Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I haven't missed a Jets game in like 120 years.

I was just saying he threw two touchdown passes per game on average. And you said touchdowns \ INT ratio wasn't important.

It is.

Neither have I. Congrats, fitz had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. Now what? Hopefully it starts to set in that we didn't make the playoffs with a really solid defense, really good supporting cast, good OC, good Coach. You don't realize that if he was more accurate, didn't kill drives, kept momentum going with his QB play, he would've been resigned already. Hows that TD/INT ratio working out now. Hang your argument on that all you want, but for many of us, that ratio doesn't dictate good QB play. I don't fall for stats alone, I watch and analyze as well. Its like the argument of Rex always having top 5 defenses. Ya great, although they were always good for 2-3 game changing meltdowns or penalties a game. But the stats tell the whole story don't they.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick 

21-metlife-bowl_snoopy_3d_bronze_trophy.

Manning 

trophy1.jpg

You can ignore te truth, but that won't change it.

Manning got the trophy he did because of the 52 other players who made it happen.  He didn't.  For most of the year, he was a detriment.

Fitz got nothing, true enough at that, but he raised the game of every single player on the Jets O, giving some the best years of their career, and breaking our franchise records.

There is no real debate to be had here, Fitz was better than Manning in 2015 by no small margin, and had Manning come back in 2016, Fitz would almost assuredly be better than him again.

And by the way, your "no one wants Fitz" meme is a little flawed, gieven everyone in the NFL knows they could have Geno Smith for a 7th round pick (or bad of used footballs), yet no one seems to be inquiring.  Just say'in.

Just now, Warfish said:

Yep, only about the same number of games it takes Geno Smith two years to win.  But other than that...

Fitz is 43-63-1 in his career as a starter(41% win %)

Geno is 11-18(38%)

both are 0% in postseason

they are much more similar than you think.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So let me get this straight. If you don't make the playoffs with a 10-6, with a new coaching staff and GM off of a 4-12 and with a broken thumb you're a bum. And it's all the Qbs fault. 

it certainly wasn't all his fault but this nonsense about 4-12 and new coaching staff needs to end.  we had playoff talent in 2015 while in 2014 our GM was sabotaging our HC so he could fire him.  He had one of the most talented offenses in team history around him along w/ a familiar OC and an easy as cake schedule.  There was no excuse not to get to the playoffs.  he doesn't get a cookie for going 10-6 w/ that talent against that sched.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it certainly wasn't all his fault but this nonsense about 4-12 and new coaching staff needs to end.  we had playoff talent in 2015 while in 2014 our GM was sabotaging our HC so he could fire him.  He had one of the most talented offenses in team history around him along w/ a familiar OC and an easy as cake schedule.  There was no excuse not to get to the playoffs.  he doesn't get a cookie for going 10-6 w/ that talent against that sched.

:good:

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You can ignore te truth, but that won't change it.

Manning got the trophy he did because of the 52 other players who made it happen.  He didn't.  For most of the year, he was a detriment.

Fitz got nothing, true enough at that, but he raised the game of every single player on the Jets O, giving some the best years of their career, and breaking our franchise records.

There is no real debate to be had here, Fitz was better than Manning in 2015 by no small margin, and had Manning come back in 2016, Fitz would almost assuredly be better than him again.

And by the way, your "no one wants Fitz" meme is a little flawed, gieven everyone in the NFL knows they could have Geno Smith for a 7th round pick (or bad of used footballs), yet no one seems to be inquiring.  Just say'in.

Why isn't Denver signing Fitzpatrick if he is better than Manning.

Decker and Marshall were both superstar WRs without Fitzpatrick as their QB 

Show me a link that proves the Jets are trying to trade Geno.

29 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Neither have I. Congrats, fitz had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. Now what? Hopefully it starts to set in that we didn't make the playoffs with a really solid defense, really good supporting cast, good OC, good Coach. You don't realize that if he was more accurate, didn't kill drives, kept momentum going with his QB play, he would've been resigned already. Hows that TD/INT ratio working out now. Hang your argument on that all you want, but for many of us, that ratio doesn't dictate good QB play. I don't fall for stats alone, I watch and analyze as well. Its like the argument of Rex always having top 5 defenses. Ya great, although they were always good for 2-3 game changing meltdowns or penalties a game. But the stats tell the whole story don't they.

Dude, you are preaching to the choir. If this was up to me I am not sure I would give Fitz 7 million per year. That it the theoretical top limit for me.

I know his limitations. I know that he lost the game against Buffalo.

The only thing I was saying is that TD \ INT ratio is important. It can't be dismissed.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Site Admin trolling by starting new Fitz threads after merging Fitz threads.

Well played Max, well played.

When you say it that way, you make it sound evil lol.

Being 100% serious, these videos are more for everyone else: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and less for the forums. The threads start automatically when we do a new front page post. So eventually this one will get merged in to the Fitz dump. :)

But for now sit back, watch the video and enjoy the sound of @courtnj18 's voice lol.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Denver acquired a better QB already, one who has proven teams can win with him when they have talent like Fitz had around him last year.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Denver acquired a better QB already, one who has proven teams can win with him when they have talent like Fitz had around him last year.

No one is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick how dare you insult all the Fitzapologists like that!!!!!!!

Sanchez has never won a damn thing. 

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That's a lot of nonsense. Nobody was trying to sabotage Rex. Idzik was trying to build a secondary via the draft.  Mac grossly overpaid for Revis (not his fault imo it was the owner) and we're feeling the effects now. Plus Idzik  got Sheldon Richardson and a 4th for a guy who had a serious injury. Taking that 4-12 blame away from Rex is BS. And spin from Rex via Mehta and Cimini. Both of whom now can't give any more planted stories. Because they are out of the loop. They have no information.

Fitz will sign in due time.  Can't blame the guy, he's off a career year, He's trying to get his big last pay check.  After the Denver issue is resolved Fitz will accept the fact that no one else is going to pay him as much as the Jets.

Thing is right now he knows that Macc and Bowles have no desire to see smith out there in September, and he is going to play that to get a few extra million.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you honestly think, last year, that Peyton was better than Fitz?   Not over the last 10 years, not Peyton on the Colts vs Fitz on the Bills.   Just last year, the last 16 regular season games played.

22 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Thing is right now he knows that Macc and Bowles have no desire to see smith out there in September, and he is going to play that to get a few extra million.

*No problem at all with Fitz getting a few extra million.

*(So long as the starting point is $500k.)

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Well, Fitz played for Kubiak, and I'm sure Kubiak doesn't think he's a good fit there.   Sanchez actually might be a very good fit for what Kubiak likes to do, some play action, roll outs, things like that.

Fitz is a good fit for what the Jets like to do now.  Sometimes, it's about finding a QB who is a good fit for the system.  I believe that Fitz is the best option for what the Jets do now.  If they somehow find a QB in the 1st or 2nd round they like, grab him.   Let the rookie learn for a year while a vet can teach them about how to be a pro.

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's a lot of nonsense. Nobody was trying to sabotage Rex. Idzik was trying to build a secondary via the draft.  Mac grossly overpaid for Revis (not his fault imo it was the owner) and we're feeling the effects now. Plus Idzik  got Sheldon Richardson and a 4th for a guy who had a serious injury. Taking that 4-12 blame away from Rex is BS. And spin from Rex via Mehta and Cimini. Both of whom now can't give any more planted stories. Because they are out of the loop. They have no information.

The GM was sabotaging Rex, he wanted Rex gone after 2013 but going 8-8 w/ that awful roster made Woody save him.  He did very little that offseason and was holding money for the following offseason when he thought he'd be able to hire a new coach.

Rex deserves dome blame, he went 8-8 w/ an awful roster in 2013, he should have been able to do better in 2014 but we didn't have half the talent we had in 2015.

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Do you honestly think, last year, that Peyton was better than Fitz?   Not over the last 10 years, not Peyton on the Colts vs Fitz on the Bills.   Just last year, the last 16 regular season games played.

Fitzpatrick had a great season no doubt hip hip hooray. The Jets sat home for the playoffs boo. 

The NFL is about the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. 

Fitzpatrick hasnt been signed longterm by 5 previous teams prior to being a Jets QB,why should we throw big money at him. 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Well, Fitz played for Kubiak, and I'm sure Kubiak doesn't think he's a good fit there.   Sanchez actually might be a very good fit for what Kubiak likes to do, some play action, roll outs, things like that.

Fitz is a good fit for what the Jets like to do now.  Sometimes, it's about finding a QB who is a good fit for the system.  I believe that Fitz is the best option for what the Jets do now.  If they somehow find a QB in the 1st or 2nd round they like, grab him.   Let the rookie learn for a year while a vet can teach them about how to be a pro.

Kubiak was gone by the time Fitz got to Houston.

i choose "to fitz".

he is the perfect stop gap competant qb to hold the fort for a year or 2 till a better option comes along. but not close to his asking price

trading high draft picks for guys like kaep and glennon seems, to me anyways, too much of a risk. sure they have their upside and are young, but its a gamble. if there asking price were to come down to a 3rd or 4th, i might be swayed to take that gamble.

i would rather have fitz than hoyer

i dont have confidence in geno at all. but he is still young and maybe he learned something from last year. but i wouldnt go into this year with him penciled in as the starter. if/when the jets sign fitzpatrick, and if geno outplays him and takes the starting job, thats all good. just means we have a 1m starter and an $8m backup for a year or so

petty is a project

Just now, ylekram said:

i choose "to fitz".

he is the perfect stop gap competant qb to hold the fort for a year or 2 till a better option comes along. but not close to his asking price

trading high draft picks for guys like kaep and glennon seems, to me anyways, too much of a risk. sure they have their upside and are young, but its a gamble. if there asking price were to come down to a 3rd or 4th, i might be swayed to take that gamble.

i would rather have fitz than hoyer

i dont have confidence in geno at all. but he is still young and maybe he learned something from last year. but i wouldnt go into this year with him penciled in as the starter. if/when the jets sign fitzpatrick, and if geno outplays him and takes the starting job, thats all good. just means we have a 1m starter and an $8m backup for a year or so

47 years and counting............ENOUGH with the STOP GAP QBs on this damn team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_macpcrHXgN1qa4v5yo1_500.gif

Just now, joewilly12 said:

47 years and counting............ENOUGH with the STOP GAP QBs on this damn team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_macpcrHXgN1qa4v5yo1_500.gif

ok, joe. you run down to the qb depot and pick us up a coupla franchise qb's. i heard they are on sale this week

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

just means we have a 1m starter and an $8m backup for a year or so

This is what scares me.  

Instead give Fitz 3mil guaranteed with a 5mil bonus if he starts most games AND reaches the playoffs.  

History shows we'll save 5mil.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick had a great season no doubt hip hip hooray. The Jets sat home for the playoffs boo. 

The NFL is about the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. 

Fitzpatrick hasnt been signed longterm by 5 previous teams prior to being a Jets QB,why should we throw big money at him. 

Look, I want to see them win.   I've been a fan since the Mud Bowl, literally. 

But, if the only way you ever draw satisfaction from your team is watching them win the SB, on average you will be happy every 30-40 years.  Fitz gave us the best QB play we have had since what... Vinny?  No one is saying give him 15 million a year, but if you can get him back for 8-10, he gives them a much better chance to do something next year than anyone else available. 

I don't pretend that he is a HOF/ MVP candidate.  You act like he is a piece of crap, and he's not that either.

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

ok, joe. you run down to the qb depot and pick us up a coupla franchise qb's. i heard they are on sale this week

You guys dont get it stop gap is bullsh*t meanwhile our great defense and wrs get old and we win nothing here the vicious NY Jets cycle. 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Look, I want to see them win.   I've been a fan since the Mud Bowl, literally. 

But, if the only way you ever draw satisfaction from your team is watching them win the SB, on average you will be happy every 30-40 years.  Fitz gave us the best QB play we have had since what... Vinny?  No one is saying give him 15 million a year, but if you can get him back for 8-10, he gives them a much better chance to do something next year than anyone else available. 

I don't pretend that he is a HOF/ MVP candidate.  You act like he is a piece of crap, and he's not that either.

We need to commit to a young QB and take our lumps with one not a 33 year old journeyman who has 0 playoff history in his career. 

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The GM was sabotaging Rex, he wanted Rex gone after 2013 but going 8-8 w/ that awful roster made Woody save him.  He did very little that offseason and was holding money for the following offseason when he thought he'd be able to hire a new coach.

Rex deserves dome blame, he went 8-8 w/ an awful roster in 2013, he should have been able to do better in 2014 but we didn't have half the talent we had in 2015.

Somewhere between thes two extreme bits of nonsense there may actually be some truth, just can't find it through the BS.  There is absolutely no proof anywhere that Idzik tried to sabotage Rex and there is no proof that Woody made Macc sign Revis at any cost.  

Archived