Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I completely agree with this, but there is also a chance they win 3-4 with Petty, and still don't get the top pick in the draft. Then fans and media will be screaming for Mac and Bowles to be fired, and Woody will cave, and round and round we go.

Geno won 8 as a rookie with less talent, much less talent on offense and playing most of his games like shlt.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes Geno is good when when the moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Or when he has a WR to throw to. Sort of like how Fitz was, who sucked when he missed just one passing option in a backup RB Bilal. Sounds like Fitz depends on the solar system more than Geno does. 

I do NOT want Geno Smith getting anywhere near the starting QB job for the NYJ. However, if Fitz continues to insist about getting anything even close to what Sam Bradford then I'll have to tolerate Geno as the starter for at least one more season. I am NOT paying what Fitz is demanding, not even close.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't see Elway's ego ever settling for Fitzpatrick.

Elway just saw how good his defense is, and learned that he could win a Super Bowl with limited QB play.  He just needs a vet who can manage the game, limit mistakes, and make a play under pressure every now then, to keep his team in it.  

Manning's SB stats: 13/23 (56.5%) 141 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int      

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Or when he has a WR to throw to. Sort of like how Fitz was, who sucked when he missed just one passing option in a backup RB Bilal. Sounds like Fitz depends on the solar system more than Geno does. 

Well I'll take the guy who has done it rather than a guy who hypothetically could if, if, if. Plus you have to trust your eyes. Geno looks as lost as little red riding hood out there.

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

I do NOT want Geno Smith getting anywhere near the starting QB job for the NYJ. However, if Fitz continues to insist about getting anything even close to what Sam Bradford then I'll have to tolerate Geno as the starter for at least one more season. I am NOT paying what Fitz is demanding, not even close.

Petty before Geno. At least he hasn't proven he sucks, yet.

18 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

If the Jets were thinking that, I cannot see Bowles or Mac stating we want him back, and he will start for us. They would have played it a bit safer.

Also, if they thought that little of him, they would have given Geno a shot when Fitz was a week removed from thumb surgery. Nothing the Jets have done indicate this.

I think its far more likely that the two are far off from a deal that they both want to make, its a riskier move for the Jets. If Fitz gets another job, they are left with Geno and a rookie Petty, so unless they have a trade lined up for Glennon, I just cannot imagine them wanting to really let him go, given the way they acted last season and everything they have said this offseason.

Its very difficult to set a market value for Fitzpatrick, particularly this offseason. I don't see a ton of options for him for a big payday, perhaps the Rams, Browns, doubtul on the Texans but possible, but there are not a lot of teams. If one of them offers him $15 mil per year for say 2-3 years, I don't think the Jets will match that, but if it is in the $12 range, I think even though its more than Fitz is probably worth, the Jets would probably do that.

Has nothing to do with Bowles and Macc stating they want Fitz back.  If Fitz asks for top dollar and then shops himself around and wants to use LA against us its a completely different scenario.

This was a hypothetical, dont overthink this one

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

How do you know that hes continuing or ever asked for Sam Bradford numbers?

And youre not paying anyone anything, Woody does that

But again, what arent you paying Fitz, how much is that figure?

4 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

13c2d92b9e8b3fa737bfcae45f113048.jpg

I honestly think our only threat of losing fitz is to denver. And i think this could be the worst out come with brock heading to houston and denver paying fitz what hes looking for.

What other team would pay fitz money that hes apparently looking for?

Houston - i highly doubt a year later they changed their minds on him.

Rams- apparently i read they are high on keenum and they have foles.

I legit denver is the only threat to us.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmo if the Bronco's lose Brock Osweiller to the Texans, look for Elway to go after Colin Kapernick ( trade) or Robert Griffinth.   I don't think John Elway goes for Ryan Fitzpatrick .( not his type of Qb).

i think Jets gamble with Fitzpatrick probably going to pay off.   Should be able to get him back at more reasonable price.

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Osweiler is in a totally different situation than Fitz.  Osweiler might actually improve.  We know what Fitz is

Yeah we do know what Fitz is hes a QB who threw 31 TD's and made the position relevant on this team for the first time in 8 years yet people still complain

******* Idiot Jets fans.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Yeah we do know what Fitz is hes a QB who threw 31 TD's and made the position relevant on this team for the first time in 8 years yet people still complain

******* Idiot Jets fans.

With the easiest schedule in the league he only beat 2 teams with winning and records the Jets failed to make the playoffs because of his play in the last game of the season....

Carry on. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With the easiest schedule in the league he only beat 2 teams with winning and records the Jets failed to make the playoffs because of his play in the last game of the season....

Carry on. 

No offense and I'm not picking on you in particular but this is the NFL.  There IS no such thing as an easy schedule.  I'm getting pretty tired of hearing this old saw being dragged out and used as a rationale.   

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Carry on. 

I hear fitz can only win at madden on easy mode too

Let's give some credit to our offensive weapons like Marshall & Decker too. Stop looking at Fitzy through a pin hole. How many plays did Marshall make on his own? How about when he took a 5 yard pass & dragged 3 defenders into the endzone. How about the short throw that he plucked off the ground (another bad pass from Fitz) and straight armed his way to another TD. Other than running out of the pocket (where he got hurt by not sliding) nothing he did was in the spectacular realm. He just ran the offense that Chan did a great job putting together throwing to the best WRs this team has had since Keyshawn & Chrebet. 

He struggled EVERY SINGLE GAME that our running game was stifled. Which tells you that when a DC took that away & forced him into making plays in the passing game in 2nd & 3rd and long he was exposed. That's what Rex did twice. 

It really sucks that our entire season rides on whether a journeyman QB that was in the perfect position to succeed last year might leave because another team might overpay for his services because of the QB shortage in this league. Josh McCown played like Fitz 2 years ago in Chicago, it happens, but these guys always seem to slip back to the mean. We needed Fitz to just make 1 play to get to the playoffs, he did what his history tells you, forced a ball into Decker by locking into him the second he took that snap. Ivory was WIDE OPEN in the flat on that play. I'd hate to be Mac in this position not having a plan B.

Please lord let Petty be our savior! We have to get lucky sometime, right?

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Let's give some credit to our offensive weapons like Marshall & Decker too. Stop looking at Fitzy through a pin hole. How many plays did Marshall make on his own? How about when he took a 5 yard pass & dragged 3 defenders into the endzone. How about the short throw that he plucked off the ground (another bad pass from Fitz) and straight armed his way to another TD. Other than running out of the pocket (where he got hurt by not sliding) nothing he did was in the spectacular realm. He just ran the offense that Chan did a great job putting together throwing to the best WRs this team has had since Keyshawn & Chrebet. 

He struggled EVERY SINGLE GAME that our running game was stifled. Which tells you that when a DC took that away & forced him into making plays in the passing game in 2nd & 3rd and long he was exposed. That's what Rex did twice. 

It really sucks that our entire season rides on whether a journeyman QB that was in the perfect position to succeed last year might leave because another team might overpay for his services because of the QB shortage in this league. Josh McCown played like Fitz 2 years ago in Chicago, it happens, but these guys always seem to slip back to the mean. We needed Fitz to just make 1 play to get to the playoffs, he did what his history tells you, forced a ball into Decker by locking into him the second he took that snap. Ivory was WIDE OPEN in the flat on that play. I'd hate to be Mac in this position not having a plan B.

Please lord let Petty be our savior! We have to get lucky sometime, right?

I like Fitz, but it's Marshall and Decker who had Monster Seasons.

Mac playing a smart game here...

Why would Denver give Fitz 15 mill on the down side of a career but not Osweiler who is younger, been in the program and helped Denver win the SB as much as Earl Morrel helped the fins go undefeated? Makes no sense, Elway wont go there.

5 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

Why would Denver give Fitz 15 mill on the down side of a career but not Osweiler who is younger, been in the program and helped Denver win the SB as much as Earl Morrel helped the fins go undefeated? Makes no sense, Elway wont go there.

Because their window like ours is another 2-3 years tops

I'm confused about what the Osweiler camp is thinking? 

Did he really prove anything last season?  He'd have stints where he literally couldnt throw a reception. Is there any team out there confident in Brock Osweiler?  Especially in a new system?

I'm not.

Just heard Andrew Brandt on Sirius.

he says Osweiller's agent Jimmy Sexton is notorious for waiting until the last moment with accepting the deal in hopes of team giving a better offer .

Brandt still believes Osweiller goes back to Denver.

9 minutes ago, ljr said:

Just heard Andrew Brandt on Sirius.

he says Osweiller's agent Jimmy Sexton is notorious for waiting until the last moment with accepting the deal in hopes of team giving a better offer .

Brandt still believes Osweiller goes back to Denver.

BTW, Sexton is also Fitz's agent. This guy is either gonna make a windfall or it will all blow up in his face.

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

No offense and I'm not picking on you in particular but this is the NFL.  There IS no such thing as an easy schedule.  I'm getting pretty tired of hearing this old saw being dragged out and used as a rationale.   

more true words may never have been spoken on JN.  In this league of balance(see salary cap) very little separates the good from the bad.  most often, may I dare say nearly always, it comes down to QB play. Thank you Fitz, hope you stay but i understand this is your job. Get paid while you can.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

******* Idiot Jets fans.

So, Fitz on a career year, misses the playoffs and everyone is falling all over themselves to want him back.  

I think many Jet fans are so used to losing that losing well is enough for them.  

Archived