Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure because stats to you are more important than wins. I'll take a plus 6. I don't care about the stats or the "almost stats." 

Are you slow?  

Youll keep plowing away on a tangent instead of just saying, sorry, I thought you meant...wtf.  No one can miss a point this hard to keep telli me that Geno didn't win a game in 2015, no shlt.  And so what

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Warfish said:

By "advanced" you mean the usual "woulda, coulda, shoulda" stats.

The usual mix of "well, that woulda have been an INT (we think) so lets give him another INT" and "that pass coulda been incomplete maybe (we think), so lets call that an Incompletion" and "well, that pass only went X yards, that shoulda been a WR stat really, so lets take away that TD" stat manipulation.

Only Jets Fans could have a QB produce like this, and then spend the entire off-season digging for ways to discredit that QB, so we could play literally (as in actual stats) the worst QB in the NFL the two previous years (without any stat manipulation required).

But hey, if we go back in time and start changing Geno's stats too, give him a few extra TD's he didn't throw because he "woulda", a few less INT's because he "coulda" and a few more completions because he "shoulda", he REALLY is the BEST QB in the NFL after all!!!!  

I SEE THE LIGHT!!!! START GENO AnD DUMP FITZ!!!! THE STATS MAN THE STATS!

Lies, damned lies and (manipulated made-up) statistics as per usual.

Actually that is very inaccurate.. These advance stats give a much more in depth report on a player's performance than just " tds, total yardage, rating.. Some fans can't comprehend anything beyond that though.. If fitz didn't have Marshall or decker, his " basic stats " would be much worse.. I would have given him some slack if he had poor receivers.. So it works the other way if he had 2 outstanding receivers and a smart OC who knows how to hide a qb's weaknesses.. 

This advance stat report shows fitz made many easy 2 yard throws that ending up for longer yardage or tds. A monkey can make those throws..  If this was a Rex Ryan's led offense a qb u could forget about short options throws.. Either run plays or tough passing situation on 3rd and long.. 
   He also had the 2nd worst accuracy rating in the entire NFL.. This isn't nitpicking , this stats show exactly why no one else in the entire NFl is chasing after him..The Denver Broncos have elected to go with mark Sanchez instead for Pete sake ?

50 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Actually that is very inaccurate.. These advance stats give a much more in depth report on a player's performance than just " tds, total yardage, rating.. Some fans can't comprehend anything beyond that though.. If fitz didn't have Marshall or decker, his " basic stats " would be much worse.. I would have given him some slack if he had poor receivers.. So it works the other way if he had 2 outstanding receivers and a smart OC who knows how to hide a qb's weaknesses.. 

This advance stat report shows fitz made many easy 2 yard throws that ending up for longer yardage or tds. A monkey can make those throws..  If this was a Rex Ryan's led offense a qb u could forget about short options throws.. Either run plays or tough passing situation on 3rd and long.. 
   He also had the 2nd worst accuracy rating in the entire NFL.. This isn't nitpicking , this stats show exactly why no one else in the entire NFl is chasing after him..The Denver Broncos have elected to go with mark Sanchez instead for Pete sake ?

Can you fill us in on these super secret advanced stats?

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If these advance stats didn't say what you wanted them to say you wouldn't even be talking about it. They are totally bogus and made up nonsense. Has nothing to do with a real game. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If these advance stats didn't say what you wanted them to say you wouldn't even be talking about it. They are totally bogus and made up nonsense. Has nothing to do with a real game. 

Lol ! And if these advanced stats said fitz is a much BETTER qb than his basic stats say he is you would be citing them every 5 minutes ?

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ! And if these advanced stats said fitz is a much BETTER qb than his basic stats say he is you would be citing them every 5 minutes ?

There are some advanced stats that have Fitz in the middle of the pack for starting QBs. None of these idiots who put the advanced stats have a fkng clue of how to use the stats they put out, it's a bunch of nonsense. Like the utter garbage that PFF puts out, bunch of wannabe quant losers.

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No I wouldn't. Because its stupid s and not real football. If you want to get him get him on something legit. Keep digging you'll find plenty. 

11 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

There are some advanced stats that have Fitz in the middle of the pack for starting QBs. None of these idiots who put the advanced stats have a fkng clue of how to use the stats they put out, it's a bunch of nonsense. Like the utter garbage that PFF puts out, bunch of wannabe quant losers.

Funny how such a good completely healthy qb has only one offer on the table right before training camp.. I guess all the other teams in the nfl That do not have a superstar are all just plain stupid.. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Funny how such a good completely healthy qb has only one offer on the table right before training camp.. I guess all the other teams in the nfl That do not have a superstar are all just plain stupid.. 

Give us all the teams who don't have a QB that is either really good, or really young, or contractually obligated to. Put it up with your advanced stats......

4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Jets are keeping Geno from being a true star in this league. Your right! If he got drafted by any other team we would talk about Geno like we talk about Rodgers.

I have no love for Geno Smith. That said....

Where Geno is in his career right now, Aaron Rodgers was preparing to start for the first time in his career. Had Rodgers started his career starting as a rookie under Rex and Idzik, we very well could be talking about them the same way. 

25 minutes ago, slats said:

Where Geno is in his career right now, Aaron Rodgers was preparing to start for the first time in his career. Had Rodgers started his career starting as a rookie under Rex and Idzik, we very well could be talking about them the same way. 

I have a friend who lives in Wi, they call Aaron Rodgers the white Geno Smith out there.  

Could is not strong enough, would is a better choice of words there.

5 hours ago, slats said:

Geno Smith = Next Aaron Rodgers, got it.

Fitz tho, actually worst QB in NFL because of "advanced stats".

:Jetsfans:

6 hours ago, slats said:

Excellent post.  

8 hours ago, slats said:

I really hope you were smoking Peyote when you typed this.... I had a triple espresso this morning, let me try....

Had Mark Sanchez sat behind Favre for 3 years, we could be talking about Mark Sanchez as the greatest QB in the game right now, in the same way we talk about Rogers.

2 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Excellent post.  

#intellect

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I am still waiting for your advanced statistics and your list of teams that were even a realistic option to sign a starting QB this year....... Actually, Geno is waiting too, don't make him wait please.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Geno Smith = Next Aaron Rodgers, got it.

Fitz tho, actually worst QB in NFL because of "advanced stats".

:Jetsfans:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. 

@domcosentino When is Fitzpatrick signing

Right around the start of training camp on July 27. Might even be a day or two before or a day or two after. But if this thing drags on much beyond that, the Jets will eventually get on with their lives without him.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/07/how_much_faith_do_jets_have_in_geno_smith_mailbag.html#incart_river_index

10 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have a friend who lives in Wi, they call Aaron Rodgers the white Geno Smith out there.  

Could is not strong enough, would is a better choice of words there.

Your Opposite Day sarcasm is always such a special treat. 

For people not trying to read in their own agenda, the point is pretty obvious. Not that Geno would ever have been Aaron Rodgers, but that if Rodgers had started as a rookie under Rex and Geno's supporting cast, I doubt he would've looked like one of the best QBs in the league after his second year. To say the least. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

For people not trying to read in their own agenda, the point is pretty obvious. Not that Geno would ever have been Aaron Rodgers, but that if Rodgers had started as a rookie under Rex and Geno's supporting cast, I doubt he would've looked like one of the best QBs in the league after his second year. To say the least. 

We could go around in circles with every Qb who ever played in the NFL and find variables they claim were not in their favor. I mean some guys who were very good college Qbs got no starts in the NFL their entire career. They never got any kind of opportunity. They were judged alone in practice etc never in a game which is totally different. To me Rodgers would have been good to great in any situation. Same goes for Brady etc. So to me if you get a chance to play (no matter what the supporting cast and I disagree that it was that bad in 2013 and 2014) you as a Qb who wants an NFL career you have to play well and bring your teammates up a level not down. IMO the worst player on the 2013 and 2014 Jets was Geno. btw if your argument against Fitz is that he never was in a playoff and losing records, well what about the teams he played on. Not exactly world beaters. Why no excuses for him, then.

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rangers9 forgot to mention Fitz had the easiest schedule in the league the best OC in the league and 2 of the best WRs in the league ......carry on 

now chan gailey is the best oc in the league? some posters on this board completely lost their minds

50 minutes ago, slats said:

I am glad you appreciate my sarcasm. I am thinking of asking the site to pay me to post here, but for now, I will contribute for free.....

I have no agenda, I am more than willing to be wrong, and will happily create a list of times I was wrong for better, or for worse as it turned out for the Jets. Those with an agenda, are those who are unwilling to ever admit they were ever wrong, and fight their point to the death.....

Even if we go on the notion that your point is obvious, which I don't agree, the reason for your point is to prop up Geno for some reason. You were Rex's biggest supporter, and claimed that Sanchez was given a great situation to succeed, yet you want to argue that Geno was put in a horrid situation? While I will acknowledge that the running game was better in 09 than in Geno's rookie year, the offense had a similar composition, and Ivory was a beast, and the Oline was pretty damn good. In addition, while I am no MM fan, he was light years better than Schitty was.

Bringing Aaron Rodgers who is the best QB on the planet IMO, into any discussion with Geno, is beyond my mental grasp, regardless of the situation.

14 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I am glad you appreciate my sarcasm. I am thinking of asking the site to pay me to post here, but for now, I will contribute for free.....

I have no agenda, I am more than willing to be wrong, and will happily create a list of times I was wrong for better, or for worse as it turned out for the Jets. Those with an agenda, are those who are unwilling to ever admit they were ever wrong, and fight their point to the death.....

Even if we go on the notion that your point is obvious, which I don't agree, the reason for your point is to prop up Geno for some reason. You were Rex's biggest supporter, and claimed that Sanchez was given a great situation to succeed, yet you want to argue that Geno was put in a horrid situation? While I will acknowledge that the running game was better in 09 than in Geno's rookie year, the offense had a similar composition, and Ivory was a beast, and the Oline was pretty damn good. In addition, while I am no MM fan, he was light years better than Schitty was.

Bringing Aaron Rodgers who is the best QB on the planet IMO, into any discussion with Geno, is beyond my mental grasp, regardless of the situation.

You mentioned Rodgers, I pointed out that Rodgers had three years to sit and learn behind Brett Favre. I don't like Geno, and expect him to be gone after this season. I do, however, definitely believe that he would've been a better QB if he had sat a year or two instead of getting thrown into the fire. Not saying great by any means, but certainly better. 

I also, however, have not been seduced by Fitzpatrick's 31 TDs or 10 wins against an historically easy schedule, with particularly easy defensive opponents, in unbelievably mild football weather - right up until the last week of the season when his weak arm was demonstrably exposed. I don't see the team going to the Super Bowl this year with either Fitzpatrick or Geno, and I definitely don't think that Fitzpatrick is worth $15M guaranteed more than Geno for whatever it is he brings. I'd rather give Geno a chance to show something, and maybe sign for enough money next year that he nets the Jets a comp pick in 2018. 

I understand the front office's desire to lock him up for three years to stabilize the the (backup) QB position, and if he signs the deal on the table I'll greet that news with a hearty, "meh." If the Jets give him a one year deal, or sweeten the pot in any way, I'll be disappointed. If anything, they should set a firm deadline and withdraw the offer. They've been more than patient and more than generous with him. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

You mentioned Rodgers, I pointed out that Rodgers had three years to sit and learn behind Brett Favre. I don't like Geno, and expect him to be gone after this season. I do, however, definitely believe that he would've been a better QB if he had sat a year or two instead of getting thrown into the fire. Not saying great by any means, but certainly better. 

I also, however, have not been seduced by Fitzpatrick's 31 TDs or 10 wins against an historically easy schedule, with particularly easy defensive opponents, in unbelievably mild football weather - right up until the last week of the season when his weak arm was demonstrably exposed. I don't see the team going to the Super Bowl this year with either Fitzpatrick or Geno, and I definitely don't think that Fitzpatrick is worth $15M guaranteed more than Geno for whatever it is he brings. I'd rather give Geno a chance to show something, and maybe sign for enough money next year that he nets the Jets a comp pick in 2018. 

I understand the front office's desire to lock him up for three years to stabilize the the (backup) QB position, and if he signs the deal on the table I'll greet that news with a hearty, "meh." If the Jets give him a one year deal, or sweeten the pot in any way, I'll be disappointed. If anything, they should set a firm deadline and withdraw the offer. They've been more than patient and more than generous with him. 

Great points. And I do think that the "Fitzpatrick being passed over by 31 other teams" is more in response to the constant "Fitzpatrick is SO MUCH BETTER than Geno Smith and should be paid starter money" argument. 

Both are a bit extreme. At the end of the day though, it seems like the Jets are more willing to see what Geno can provide with help/talent around him than to pay Fitzpatrick 15+ million when they know that he benefited from that very same help/talent around him last year....something Geno never had and Fitzpatrick never had (in that abundance) before last season. 

49 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

You'd like that wouldn't you?  You may get your wish, it very well may be Geno's time to start.

I prefer a better QB than Geno, but he's the best we have.  Hack & Pett not ready... Fitz is a waste of time.

So, just like your alias board name states, its #GenoTime... 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

fitz.0.gif

Jets fans posting Patriots highlights on a Jets board.  Awesome.  Where did this rank on  your top 5 moments of 2015?  

11 hours ago, slats said:

there is NO DOUBT certain systems and the right situations (coaching/Players) have a huge Impact on QB's the problem with Geno is he has Issues with the basics , big issues and there is simply no way around that. In the case of Sanchez he started out his first pre season and first few games pretty good and regressed from that point on. The Rex/Shotty debacle surely ruined him because you could see Sanchez had the basics down and his biggest problem was his poor handling of the football and his pre snap reads. Geno fails in just about every category and I highly doubt Rodgers would have been remotely close to that even if he played for the Jets. Rodgers is the best QB in the game for good reason and he didn't come out of college as bad as some here say he did that's a huge myth and I'm sick of reading it.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its Jets highlights did you see the form on Fitzpatrick its perfect way better than Geno. 

So when a Patriot player hits the Jets QB you describe that as a Jets highlight?  Spoken like a true Pats fan.

Archived