Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

8 hours ago, jetrider said:

How about if Fitz walks and Glennon doesn't happen, give Geno an honest chance with a quality team and staff without bringing outside garbage in? Forget RGIII and Hoyer. 

No more competitions/distractions. If Geno fails, let Petty figure it out. Otherwise, Geno has been jerked around enough already. 

LOL

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it amazing that Colon mentioned that Geno was humbled.... So that implies that Geno was a big ego guy. I have to ask, why would Geno have a big ego? Did he watch all of his film the first two years, or just watch reruns of the Dolphins games over and over again?

Geno has a lot of physical talent, it cannot be denied. But he has proven to have zero leadership skills whatsoever, which is a big part of playing QB.

Geno had an unwarranted shot last year, and he responded by getting into an altercation over $600. Before everyone gets their panties in a wad, in no way did he deserve to get punched, and that is unfortunate, but leaders don't get into those types of situations in the first place. Nor do they miss important team meetings, nor do they act like egomaniacs with no basis for their ego. Arm strength and physical talent alone don't make  a QB.

Bring on the neg reps!! JoeWilly12, CantWait, Jay4Jets and others, your on!

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya, but starting Fitz is worse.  Instead of taking a shot on what might work (Geno) you would rather accept another year of missing the playoffs - just to make sure it's done gracefully.  

I would rather roll the dice.  

Geno is not a roll of the dice. He has proven that he's not the answer.  Yes he has physical talent. But he's dumber than Helen Keller, and has ZERO intangibles (leadership). Starting him means we'll have a top 10 pick in the draft next year.

Starting Fitz isn't the most ideal situation either. He's a journeyman. You don't build your team around QBs like him. But if our only options are Fitz and Geno, I go with Fitz every time. Geno is a waste of space. 

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

I've been negative repped!!!!

And Villian started it all!! After all the Glennon support I've given him! This has ruined my day. 

I hope it's Fitz vs. Geno this August. There will be no locker room punch and Fitz will clearly outplay him. 

All this Geno support has me very, very puzzled. 

There are a bunch of posters who are literally making this board not worthwhile anymore. Its really a shame, even ignoring them doesn't help. They have made a complete mockery of the rep system, and do nothing but instigate and make vile posts towards anyone who disagrees with their anti-Fitzpatrick rampage and Geno support. I am close to leaving the boards sadly, because this used to be the best, but the fact that nothing is being done about them is sad.

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Geno is not a roll of the dice. He has proven that he's not the answer.  Yes he has physical talent. But he's dumber than Helen Keller, and has ZERO intangibles (leadership). Starting him means we'll have a top 10 pick in the draft next year.

Starting Fitz isn't the most ideal situation either. He's a journeyman. You don't build your team around QBs like him. But if our only options are Fitz and Geno, I go with Fitz every time. Geno is a waste of space. 

I simply don't agree that Geno has no chance to be good.  I'm not saying there's even a good chance he'll be the answer but even a slight chance is better than Fitz. Because his 10 years and lack of physical ability has clearly proven he's not.  

It's also why I've been a major advocate for getting Kaep or even RG3, would rather either of those over Geno but I would prefer Geno over Fitz.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I simply don't agree that Geno has no chance to be good.  I'm not saying there's even a good chance he'll be the answer but even a slight chance is better than Fitz. Because his 10 years and lack of physical ability has clearly proven he's not.  

It's also why I've been a major advocate for getting Kaep or even RG3, would rather either of those over Geno but I would prefer Geno over Fitz.  

Fitzpatrick IMO is not about having a chance to be a franchise QB, I think everyone knows that he is not, pretty safe to say. Fitzpatrick is about competent QB play while searching for a franchise QB, that is it. Whether its Petty, or a draft pick this year, they need competent QB play while trying to develop a QB. It is about a 1 in a million shot that you can get a franchise QB from another team, no team gives up on good QB's unless they are a totally foolish organization or in a tough spot. The closest thing to this in modern football was Brees, who was coming off a major injury, and they had just used a high draft pick on a QB. Wasting time on Kaep and/or RG3 is worse than having Fitzpatrick provide even average QB play, as long as you are going all out to draft and develop QB's. Playing Geno, getting Kaep, getting RG3, do nothing to move you closer to a franchise QB, and move you further away IMO.

14 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

There are a bunch of posters who are literally making this board not worthwhile anymore. Its really a shame, even ignoring them doesn't help. They have made a complete mockery of the rep system, and do nothing but instigate and make vile posts towards anyone who disagrees with their anti-Fitzpatrick rampage and Geno support. I am close to leaving the boards sadly, because this used to be the best, but the fact that nothing is being done about them is sad.

Yeah, I get ya, but I was being sarcastic. Thought that came through in the post. I don't find too many people neg repping me and I've been bashing Geno for awhile. 

Lighten up, Francis. Haha. 

17 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

You should keep whining until you get your way, bowel movement 

27 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Fitzpatrick IMO is not about having a chance to be a franchise QB, I think everyone knows that he is not, pretty safe to say. Fitzpatrick is about competent QB play while searching for a franchise QB, that is it. Whether its Petty, or a draft pick this year, they need competent QB play while trying to develop a QB. It is about a 1 in a million shot that you can get a franchise QB from another team, no team gives up on good QB's unless they are a totally foolish organization or in a tough spot. The closest thing to this in modern football was Brees, who was coming off a major injury, and they had just used a high draft pick on a QB. Wasting time on Kaep and/or RG3 is worse than having Fitzpatrick provide even average QB play, as long as you are going all out to draft and develop QB's. Playing Geno, getting Kaep, getting RG3, do nothing to move you closer to a franchise QB, and move you further away IMO.

I do get what you're saying.  But we've had so little luck finding QB's via the draft that going after talented QB's that have proven their capable of winning in th NFL is a bette chance than drafting one (and it's not to say you couldn't still draft a QB)

it's also not unprecidented to find a franchise QB from another team.  Kaep is a very unique situation.  I beleive wherever he ends up he'll be successful.  

A look at what's going on around the New York Jets :

~ ~ 4. Fitz soap opera: It's starting to look as if the Ryan Fitzpatricksituation won't be resolved until the No. 1 domino in the quarterback market falls -- Colin Kaepernick. That could go all the way to the draft, but the first pressure point is April 1. If he's still on the San Francisco 49ers' roster, his $11.9 million salary becomes guaranteed, although that wouldn't preclude them from trying to trade him.If Kaepernick is traded to the Denver Broncos, it crushes what little leverage Fitzpatrick has. The Broncos are thought to be the only team not named the Jets that has a level of interest in him. If Kaepernick lands somewhere else, perhaps the Cleveland Browns, it improves Fitzpatrick's bargaining position. No matter what happens, I still think he ends up with the Jets.

5. Ryan's hope: Fitzpatrick wants to cash in on his career season, and you can't blame him, especially with some of the crazy money being thrown around for mediocre quarterbacks. I mean, $18 million-a-year for Brock Osweiler? That's a bit rich for a quarterback with seven starts. At the same time, Osweiler is an outlier. Under the current collective bargaining agreement, in place since 2011, only four quarterbacks have changed teams and received more than $10 million guaranteed, according to ESPN Stats & Information. They are Osweiler ($37 million), Peyton Manning ($18 million), Chase Daniel ($12 million) and Matt Flynn ($10 million).

rest of above article  : 

>     http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59127/jets-have-ammunition-to-be-major-offseason-players-in-2017

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have no faith in Geno, whatsoever. Physical ability doesn't make a QB good or bad. It's what's between their ears that does. Geno is dumb and immature.

Kaepernick and RGIII are the same as Geno. Lots of physical talent, but no brains. Pass on both.

I'd rather keep Fitz for another year or two, and draft another QB.  Let Petty and the draft pick learn how to be a pro and leader from Fitz. Then hope one of them develops and takes the job from Fitz. 

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, I thought you were a 6 foot 4 big ass Black dude? Member that was who I was supposed to look for after your threats to me? When you never showed up at the Starbucks you wanted me to meet you at??

Hahahahaha I never threatened you sunshine, but it is hilarious when you get your panties all in a bunch

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, I thought you were a 6 foot 4 big ass Black dude? Member that was who I was supposed to look for after your threats to me? When you never showed up at the Starbucks you wanted me to meet you at??

Joke is on you, my friend. Your mistake was expecting to see a black guy at Starbucks. ;)

Just now, cant wait said:

Hahahahaha I never threatened you sunshine, but it is hilarious when you get your panties all in a bunch

Oh you most certainly did, when I called you out for being a vile human being, you started private messaging me telling me to say it to your face, when I said OK, you did not show, sunshine, lol. You add so much to these boards, Watch it everyone, he may challenge you as a big, bad ass Black dude, and not show up

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

It's funny you think you know more than Mac.

The evidence supports the notion Geno is a throw of the dice. Leadership isn't even required to play QB in the NFL. Only good QB play is required (neither Eli nor Flacco nor Big Ben are "leaders). Geno's QB rating over his last five games is in the high 80s to low 90s. That's good enough to start in the NFL.

Fitz with his "leadership", weak arm and inability to play football is in fact a waste of time, not Geno. 

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Oh you most certainly did, when I called you out for being a vile human being, you started private messaging me telling me to say it to your face, when I said OK, you did not show, sunshine, lol. You add so much to these boards, Watch it everyone, he may challenge you as a big, bad ass Black dude, and not show up

I don't even live anywhere near a Starbucks, but okay. You want me to get you a muffin or something?

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'll never understand why some people are still talking like Geno Smith is a viable NFL quarterback.

Well I've come to the conclusion that some people just hate Geno irrationally and no matter what is said or what relevant numbers or evidence is brought up, they will always hate him. Maybe you're one of these people but it's telling the GM has now complimented in his last 3 or so press conferences. 

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, because Fitzpatrick was surely winning that competition right? Even with Fitz having the advantage of knowing the coach AND the scheme Geno looked noticeably better than Fitz while going most of training camp without even throwing an INT, while Fitz was showing lack of arm strength along with inconsistency and Petty was throwing pick 6's. I think we all remember that up to the moment when Geno got his jaw broke he was not in any position whatsoever to lose that starting position to Fitzpatrick or Petty. He was the clear cut winner. 

The guy who won 10 games this past year with the most talented Jets team I've personally ever seen, with the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have, and who some would agree we pay 15-18 million dollars per year to...Geno was wiping the floor with last summer.

We dont have to like him, but it really cant be this hard to give the guy some credit. Dude has a year under his belt in this system, didnt have the weight of the team on his shoulders and all he had to do all this time was to just work on this craft with the support of an offensive coordinator known for his QB work and a no-nonsense HC. I wouldnt be surprised if Geno Smith ends up being the real reason why Macc isnt budging with Fitz as well as not overly pursuing trade options. 

Just sayin, we were all very happy with what we heard about Geno's progress last offseason. Lets not pretend like that didnt happen just because he got punched in the face and he's an easy target at the moment. 

Are you geno's brother? Father? Just wondering 

He looked AMAZING Against the Raiders. 

Geno sucks. We saw enough of him the first two years. He suffers the same problem Sanchez had. Terrible at decision making. 

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Well I've come to the conclusion that some people just hate Geno irrationally and no matter what is said or what relevant numbers or evidence is brought up, they will always hate him. Maybe you're one of these people but it's telling the GM has now complimented in his last 3 or so press conferences. 

What else is he going to say?!?? Anything other than, " I feel good about what we have"  would instill panick across the fan base. It would piss off some  season ticket holders.  He can't just be like we're screwed we don't have a quarterback. People hate geno because he sucks, that's a perfectly good reason 

14 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I have no faith in Geno, whatsoever. Physical ability doesn't make a QB good or bad. It's what's between their ears that does. Geno is dumb and immature.

Kaepernick and RGIII are the same as Geno. Lots of physical talent, but no brains. Pass on both.

I'd rather keep Fitz for another year or two, and draft another QB.  Let Petty and the draft pick learn how to be a pro and leader from Fitz. Then hope one of them develops and takes the job from Fitz. 

This seems to be the ongoing cyclical debate here.  We just have to agree to disagree. 

Here are my views abd I'll leave it alone after that   

1) I would only want Fitz as a back-up - I don't want to accept losing - just because it's competent losing  

2) I believe there's a better chance Kaep finds his old form and becomes a franchise QB than us drafting one this year. 

3) I believe Geno is worthy of another shot  - if it's either him or Fitz.  Might be a long shot, but worth a shot nonetheless.  (would prefer RG3 on a cheap contract over Geno)

I realize I'm in the minority here and most view the situation with the exact opposite perspective.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This seems to be the ongoing cyclical debate here.  We just have to agree to disagree. 

1) I would only want Fitz as a back-up - I don't want to accept losing - just because it's competent losing  

2) I believe there's a better chance Kaep finds his old form and becomes a franchise QB than us drafting one this year. 

3) I believe Geno is worthy of another shot  - if it's either him or Fitz.  Might be a long shot, but worth a shot nonetheless.  (would prefer RG3 on a cheap contract over Geno)

I realize I'm in the minority here and most view the situation with the exact opposite perspective.

Boy I disagree with your first two points by a wide margin.  But I actually do agree geno deserves a shot, but that's it. Of course he deserves a shot, but I know he will squander it and not be our starting qb so it doesn't matter.. But he should get an opportunity none the less. 

Also, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but geno is better than kap. I know it's like what do I prefer horse sh*t or dog sh*t, we'll in this case I'll take the dog sh*t... Kapernick is absolutely garbage. No thank you.

And wow, competent losing? Im all for not paying Fitz money but wow. We were literally one game from the playoffs... Fitz gives us the best shot to win and he proved it. If geno plays last year we go 7-9 or 6-10. 

I mean seriously, what is people's fascination with geno. We know he sucks we saw him play for 2 years. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya, but starting Fitz is worse.  Instead of taking a shot on what might work (Geno) you would rather accept another year of missing the playoffs - just to make sure it's done gracefully.  

I would rather roll the dice.  

I have no idea what you're talking about.  There is literally nothing about Fitz in that post. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree with you on most of what you say here, with the exception of Kaep & RG3. Don't think Jets have any shot at Kaep, and don't think RG3 any better than what we have.To what we agree on. 1)Fitz....was brought here last year as a backup, almost an afterthought. Had great year, and Jets rewarded that by offering to more than double  his salary. He passed...fine. Offer off table...thanks for your service. 2)Geno....to be kind, has not be very good his first two years here. However, the offensive talent has dramatically improved over the last two years, and I would not be afraid to give him a shot. I would rather evaluate him over a full season with better players, and then make an informed decision,, rather then write him off now. To keep it in perspective, we gave Sanchez four years. 

Archived