/10-6 seasons and consistent competitiveness by my team, and regular chances to make the playoffs rather then perennial "new kids learning and losing" 5-6 win years on the slim hopes one year a bunch of kids and a yet-another-new-regime somehow pull off a miracle. 

But as you say, to each their own.

And neither the Jags nor the Raiders are a legit contenders this year.  Just say'in.

Archived