Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

We all want more.  More does not exist on our roster today.  Or in Free Agency today.

We can either accept competent but average play, or we can roll the dice on a to-date failure.  

Not the best of choices to have to make.

Fitz isnt a to-date failure? WTF was week 17? WTF has his career been? WTF are you smoking? 

And if you look at his Jets year as a reason not to call him a to-date-failure, then what I'll say is "last year we took a to-date-failure who never matched as many wins in a season in his 10 years that Geno had his rookie year leading up to last season and with the talent around him made him a 10 win QB who given what he is simply couldnt put it together week 17". 

You dont give that 12 million dollars and a guaranteed starting position, especially when he was considered a to-date failure just 15 mins ago AND has the history of making a team who gives him a large contract regret the fact that they did. 

What you do is roll the dice because the purpose is to find a QB, not blow money on a bridge/never was/completely worthless unless in Chan's system and now THAT'S debatable QB. 

lol. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AFJF said:

We actually agree here because your question makes 100% perfect sense, and the only answer I keep coming up with is "because Geno is next in line".

I'd love for this team to feel like they had a better/younger/cheaper option than Fitz but clearly they do not.

They may end up having to start Geno if Fitz is stupid enough to screw this up, but they've made it clear for months now that they believe Fitz is the better player.

Clearly, I defer to Macc and Bowles, but if Fitz walks, I hope it turns out they were wrong and one of the other 3 QB's is better than Fitz and succeeds under Gailey.

Most of the Geno worship secret handshake club refuse to acknowledge anything with reason / facts / truth involved ... haven't seen you join in the secret ceremony before ... So perhaps it's worth giving real answer.

His quote was:

"For the life of me I can't figure out why the Jets haven't said see ya to Fitz yet.  "

You our nailed part of the answer ... Because Geno is the alternative ... Who Mac & Bowles believe to be a significant step down.

the other big part though is because it is the offseason !  What difference does it make if he signed last month , last week, next week, or 5am the morning of Training Camp July 27th ???  He is not missing anything ... Nor are his team-mates.

it's a pain in the *$$ for us fans to not know yet & have to wait ... So was the time leading up to Christmas as a kid ... Once Dec 25th got here though it was f*cking great!

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz isnt a to-date failure? WTF was week 17? WTF has his career been? WTF are you smoking? 

And if you look at his Jets year as a reason not to call him a to-date-failure, then what I'll say is "last year we took a to-date-failure who never matched as many wins in a season in his 10 years that Geno had his rookie year leading up to last season and with the talent around him made him a 10 win QB who given what he is simply couldnt put it together week 17". 

You dont give that 12 million dollars and a guaranteed starting position, especially when he was considered a to-date failure just 15 mins ago AND has the history of making a team who gives him a large contract regret the fact that they did. 

What you do is roll the dice because the purpose is to find a QB, not blow money on a bridge/never was/completely worthless unless in Chan's system and now THAT'S debatable QB. 

lol. 

Derp421.jpg

But word from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport on Monday was the Jets wanted to see Geno Smith with the starters for some practice reps before re-upping Fitzpatrick. If they don't know what Smith already is, that's a concern.

This quote is actually the most we've heard in quite some time. The fitz deal may not even be on the table right now

25 minutes ago, cant wait said:

But word from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport on Monday was the Jets wanted to see Geno Smith with the starters for some practice reps before re-upping Fitzpatrick. If they don't know what Smith already is, that's a concern.

This quote is actually the most we've heard in quite some time. The fitz deal may not even be on the table right now

We can probably give this quote as much merit as Cimini's post that Mo wouldn't get signed

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

You do know that sentence is 100% wrong & he has stated himself that he doesnt want to retire.

flame on Mcsparkler

Well dummy.. He doesn't want to retire.. He wants to play for 16 million a yr.. Which the entire league laughed at.. He is pouting and being stubborn now.. If he wanted to play so bad he would have already signed.. But he and his agent still remain FAR apart from the jets offer.. Which means he is willing to go the alternative.. Which the only other alternative genius is to retire..

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well dummy.. He doesn't want to retire.. He wants to play for 16 million a yr.. Which the entire league laughed at.. He is pouting and being stubborn now.. If he wanted to play so bad he would have already signed.. But he and his agent still remain FAR apart from the jets offer.. Which means he is willing to go the alternative.. Which the only other alternative genius is to retire..

Lol ... Interesting how you know so much about what Ryan Fitzpatrick wants , how he acts, and the details between his agent & the Jets Front Office.

thank you so much for passing all that on to the rest of us ... I'm sure the rest of the forum is as grateful for that as I !

do you even know the name of his agent? How about what tactics said agent is known for?

let me see how long it takes Mr. Wizard21 to come up with a plausible response to this

... Unless you take the only other alternative genius and retire for the night.

toooo funny!

Just now, ljr said:

Lol ... Interesting how you know so much about what Ryan Fitzpatrick wants , how he acts, and the details between his agent & the Jets Front Office.

thank you so much for passing all that on to the rest of us ... I'm sure the rest of the forum is as grateful for that as I !

do you even know the name of his agent? How about what tactics said agent is known for?

let me see how long it takes Mr. Wizard21 to come up with a plausible response to this

... Unless you take the only other alternative genius and retire for the night.

toooo funny!

Sexton

And do you honestly believe a agent has anything to do with this? Fitz could easily tell him, I will take that deal.. His agent can't force Ryan Fitzpatrick upon teams ? Gms aren't stupid.. Agents can't create a market for their players when NO ONE is interested !

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Celebrating or stating factual information, big difference hard to comprehend for some.

Yes, because Patriots highlight videos contain "factual information" that can't be expressed in words.

Good one, Tx.

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Halfway ... Nice Google ... Now try for the more difficult part

You are just as dumb as his agent moron ? Me knowing his agent's name has nothing to do with anything.. Even an idiot like you could get a great player like Von Miller a great deal.. Not even God could trick gms into over paying for a weak arm journeyman like Ryan Fitzpatrick

Just now, AFJF said:

Yes, because Patriots highlight videos contain "factual information" that can't be expressed in words.

Good one, Tx.

Lets see BB and Tom Brady NFLs best Gronkowski the best TE in football all truth and facts.

Look through the hate

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lets see BB and Tom Brady NFLs best Gronkowski the best TE in football all truth and facts.

Look through the hate

And what does that have to do with you posting a Pats highlight of a defender hitting Fitz's arm as he throws?  Zero. It's a chance for you to laud the Patriots and rip Fitz in a Jets discussion.  

There are fans, and there are casual observers with a passing interest.  Using Pats highlights to rip a Jets QB tells me which one you are.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You are just as dumb as his agent moron ? Me knowing his agent's name has nothing to do with anything.. Even an idiot like you could get a great player like Von Miller a great deal.. Not even God could trick gms into over paying for a weak arm journeyman like Ryan Fitzpatrick

Good bob & weave for not knowing the answer McWaffler21 !

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Jets haven't negotiated with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick in "over a month."

Not even the cap room created by Muhammad Wilkerson's extension has been able to get the ball rolling in talks. The sides still badly need each other, but it's possible bitterness has set in. If Fitz isn't back within the first few days of camp, things will really get serious.

Jul 19 - 7:57 PM

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Look through the hate

The hate is coming from the two of you. Any chance you can get to rip Fitz even if it's praising the cheaters you guys jump on it. It's getting old already. Fitz is what he is, and that's far better than Geno. You guys are blinded by hatred and this misguided notion that Geno never got a chance. Fitz not only had bad offenses but horrible defenses in his past. Geno had top a top defense in both of his years and had only not to screw the pooch, but could never do it. We were all rooting for him at the time. Fitz was never voted worst QB in the league and never finished below 32. Forget the numbers and just watch the games. I know you can't do that, but at least admit to yourself that you're no where near objective. 

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

And what does that have to do with you posting a Pats highlight of a defender hitting Fitz's arm as he throws?  Zero. It's a chance for you to laud the Patriots and rip Fitz in a Jets discussion.  

There are fans, and there are casual observers with a passing interest.  Using Pats highlights to rip a Jets QB tells me which one you are.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I was showing Fitz during weak times I couldn't find any pics of the 3 INTs in a row against the Bills or I would have posted them as well but you got the point.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I was showing Fitz during weak times I couldn't find any pics of the 3 INTs in a row against the Bills or I would have posted them as well but you got the point.

No, of course you couldn't.  Google hasn't been invented yet.

And yes Tx, I got the point.  

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The hate is coming from the two of you. Any chance you can get to rip Fitz even if it's praising the cheaters you guys jump on it. It's getting old already. Fitz is what he is, and that's far better than Geno. You guys are blinded by hatred and this misguided notion that Geno never got a chance. Fitz not only had bad offenses but horrible defenses in his past. Geno had top a top defense in both of his years and had only not to screw the pooch, but could never do it. We were all rooting for him at the time. Fitz was never voted worst QB in the league and never finished below 32. Forget the numbers and just watch the games. I know you can't do that, but at least admit to yourself that you're no where near objective. 

This

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Jets haven't negotiated with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick in "over a month."

Not even the cap room created by Muhammad Wilkerson's extension has been able to get the ball rolling in talks. The sides still badly need each other, but it's possible bitterness has set in. If Fitz isn't back within the first few days of camp, things will really get serious.

Jul 19 - 7:57 PM

Possible / if / will really get

the media does not know

this is the Mac/Bowles leadership not the Idzik/Rex leadership

we certainly should see some movement by the start of TC July 27th

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hope the Jets win like the Patriots probably did

While I could never do it myself because I'm a die-hard fan, there's always a part of me that's a little bit jealous of fans who root for more than one team.  Much better chance at a SB winner when you align yourself with multiple teams.

That being said, if the Jets win one in my lifetime, it'll be that much sweeter knowing I didn't  jump on a bandwagon to get what really equates to a watered down celebration.

I wish I could say the Brady suspension would impact your Pats this year, but let's be honest, you and Tx will be celebrating another division title when all is said and done.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

While I could never do it myself because I'm a die-hard fan, there's always a part of me that's a little bit jealous of fans who root for more than one team.  Much better chance at a SB winner when you align yourself with multiple teams.

That being said, if the Jets win one in my lifetime, it'll be that much sweeter knowing I didn't  jump on a bandwagon to get what really equates to a watered down celebration.

I wish I could say the Brady suspension would impact your Pats this year, but let's be honest, you and Tx will be celebrating another division title when all is said and done.

Put down the crack pipe I root for 1 team the NY Jets again your reading comprehension skills aren't working or you are altered never did I say anywhere I root for the Patriots to win anything.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Put down the crack pipe I root for 1 team the NY Jets again your reading comprehension skills aren't working or you are altered never did I say anywhere I root for the Patriots to win anything.

You didn't have to say it.  You posted the video to show it.

Take care

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

whatever you say. I'd wager that anyone the jets want on the team badly, are on the team. 

I assume you realize that is not an answer.  You need to get on the same page as the rest of you Smith Fans.  They all say Fitzpatrick is asking for too much money.  Are you suggesting the Jets should pay Fitz what he is asking for?

The situation is actually quite clear.  The Jets would much rather have Fitzpatrick than Smith.  But they do not want to pay more than they think they have to.  Whether they are currently offering "enough" is the real question, and related to that is whether they will offer more to get it done, or Fitz breaks and accepts, or they end up F'ing themselves and starting the season with the awful Smith as their starting Qb.

11 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I assume you realize that is not an answer.  You need to get on the same page as the rest of you Smith Fans.  They all say Fitzpatrick is asking for too much money.  Are you suggesting the Jets should pay Fitz what he is asking for?

The situation is actually quite clear.  The Jets would much rather have Fitzpatrick than Smith.  But they do not want to pay more than they think they have to.  Whether they are currently offering "enough" is the real question, and related to that is whether they will offer more to get it done, or Fitz breaks and accepts, or they end up F'ing themselves and starting the season with the awful Smith as their starting Qb.

Actually on a one year deal there doesn't have to be that much difference in money. You start negotiating at 12 mil and go down from there. Maybe he'd take 8 or 9. As for the two indentured servitude clauses those will have to be dropped. They don't need Fitz as their insurance policy. They can go in another direction without Fitz. Like sign Hoyer (who will be a UFA in 2017) to back up Hack and there will be other guys available who can start if Hack is not ready.  Or go for it and sign another starting Qb like Tyrod Taylor. Plus they save guaranteed money. So it's stupid to go further in that direction by Mac if that is the point of contention which it seems to be. 

Archived