Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The plan was to go with Geno as our main qb last year.  From all accounts Geno handled his demotion well, learned from Fitz, and was a good teammate.  The only negatives I've heard are from the people on this board who can't even name the WR's Geno had at his disposal 2 years ago. 

Paying Fitzpatrick anything more than 8 mil is a joke..  It was actually a miracle he didn't miss games last year.  Can you imagine paying him 15 mil only to watch him go Bronko Nogurski in the first game and wind up tearing something and missing the season? 

You mean Eric Decker and Percy Harvin?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

You mean Eric Decker and Percy Harvin?

a hobbled Decker and a desperation grab half way through the season..  and those are the 2 people can name without googling.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

a hobbled Decker and a desperation grab half way through the season..  and those are the 2 people can name without googling.

Remind me please, who was Fitz's 3rd WR?

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Wow... scrambling for the exit.

And... there it is, I get you uppity, then dbates hits you with the same jab 3 times, and done... 

Like clockwork, very whiny, thin-skinned clockwork.

May shock you but when I'm tired I go to bed and don't sit there worrying about what people are doing on JN while you all scurry to get your last word in. But hey, that's the highlight of your day who am I to try to take it from you. Hope you had a nice day.

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

Oh brother, you are like SpermEdwards..... Just using a LOT less words.

Marshall was hobbled the entire season, so lets not play that game, and his 3rd WR was Kerley, who Rex and Morningwood loved, and was a decent player. 

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just because 5 or 6 of you scream loudly about it doesn't mean your opinion is anywhere near the consensus.  Just read this thread.  Seems to me more people are in favor of letting Fitz walk while about 99% of fans wanted to see Idzik gone.

Scream loudly about what? What the heck are you talking about?

Letting Fitz walk at what price? Anything over $12m and I don't think Fitz is worth it either, but in the 10-11 range, I think its a fair deal and worth bringing him back.

Only thing I will scream about is not staring Geno, he has no business starting QB for the Jets ever again.

And since when the hell does Jets fan consensus mean anything at all? Most Jets fans thought Rex wasn't a stumbling, bumbling moron, how'd that one turn out?

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Until they're 3-0, lol. Fans have to stop with the BS. I said the same thing about overpaying for Fitz but I know if they start winning I'm sucked back in like a supercharged Dyson.

Is there any line by fans more meaningless than I'll never watch again.  I wish I had a penny for all the fans who say this after a contract, strike or lockout.  

Right before they come running back

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Oh brother, you are like SpermEdwards..... Just using a LOT less words.

Marshall was hobbled the entire season, so lets not play that game, and his 3rd WR was Kerley, who Rex and Morningwood loved, and was a decent player. 

SE can write a novella on the backup long snapper situation (which I'd probably read).

I prefer a flurry of jabs rather than a 150 punch combination.

But to your point - Marshall and a healthy Decker were so superior to anything Geno saw that it's really not even worth debating.

26 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just because 5 or 6 of you scream loudly about it doesn't mean your opinion is anywhere near the consensus.  Just read this thread.  Seems to me more people are in favor of letting Fitz walk while about 99% of fans wanted to see Idzik gone.

No one who wants to enjoy a competitive team next year wants Fitz to walk. The people who do are let's say the "too clever by half fans" who think it's somehow better in the long term for the Jets to be terrible next year, whether it's for a draft pick or to get Petty reps. To those well-meaning (but in my opinion incorrect) subsection of fans, I say what about the Jets last 50 years makes one endorse the notion that sucking is positive for the long term?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Pz4maXT53axB6.gif

And your rush to reply 3 seconds after my first post in 7 hours shows you aren't a little flower. Seriously, do you have an iphone alert just for me? Super cute.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Is there any line by fans more meaningless than I'll never watch again.  I wish I had a penny for all the fans who say this after a contract, strike or lockout.  

Right before they come running back

In the dating world, hearing from the drunk bar chick  "I'm a virgin" was

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

SE can write a novella on the backup long snapper situation (which I'd probably read).

I prefer a flurry of jabs rather than a 150 punch combination.

But to your point - Marshall and a healthy Decker were so superior to anything Geno saw that it's really not even worth debating.

Im not debating, Im answering your question.... Marshall and Decker were better, for sure, still does not change Geno from sucking.

If you put me out there with 4 really bad receivers, it would not make me a good QB.

Just now, jgb said:

No one who wants to enjoy a competitive team next year wants Fitz to walk. The people who do are let's say the "too clever by half fans" who think it's somehow better in the long term for the Jets to be terrible next year, whether it's for a draft pick or to get Petty reps. To those well-meaning (but in my opinion incorrect) subsection of fans, I say what about the Jets last 50 years makes one endorse the notion that sucking is positive for the long term?

except I don't think the Jets would be terrible with Geno starting. 

what would Fitz' record been with the Jets in 14' with Peg Leg Decker, He Hate Me, the guy holding up the sign that will play for food, and Vince Papale as his "weapons"?

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Im not debating, Im answering your question.... Marshall and Decker were better, for sure, still does not change Geno from sucking.

If you put me out there with 4 really bad receivers, it would not make me a good QB.

Didn't you know you can't evaluate a player unless you put them in an ideal situation. We might as well all just pack in it. 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

May shock you but when I'm tired I go to bed and don't sit there worrying about what people are doing on JN while you all scurry to get your last word in. But hey, that's the highlight of your day who am I to try to take it from you. Hope you had a nice day.

You're responding to ball-breaking from 7 hours ago... but yea, everyone else is trying to get their "last word in".

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Scream loudly about what? What the heck are you talking about?

Letting Fitz walk at what price? Anything over $12m and I don't think Fitz is worth it either, but in the 10-11 range, I think its a fair deal and worth bringing him back.

Only thing I will scream about is not staring Geno, he has no business starting QB for the Jets ever again.

And since when the hell does Jets fan consensus mean anything at all? Most Jets fans thought Rex wasn't a stumbling, bumbling moron, how'd that one turn out?

Marshall was not hobbled all season.  He had a couple game stretch when he was effected by injuries, mid season. 

Just now, Pac said:

what would Fitz' record been with the Jets in 14' with Peg Leg Decker, He Hate Me, the guy holding up the sign that will play for food, and Vince Papale as his "weapons"?

Dont forget Clyde Hall of Fame Gates!

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You're responding to ball-breaking from 7 hours ago... but yea, everyone else is trying to get their "last word in".

awwwwww you can't resist, and even attempt a very clumsy reversal. it's really adorable. flattered seriously. how is your evening going? 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

And your rush to reply 3 seconds after my first post in 7 hours shows you aren't a little flower. Seriously, do you have an iphone alert just for me? Super cute.

There's no shame in how quickly I tweak your insecurities. No shame at all.

There's no shame in how quickly I tweak your insecurities. No shame at all.

Look at the little kitten crawling in my lap. Under the chin scratch just for you, sensitive little butterfly you. XOXO

16 minutes ago, ljr said:

In the dating world, hearing from the drunk bar chick  "I'm a virgin" was

True.  But the chick was selling something, so she gets credit for trying, some buy it too.

no one is buying someone won't watch football if Fitz asks for stupid money.

plus taking home a vigin only to find she's a pig who bangs you silly isn't a bad thing

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

No one is saying Fitzpatrick is great or even good. We're just saying he's better than Geno. No more, no less. It's much easier to have a discussion if you actually respond to the point being made and not create the point you wish the other guy had because it would be easier for you to defeat. If you beg for easy mode, your position is not strong.  

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one is saying Fitzpatrick is great or even good. We're just saying he's better than Geno. No more, no less. It's much easier to have a discussion if you actually respond to the point being made and not create the point you wish the other guy had because it would be easier for you to defeat. If you beg for easy mode, your position is not strong.  

What proof do you have he would have signed in November?

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

awwwwww you can't resist, and even attempt a very clumsy reversal. it's really adorable. flattered seriously. how is your evening going? 

You're projecting, totally the wrong angle here... Trying to make "Ape is sensitive" stick is about as likely to work as getting "joewilly12 is cool, calm and collected" to stick.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Look at the little kitten crawling in my lap. Under the chin scratch just for you, sensitive little butterfly you. XOXO

Sensitivity is your brand, my friend, and it's apparent to everyone.

All I had to say was that you were being obvious, and you've been flailing counter-punches at me since... and you aren't landing any. There's really no reason to carry on further.

You're projecting, totally the wrong angle here... Trying to make "Ape is sensitive" stick is about as likely to work as getting "joewilly12 is cool, calm and collected" to stick.

Sensitivity is your brand, my friend, and it's apparent to everyone.

All I had to say was that you were being obvious, and you've been flailing counter-punches at me since... and you aren't landing any. There's really no reason to carry on further.

Ladies and gents, that's how you make an Ape dance. Next time let's try it with a funny hat. We'll knock 'em dead in Reno!

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

What proof do you have he would have signed in November?

What proof do we have that the Jets wanted to sign Fitz in November.  When they lost in Houston he lost what, 4 of the last 5 games and the team was reeling.  

Just now, jgb said:

Ladies and gents, that's how you make an Ape dance.

Showcasing, and/or misrepresentation, of accomplishments is a function of insecurity, and a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Like I said, there's really no reason to carry on further. You're working hard to convince yourself that you saved face, but not convincing anyone else.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Showcasing, and/or misrepresentation, of accomplishments is a function of insecurity, and a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Like I said, there's really no reason to carry on further. You're working hard to convince yourself that you saved face, but not convincing anyone else.

Quick question, can you ride a unicycle while carrying an umbrella? Got a potential gig at Mandalay Bay but need to spice it up a little. Used to be a talking ape by itself would be a showstopper but you know, kids today with their Twittergrams.

Archived