Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can say, with 100% confidence, that Geno Smith will not have a good year. Not next year, not ever, not in the CFL, not in flag football, not in Madden Franchise Mode. 

Tank talk in March. #GoJetsFans

A worst case scenario, cutie pie.  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish Bowles would say that Revis is now a back-up. Then they could give him a big pay cut. Why isn't this staff figuring this stuff out?

FUKK FITZ.   This is like a prom date who disses you for weeks and on the day of the prom realizes her date wont show and then you still think you can take her. Only an insecure, weak man would t

Fitz is 100% going to be signed in the next few weeks.  He'll come back, be handed the starting job with no questions asked.  The Jets will go on to be an 8-8 team, losing meaningful playoff implicati

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yup it's obvious after it happens. The trick is calling it before it does. Which I did. And you didn't. Nice try though to jump in with a winner.

You type a lot of pathetic things. This might take the cake.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So we regret giving a CB 40 mill guaranteed yet?

I regretted it before it happened.  At first I was YEA!.  Then a minute later I was like WTF are you kidding me?  That Revis signing was an impulse reaction by Woody and Mac to overcompensate the horror of how Idiziot handled the roster the previous year.  No CB is worth that kind of cash, prime or not.     

• Upvote 1
Just now, dbatesman said:

jgb and Ape alone in a room, furtively masturbating through their jeans as they debate which one of them was right all along

It's not a debate. It's just a sad guy trying to get on the winner train. Who could blame him? We should pity him not mock him.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

I regretted it before it happened.  At first I was YEA!.  The a minute later I was like WTF are you kidding me?  That Revis signing was an impulse reaction by Woody and Mac to overcompensate the horror of how Idiziot handled the roster the previous year.  No CB is worth that kind of cash, prime or not.     

This was more than just performing on the football field. This was bringing back the second HOF'er that the Jets have drafted. Riggins was never brought back. It just looks good and feels good to have Revis back in green and to retire in green

Edited by UnitedWhofans
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Me and the Geno loves? Ha ha. Welcome to JN. You got a lot to learn. Well bitching about paying Fitpatrick is backing Geno, genius.

Take your boring game of being the "last word bitch" someplace else. You carry your vitriol around like a hunchback. 

Here's a position one can take 

--I don't want to over pay Fitz like buffalo did. Fitz has largely sucked his whole career

--I don't want to go into next season with Geno as the savior

--I want to draft a QB and move forward

You don't do well when people put you in your place. Lot of name calling, blowharding and general child like stomping around. Try being more constructive, and less self-righteous.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Paradis said:

Take your boring game of being the "last word bitch" someplace else. You carry your vitriol around like a hunchback. 

Here's a position one can take 

--I don't want to over pay Fitz like buffalo did. Fitz has largely sucked his whole career

--I don't want to go into next season with Geno as the savior

--I want to draft a QB and move forward

You don't do well when people put you in your place. Lot of name calling, blowharding and general child like stomping around. Try being more constructive, and less self-righteous.

I choose to ignore your advice, considering I'm always right and all. Thanks though.

Just now, dbatesman said:

jgb and Ape alone in a room, furtively masturbating through their jeans as they debate which one of them was right all along

I must be missing something. 

Never said anything to the contrary, so, I agree with him... but, that doesn't preclude me from pointing out that his "told you so" is about something more obvious that a sweatpants boner.

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What probably happened is that Fitzpatrick suddenly became a 30+ TD a year player in his age-33 season and will absolutely definitely for sure stay that way until he retires, so we'd better give him whatever he wants

40+ once we sign Chandler and Forte. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Bob said:

The Jets just can't help stepping on their dicks. Anybody who thinks Geno F'ing Smith is an NFL quarterback needs to put down the crackpipe and step away.

I didn't say he was. In fact I doubt he is. But if Fitzpatrick wants big money, forget it. Jets need to do it the slow way instead of the quick fix.

Fans dont want to hear that, but that's the truth

Edited by UnitedWhofans
  • Upvote 4
Just now, Bob said:

The Jets just can't help stepping on their dicks. Anybody who thinks Geno F'ing Smith is an NFL quarterback needs to put down the crackpipe and step away.

It's stunning. They also understand nothing about negotiation. I mean come on. Go to a garage sale and practice or something.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Are you talking about the fans or the organization?

I vote we change this thread title to "Fitzpatrick's Agent Does his Job in a predictable manner and Jets fans freak out"

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Have to agree.

3 Years, 12 per, 36 mil total.  Yes, I make that deal.  1 year starter, one year transition/insurance, 1 year backup/mentor for Petty (or cutable).

2 for 36, with both years likely guaranteed?  Too much, even for me.

God in Heaven, am I going to have to watch another Geno Smith year?  I have no words.....

I don't know Warfish.... As much as I respect your opinion on things, I still think that is too much.

I was thinking no more than 2 years 16 million as an absolute maximum. I think that is reasonable because the fact is 2015 could be aberration. He's never played that well in any season prior to last season. The Jets should know Fitz NEEDS the Jets to be successful as much as the Jets need him.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It's stunning. They also understand nothing about negotiation. I mean come on. Go to a garage sale and practice or something.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Are you talking about the fans or the organization?

The fans obviously.

You should set him straight.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Chandler, as in, Scott Chandler? He's going to help add 10 passing TDs? LOL

He's a serious RedZone threat in Gaileys offense.  You haven't heard? 

Just now, Paradis said:

said Fitz to his agent. 

You're going to have to connect the dots for me, and probably everyone else here. To qualify as a "one liner" it also needs to make sense. You got the structure and length down, though. Now keep practicing on substance. Good effort.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No kidding.  Can't imagine who is going to give him that kind of money

And if some team does decide to pay Fitz, they will not have the same receiving corp as the Jets (aka Cle, Houston, Rams)

I wonder if Rex would prefer Fitz over Tyrod?? Doubtful. Wild Cat would be know more. Lol!

Just now, jgb said:

You're going to have to connect the dots for me, and probably everyone else here. To qualify as a "one liner" it also needs to make sense. You got the structure and length down, though. Now keep practicing on substance. Good effort.

xjRFnJK.jpg

Just now, JiF said:

I thought the 40+ TDs gave that away, guess not. 

I'm groggy today... I've got the wherewithal to see jgb is off his meds, but didn't pick up on the not-so-subtle sarcasm. 

I am in agreement with everyone else. Fitz is simply being unreasonable. No way am I going to pay him 18 million per. There's just too much suspicion that he may revert into the Fitz from Buffalo. Lets just hope and pray that Bryce Petty is prepared to take over!

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I vote we change this thread title to "Fitzpatrick's Agent Does his Job in a predictable manner and Jets fans freak out"

Fitz just wants to be wined/Dined for a couple of weeks and feel like the Princess at the ball.

Then he'll come back to Mac and take the 2/$20m deal....as it should be.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is where I was at last year, ride or die with Geno.  Figure out if he could turn it around with a new system and better weapons.  Worst case scenario, tank and get the high pick.  Best case scenario the change of scenery works. 

Oh well.  Jets baby!!!

We all thought Geno getting punched in the face was the best thing to happen for the Jets, but, instead of finally seeing what we had with better players around Geno, we got Fitz teasing us all season until the final meltdown in Buffalo. So, we still didn't make the playoffs, Fitz throws 31 TDs, sh*tty QBs are getting paid like top 5 QBs, and here we are back to the same f*cking place we were last year except with have even fewer dollars to throw around. We're always getting screwed no matter what the scenario,lol.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Mainejet said:

I am in agreement with everyone else. Fitz is simply being unreasonable. No way am I going to pay him 18 million per. There's just too much suspicion that he may revert into the Fitz from Buffalo. Lets just hope and pray that Bryce Petty is prepared to take over!

Trying to get paid as much as he can. Yeah what an unreasonable guy. Hey come work for me, I'll pay you half what you make now but we got a great supporting cast here. 

Just now, Mainejet said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for him to leverage the way free agency works in order to maximize his payday. This makes him... like every other player in the league. NFL players, most of them, learn from day one that you only get so many opportunities to influence your pay. It's business. No reason for fans to pout that he's being "unreasonable". 

• Upvote 1
Just now, JiF said:

You know you're a Jets fan when the potential of not signing Ryan Fitzpatrick feels like the end of the world. 

it doesn't for me, I would like him back but not at all costs.  again, we can just as easily miss the playoffs w/o him next year as we did w/ him this year. 

• Upvote 1