Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I agree that the jets have a decent balanced roster so my expectations aren't too low, but the defense still has to take that next step into the elite category with some young talent. Hopefully williams/milliner and lee can solidify things there but they are going to have their hands full this season. it sucks the jets don't get to face NE in the first 4 weeks, that gives buffalo a huge advantage in the division

At first I was ticked we didn't get to play the Pats during the suspension, but quickly changed that opinion.

With Brady, NE probably beats Miami and Buffalo.  Now there's a decent chance they enter week 5 at 0-4 or 1-3.  All while still having two games remaining against their toughest divisional opponent left. 

When we play the Pats twice at the end of the year, those games are gonna be some huge battles that will determine the division.  Looking forward to it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I was ticked we didn't get to play the Pats during the suspension, but quickly changed that opinion.

With Brady, NE probably beats Miami and Buffalo.  Now there's a decent chance they enter week 5 at 0-4 or 1-3.  All while still having two games remaining against their toughest divisional opponent left. 

When we play the Pats twice at the end of the year, those games are gonna be some huge battles that will determine the division.  Looking forward to it.

1) Even without Brady, the worst the Pats will do is 2-2, more likely they will be 3-1.

2) Those late season games versus the Jets will be meaningless. Pats will already have the AFCE wrapped up and the Jets will be fighting to finish the season with 6 or 7 wins.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The week 2 @ buffalo game is going to be hugely important. if the jets lose up there buffalo would be 2-0 in division by week 4 and the jets will be in a tough spot of the schedule. but who knows maybe the team finds a spark and shocks the world. I'd say we're all due for a pleasant surprise

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

1) Even without Brady, the worst the Pats will do is 2-2, more likely they will be 3-1.

2) Those late season games versus the Jets will be meaningless. Pats will already have the AFCE wrapped up and the Jets will be fighting to finish the season with 6 or 7 wins.

The pats aren't beating Houston or AZ without brady, so you're assuming you're going to run the table against Miami and buffalo? I don't see it happening. 1-3 at best

10 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you think Brady is one of the best QBs of all time?  If so, you can't just assume the team will be fine without him as they rely on a guy who's never played before.  

Think you may really be underestimating the importance of Brady to your team.  The Oline is horrible.  It takes a guy like Brady and the relationships he has with the WRs/TEs to get that ball out consistently in 3 seconds.

One of the knocks on Garoppolo is that he holds the ball too long.  Now what do you think will happen vs:

1. Arizona.  Lol, Even with Brady, that game is a loss.
  2. Miami.  Best chance to win, but Suh will be after Garoppolo all day.
  3. Texans.  Ha, really looking forward to Watt vs that oline.
  4. Buffalo.  Are ya kidding me?  Rex will scheme up a nightmare for the kid.

At best the Pats are 2-2.  Most likely 1-3 or 0-4.

Do you think Brady is one of the best QBs of all time?  If so, you can't just assume the team will be fine without him as they rely on a guy who's never played before.  

Think you make really be underestimating the importance of Brady to your team.  The Oline is horrible.  It takes a guy like Brady and the relationship he has with the WRs/TEs to get that ball out consistently in 3 seconds.

One of the knocks on Garoppolo is he hold the ball.  Now what do you think will happen vs:

1. Arizona.  Lol, Even with Brady, that game is a loss.
  2. Miami.  Best chance to win, but Suh will be after Garoppolo all day.
  3. Texans.  Ha, really looking forward to Watt vs that oline.
  4. Buffalo.  Are ya kidding me?  Rex will scheme up a nightmare for the kid.
At best the Pats are 2-2.  Most likely 1-3 or 0-4.

Damn, you guys love the month of July.

Too bad September always has to roll around.

11 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The week 2 @ buffalo game is going to be hugely important. if the jets lose up there buffalo would be 2-0 in division by week 4 and the jets will be in a tough spot of the schedule. but who knows maybe the team finds a spark and shocks the world. I'd say we're all due for a pleasant surprise

I have an idea where to find that spark.  Especially vs Buffalo.  Our starting QB last year didn't have much luck vs Rex.  You can't play a QB who is that limited vs Rex.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Can't let Pat fans have all the fun here in July.  They're going nuts over there on PatsFans... (Absolutely hysterical to read through the Brady/Court threads today.  Highly recommended for anyone looking for some laughs. :D )

Can't let Pat fans have all the fun here in July.  They're going nuts over there on PatsFans... (Absolutely hysterical to read through the Brady/Court threads today.  Highly recommended for anyone looking for some laughs.  )

And Jets fans wonder why Pats fans post here.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And Jets fans wonder why Pats fans post here.

Hey I'm all for inter-team posting.  I post over there a bunch and think you add an interesting view to things here.

In fact, the bad part about opposing fans/views most of the time (barring a complete @sshole of course), are the board members who assume an opposing fan is automatically a troll.  Their constant complaints and requests for banning are what gets annoying.

On 7/13/2016 at 9:57 PM, Mike135 said:

Anyone catch the Fantasy show on NFL Network tonight?  They were discussing Marshall (ranked #21) and they seemed pretty sure Geno was gonna be the QB.

Even said something like, "Looks like Fitz isn't going to be back."

Now maybe I'm just trying to keep my expectations low for this season, expecting Fitz to be back.  Like a self defense thing against the big letdown when it's announced Fitz is signed.  Then if Geno actually does start and we don't waste the money on Fitz... get really psyched for a playoff run.

Though still gotta figure it's at least 60/40 in favor of Fitz coming back right?

Sports analysts don't know sh*t.

Fantasy sports analysts know even less.

On 7/13/2016 at 9:57 PM, Mike135 said:

Anyone catch the Fantasy show on NFL Network tonight?  They were discussing Marshall (ranked #21) and they seemed pretty sure Geno was gonna be the QB.

Even said something like, "Looks like Fitz isn't going to be back."

Now maybe I'm just trying to keep my expectations low for this season, expecting Fitz to be back.  Like a self defense thing against the big letdown when it's announced Fitz is signed.  Then if Geno actually does start and we don't waste the money on Fitz... get really psyched for a playoff run.

Though still gotta figure it's at least 60/40 in favor of Fitz coming back right?

I was just hearing how a Wilkerson was not going to get done, and that there was a good chance he would never play for us again. 

That does sound like a good fantasy show though, where Geno goes on a magical playoff run. 

On July 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Like September, which we all know will come, you're the first POS to troll, no matter the topic.

How can anyone be so miserable. You used to be amusing, now your just an annoyance 

Just now, Mike135 said:

Lol agreed.  However, still looking for 2016 cap hit details for Wilk's deal, but it probably frees up cap space.

Could be step 1 to signing Fitz sadly.

Thats fine we root for Fitzpatrick and when he falters we remind them ALL 

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sports analysts don't know sh*t.

Fantasy sports analysts know even less.

Matthew Berry is supposed to know everything he goes on Howard Stern's fantasy league and loses to Michael Rapaport whose team was drafted by his 12 yr old son

From a Cimini tweet

2. The big question: Is QB Ryan Fitzpatrick next?

Wilkerson's deal should create more flexibility in the Fitzpatrick negotiations because it opens the possibility of a one-year deal. The Jets had only $3.4 million in cap space before the Wilkerson contract, but that should grow by a few million because they no longer have to carry his bloated franchise tag ($15.7 million). The Jets haven't been keen on the idea of a one-year deal; perhaps this changes things.

While I do not think Mac will negotiate against himself, if the Jets truly want Fitz to start, the Wilk deal may allow them to structure a shorter contract to sign Fitz.  I do not know whether or not they are truly comfortable with Geno starting , we may now find out.

12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

From a Cimini tweet

2. The big question: Is QB Ryan Fitzpatrick next?

Wilkerson's deal should create more flexibility in the Fitzpatrick negotiations because it opens the possibility of a one-year deal. The Jets had only $3.4 million in cap space before the Wilkerson contract, but that should grow by a few million because they no longer have to carry his bloated franchise tag ($15.7 million). The Jets haven't been keen on the idea of a one-year deal; perhaps this changes things.

While I do not think Mac will negotiate against himself, if the Jets truly want Fitz to start, the Wilk deal may allow them to structure a shorter contract to sign Fitz.  I do not know whether or not they are truly comfortable with Geno starting , we may now find out.

Jason from OTC wrote a critical article about Mo's new deal. He points out that while the extension should free up some money, it's not a ton. More like $3-5M. Basically gives them enough room to sign their first round pick and cover basic operating costs, contingency funds, that sort of thing. I really don't think there's a lot of impact here on the Fitz situation. More money still needs to be freed up to execute the offer they've had on the table since March. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Jason from OTC wrote a critical article about Mo's new deal. He points out that while the extension should free up some money, it's not a ton. More like $3-5M. Basically gives them enough room to sign their first round pick and cover basic operating costs, contingency funds, that sort of thing. I really don't think there's a lot of impact here on the Fitz situation. More money still needs to be freed up to execute the offer they've had on the table since March. 

Dan Graziano of ESPN reports the Jets have created $5.7 million in new cap space with Muhammad Wilkerson's new contract.

So the Jets save $5.701 million on this year's cap with Wilkerson deal. Makes a 1-yr deal for Fitzpatrick possible, if they want.

Wilkerson was previously set to count $15.7 million against the cap had he played on the franchise tag.

Functionally speaking, this could save a player like Breno Giacomini or Nick Folk from being cut if the Jets do re-sign Fitzpatrick. It also could open the door for a veteran cap signing if the Jets do not bring out Fitzpatrick. That probably would have been off the table without the new deal for Wilkerson.

Obviously, with the short-term cap savings, the Jets have added big cap hits onto future seasons with the new contract for Wilkerson.

Hat tip to GGN's Holdout for directing us to this tweet.

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Dan Graziano of ESPN reports the Jets have created $5.7 million in new cap space with Muhammad Wilkerson's new contract.

So the Jets save $5.701 million on this year's cap with Wilkerson deal. Makes a 1-yr deal for Fitzpatrick possible, if they want.

Wilkerson was previously set to count $15.7 million against the cap had he played on the franchise tag.

Functionally speaking, this could save a player like Breno Giacomini or Nick Folk from being cut if the Jets do re-sign Fitzpatrick. It also could open the door for a veteran cap signing if the Jets do not bring out Fitzpatrick. That probably would have been off the table without the new deal for Wilkerson.

Obviously, with the short-term cap savings, the Jets have added big cap hits onto future seasons with the new contract for Wilkerson.

Hat tip to GGN's Holdout for directing us to this tweet.

Again, they still need to free up money to do the 3/$24M deal. Still have to sign Darron Lee. These guys speculating on the one year deal are guys who have been speculating about a one year deal for a while. I think (hope!) the Jets hold firm on the three year deal. Fitz is not a good enough QB, and the Jets playoff chances aren't so good, that he's worth a one year contract. The value in Fitzpatrick is as the example/mentor for Hackenberg and Petty. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Again, they still need to free up money to do the 3/$24M deal. Still have to sign Darron Lee. These guys speculating on the one year deal are guys who have been speculating about a one year deal for a while. I think (hope!) the Jets hold firm on the three year deal. Fitz is not a good enough QB, and the Jets playoff chances aren't so good, that he's worth a one year contract. The value in Fitzpatrick is as the example/mentor for Hackenberg and Petty. 

Absolutely agree.

If we go with Geno this yr. and he gives us competent play, next yr. the Jets can go after Glennon in FA (Osweiller $) on a 3 yr. deal or maybe Hack is ready to step up.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Absolutely agree.

If we go with Geno this yr. and he gives us competent play, next yr. the Jets can go after Glennon in FA (Osweiller $) on a 3 yr. deal or maybe Hack is ready to step up.

Im hoping Geno gives us more and turns out to be the franchise QB we all want and deserve i dont want to go through another off season with QB issues especially with the likes of Glennon being discussed daily here. 

Archived