Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

I'm starting to agree with 90% of Jets fans who think you are absolutely clueless.

Brady has 4 Super Bowl rings and Fitz has never played in a playoff game.

Go shoot Bambi and calm down.

Nobody gives a f*ck about 4 tainted championships. The fact is, Brady folded up like a cheap suit in the face of the big game. Fitz did the very same thing in the Buffalo game. Is it convenient for you to attack me, rather than face the facts?

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Interesting, what positions do you think need improving?

Most of all the OL. Mac completely ignoring the need at OL is inexcusable. Yeah, sure he drafted Shell in the 5th round and mortgaged our future in the meantime. But the guy still doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the short term and he'll never be a starter. The OL is where I believe this season will go disastrously wrong.

TE - Not drafting a real live TE and not some H back chump in Jace Amaro was also a major need that was ignored. In other words, what lays ahead is collectively two seasons completely ignoring TE passing options, essentially making the passing game ONE dimensional.

Besides that WR, FB, RB

Mac pretty much ignored any needs on the offensive side of the ball in the last draft. That is inexcusable and it will certainly cost this team THIS season.

Fitz is a leader, he's just not a very good quarterback. Being a leader and being a good QB arent mutually exclusive. If Fitz QB skills were as good as his leadership qualities he'd be a top 10 QB in the league. His leadership has kept him around the NFL for 11 years, however, his inconsistent QB skills is the reason why he's been on 6 teams in 11 seasons. This is what some Jets fans don who criticize Geno dont understand. Fitz is a great leader...sure, he's not a very good QB though. Throwing up past season stats dont really tell the story. 

Here are of some examples of guys who are the opposite of Fitzpatrick.

Jay Cutler is a good QB, not a good leader

Matt Stafford is a good QB, not a good leader. 

Ryan Tannehill is an okay QB, not a good leader.

Imo, saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt a leader after watching Jets football last season is equivalent to saying that Geno Smith is the worst QB in the league because of an asinine 2014 article that also stated that Josh McCown was the 3rd best QB in the league. 

Fitz is a leader but not a good QB. Thats the fact. 

Nobody gives a f*ck about 4 tainted championships. The fact is, Brady folded up like a cheap suit in the face of the big game. Fitz did the very same thing in the Buffalo game. Is it convenient for you to attack me, rather than face the facts?

Why would I attack you?

You agree with me the most wins the Jets will get in 2016 is between 5-7 games.

19 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Most of all the OL. Mac completely ignoring the need at OL is inexcusable. Yeah, sure he drafted Shell in the 5th round and mortgaged our future in the meantime. But the guy still doesn't make a damn bit of difference in the short term and he'll never be a starter. The OL is where I believe this season will go disastrously wrong.

TE - Not drafting a real live TE and not some H back chump in Jace Amaro was also a major need that was ignored. In other words, what lays ahead is collectively two seasons completely ignoring TE passing options, essentially making the passing game ONE dimensional.

Besides that WR, FB, RB

Mac pretty much ignored any needs on the offensive side of the ball in the last draft. That is inexcusable and it will certainly cost this team THIS season.

Thanks for the reply. I thought Jets had great WRs in Marshall and Decker and a good addition at RB in Forte. Is that wrong?

22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Leadership.  Geno vs Fitz.  Judge for yourself.  

Geno...

Fitz...

rf21.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

Great pics of Geno. I don't know. There's something about him that just makes you want to punch this guy in the face. Not everyone has this quality. He was probably born with it. Everybody has a unique talent. That's his.?

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Now you're backtracking. And nobody's comparing Fitz to Brady. That was probably the first time in Fitz's career he was in a playoff race. Look at the teams over the years he played for. I think the best record was 9 wins with the Texans in 2014. Maybe next time if the Jets incompetent FO and owner give him a next time he'll be good and luckier. Luck counts too. If Edelman had made a great catch on that throw by Brady they might have won that game. Or if it had after being tipped bounced in the end zone to a Patriots player instead of to the Denver guy.  It was not impossible. Same goes for Fitz and Thompkins on week 17. There's many examples of this. 

Everything seems to be considered when it comes to Fitz. "Look at the teams over the years" or "Luck counts too". Meanwhile, Geno is a rookie and 2nd year player on some of the least talented, worse coached Jets teams since the mid 90's and you can never find a way to talk like this when it comes to Geno Smith. 

Then for you to say that someone is backtracking? C'mon Ranger. Why is it that all this stuff must be taken into account for a guy in the league 11 years yet its so "cut and dry" when it comes to Geno Smith? 

sh*t is just not adding up brother. 

22 hours ago, ylekram said:

I don't think anyone in the world would put the words  "Fitzpatrick" and " greatness" in the same sentence. I think most would use the words adequate and/or average to describe Fitzpatrick. if you are trying to get a sense of what this Fitzpatrick vs geno debate is really about, I am afraid you would have to go back and watch the 2013 and 2014 years, as well. then and only then would you be armed with the information you need to come to your own conclusions. its never been an argument between good and great or bad and great. the argument has always been between horrible and adequate. I would prefer great, but I would take adequate over horrible

i disagree... kind of.  

By that same stretch - you'd have to go back and watch 2013 & 2014 with Fitzpatrick, who had worse records with TEN and HOU collectively than Geno did, and worked with better weapons. 

It should be obvious to any humans using their head -- that huge part of this equation is our OC and system... and the debate begins when one faction says "chan can polish Fitz into a starter but he can't do the same with Geno, because.... *cough*, because Geno"

that's when things begin to fall apart. At his worst Fitzpatrick has looked every bit as god awful and boneheaded as Geno has. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Great pics of Geno. I don't know. There's something about him that just makes you want to punch this guy in the face. Not everyone has this quality. He was probably born with it. Everybody has a unique talent. That's his.?

Be careful Rangers.  You say you want to punch a dude working all offseason to get better.  Giving his all to win for his teammates and us fans.  Sacrificing his summer enjoyment for the greater good.  Yet you don't want to punch the lazy greedy delusional punk with the douchebag beard.

You obviously also really like hockey...  an overly white sport... hmmm?  Wonder if that could lend some insight into your thoughts here.  :-k

Besides, you're better off punching Fitz.  90% of us on this board could probably kick his ass.  Geno?.. not so much.  He'd probably take 90% of us.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Be careful Rangers.  You say you want to punch a dude working all offseason to get better.  Giving his all to win for his teammates and is fans.  Sacrificing his summer enjoyment for the greater good.  Yet you don't want to punch the lazy greedy delusional punk with the douchebag beard.

You obviously also really like hockey...  an overly white sport... hmmm?  Wonder it that could lend some insight into your thoughts here.  :-k

Besides, you're better off punching Fitz.  90% of us on this board could probably kick his ass.  Geno?.. not so much.  He'd probably take 90% of us.

Why don't you tell that to IK.?

Forget all the leadership talk, what I'm seeing out of Fitzpatrick (the Demario Davis
of QB's) is even though he went to Harvard he's not very bright.  Let's count the ways:

- The ENTIRE league has spoken concerning what they think his value is, and he sits

- The Jets offer to quadruple his salary in 2016, and he sits

- The Jets offer him his only opportunity to start, and he sits

- He's 35 years old nearing the end of his career and the Jets offer him 3 years of security, and he sits

- He has a wife and FIVE kids and the opportunity to bank $24 million, and he sits

None of those decisions are very smart.  People may not like Smith but all I know is he's
been working out with big time WR's (Beckham, Landry & Brown) in FLA.  Working out with our
young WR's in NJ and pumping iron in the gym.  All I've seen of Fitpatrick this off-season is him
at Ranger games, the Mike & The Mad Dog reunion, playing golf and having his kids stuck in trees 

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

Forget all the leadership talk, what I'm seeing out of Fitzpatrick (the Demario Davis
of QB's) is even though he went to Harvard he's not very bright.  Let's count the ways:

- The ENTIRE league has spoken concerning what they think his value is, and he sits

- The Jets offer to quadruple his salary in 2016, and he sits

- The Jets offer him his only opportunity to start, and he sits

- He's 35 years old nearing the end of his career and the Jets offer him 3 years of security, and he sits

- He has a wife and FIVE kids and the opportunity to bank $24 million, and he sits

None of those decisions are very smart.  People may not like Smith but all I know is he's
been working out with big time WR's (Beckham, Landry & Brown) in FLA.  Working out with our
young WR's in NJ and pumping iron in the gym.  All I've seen of Fitpatrick this off-season is him
at Ranger games, the Mike & The Mad Dog reunion, playing golf and having his kids stuck in trees 

^ I can't positive rep this one enough.

I think that Geno understands that he has not displayed the quality of leadership the NFL QB position requires. This is a walk year for him. He will show the best he has to offer right now. The Jets also know this. 

Geno is on the Jets. I root for that team. Fitz is not in th NFL. I wish him the best.

I hope that we re-sign Fitz for 2016. To a one year deal. Geno is the backup. And out of the picture for us in 2017. I predict he'll sign a very low contract to be the backup of the Raiders. If Fitz plays well then sign him to another one year deal. Or if Tyrod Taylor is a FA put a strong bid in for him. He is really being lowballed by the Bills. So I'm hoping he doesn't sign with them and tells them to GFY. His agent has already ripped Rex for bad coaching. So you have to like the guy. He's also a good young Qb. And better than Hackenberg. 

6 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I say YES. Fitz is head and shoulders better than any QB the Jets have on the roster and still miles better than that bag of sh*t that Geno is. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a very intelligent guy, but he is NOT stupid. Turning down 12 million this season would be called STUPIDITY. It isn't going to happen.

Fitz is better than Geno but not by much 

It was 2 picks, 2-point attempts do not count in the stats.

Regardless, that was an absolute terrible play call by McDaniels for the 2-point conversion.

And you are 100% correct, Brady could have audibled out of that play at the LOS. The run up the gut was right there.

Still pisses me off.

Now you know how the Seahawks feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-praise-fitzpatrick-s-leadership-as-he-rallies-jets-1.11200144

“Same old Fitz,” receiver Eric Decker said of the quarterback’s demeanor when the Jets trailed 20-10 deep into the fourth quarter. “Command of the huddle, getting the play out, calm, collected. What a good leader should be.”

Said Marshall: “Even when we were sputtering a little bit, he still kept his composure. That’s the type of guy you want leading you. We’re just thankful to have him.”

Where did he lead this team to the couch for the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Thanks for the reply. I thought Jets had great WRs in Marshall and Decker and a good addition at RB in Forte. Is that wrong?

I am not debating that Marshall and Decker are great, but they needed depth and IMO, unless we see something miraculous from Charone Peake, they didn't do enough at WR. Enunwa is probably the third WR and he cannot catch the ball. Forte is an excellent RB, but how is he going to gain yardage with this OL? Running the ball is a team effort and I just don't believe they are good enough up front to utilize Forte. Not to mention, they needed to draft a RB so they didn't have to rely on FA to get decent RB's.

9 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I hate Brady for obvious reasons.  

I love busting PatsFanTXs balls.

But this post is pure stupid.  

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-praise-fitzpatrick-s-leadership-as-he-rallies-jets-1.11200144

“Same old Fitz,” receiver Eric Decker said of the quarterback’s demeanor when the Jets trailed 20-10 deep into the fourth quarter. “Command of the huddle, getting the play out, calm, collected. What a good leader should be.”

Said Marshall: “Even when we were sputtering a little bit, he still kept his composure. That’s the type of guy you want leading you. We’re just thankful to have him.”

Screw this sh*t the players don't pick leaders the fans do.

:)

Archived