Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What's the diff what I think. Fitz has to manage his own money and life and 15 mil is a lot of money to turn down. I think the structuring of the deal is unfair and I'd like to see them offer him a one year contract. Between 8-12. There's plenty of ways to deal with cap problems and it's not just about what's best and most convenient for the Jets.  As far as I'm concerned Mac and Woody put them into this cap situation with the Revis contract. I hope we sign him but I'd like to see our FO compromise and not give him a take it or leave it. He deserves a little more respect than that. 

Lol I'm just trying to understand your STRONG loyality for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Do you know him personally ? A family friend ?go to ranger games together? Your loyality for fitz seems to be much stronger than your loyalty to the jets. 

" deserves a little more respect than that " ? make it sound like he led us into the playoffs, not bomb the game that cost us it. He played for us one yr.. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol I'm just trying to understand your STRONG loyality for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Do you know him personally ? A family friend ?go to ranger games together? Your loyality for fitz seems to be much stronger than your loyalty to the jets. 

" deserves a little more respect than that " ? make it sound like he led us into the playoffs, not bomb the game that cost us it. He played for us one yr.. 

No. I just think he's a good Qb not an All Star who can competently run our offense. I don't know that guy from Adam. I just don't like the way the Jets leaked the contract only mentioning one year. Basically because the 2nd and 3rd years are a bad deal for the player. If he signs ok with me. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because you brought up the Geno 8-8 season as if that means anything.  It doesn't.  It's not hypocritical to suggest Geno deserves little credit for those 8 wins while simultaneously praising Fitz for contributing to a 10-6 season. 

Fitz was a top reason why we went 10-6, with the weak schedule and Brandon Marshall absolutely claiming spots as well.  Meanwhile, not only was that 8-8 Jets team a farce, but even if we went 5-11 like the numbers suggest we SHOULD have gone, Geno would have only been able to claim that he played very well in 2 of those games, 3 at most.  Which is pretty pathetic.  The team sucked AND Geno sucked too, and there was very little to be happy about from that season.  Any other concept of that season is revisionist history.  All that season accomplished was keeping Rex here another unnecessary year. 

Oh come on. I brought it up in a narrow context: that "he" didn't win 8 games so much as the team won 8 games, not comparing the 2013 team to the 2015 team. And the crazy thing is you're agreeing with me in your dispute. 

You go even further, qualifying the losses while, when it was brought up, ignoring similar qualifiers of so many of Fitz's sh*ttiest throws simply because we were fortunate enough to have defenses drop as many picks as they held onto. 

But back to the point you're belaboring, I don't know who you're arguing with. The 2013 team wasn't good, I don't think they were good, and I don't know anyone who thinks they were good. They had a lot of problems.

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No. I just think he's a good Qb not an All Star who can competently run our offense. I don't know that guy from Adam. I just don't like the way the Jets leaked the contract only mentioning one year. Basically because the 2nd and 3rd years are a bad deal for the player. If he signs ok with me. 

He is going to sign with the jets. He has no other real option. And even if bowles was comfortable with geno as #1, he knows they can't go into the season with petty and hackenberg as the backups.. He will sign right before the start of camp, maybe a day late just to play games with the jets..

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

According to some of you brain surgeons anyone could have won 10 games with last year's team because we had favorable weather and a JV schedule. So we might as well sign Dolly then. It would be a heck of a lot more fun than with Geno or Fitz. 

Pretty much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/20/brandon-marshall-initially-thought-eric-decker-was-a-product-of-peyton/

Brandon Marshall initially thought Eric Decker was a “product of Peyton”

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - NOVEMBER 29:  Brandon Marshall #15 of the New York Jets is congratulated by teammate Eric Decker #87 after Marshall scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Miami Dolphins on November 29, 2015 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)Getty Images

Last year, Brandon Marshall and Eric Deckerformed one of the best one-two punches the Jets have ever had at the receiver position. But Marshall, who was traded to the Jets a season after Decker arrived, was skeptical of his teammate at first.

“[H]e told me, ‘I honestly thought you were a product of Peyton [Manning]. Like I didn’t believe you were good,'” Decker told Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday.

Marshall, who was present with Decker for the interview, laughed before confirming his skepticism about Decker.

“I did,” Marshall said. “ ‘Man, it’s not fair, they have Peyton.”

Marshall later became a believer that Decker can play, with or without Peyton.

“He’s probably one of the better route runners in our league,” Marshall said. “And I don’t think people really understand it — I didn’t even really . . . And then, probably during the Indy game [in Week Two], I was like, ‘Wow, this dude is pretty good.'”

They were more than pretty good together, catching 26 touchdown passes from Ryan Fitzpatrick. As to Fitzpatrick, Marshall and Decker are on the same page about the status of their unsigned quarterback.

“It was funny and cool at the beginning,” Marshall said. “Like, you can throw some punchlines in there. But now it’s like, it’s time to roll.”

Marshall and Decker have proven over the years that they can roll with a wide variety of quarterbacks. Whoever is throwing the passes this year, they’ll likely be rolling, again.

And a good comment...

Fitzpatrick was a product of THEM.

Everybody thinks that Fitz suddenly started playing better. No.

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

Football outsiders released their adjusted INT analysis for 2015, fitzpatrick is tied with bortles and winston for the highest rate in the league. but I'm sure this is all invalid, just like all the other statistics that make fitzy look bad :lol:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/adjusted-interceptions-2015

More "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" stats and unnamed intern film analysis eh?  

I'd love to see the same reasoning applied to wins/losses under a QB, like how the Tampa Bay game we won under Geno "shoula" been a loss and "woulda" been if not for a dumb penalty by a TB player at the very end.  I'd also love to see "shoulda" been TD's where players drop passes that should have been caught for TD's.  I think there were at least 5-7 of those, so I will award Fitz a Adjusted TD total of 38 for 2015.  

There is no end to "stats" that coulda, woulda happened but didn't..

At least they were kind enough to knock 1 off Fitz for the INT where Marshall caught it and literally handed it to a defender.  That was nice of them.  Although I notice they didn't knock off any Hail mary's for him, which seems odd to my (perhaps mistaken) memory.  

/shrug 

2015 Fitz:  15 actual INT's, 23 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's., 5 Fumbles = 20 actual TO's, 28 Shoulda TO's

2014 Geno:  13 actual INT's, 15 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's, 8 Fumbles = 21 actual TO's, 23 Shoulda TO's (in 13 games, so 28 Shoulda for 16 Games).

2013 Geno:  21 actual INT's, 26 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's, 8 Fumbles = 29 actual TO's, 34 Shoulda TO's, 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" stats and unnamed intern film analysis eh?  

I'd love to see the same reasoning applied to wins/losses under a QB, like how the Tampa Bay game we won under Geno "shoula" been a loss and "woulda" been if not for a dumb penalty by a TB player at the very end.  I'd also love to see "shoulda" been TD's where players drop passes that should have been caught for TD's.  I think there were at least 5-7 of those, so I will award Fitz a Adjusted TD total of 38 for 2015.  

There is no end to "stats" that coulda, woulda happened but didn't..

At least they were kind enough to knock 1 off Fitz for the INT where Marshall caught it and literally handed it to a defender.  That was nice of them.  Although I notice they didn't knock off any Hail mary's for him, which seems odd to my (perhaps mistaken) memory.  

/shrug 

2015 Fitz:  15 actual INT's, 23 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's., 5 Fumbles = 20 actual TO's, 28 Shoulda TO's

2014 Geno:  13 actual INT's, 15 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's, 8 Fumbles = 21 actual TO's, 23 Shoulda TO's

2013 Geno:  21 actual INT's, 26 woulda, coulda, shoulda INT's, 8 Fumbles = 29 actual TO's, 34 Shoulda TO's, 

Fitz didn't throw any hail mary's last year. Bowles even came out after the first NE game and said Fitzy's feeble arm can't make a throw like that. Maybe you should get an intern to help you out :lol:

16 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Fitz didn't throw any hail mary's last year. Bowles even came out after the first NE game and said Fitzy's feeble arm can't make a throw like that. Maybe you should get an intern to help you out :lol:

Perhaps.  

But I noticed they didn't remove the INT he threw vs. Buffalo that last game where he got crushed mid-throw due to the failure of the O-line.  That's clearly not a "shoulda" on Fitz, but on the O-lineman who let his guy blow threw Fitz.  So thats another -1 Adjusted INT for Fitz.  Can't blame a QB for a duck INT when he's in mid-throw and his O-line simply failed to protect him at all, right?  Woulda, shoulda, coulda, I award that INT to the O-line. 

After all, you're not going to add didn't happen INT's to a guy, but not take away INT's he had no control over and are directly caused by poor O-line play, are you?

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps.  

But I noticed they didn't remove the INT he threw vs. Buffalo that last game where he got crushed mid-throw due to the failure of the O-line.  That's clearly not a "shoulda" on Fitz, but on the O-lineman who let his guy blow threw Fitz.  So thats another -1 Adjusted INT for Fitz.  Can't blame a QB for a duck INT when he's in mid-throw and his O-line simply failed to protect him at all, right?  Woulda, shoulda, coulda, I award that INT to the O-line. 

After all, you're not going to add didn't happen INT's to a guy, but not take away INT's he had no control over and are directly caused by poor O-line play, are you?

It's true that not all INT's are created equal but you could argue that a QB with better awareness or a quicker release wouldn't have thrown a pick there. either way, no stats are perfect but I like what FO is doing here by normalizing their stats with the rest of the league instead of automatically assigning a negative (TWP) to every play like PFF does

On May 20, 2016 at 9:33 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I made a common cultural reference joke and I walked off a cliff? I'm sorry you don't have the background or the wherewithal to comprehend the humor. I'll try to keep my jokes on a much more reduced level so that you can understand them. 

Any news about Fitzpatrick in the latest Tiger Beat? 

Damn!  I read "journeyman" and "AR-15" and thought our Fitz problems were solved.  Alas, it's a different journeyman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/23/journeyman-richard-gordon-arrested-for-hitting-girlfriend-had-ar-15-in-car/

Journeyman Richard Gordon arrested for hitting girlfriend, had AR-15 in car

...  That wasn’t the end of Gordon’s problems, as cops also found an AR-15 rifle visible in the back seat of Gordon’s car, along with two magazines of ammunition and a small amount of marijuana.

The report said he intended to shoot up the Office strip club after he had a confrontation there the night before. The girlfriend said he hadn’t slept in days. ...

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Damn!  I read "journeyman" and "AR-15" and thought our Fitz problems were solved.  Alas, it's a different journeyman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/23/journeyman-richard-gordon-arrested-for-hitting-girlfriend-had-ar-15-in-car/

Journeyman Richard Gordon arrested for hitting girlfriend, had AR-15 in car

...  That wasn’t the end of Gordon’s problems, as cops also found an AR-15 rifle visible in the back seat of Gordon’s car, along with two magazines of ammunition and a small amount of marijuana.

The report said he intended to shoot up the Office strip club after he had a confrontation there the night before. The girlfriend said he hadn’t slept in days. ...

Mike, I just read that you have earned a FItzpatrick bobble head doll with your Jets Reward points!  Expect delivery around early August.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mike, I just read that you have earned a FItzpatrick bobble head doll with your Jets Reward points!  Expect delivery around early August.

Hm, nice!  Don't care for Fitz, but that's better than the last thing I got with those points.  Think it was a coin or something.  At least I could re-gift the bobble head.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Hm, nice!  Don't care for Fitz, but that's better than the last thing I got with those points.  Think it was a coin or something.  At least I could re-gift the bobble head.

It's a very special Bobble Head.  It will have actual Fitzpatrick red beard hair and it will be assembled using pasta for his right arm.

Just now, Dcat said:

It's a very special Bobble Head.  It will have actual Fitzpatrick red beard hair and it will be assembled using pasta for his right arm.

Ha, OK now that I'm keeping.  Might even get a spot on the mantel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/23/eric-decker-wants-resolution-on-ryan-fitzpatrick-before-camp/

Eric Decker wants resolution on Ryan Fitzpatrick before camp

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - NOVEMBER 29:  Eric Decker #87 of the New York Jets celebrates his touchdown with  Ryan Fitzpatrick #14 in the third quarter against the Miami Dolphins on November 29, 2015 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)Getty Images

Jets coach Todd Bowles said last week that there’s no “drop-dead deadline” for the team to come to an agreement with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, but one of Fitzpatrick’s top targets from last season feels like there should be one.

Wide receiver Eric Decker has made it clear this offseason that he’d like to see Fitzpatrick back for a second season leading the Jets offense and said Thursday on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Ovie Mughelli that he believes a deal bringing the quarterback will get done. If he’s wrong, though, Decker said that he thinks the Jets have to move on once training camp gets underway.

“I hope something gets worked out, one way or the other, so we cannot have distractions going into training camp,” Decker said. “I think for any team to have success, you have to have some kind of direction. And, with training camp, that’s where you get the timing, that’s where where you kind of build the team and build your identity. And if it’s still in question marks and you don’t know what’s going on, you’re going to create some kind of issues that we don’t need to have.”

Geno Smith has been working as the No. 1 quarterback this offseason with Fitzpatrick unsigned and would remain in that role if the status quo remains in place, so there isn’t much uncertainty about the Jets’ direction under center without Fitzpatrick on the roster. There is uncertainty about when the Jets would fully commit to going that route, however, and Decker would like to see it disappear sooner rather than later.

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/23/eric-decker-wants-resolution-on-ryan-fitzpatrick-before-camp/

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - NOVEMBER 29:  Eric Decker #87 of the New York Jets celebrates his touchdown with  Ryan Fitzpatrick #14 in the third quarter against the Miami Dolphins on November 29, 2015 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)Getty Images

Jets coach Todd Bowles said last week that there’s no “drop-dead deadline” for the team to come to an agreement with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, but one of Fitzpatrick’s top targets from last season feels like there should be one.

Wide receiver Eric Decker has made it clear this offseason that he’d like to see Fitzpatrick back for a second season leading the Jets offense and said Thursday on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Ovie Mughelli that he believes a deal bringing the quarterback will get done. If he’s wrong, though, Decker said that he thinks the Jets have to move on once training camp gets underway.

“I hope something gets worked out, one way or the other, so we cannot have distractions going into training camp,” Decker said. “I think for any team to have success, you have to have some kind of direction. And, with training camp, that’s where you get the timing, that’s where where you kind of build the team and build your identity. And if it’s still in question marks and you don’t know what’s going on, you’re going to create some kind of issues that we don’t need to have.”

Geno Smith has been working as the No. 1 quarterback this offseason with Fitzpatrick unsigned and would remain in that role if the status quo remains in place, so there isn’t much uncertainty about the Jets’ direction under center without Fitzpatrick on the roster. There is uncertainty about when the Jets would fully commit to going that route, however, and Decker would like to see it disappear sooner rather than later.

Worked out well for Fitz last year.  how much time did he get with ones after geno got knocked out.  i dont remember.

53 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz will sign whatever the jets are offering. But he won't until the last possible minute. Both sides know the deadline. It'd frustrating waiting but fitz wants to be a diva, jets are being smart. He signs with jets, there is nothing else out there for him . They could lower the offer and he still signs 

36 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz will sign whatever the jets are offering. But he won't until the last possible minute. Both sides know the deadline. It'd frustrating waiting but fitz wants to be a diva, jets are being smart. He signs with jets, there is nothing else out there for him . They could lower the offer and he still signs 

Supposedly the CFL starts now.  Not that any of those teams would want Fitz as their starter, but always hope of an injury right?  

If a CFL team's starter goes down and they don't have a good backup, maybe they'd offer Fitz a deal.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Supposedly the CFL starts now.  Not that any of those teams would want Fitz as their starter, but always hope of an injury right?  

If a CFL team's starter goes down and they don't have a good backup, maybe they'd offer Fitz a deal.

Lol.. Well fitz is lucky petty is nowhere near earning a #2, otherwise Bowles would probably say to fitz " best of luck with all your other options"

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. Well fitz is lucky petty is nowhere near earning a #2, otherwise Bowles would probably say to fitz " best of luck with all your other options"

Yup. Petty better be playing Madden like 20 hours a day during the break so he can be ready at the start of camp.

14 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yup. Petty better be playing Madden like 20 hours a day during the break so he can be ready at the start of camp.

Lol.. Well im sure Mac and Bowles must realize they have to trade for a vet to be #2. What will that cost 4 mil? Why not just pay fitz 7? Make geno one of the top #2 in league ready to jump in if fitz falters.. Fitz should thank petty ..

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. Well im sure Mac and Bowles must realize they have to trade for a vet to be #2. What will that cost 4 mil? Why not just pay fitz 7? Make geno one of the top #2 in league ready to jump in if fitz falters.. Fitz should thank petty ..

Not sure where your salary math is coming from ... But even God couldn't make Geno more than a serviceable #2 in the league .

19 minutes ago, ljr said:

Not sure where your salary math is coming from ... But even God couldn't make Geno more than a serviceable #2 in the league .

God may not be able to, but Gailey, Marshall, Decker, Forte, and Geno himself will have Geno performing at a solid #1 level very soon.

Archived