Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Since we're playing the interpretation game, your response translated means "Does negotiating for a Geno jersey on ebay count as 'negotiation experience?'"

It's ok, not everyone is good at this stuff. You're still an alright person who is welcome here.

take it or stuff it

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This was more than just performing on the football field. This was bringing back the second HOF'er that the Jets have drafted. Riggins was never brought back. It just looks good and feels good to have Revis back in green and to retire in green

Yea it felt real good seeing him get torched by Hopkins and Watkins too.  

I would like Fitz to come back but no way should we pay him 2/36.  We would be lucky if he came close to any of the numbers he put up last season.  It was a Fitzmagical season  but he won't be able to get better than he was.

So it comes down to this; either the Jets sign Ryan Fitz or this family doesn't spend dollar one on watching the 2016 Jets. If Geno Sh-it somehow manages to be under Mangold's butt taking 1st team snaps in September I will be doing something other than wasting my precious time, energy, money, and emotions watching one more year of no super bowl not to mention or even a playoff appearance from the New York Jets

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

take it or stuff it

Awwww I can see you're a little worked up. Don't take that attitude into the flea market when you try to haggle for that 25 cent salt and pepper shaker for Nana. They'll see right through it.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

They are gonna pay him. He just wants to test his value. This is why you lock him up before season ended. Which I was eviscerated for. Right again, as usual.

Your scenario was completely unrealistic.   Why would Fitz's agent go for that late in the season when he knew Fitz would have a lot of value if he just waited another couple of weeks?  It was obvious he was having a good season.  Any agent worth his salt wouldn't let his client sign for cheap when he saw a big payday coming for waiting until the end of the season.  

18 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

From what I heard on the radio this AM (grain of salt), Jets may just let him walk, spend the money elsewhere, bring in another low cost vet via FA/trade to compete with Geno/Petty.  

That would be the smart plan, hope it's true. We need the money to sign players with actual talent

Besides, may not be the most important point, but...  no Fitz = opportunity for Devin Smith.  Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, hopefully a healthy Amaro combined with a legit deep threat QB to make Devin an option would be damn fun to watch.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Your scenario was completely unrealistic.   Why would Fitz's agent go for that late in the season when he knew Fitz would have a lot of value if he just waited another couple of weeks?  It was obvious he was having a good season.  Any agent worth his salt wouldn't let his client sign for cheap when he saw a big payday coming for waiting until the end of the season.  

Unrealistic because it was eerily correct. I know it seems like magic when you're in the audience watching the Maestro at work. Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered.

23 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

From what I heard on the radio this AM (grain of salt), Jets may just let him walk, spend the money elsewhere, bring in another low cost vet via FA/trade to compete with Geno/Petty.  

Billboards by October in that scenario

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Awwww I can see you're a little worked up. Don't take that attitude into the flea market when you try to haggle for that 25 cent salt and pepper shaker for Nana. They'll see right through it.

why do you love Geno so much anyway?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

They are gonna pay him. He just wants to test his value. This is why you lock him up before season ended. Which I was eviscerated for. Right again, as usual.

Why would Fitzpatrick have accepted a contract before he knew what the market was while also knowing that teams were going to get stupid with the raised cap? The guy is a math genius. He wasn't signing anything but autographs in November. 

Just now, Paradis said:

why do you love Geno so much anyway?

lol don't try to sneak up on anybody. can hear a troll attempt from a million miles away. sorry to disappoint but i'm not hungry today.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

What a situation we are in 2016 discussing a 33 year old QB hitting free agency and ending all hopes of a successful season. I love the Jets lifelong fan but theres never a dull moment here. God Bless us ALL. 

33 years old doesn't mean what it meant 10-15-20 years ago JW12, especially for a guy like Fitzpatrick who hasn't taken the hits that a guy who has started 11 years worth of NFL games. Fitz has only started 3  complete seasons at QB-the wear and tear isn't as extensive as say what a guy like Peyton and Eli and Rivers  and Brees have taken.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

maybe it's time you give up on the jets and follow fitz to whatever loser team he signs with 

Not a nice thing to say about your team because that loser team will look a whole lot like the team he played for this year.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Unrealistic because it was eerily correct. I know it seems like magic when you're in the audience watching the Maestro at work. Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered.

What week did you want the jets to re-sign Fitz?  Week 15?   Do you seriously believe his agent would let him sign for some cheapo contract at that point?

As Francesa would say: "you're outta your moynd"

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Why would Fitzpatrick have accepted a contract before he knew what the market was while also knowing that teams were going to get stupid with the raised cap? The guy is a math genius. He wasn't signing anything but autographs in November. 

back off dude, genius at work

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe they tried, and if so then they did what they could. All I heard is the Jets weren't interested in anything until after the season. Show me some evidence to the contrary and I'll gladly consider it but everything I read put it on the team. Slats can enlighten us since he said at the time only a moron would try to sign him before season ended. We got into it pretty good back then. But being right is its own reward sometimes.

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

33 years old doesn't mean what it meant 10-15-20 years ago JW12, especially for a guy like Fitzpatrick who hasn't taken the hits that a guy who has started 11 years worth of NFL games. Fitz has only started 3  complete seasons at QB-the wear and tear isn't as extensive as say what a guy like Peyton and Eli and Rivers  and Brees have taken.

Another huge plus is that he's never had to play in extended seasons by reaching the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What week did you want the jets to re-sign Fitz?  Week 15?   Do you seriously believe his agent would let him sign for some cheapo contract at that point?

As Francesa would say: "you're outta your moynd"

Love how when I suggested it, this board said "that's stupid to try!!!!!! You don't pay a guy during the season who has one good year!" And now it's "come on man he would've been stupid to sign anything without testing the market!"

Heavy is the crown, my friends.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe they tried, and if so then they did what they could. All I heard is the Jets weren't interested in anything until after the season. Show me some evidence to the contrary and I'll gladly consider it but everything I read put it on the team. Slats can enlighten us since he said at the time only a moron would try to sign him before season ended. We got into it pretty good back then. But being right is its own reward sometimes.

Do you have any evidence that Fitzpatrick would have signed a new deal in November?

Just now, dbatesman said:

Do you have any evidence that Fitzpatrick would have signed a new deal in November?

I have evidence Jets wanted to wait until after the season to open negotiations. All the articles are posted here. 

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Are you able to rely on substance or just a strawman? Sorry too good of a mood to play footnotes and hyperlinks with ya. If you got a point, make it. If you want a sourced dissertation you'll be disappointed on a fan opinion board.  cheers though :beer:

36 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

A poll to ban jgb from JN if Fitz doesn't resign here seems appropriate. The soppy diatribe we've all had to endure for his crusade of self-righteousness ought to dictate it so. I think he called me a "retard" at one point for suggesting there's other options than paying fitz.

Archived