Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

Unless we trade for Glennon I wouldn't be shocked if we had the same 3 qb's next season.  Geno is cheap and better than most backup qb's in the nfl

You may be correct on the roster prediction but I have seen zero evidence to support the highlighted text.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we trade for Glennon I wouldn't be shocked if we had the same 3 qb's next season.  Geno is cheap and better than most backup qb's in the nfl

From a practical standpoint, and a cap stand point it makes sense for smith to be back.   I don't think he will be.

When Fitz went down with his thumb, it made sense to give smith a start.  They didn't.  They acted like Fitz was Brady or Manning and was their only chance to win.  Not  exactly a big vote of confidence for smith.  I don't think smith wants to be back, and will ask to be moved in the off-season.  It is clear Fitz will be the starter next season barring, as you said a trade.   Really don't think smith wants to be involved in a camp fight with Petty for the back up spot.  If he losses, and he might,  his career is over.

smith said an odd thing after he played in the Raiders game.  "I'm young, and auditioning for who ever might be watching"  Doesn't sound like a player who is vested in his current team.

Think his agent will be given permission to negotiate a trade.  If anybody offers anything, he'll be gone.    

He'd rather see Fitz fail (and have his opinion vindicated) than see the Jets win. Complete fool.

One of the saddest aspects of Internet fan culture IMO.

You see it everywhere, not just sports, for example, Star Wars threads on forums everywhere are also full of it.

In any population, some people prefer to be right than to be happy.

Me, I will ALWAYS choose to be wrong and see the Jets succeed.  If me being wrong on every opinion could somehow help the Jets win a Super Bowl, sign me up for PatsFanTX-level stupid ignorance.

We, as a fanbase, are too damn jaded.  Some time you simply should just enjoy the ride.

-- The well-traveled quarterback with no postseason appearances on the back of his football card is only one win from the playoffs. To get it, he'll have to beat the team that fired him three years ago, the Buffalo Bills.

Ryan Fitzpatrick smiled at the coincidence.

"Yeah, it's a crazy circumstance, that it's going to come down to that in Buffalo," he said Sunday after the New York Jets' 26-20 overtime win over the New England Patriots.

It's a delicious subplot.

Fitzpatrick will have the opportunity because of yet another clutch performance. For the third time in the past four games, he led a game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime. This time, he closed the deal with a 6-yard touchdown pass to Eric Decker on the first possession of overtime -- two minutes, 37 seconds after Bill Belichick's head-scratching decision to kick off after winning the coin toss.Belichick is the smartest coach in the NFL, but this decision made little sense. He kept his future Hall of Fame quarterback on the sideline, hoping his defense -- riddled by injuries in the secondary -- would stop Fitzpatrick & Co. on the first possession. That way, they'd need only a field goal to win. The Patriots forced the Jets to punt on their three previous series, so maybe Belichick thought Fitzpatrick's magic had disappeared.

He thought wrong. As it turned out, Fitzpatrick did what Tom Brady has done to the Jets so many times over the years: He affixed his autograph to the game, making all the winning plays in crunch time.Fitzpatrick hit Quincy Enunwa for 48 yards. He hit Brandon Marshall for 20. With MetLife Stadium in a state of delirium, he hit Decker for the game winner.He did it to the New York Giants, did it to the Dallas Cowboys. Now it was time to give the Patriots a sampling of FitzMagic."They didn't panic," coach Todd Bowles said of Fitzpatrick and his playmakers. "We showed poise where, in the past, we hadn't. That's growth on their part. That's a good team effort. Fitz has been playing like that for a while now."

The Jets (10-5) have won five straight, and Fitzpatrick has 13 touchdown passes and only one interception over that span. You keep waiting for the clock to strike midnight, but ... time ... is ... moving ... very ... slowly for this team. The Jets haven't had a run like this since 2010, their last playoff season. Now they control their own destiny, needing a win over the Bills to snap the drought."It's great, but we have to get the job done," said Fitzpatrick, who passed for 296 yards and three touchdowns. "We have to work hard this week and go to Buffalo with a million different story lines there. We have to win the game. I'm excited that it's figured out at this point that we do control our own destiny, but we have to take care of business."

Fitzpatrick spent four seasons in Buffalo, never getting a chance to play for the playoffs. That shot comes Sunday.

>   http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/57455/ryan-fitzpatrick-stages-another-rally-sets-up-crazy-showdown-in-buffalo

-- It all happened so quickly Sunday afternoon, the Pittsburgh Steelers losing, the confusing coin toss, the New York Jets with the ball, the whole big jumble of weirdness that gave the Jets a rare chance to vanquish a perennial nemesis and control their playoff future.

So let's take it piece by piece. The Steelers lost to the Ravens 20-17, looking oddly disinterested in the process and imperiling their own wild-card hopes. That game ended right around the time the Jets and Patriots went out to midfield for the overtime coin toss, an action necessitated by the Jets first blowing a 17-3 lead and then a 20-13 lead with two minutes left in the game.But the Patriots won the toss, and this had all the makings of a few Tom Brady passes to Rob Gronkowski to set up a field goal from the best kicker in the game, Stephen Gostkowski.

Except Matthew Slater said the Patriots wanted to kick off. He had double checked -- asking three or four times -- when Bill Belichick told him.Belichick had made unconventional game management decisions in the past -- going for it on fourth-and-2 against Peyton Manning or intentionally taking a safety -- but this had shades of Marty Mornhinweg, kicking off in overtime when there was a chance the Patriots would never touch the ball.

On the Jets' sideline, Brandon Marshall's first reaction when he heard the Patriots win the toss, was "stop 'em."

"Then, it was our ball, and it was 'What the hell?' "But what the heck, the Jets went on their best drive of the day.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had been off target for parts of the day, especially on some deep balls, and Quincy Enunwa had let Fitzpatrick's best pass of the day -- a bomb down the middle of the field that might have averted overtime entirely -- fall off his fingertips. But with this rare, head-scratching gift, Fitzpatrick roused the offense that has sprung to life in the last month and has propelled the Jets to five straight victories. He completed a short pass to Enunwa, who turned the catch into a 48-yard gain. He had Marshall for 20 yards. And then, five offensive plays after Belichick made his fateful call, Fitzpatrick hit Eric Decker for a 6-yard touchdown pass. Before the frame-by-frame analysis of the coin toss was even over, before the comments by officials and players could even be fully deciphered, the game was over, and the Jets had won 26-20.

"I had broken the team down and I said, 'When we win, don't act like we won the Super Bowl,' " Marshall said later. "We won -- everybody stormed the field, the freaking fireworks go off."

Marshall found his old Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, now New England's offensive coordinator, amid the celebration and sought an explanation for what had just happened. Marshall said McDaniels told him the Patriots wanted to play the field position game -- that their injury-decimated offense had done so little during the day (just one touchdown drive late in the fourth quarter) that they would put the game in the hands of their defense instead, hoping to stop the Jets deep in their own territory, force a punt and then have a short field for what would have been the game-winning field goal try.

"He explained a little but I didn't believe him," Marshall said.

Belichick echoed what McDaniels had said: "I thought that was the best thing to do. There wasn't any confusion."It was, it turned out, a gross miscalculation -- the Patriots never touched the ball in overtime, having perhaps underestimated the Jets' offense -- but it might not have been a total loss for the Patriots. The Jets' victory, combined with the Steelers' loss, makes it less likely that the Steelers will make the playoffs, and the Steelers' explosive offense would seem to be a more dangerous playoff opponent for the Patriots than the Jets, who have beaten the Patriots just twice since defeating them in the playoffs of January 2011.

The Patriots can still clinch the No. 1 overall seed in the AFC with a win over Miami in Week 17. And the truth is that they nearly beat the Jets without receivers Julian Edelman or Danny Amendola, without defensive backs Devin McCourty or Patrick Chung and without left tackle Sebastian Vollmer, who left with an ankle injury early in the game. Belichick may have been right, after all, to have limited confidence in his offense under those conditions after a day in which the Jets limited the Patriots to one -- yes, one -- third-down conversion in 10 tries. The Patriots' primary goal now, with the AFC East already assured and a first-round bye already in their pockets, is to rest their players and get them into as good health as possible before the divisional round of the playoffs. They are probably good enough to beat the Dolphins at half strength. They were very nearly good enough to beat the Jets, too.But this is a different Jets team than the one that folded into a heap of mistakes against the Patriots earlier this season. Their previous four wins had come against losing teams, but beating the Patriots felt different, a step up in class even if New England had taken half a step down because of a full injury report.

"We've grown since the middle of the season, we're finding ways to pull games out," Jets coach Todd Bowles said. "We're still growing. I'm not saying we've arrived. But they fought. They're gritty."

In recent years, the Jets borrowed plenty of Rex Ryan's swagger without taking on any of his early success with the Jets. Bowles is not the boasting sort, but for a franchise that acknowledges the Patriots are the king of the hill -- they have colonized the hill, in reality -- this victory was important psychologically. The Jets had to prove to themselves -- and maybe to the Patriots, too -- that they are capable of beating the Patriots when they have to. So that maybe the next time they meet, and it could be during the playoffs, Belichick will have to think twice about daring the Jets' offense to beat him.But first, the Jets have to win one more game against, well, everybody knew it would come to this from the day the schedule was announced, the Bills. Fitzpatrick still has friends in Buffalo -- it's also where he and Chan Gailey first had success together -- and he shook his head and ruefully noted that there would be no shortage of material for reporters this week. And within a few minutes of that weird sequence of events, there was another installment, Ryan behind the podium.

"We don't want to be in a spoiler role," Ryan said. "That wasn't our goal. But the Jets know they're going to get our best shot."They didn't really get one of those from the Patriots. But after so many years of futility against their archrival, the Jets were probably due for some weirdness to go their way. They will take a strange decision, a victory and another breath of playoff life however they can get them.

>     http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000610717/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-make-most-of-patriots-ot-decision-in-win

Thoughts and observations on the New York Jets :

1. Merry Fitz-mas: For two years, the Jets haven't had to worry about a big quarterback contract on their books, providing salary-cap flexibility at other positions. That will change in the coming months. Ryan Fitzpatrick's career year will result in a bigger contract than anyone could've imagined in July, when he began training camp as Geno Smith's backup. IK Enemkpali changed that.If he stays with the Jets, Fitzpatrick, 33, could land a deal that will pay him as much as $12 million annually, according to a prominent agent. He's making $3.25 million this season, the final year of the two-year deal he signed with the Houston Texans."He's probably in the $10 million-to-$12 million range," said the agent, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "He's proven he can be effective if the team has enough cap room to spend on key players, keeping the right people around him. Let's call him a B-plus player. If he has A-minus talent around him, it can work.

"The Jets have 14 games of data and they're 9-5. They're probably thinking, 'Let's continue down this course.' If his reps ask $15 million or more, then [the Jets] have to go in a different direction because I wouldn't say he's in that top group [of quarterbacks]. They don't want to saddle the rest of the roster with a bloated quarterback contract."A $12 million-a-year contract would put Fitzpatrick approximately 20th among quarterbacks. Obviously, the important number is the size of the guarantee. You have to figure he'll be looking for something north of $20 million. Consider: He had a $24 million guarantee on the last big deal he signed. That was October 2011, when he received a six-year, $59 million contact from the Buffalo Bills. It turned out to be a bad decision by the Bills.

The 2016 quarterback market is thin and there are no viable alternatives on the roster, so it behooves the Jets to keep Fitzpatrick around.

2. Saying goodbye: Sunday could be the final home game for several prominent veterans, including a handful of potential free agents: Running backs Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell, nose tackle Damon Harrison and linebackers Demario Davis and Calvin Pace. Potential cap casualties are cornerback Antonio Cromartie ($8 million cap charge), punt returner Jeremy Kerley ($3.1 million) and tight end Jeff Cumberland ($1.9 million). I'd say the team is most interested in retaining Ivory and Harrison, but it's hard to predict how things will shake out. There are so many variables.

3. The coaching market: As always, there will be a lot of movement in the coaching ranks as soon as the season is over. There could be anywhere from six to 10 new head coaches. One name on the radar of the NFL's head-coaching search committee, which recommends candidates to teams, is Jets receivers coach Karl Dorrell. With the Rooney Rule in place, Dorrell could be requested for interviews.Not only has he done a nice job with the Jets' receivers -- Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker have more receptions (165) than any tandem in the league -- but Dorrell is the only current African-American NFL assistant to have a winning record as an NFL or Power 5 college coach, having compiled a 35-27 record in five seasons as UCLA head coach (2003-2007). He has worked under several big-name coaches, including Bill Parcells.Obviously, the Jets' success under Todd Bowles will create more exposure for his assistants. Kacy Rodgers, who has only one year of experience as a defensive coordinator, is a name to watch in the future.

4. No one is saying they cheat, but ...: It wouldn't be a Jets-Patriots game if we didn't have at least one item about a New England tactic that has raised eyebrows. Special-teams coach Bobby April said he spoke Monday to Dean Blandino, the NFL's head of officiating, about a rule interpretation. While defending field goals, the Patriots like to stem their line, meaning their linemen move laterally before the snap in an attempt to get the opponents' blockers to flinch. It worked in the first meeting, as James Carpenter was called for a false start.The Dallas Cowboys used it last week against the Jets, so April, knowing he could see it again from the Patriots, reached out to the league office. Yes, it's legal, he was told.But there are some who believe it's a cheap trick, capitalizing on a loophole in the rules, which are designed to prevent the defense from inducing a false start. As long as the defensive player isn't moving vertically toward the ball, the shifting is allowed. When I asked April if the Patriots' shifting violates the spirit of the rule, he referenced his conversation with Blandino, saying, "That's what we talked about. What's the difference if it's intentional?"Something to think about when the Jets are lining up for a field goal.

5. The Butler is doing it: Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey played a small role in Malcolm Butler's Cinderella story. Gailey, out of football in January 2014, coached Butler in the Medal of Honor Bowl, a postseason all-star game in Charleston, South Carolina. Gailey was so impressed with Butler, out of Division II West Alabama, that he reportedly recommended him to Patriots coach Bill Belichick. New England signed him as an undrafted free agent and ... well, you know the rest.

6. Homegrown: Muhammad Wilkerson became the first player from the Jets' past eight drafts to be selected to the Pro Bowl. Fellow defensive end Sheldon Richardson played in the Pro Bowl last year, but he went as an alternate. Former general manager Mike Tannenbaum is long gone, but two of the team's three Pro Bowl selections -- Wilkerson and cornerback Darrelle Revis -- were his picks in 2011 and 2007, respectively.

7. Follow the leader: Linebacker Pace offered some insight on how the players slowly broke away from the Rex Ryan way and committed themselves to Bowles. It wasn't an overnight transition, according to Pace, who said it didn't happen until the midseason swoon."Guys looked at themselves in the mirror and said, 'Just follow him. Just listen to what he's saying,'" Pace said. "It's just clicking. Guys bought all the way in and said, 'Hey, listen, follow Todd.' It has worked out for us."

8. Mr. Red Zone: Decker has 25 red-zone targets, four more than any other player in the league. He has received 37 percent of the Jets' red-zone targets; the only player in the league above one-third is Miami's Jarvis Landry (33.3 percent).

>    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/57420/jets-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-in-line-for-jaw-dropping-contract

Where we pick in the draft won't be high so I would like to see us go after the 6'6 tall Glennon who just turned 26 a couple of weeks ago.. 

Where we pick in the draft won't be high so I would like to see us go after the 6'6 tall Glennon who just turned 26 a couple of weeks ago.. 

Like Glennon a lot will Tampa let him go, not sure. At what cost You will not get him for a 6th. Tampa most likely will want 2 picks. Mid round this year and a conditional 

In today's Monday Morning Quarterback column, Sports Illustrated's Peter King rates Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick as a top five candidate for MVP.

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick, quarterback, New York Jets. (LW: not rated.)

My upset pick here. I chose Fitzpatrick by a hair over Brandon Marshall, who achieved his sixth 100-catch season Sunday. I did it because week in and week out, Fitzpatrick gives a very strong Jets defense precisely what it needs out of the offense—just enough punch (3,724 passing yards, 29 touchdown passes, 12 picks)—and provides New York with the leadership it sorely lacked at quarterback with Geno Smith.

Cam Newton, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, and Andy Dalton were King's top four.

Voters use different criteria for the way they cast their MVP ballot. Some just vote for the guy they think was the best player no matter the outside circumstances. Others vote for the player they think carried the biggest load to make a team successful. Many factor in positional value.

I think no matter the criteria, it is difficult to make a case for Fitzpatrick as the MVP. He doesn't have the statistical case. He has a good supporting cast to help him carry the load both in terms of defense and receiving targets. I think most people watching the Jets would conclude Marshall has been the team's offensive MVP. He has made life a lot easier on Fitzpatrick and been a matchup nightmare all season for opponents.

With that said, Fitzpatrick's play has far surpassed my wildest expectations. During this five game winning streak, Fitzpatrick has 13 touchdowns against just 1 interception. Did anybody expect a 29-12 touchdown-interception rate and a quarterback rating over 90? Fitzpatrick isn't just a guy holding the fort and riding shotgun as the defense wins games. He is going out and making plays to help the Jets win.

The MVP consideration might be going a tad overboard, but it's cool to see Fitzpatrick getting this kind of praise.

Guys, I'm hopping off the Fitz bandwagon.  

All these games Fitz has been winning is costing us a high draft pick that could have been used to land a top OL who could help protect Mike Glennon.

C'mon johnny, come to the light.  LOL

Almost every one you are accusing of being a "fanboy" is aware of Fitz's physical limitations .   Almost no one wants him to be the starting QB on the Jets in 2 years........But, c'mon right now there is no one on the Jets who is a better QB........He's a hard guy not to like.

Clearly the CS likes him.  The players seem to love him.  He's won the fans over...........Most importantly, right now he's playing dang good football.   Don't know what's going to happen Sunday, but so far he's been really fun to watch.

Have some fun.

If someone told you before this season started you could get 30 + TD's passing 2-3 TD's rushing 12 Ints and 2 Fumbles from your QB for the next 5 years would you sign up for that ?

Because Fitz is fully capable of doing that and he's doing it with out a TE and without a receiving back for most of the season/. If the Jets make a big splash with a TE and a RB this offense is going to be downright scary not just because of Fitz but because it seems they are all very well coached and they all get along and have fun. Oh Did I mention they have brains as well ? I mean compare the brain power of Decker/Marshall to Holmes/Gates /Schilens/ and some of the other morons we have brought in here

this will be very close to fitzugh's new contract

Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $68,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $45,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,000,000. In 2015, Smith will earn a base salary of $11,900,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000.

Guys, I'm hopping off the Fitz bandwagon.  

All these games Fitz has been winning is costing us a high draft pick that could have been used to land a top OL who could help protect Mike Glennon.

Not what I meant by all means keep Fitz replace Geno with Glennon I love Fitzmagic..

Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $68,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $45,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,000,000. In 2015, Smith will earn a base salary of $11,900,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000.

Dude you keep finding a more expensive contract to use as comparison.  I swear you're just trying to show everyone "look!!  look now what we're gonna have to pay him because he's playing well!" as if it's a bad thing.  What is up with you man? 

You are not paying him, but woody will, that is the comp Fitzy's agent will use to get a deal.  A Fair deal if you believe Fitz is equal to smith

I like Fitzpatrick, but I'm not paying him $16M.  I don't think I'm paying him $10M.

I think Fitz will stay for a deal that helps the team he loves playing with Marshall and Decker if they offered him 3 times this year(9 million) he would stay IMO.. They can throw in more if he makes the playoffs etc

I like Fitzpatrick, but I'm not paying him $16M.  I don't think I'm paying him $10M.

Good thing then you don't pay anyone on the Jets, eh?

I am sure Fitz will be resigned, and I am sure his contract will be for 2 years (likely with option years), will be market value for a QB his age/career and factoring in this years amazing run, and he will go into 2016 the Jets uncontested #1 Starting QB.

Geno Smith will be cut.

Petty will be our #2, and the Jets will draft or aquire another developmental QB prospect to pair in competition with Petty.

It will not be Glennon, it will not be that dude from Tenn, it will not be Kapernick, etc, etc, etc.

Fans who hate this idea likely need to come to terms with it sooner rather than later, because it is almost assuredly what is going to happen, barring complete disaster in Buffalo this weekend of the 4 INT Fitz-single-handedly-loses-the-game variety.

Dude you keep finding a more expensive contract to use as comparison.  I swear you're just trying to show everyone "look!!  look now what we're gonna have to pay him because he's playing well!" as if it's a bad thing.  What is up with you man? 

That's the comp his agent will use. This was also on moving the chains with Kirwin. 

You are not paying him, but woody will, that is the comp Fitzy's agent will use to get a deal.  A Fair deal if you believe Fitz is equal to smith

No.  It's a fair deal if you think that Fitz is equal to Smith and you don't think that Smith is grossly overpaid. 

I can see the team going as high as $10-12M, but I will be flaming pissed if they go over that.  Personally, I think even that is too much.  Fitzpatrick has been getting in the $3-4M range since the Bills cut him.  He has been on the open market and signed deals and I am not in favor of quadrupling them because we put him in a position to succeed. He is not that good and he is not that durable.  If the team were going to look at giving him that much they should have locked him up for 2-3 years at $5-6M during the season.  I tend to think this is a bunch of press and posturing and that he will sign for something like 3 years at $8M per and everybody will feel like they got a decent deal. 

You guys want to pay the ultimate journeyman, but lowball Wilkerson? 

I tend to think this is a bunch of press and posturing and that he will sign for something like 3 years at $8M per and everybody will feel like they got a decent deal. 

You guys want to pay the ultimate journeyman, but lowball Wilkerson? 

I think 3 x 8 mil is quite possible, although I personally think it will be 2 for 10 mil ea, with a third year option for 12 (teams option).

And I do not want to low-ball Wilkerson, but I think the team will anyway.

Good thing then you don't pay anyone on the Jets, eh?

I am sure Fitz will be resigned, and I am sure his contract will be for 2 years (likely with option years), will be market value for a QB his age/career and factoring in this years amazing run, and he will go into 2016 the Jets uncontested #1 Starting QB.

Geno Smith will be cut.

Petty will be our #2, and the Jets will draft or aquire another developmental QB prospect to pair in competition with Petty.

It will not be Glennon, it will not be that dude from Tenn, it will not be Kapernick, etc, etc, etc.

Fans who hate this idea likely need to come to terms with it sooner rather than later, because it is almost assuredly what is going to happen, barring complete disaster in Buffalo this weekend of the 4 INT Fitz-single-handedly-loses-the-game variety.

agree with you on Fitz & Geno

do think it will be more likely for some guy on the Glennon/Mettenburger level being brought in as the #2 though for the next couple of years instead of Petty being bumped up yet ... Then they will compete with Petty to see who "gets the keys to the car" next

$10M would be fine, provided we maybe take some upfront money away from someone like Ferguson, cut Cromartie (re-sign if we'd like, but the cut must happen), and aren't completely hindered in Wilkerson negotiations as a result.  I don't see $10M a year causing that to occur with the cap continuing to go up every year.

It's very difficult to pay a QB "medium" type of money unless he's not very good (like a Nick Foles).  You're not going to just be able to pay him top backup money or worst starter type money.  But I agree that Tannehill type money would be ludicrous.  That's the kind of coin you pay a young franchise QB, not a 33-year old on a 3-year deal.

Jets fans are funny.  For years it's "we can never get a QB, we can never get a QB!".  We finally get a QB and it's "bahhhh don't pay that guy any money, we'll lose Wilkerson!"

If this constitutes getting "a QB" then we could have had him three years ago.  This guy has been starting for the Texans and Titans and that didn't keep them from trying to get a new QB every damn year.  This is a guy that teams have elected to dump in favor of Charlie Whitehurst, and Ryan Mallet.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a big bump, but he needs us as much as we need him.  Lock yourself into some crazy number over $40M for the next three and not only will you have big trouble keeping Wilkerson, but you have a good chance of being hamstrung when it is time to get a true franchise QB. 

I keep reading Fitz is a journeyman and from the outside looking in before this season he was a journeyman who simply played on some bad football teams.  Now he's on a team that has some talent with a system that he knows and suits him well. He's going to throw 30+ TD's and he has thrown 13 TD's with 1 Int. the last 5 games that were for all intents and purposes playoff games, every single one of them, and we have another playoff game this Sunday. Right now Fitz is no journeyman he's the QB of the NY Jets and he's going to be our QB for the next 3-4 years if we keep adding talent to an offense that works very well.

Petty and another young QB will be understudies until the time comes that Fitz can no longer get it done and at that stage I would love for him to stay on as a back up or even a QB coach.

This team is going to make the playoffs and quite possibly make a big splash because they are hot and that's the way you win SB's by getting hot down the stretch, just ask the lucky ass NY Giants who won 2 SB's with some of the least talented teams I have ever seen yet THEY GOT HOT.

IMHO Fitz is going to get a nice contract, probably a 4 year in the 10-12 mil per range. If he plays this good for 2 more years then starts to fizzle out Petty or another young unnamed QB will step in and Fitz will probably restructure. Personally I hope he puts together another 4 years just like this one but I think that only happens if we add some dynamic talent at RB and TE and maybe a burner at the number 3 WR position. Fitz is the New Vinny lets just hope he can stay healthy and lead us to a SB because the way he's playing right now that's no to far fetched like it was in week 1 when he was still recovering from a broken leg.

I keep reading Fitz is a journeyman and from the outside looking in before this season he was a journeyman who simply played on some bad football teams.  Now he's on a team that has some talent with a system that he knows and suits him well. He's going to throw 30+ TD's and he has thrown 13 TD's with 1 Int. the last 5 games that were for all intents and purposes playoff games, every single one of them, and we have another playoff game this Sunday. Right now Fitz is no journeyman he's the QB of the NY Jets and he's going to be our QB for the next 3-4 years if we keep adding talent to an offense that works very well.

Petty and another young QB will be understudies until the time comes that Fitz can no longer get it done and at that stage I would love for him to stay on as a back up or even a QB coach.

This team is going to make the playoffs and quite possibly make a big splash because they are hot and that's the way you win SB's by getting hot down the stretch, just ask the lucky ass NY Giants who won 2 SB's with some of the least talented teams I have ever seen yet THEY GOT HOT.

IMHO Fitz is going to get a nice contract, probably a 4 year in the 10-12 mil per range. If he plays this good for 2 more years then starts to fizzle out Petty or another young unnamed QB will step in and Fitz will probably restructure. Personally I hope he puts together another 4 years just like this one but I think that only happens if we add some dynamic talent at RB and TE and maybe a burner at the number 3 WR position. Fitz is the New Vinny lets just hope he can stay healthy and lead us to a SB because the way he's playing right now that's no to far fetched like it was in week 1 when he was still recovering from a broken leg.

This is the correct post.  Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really understand the game.  Either that or they just like to hear themselves talk.  4 years for 10 per would be just about right.     

Archived