Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

I don't believe people truly understand what's going on here. This isn't a simple matter of the Jets giving Fitz what he wants. Far from it actually. The Jets want to resign him that's for sure. But Fitz is not useful with many other teams.

Fitz is MBM. MBM stands for Made By Marshall. Without Brandon Marshall, Ryan Fitzpatrick reverts back to the Ryan Fitzpatrick of old. The journeyman that always was a turnover machine. He reverts back to his Buffalo days.

Ryan Fitzpatrick MUST have weapons around him in order to be successful. Fitz could always count on Marshall being open even when he was double covered. Fitz just threw it up high and Marshall would jump up and grab it. Ryan Fitzpatrick NEEDS to stay with the NYJ. The NYJ actually have leverage because they have an excellent WR combo. A combo that for the first time in Fitz 11 year career, he can work with him. They have made each other better players.

Now, Ryan Fitzpatrick might a have a few teams willing to pay him to come their way, but he knows if he doesn't have a great compliment of weapons he's ultimately going to fail and he won't collect on most of the money in that contract.

If I'm the Jets I sign him Fitz for about 6 or 7 million with incentives to get him up to as much as 8.5 million. Team escalators, get into the playoffs you get this bonus and so on right up to and including winning the SB. As much as the Jets need Fitz in the interim, Fitz NEEDS the Jets.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Nope, personally i think fitz deserves under 5 million.

Brady only getting 9 mill a year so his team can be successful says a lot about a guy who gets thrashed a lot. 

You do realize that the Patriots circumvent his salary cap number by hiring Brady's company right?

4 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Nope, personally i think fitz deserves under 5 million.

Brady only getting 9 mill a year so his team can be successful says a lot about a guy who gets thrashed a lot. 

23 minutes ago, hawk said:

You do realize that the Patriots circumvent his salary cap number by hiring Brady's company right?

Not to mention a wink and a nod deal that will see Brady on payroll long after he is a Pat. "Personal services contract." They may wait a year or two after he retires to make it not look obvious, but it's guaranteed.

Not to mention a wink and a nod deal that will see Brady on payroll long after he is a Pat. "Personal services contract." They may wait a year or two after he retires to make it not look obvious, but it's guaranteed.

Where does it say it is illegal for a team to hire a former player?

You guys are hilarious.

I just  don't want to bid against ourselves. I really don't see fits having much success in another system with other receivers and I think he knows that. Just because Nick foles gets 12 to 14,000,000 per year doesn't mean that that is the starting baseline.

if there is a seven to $8 million quarterback, it is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

6 hours ago, jetsjetsjetss said:

tough spot since fitz may have played himself into a somewhat big contract. Hopefully not many other teams will be biting hard and we can get him reasonably for 2 years

6 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Pretty much a given we are going to sign Fitz. The Jets may have to renegotiate a few contracts, but I see a two year deal. He's found a home and my guess with 5 kids won't want to move any time soon.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

I just  don't want to bid against ourselves. I really don't see fits having much success in another system with other receivers and I think he knows that. Just because Nick foles gets 12 to 14,000,000 per year doesn't mean that that is the starting baseline.

if there is a seven to $8 million quarterback, it is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

gotta love Jets fans. bad thing when Jets players play well because then they will want a raise. i wonder if your boss is sitting there hoping you suck at your job.

gotta love Jets fans. bad thing when Jets players play well because then they will want a raise. i wonder if your boss is sitting there hoping you suck at your job.

What did I say that was negative about Fitz? I hope he gets the contract he deserves. My bet us that he'd rather sign with the Jets than elsewhere. As for the renegotiating of contracts... Are you familiar with how the league's salary cap works?

Just now, pdxgreen said:

What did I say that was negative about Fitz? I hope he gets the contract he deserves. My bet us that he'd rather sign with the Jets than elsewhere. As for renegotiating of contracts... Are you familiar with how the league's salary cap works?

it was a discussion but the fact that you are defensive enough to go on some weirdo warpath must means you think my comment is pretty close to the mark. don't worry you go root for the jags, john idzik never overpays ya know.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Your post is glib and inane.  It's just lazy to discount the validity in having reservations about paying $14-16  mill per year on a 33 year old QB who has difficulty throwing the ball down the field.  Who had by far the best year of his otherwise mediocre career.  There is a salary cap, the way it works is in the interest of having the best team you want to pay players as little as possible while keeping them motivated and not losing them to higher bidders.  What if there aren't any other real bidders?  Is Fitzpatrick's value greater to the jets than any other team, I think it is, I think he feels his best chance at success is staying in this organization - I don't want to pay him $14,000,000 a year if another suitor wouldn't come close to that.

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Your post is glib and inane.  It's just lazy to discount the validity in having reservations about paying $14-16  mill per year on a 33 year old QB who has difficulty throwing the ball down the field.  Who had by far the best year of his otherwise mediocre career.  There is a salary cap, the way it works is in the interest of having the best team you want to pay players as little as possible while keeping them motivated and not losing them to higher bidders.  What if there aren't any other real bidders?  Is Fitzpatrick's value greater to the jets than any other team, I think it is, I think he feels his best chance at success is staying in this organization - I don't want to pay him $14,000,000 a year if another suitor wouldn't come close to that.

And I don't want to pay $500 for an apple and I really love apples. It's even more lazy and inane to just toss out huge numbers and than rail against them. we call that a "strawman" -- classic logical fallacy. I also would not pay Andrew Luck 27 zillion a year!!! OMG!

3 hours ago, jgb said:

And I don't want to pay $500 for an apple and I really love apples. It's even more lazy and inane to just toss out huge numbers and than rail against them. we call that a "strawman" -- classic logical fallacy. I also would not pay Andrew Luck 27 zillion a year!!! OMG!

Now you're too lazy to read your own posts. 

You included me in your "multi-quote" where I said I don't want to pay Fitz the $14,000,000 Nick Foles made in 2015.  And then you say I made that number up so I could argue against it, wtf are you even talking about?

Now you're too lazy to read your own posts. 

You included me in your "multi-quote" where I said I don't want to pay Fitz the $14,000,000 Nick Foles made in 2015.  And then you say I made that number up so I could argue against it, wtf are you even talking about?

Number tosser you're arguing against nothing no one wants to pay fitz 14 million. No one is suggesting it. No one would do it. It's a completely ridiculous thing to argue about. As ridiculous as 500 dollar apples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Can't tell if you are thinking you are making a point but if you are, it is a bad one

and I cant tell if you think paying a premium price for a stopgap QB is actually a good thing

the boss analogy you made is just lazy and irrelevant especially since fitz isn't under contract

and I cant tell if you think paying a premium price for a stopgap QB is actually a good thing

the boss analogy you made is just lazy and irrelevant especially since fitz isn't under contract

Calling everything "lazy" (improperly I might add) is actually lazy. Not to mention no one is suggesting he be paid premium QB money. If redefining the question falsely is the only way you can "win" an argument, you should reconsider your position.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Calling everything "lazy" (improperly I might add) is actually lazy. Not to mention no one is suggesting he be paid premium QB money. If redefining the question falsely is the only way you can "win" an argument, you should reconsider your position.

I would call that response also lazy.

Might want to read all the posts you multiquoted and actually respond to them. Or you should probably just stay away from multiquoting in general.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Number tosser you're arguing against nothing no one wants to pay fitz 14 million. No one is suggesting it. No one would do it. It's a completely ridiculous thing to argue about. As ridiculous as 500 dollar apples

There are plenty that have penciled him for 12 mil though.  Which is equally stupid

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd love to see one expert say they predict $12 million from Fitzpatrick. 

I found an article quoting a "prominent agent" saying he "could" get a 10-12 per year deal. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/57420/jets-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-in-line-for-jaw-dropping-contract

Could just be agent puffery but I will note the article also mentioned $12 would place Fitzpatrick only as 20th highest paid QB. So maybe the issue is we are undervaluing the market. 20th highest paid does not sound outrageous.

Also from the article is this depressing note:  6. Homegrown: Muhammad Wilkerson became the first player from the Jets' past eight drafts to be selected to the Pro Bowl.

Thanks, Idzik!!!

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd love to see one expert say they predict $12 million from Fitzpatrick. 

Look around.  It's been said.  Here.  

Thats what I was talking about, discussions here by fans.

10-12 mil.  

I let him walk at that price, unless there is little guaranteed money.  It's one thing to pay a player with his numbers that kind of money when he's in his 20s and can grow, it's another when he's a hold the fort guy. 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look around.  It's been said.  Here.  

Thats what I was talking about, discussions here by fans.

10-12 mil.  

I let him walk at that price, unless there is little guaranteed money.  It's one thing to pay a player with his numbers that kind of money when he's in his 20s and can grow, it's another when he's a hold the fort guy. 

key word is "experts." there are also people on JN that have advocated such positions as: darrelle revis now sucks, Geno > fitzpatrick, and the moon landing was a hoax.

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

key word is "experts." there are also people on JN that have advocated such positions as: darrelle revis now sucks, Geno > fitzpatrick, and the moon landing was a hoax.

I thought we were saying no one is advocating paying him that money after you were having a argument with someone saying they didn't want to pay him that money.  Wasn't it you that wrote about Jet fans not wanting to pay their players who play well after copying and pasting a post saying Fitz should get only 8 mil? 

Didnt see expert written anywhere. 

And along with those crazy statements is that Fitz finished top 10 and he should get 12 mil.  You're right, that's just as crazy

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought we were saying no one is advocating paying him that money after you were having a argument with someone saying they didn't want to pay him that money.  

Didnt see expert written anywhere. 

And along with those crazy statements is that Fitz finished top 10 and he should get 12 mil.  You're right, that's just as crazy

you should read the posts you quote and respond to.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

you should read the posts you quote and respond to.

Wasn't it you that wrote about Jet fans not wanting to pay their players who play well after copying and pasting a post saying Fitz should get only 8 mil?

Your words.  Don't get pissy

So 8's not enough  but 12-14 is too much, what are you proposing, 10 mil?

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn't it you that wrote about Jet fans not wanting to pay their players who play well after copying and pasting a post saying Fitz should get only 8 mil?

Your words.  Don't get pissy

So 8's not enough  but 12-14 is too much, what are you proposing, 10 mil?

you quoted a post about wanting to see an expert predict 12 million for fitz. you cited JN lol. come on now. you're not even making this a challenge.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

you quoted a post about wanting to see an expert predict 12 million for fitz. you cited JN lol. come on now. you're not even making this a challenge.

You complained that someone said 8 mil was too much.  So I'm asking, what should he get? 

1 minute ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Not even a hint of news on this subject. Maybe at the combine next week things will heat up? I still say the Jets will need to be in the 9-12 per year range to sign Fitz.

There was an article just 2 days ago suggesting Fitz is the top priority right now.  Macc has also been very good about not letting information leak.  Patience, sir, patience.  The Conquering Hero will return.

8 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Not even a hint of news on this subject. Maybe at the combine next week things will heat up? I still say the Jets will need to be in the 9-12 per year range to sign Fitz.

Again, read the post you quote and respond to it. Don't then try to say it means something else. People here can read, you know. Nice try though. It's ok to be wrong. Your momma still loves you.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There was an article just 2 days ago suggesting Fitz is the top priority right now.  Macc has also been very good about not letting information leak.  Patience, sir, patience.  The Conquering Hero will return.

B-b-b-b-b-but overpaaaayyyyyyy

C9b7M8b2QDrcgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Archived