Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

20 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Who was he throwing those bombs to?  Not Decker, Marshall or Smith.   I will be interested to see how he performs with those guys, if it comes to that. 

Rewatch the lowlights I posted, how is having any of those guys going to negate the things you see there?  Will he have better results with better Wr's?  Yup, will having better WR's stop him from committing numerous bone headed plays a year that have nothing to do with other players?  Nope.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, elgoman said:

I see interceptions on screens, which happens to most every rookie QB. I see a ball that 6'4 David Nelson allowed to become an interception. I see a sack which wasn't Geno's fault. I see Vick making a mistake. I see Geno running and fumbling, same as what Bortles did against us last year. I could go on but the gifs are ludicrous and show nothing.

I'm convinced you are his brother or father. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rewatch the lowlights I posted, how is having any of those guys going to negate the things you see there?  Will he have better results with better Wr's?  Yup, will having better WR's stop him from committing numerous bone headed plays a year that have nothing to do with other players?  Nope.

so Fitz was able to improve form his terrible career but geno can't?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So does Fitzpatrick.  Look at the Bills game and his entire career for that matter. 

The difference is, we dont know that Geno cant be better under Bowles/Gailey with a much better supporting cast.  Some can think he will still suck, but they dont really know.  It's just conjecture based on his first 2 seasons.  

Fitz sucked for 10 years and figured it out last year under the right circumstance.  Why cant the same thing happen for a younger, more talented player? 

If the Jets dont resign Fitz, who's the better option out there other than Geno? 

You missed that Raiders game then?

I really don't like the Jets chances if Geno is the quarterback it would make them a 4 win team from a 10 win team. From what I saw from watching him play he has potential but not enough to lead this team to a playoff spot. I really hope and pray that Fitzpatrick comes to his senses and resigns with the Jets because he is the stop gap hope for the Jets right now before its time for Bryce Petty to start which will be soon probably after this upcoming season.

I struggle with my identity when I read threads like these. I'm a jets FAN, and by virtue of association, that means I have something in common with too many dense belligerent human beings.

I can't actually recall a player in history of this franchise who receives so much unwarranted vitriol (Tom Brady-esque). He's been an utter disappointment thus far, but he's still a jet and there's still a chance, that is until he's not wearing green and white.

Mac's the man. He still has him on this team for a reason, deal with it or there's the fcking door. Go be a chargers fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The D was terrible too, it was a team loss for sure from the coaches to the O, D and STs.

I agree, that's what I was saying.  The member I quoted stated it was 100% on offense.  That wasn't the case at all. 

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I agree, that's what I was saying.  The member I quoted stated it was 100% on offense.  That wasn't the case at all. 

it as a total team effort.  such a shame w/ that great chance we had and we could have done some damage in the playoffs had we got in.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I want to be clear, I am not pounding the table for Fitz.  I am pounding the table against Geno.

I saw Geno play with all the same players in the Oak. game and he looked like Geno, terrible decision at the end of the game.

As for Geno becoming one of those guys that suck for a while then get better, well none of them got punched  in the face before they got better.

My choice is Fitz resigned for 2 years, Petty gets to watch one more year.  A QB is drafted this year who now gets to sit a year.  Cut Geno.

If Fitz can't be resigned then Bring in a Vet that will compete with Petty for the starting job.  If Petty loses then you know he aint the guy.

Next year you draft another QB until you find one.

That's fair.  

But again who's this vet you're going to sign?  Matt Flynn?  Josh Johnson? Matt Cassell? 

And if that's the answer, than what's the difference?  How is that any better and what does it do for the Jets? 

Nobody you're going to find is significantly better than Geno at this stage unless some crazy trade takes place.  It's sad but true.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's fair.  

But again who's this vet you're going to sign?  Matt Flynn?  Josh Johnson? Matt Cassell? 

And if that's the answer, than what's the difference?  How is that any better and what does it do for the Jets? 

Nobody you're going to find is significantly better than Geno at this stage unless some crazy trade takes place.  It's sad but true.

I could not disagree more, my opinion is they would all be better then Geno. 

I never want Geno to take a snap for the Jets ever again.  I was tortured for two years with that crap.  

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I am not pro Geno but he has not been given enough chances.  He was forced to start as a rookie when he wasn't ready, he had some up and down moments and we went 8-8.  In 2014 the team got off to a rough start and never recovered as the GM was finishing his sabotage of the HC.  He has never had a chance w/ the big time talent we have now.  He may still suck but unless Fitz is back he deserves another chance.

I think two years of starting is more than enough time to prove your worth as a QB.  Regardless of the quality of players around you, a QB has to elevate the offensive team and get the best out of each player, and Geno clearly didn't display any ability to do that and certainly didn't do anything to prove that he was a true leader. He is not a franchise QB, plain and simple.  QB's don't all of a sudden turn from pumpkins to princes because we want them to.  I'll say what Ive said all along - a stiff is a stiff is a stiff.  Geno is a stiff. Time to move on. The Jets just can't afford to waste any more time with him.  They have to keep hustling until they find their franchise QB. 

56 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I saw the Raiders Game, and as a matter of fact I just re-watched it on youtube .  I saw the Last Bills game, and the 1st Bills game, and I have to ask a question .  What am I missing ?

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I wouldnt use 3 quarters, in a called to action situation, on the road, getting blown out, while the D was putting up the worst performance I've ever seen, as the best barometer to measure what I'm talking about with Geno. 

If we're going to be that tedious and ridiculous, did you watch week 17? 

Or since we're going there, then lets get real stupid with it.  Extrapolate Geno's Oakland game out over a season:

4,240 yards, 32 TD's, 16 INT's, 64% completion percentage + 544 rushing yards

BOOOM!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I could not disagree more, my opinion is they would all be better then Geno. 

I never want Geno to take a snap for the Jets ever again.  I was tortured for two years with that crap.  

So this is a personal thing and not what's best for the Jets. 

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's fair.  

Exactly, this team is going to continue to have a suboptimal option at QB until they draft or trade for their guy, there's no way around it. You can't spend money on that position until you have a franchise player, the difference between geno and a vet scrub is negligible

7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Exactly, this team is going to continue to have a suboptimal option at QB until they draft or trade for their guy, there's no way around it. You can't spend money on that position until you have a franchise player, the difference between geno and a vet scrub is negligible

It just cracks me up at these people screaming at the top of their lungs against Geno.  I mean, cool, you have a personal thing and you hate him or whatever and never want to see him again blah blah blah.  I get it, I guess, not really but if the Jets dont resign Fitz, he's the best option.  Sad but true.  2nd year in the system, knows the team, has some chemistry with receivers, knows the division, has 29 starts, maybe possibly has some upside.

But no, lets not do that and start Matt Flynn because he's not Geno Smith.

So then next year at this time, we can be like, what about Geno Smith? 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno was better in the Raider game than Fitz was in games like the Redskins or either Bills game.  He was much better in fact.  

So, what does one game mean?  Nothing, especially given unlike Fitz in those games Geno didnt prepare with starters etc. leading up to that sunday.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In other words they haven't tried to break his jaw... yet 

If you recall, Decker was oozing over him in the offseason talking about his maturity and development.  Also, Brandon Marshall chose the Jets because of Geno and they moved in together and shared the same bed.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If you recall, Decker was oozing over him in the offseason talking about his maturity and development.  Also, Brandon Marshall chose the Jets because of Geno and they moved in together and shared the same bed.

So, Forte is here because of Geno too?:D Man, Cutler must have done some number on those dudes.

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I want to be clear, I am not pounding the table for Fitz.  I am pounding the table against Geno.

I saw Geno play with all the same players in the Oak. game and he looked like Geno, terrible decision at the end of the game.

As for Geno becoming one of those guys that suck for a while then get better, well none of them got punched  in the face before they got better.

My choice is Fitz resigned for 2 years, Petty gets to watch one more year.  A QB is drafted this year who now gets to sit a year.  Cut Geno.

If Fitz can't be resigned then Bring in a Vet that will compete with Petty for the starting job.  If Petty loses then you know he aint the guy.

Next year you draft another QB until you find one.

Thats because most teams dont have morons like IK on their roster.  Not because Geno was on the roster.  Or better yet, before 24/7 sports networks and the internet you had no clue who hit who on a team, any sport.  Unless we're stupid enough to believe that with 4 major sports over all the years of their existence no two players ever fought.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats because most teams dont have morons like IK on their roster. 

Most teams lack QB's who stiff defenders over 600$ and challenge their manhood in the locker room. Most teams have QBs who either settle their debts and/or treat their defenders with basic respect. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

those guys don't have to watch the games. 

Just now, bitonti said:

Most teams lack QB's who stiff defenders over 600$ and challenge their manhood in the locker room. Most teams have QBs who either settle their debts and/or treat their defenders with basic respect. 

I thought you were better than this Bit.

Please quit throwing bones to the hungry dawgs

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I thought you were better than this Bit.

Please quit throwing bones to the hungry dawgs

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Wow really .

So I guess you're just another one of those hungry Dawgs  .

Dude Geno Smith is a sh*t sandwich. I'm not going to eat it and smile. If Geno Smith is the QB of the NYJ, i won't watch. It's as simple as that. IT doesn't make me a bad fan it makes me a good manager of my time. 

it honestly baffles me when anyone entertains the idea that he could be good. He's never going to be good. He's Geno friggin Smith. I don't care if he gets 10 offseasons to learn. The guy can't make decisions in real time. That can't be fixed. 

he can't read a defense he can't read when someone's going to punch him in the face. He's a hard working smart person just not an NFL QB. 

35 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think two years of starting is more than enough time to prove your worth as a QB.  Regardless of the quality of players around you, a QB has to elevate the offensive team and get the best out of each player, and Geno clearly didn't display any ability to do that and certainly didn't do anything to prove that he was a true leader. He is not a franchise QB, plain and simple.  QB's don't all of a sudden turn from pumpkins to princes because we want them to.  I'll say what Ive said all along - a stiff is a stiff is a stiff.  Geno is a stiff. Time to move on. The Jets just can't afford to waste any more time with him.  They have to keep hustling until they find their franchise QB. 

Using that logic how in the world did Fitz keep getting chances?

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Dude Geno Smith is a sh*t sandwich. I'm not going to eat it and smile. If Geno Smith is the QB of the NYJ, i won't watch. It's as simple as that. IT doesn't make me a bad fan it makes me a good manager of my time. 

I never questioned your fan hood or what you should do with your time.  You have made your opinion known on that player.  What I have an issue with is having to read this dribble in every single thread I open.

I like chatting with fellow Jet fans when I can, but this is getting ridiculous .

Archived