Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is Geno's last year of his contract.  if he has a good year, we are stuck in the same place next year.  

If Geno is the starter and has a good year it's a plus plus but he'll like you say want to get paid, too. I don't give him 15 mil based on one good year. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

If Geno is the starter and has a good year it's a plus plus but he'll like you say want to get paid, too. I don't give him 15 mil based on one good year. 

Depends on how good of a year he has if he takes the team to the playoffs then we pay him. 

Fck this... i was already a Fitz skeptic, but no way. NO way... are we going to be become the next BUF to overpay this guy because he does "OK" in Gailey's system...

We had the easiest schedule in the multiverse last year and still couldn't get into the playoffs, now we're looking to pay him 12+ mill to play a schedule thats a billion times harder.

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is Geno's last year of his contract.  if he has a good year, we are stuck in the same place next year.  

Extend him like 6 years now while he'd be a bargain?  Total deal: 7 years $56mil maybe?

5 minutes ago, afosomf said:

seriously a really good yr to take a dive, what is 1 more yr of suffering to jets fans. 

This is where I was at last year, ride or die with Geno.  Figure out if he could turn it around with a new system and better weapons.  Worst case scenario, tank and get the high pick.  Best case scenario the change of scenery works. 

Oh well.  Jets baby!!!

Have to agree.

3 Years, 12 per, 36 mil total.  Yes, I make that deal.  1 year starter, one year transition/insurance, 1 year backup/mentor for Petty (or cutable).

2 for 36, with both years likely guaranteed?  Too much, even for me.

God in Heaven, am I going to have to watch another Geno Smith year?  I have no words.....

Another year with Geno?! What's Patrick Ramsey doing these days??

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm in favour of having Fitzpatrick as the Jets starter next year as part of the on going plan.

If he wants too much money, then see ya later.

The Bradford contract really screwed this whole QB free agency scenario.  18M per for 2 years for Bradford is a joke.  The Broncos are now being held hostage with Osweiler who was offered 3years for 45M.  That's 15M a year fro a QB who has started 8 games. WOW.  Word on the street is the Broncos are looking at Fitzy.  Is this a smoke screen by Elway?  I think not.  They just won a Super Bowl with Manning, who clearly is over the hill, and a back up QB who just saw the field for the first time in his career his past year.  Fitz, with that defense, would be more than serviceable. Looks like its going to be a bidding war and it wouldn't behoove Mac to pay Fitz Bradford type money.  Fitz had a great year but this team is not close to contending for a Super Bowl to pay him that kind of loot.  

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

The Bradford contract really screwed this whole QB free agency scenario.  18M per for 2 years for Bradford is a joke.  The Broncos are now being held hostage with Osweiler who was offered 3years for 45M.  That's 15M a year fro a QB who has started 8 games. WOW.  Word on the street is the Broncos are looking at Fitzy.  Is this a smoke screen by Elway?  I think not.  They just won a Super Bowl with Manning, who clearly is over the hill, and a back up QB who just saw the field for the first time in his career his past year.  Fitz, with that defense, would be more than serviceable. Looks like its going to be a bidding war and it wouldn't behoove Mac to pay Fitz Bradford type money.  Fitz had a great year but this team is not close to contending for a Super Bowl to pay him that kind of loot.  

the eagles panicked b/c they don't think they're getting goff or wentz and there's no guarantee they even get lynch.  somewhere along the way, the money gap between the bad qbs and the good ones became much smaller.  why should bradford make more than tom brady?

32 minutes ago, varjet said:

It's unlikely we'd be faced with that choice. If Geno starts 16 games for the Jets this year, it's cause A) we lost Fitz and subsequently B ) we drafted a QB like Lynch, Cook, Allen, etc... and they'd be looking at taking over.

Geno would have to be stellar, in which case you tag him and make him repeat to prove it wasn't a Spin Doctors single. 

IF this is true hopefully for Fitzpatrick's sake he and his agent didn't pull
a "hissy fit".  This isn't the time to get an inflated opinion of yourself
because no matter what anyone says I just don't see a team throwing boat loads
of $$$ at him.  People can float LA but do you really believe they are going
to build that "palace" and charge huge PSL prices for Fitzpatrick as their
QB???  I don't think so 

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I can't do another year of Geno. I just can't. I legit think I don't have it in me to go out of my way once a week to make time for watching that awfulness again.

******* Jets man. sh*t.

No F ing way!  I will not see a single game if that turd is the starting QB.

Just now, KRL said:

IF this is true hopefully for Fitzpatrick's sake he and his agent didn't pull
a "hissy fit".  This isn't the time to get an inflated opinion of yourself
because no matter what anyone says I just don't see a team throwing boat loads
of $$$ at him.  People can float LA but do you really believe they are going
to build that "palace" and charge huge PSL prices for Fitzpatrick as their
QB???  I don't think so 

This is the ONLY time... Do you wanna come work for me, for 10% less than you're making now? Didn't think so. 

You don't have to like it, but it's the card he's got to play right now. LA, and SF are both possibilities to use Fitz in the same capacity as we would; a band aide while they groom a draftee... I don't like it much either, but thems is the breaks. 

I cannot see many teams tripping over their dicks to give Fitz Bradford-money. But then again, I think Bradford's contract is absurd..  Fitz would be beyond absurd.  Also, who says he is going to repeat last season's "serviceable" performance.  There is a reason he was unwanted by anyone other than the Jets last year. 

it would be crazy to sign Fitz to a big $ long term deal.  I didn't think he'd be dumb enough to look elsewhere as he is in perfect spot in o he knows w/ incredible talent to make him look much better than he is but we can miss playoffs again next year paying a lot less for a QB.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is the ONLY time... Do you wanna come work for me, for 10% less than you're making now? Didn't think so. 

You don't have to like it, but it's the card he's got to play right now. LA, and SF are both possibilities to use Fitz in the same capacity as we would; a band aide while they groom a draftee... I don't like it much either, but thems is the breaks. 

2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I cannot see many teams tripping over their dicks to give Fitz Bradford-money. But then again, I think Bradford's contract is absurd..  Fitz would be beyond absurd.  Also, who says he is going to repeat last season's "serviceable" performance.  There is a reason he was unwanted by anyone other than the Jets last year. 

Only Jets fans can be depressed for 40 years about not having a QB and then place basically no value on the guy who presided over the best offensive season the Jets ever had. It's crazy talk.

Only Jets fans can be depressed for 40 years about not having a QB and then place basically no value on the guy who presided over the best offensive season the Jets ever had. It's crazy talk.

Only blowhards would ignore history... Or choose to only remember the parts they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I can say, with 100% confidence, that Geno Smith will not have a good year. Not next year, not ever, not in the CFL, not in flag football, not in Madden Franchise Mode. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is where I was at last year, ride or die with Geno.  Figure out if he could turn it around with a new system and better weapons.  Worst case scenario, tank and get the high pick.  Best case scenario the change of scenery works. 

Oh well.  Jets baby!!!

Tank talk in March. #GoJetsFans

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Only blowhards would ignore history... Or choose to only remember the parts they like.

Yeah I'm ignoring history but Geno might turn into a good QB lol

Just now, jgb said:

He has value, but not enough to overpay.  The guy was serviceable by not effing things up too much.  It is not like he put the team on his back and carried them to the promised land.  Can't grade and pay him on a curve based on the wasteland of past Jets' QB's.  A little reality check is in order.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

What probably happened is that Fitzpatrick suddenly became a 30+ TD a year player in his age-33 season and will absolutely definitely for sure stay that way until he retires, so we'd better give him whatever he wants

should've paid him in Nov/Dec. Now yeah he wants to see what he is worth. Who the Hell could blame him. This is why you lock guys up that you want to keep.

Just now, Paradis said:

I'll leave that to you and the geno lovers. I'm over here in the GM booth called reality.

Me and the Geno loves? Ha ha. Welcome to JN. You got a lot to learn. Well bitching about paying Fitpatrick is backing Geno, genius.

46 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If it's anywhere near close in training camp, you go with Petty. And that's not out of the realm of possibility.

I would imagine that this is why they aren't willing to give Fitz guaranteed starter money too. 

The right thing to do here is let Fitz poke around, figure out his options. If he really, really wanted to be here, a deal would have been struck before today, hell, before Bradford's ludicrous deal. 

I liked Fitz. 

I love that the Jets aren't letting his contract demands box them in even more.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I would imagine that this is why they aren't willing to give Fitz guaranteed starter money too. 

The right thing to do here is let Fitz poke around, figure out his options. If he really, really wanted to be here, a deal would have been struck before today, hell, before Bradford's ludicrous deal. 

I liked Fitz. 

I love that the Jets aren't letting his contract demands box them in even more.

They are gonna pay him. He just wants to test his value. This is why you lock him up before season ended. Which I was eviscerated for. Right again, as usual.

Just now, jgb said:

They are gonna pay him. He just wants to test his value. This is why you lock him up before season ended. Which I was eviscerated for. Right again, as usual.

The only people that disagreed with you were those that didn't want Fitz on the team at all. Otherwise, you were (and are again now) pointing out the obvious.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The only people that disagreed with you were those that didn't want Fitz on the team at all. Otherwise, you were (and are again now) pointing out the obvious.

Yup it's obvious after it happens. The trick is calling it before it does. Which I did. And you didn't. Nice try though to jump in with a winner.

Archived