Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

But you were aware of how many times Fitz simply threw the ball up for grabs and Marshall came down with it, right?

That's what we pay him for isn't it?  Wait, our tall strong #1 WR had to JUMP to catch a few balls.  Oh noes!

Fitz cost us many more games than Brandon cost us and Brandon was responsible for many more wins than Fitz.

Please detail which games Fitz "cost us" and which games Marshall "cost us" please, and show why it was that player, not the team or other players, who was solely responsible.

My memory is that most of our losses were team efforts, but I'm glad for you to prove they were actually specifically only due to Fitz and no one else.

the best thing you can say about Fitz was his teammates loved him.  he is so highly though of around the league that he is a FA at the most important position and not one team is seriously interested in him.

Pssst:  We are.  Just not at his asking price.  

Denver is too (reportedly).  Just not at his asking price and not till the Kaep scenario works itself out (the offseason QB lynchpin this year).

Hey, the guy is what he is, a veteran journeyman QB of no special talent or skillset.....which makes him the best QB we've had on the roster since Favre (first half of that one year) or O'Brien before that.  The all-time Franchise record holder for TD passes and total offensive production at that.

Now, if you prefer Geno Smith, who by every metric was the worst QB in the NFL over the two years he started, by all means, let us know how Geno "just needs a fair chance" and how it was "all the talent around him" that was the problem.  I'll get my dead-horse-excuse-beat'in stick for you to use.

did you see our roster in 2014?  you need to ask that question? he was saving up for a big splash in the offseason after 2014, an offseason he never got to oversee.

Our starting QB is an average journeyman, we are handling this perfectly.  

Mark was better than either QB Elway had last year(though the team around him isn't nearly as good after FA losses), I think Mark COULD be the starter but I expect he'll draft a QB and if he's ready to play they will start him and if not they will win with Mark.

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez, but I do think he would do well in Kubiak's offense.

A lot of roll outs, bootlegs and short drag patterns over the middle.

Sanchez's problems begin when he is forced to throw from the pocket, he throws pretty well on the move.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

show me. marshal dropped 10 passes last season. whats "alot more" 15? show me 15 "bail out passes"

how many were tailing ducks thrown by Fitz and how many did he make amazing catches on bad throws?

bmarsh.0.gif

bmarsh.0.gif

JETS-TD.gif

19.gif\

rQKkpCY.gif

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's what we pay him for isn't it?  Wait, our tall strong #1 WR had to JUMP to catch a few balls.  Oh noes!

Please detail which games Fitz "cost us" and which games Marshall "cost us" please, and show why it was that player, not the team or other players, who was solely responsible.

My memory is that most of our losses were team efforts, but I'm glad for you to prove they were actually specifically only due to Fitz and no one else.

Pssst:  We are.  Just not at his asking price.  

Denver is too (reportedly).  Just not at his asking price and not till the Kaep scenario works itself out (the offseason QB lynchpin this year).

Hey, the guy is what he is, a veteran journeyman QB of no special talent or skillset.....which makes him the best QB we've had on the roster since Favre (first half of that one year) or O'Brien before that.  The all-time Franchise record holder for TD passes and total offensive production at that.

Now, if you prefer Geno Smith, who by every metric was the worst QB in the NFL over the two years he started, by all means, let us know how Geno "just needs a fair chance" and how it was "all the talent around him" that was the problem.  I'll get my dead-horse-excuse-beat'in stick for you to use.

Fitz kept Cle in the game in week 1

kept Indy in the game in week 2

Cost us vs. philly week 3

kept Miami in the game in week 4

cost us both Buf games

cost us Houston game

nearly blew Dallas game

I don't prefer Geno, I prefer Fitz at the right price.

And it's not just about throwing. Fitz extended drives with his legs. He's a good runner and picked up a lot of first downs on his own and made his share of clutch plays. He's to me a player very easy to like. He's a tough guy and he doesn't show off or a act like a jerk. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

And it's not just about throwing. Fitz extended drives with his legs. He's a good runner and picked up a lot of first downs on his own and made his share of clutch plays. He's to me a player very easy to like. He's a tough guy and he doesn't show off or a act like a jerk. 

If Fitz's talent matched his likeability he would be a franchise QB..:)

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how many were tailing ducks thrown by Fitz and how many did he make amazing catches on bad throws?

bmarsh.0.gif

bmarsh.0.gif

JETS-TD.gif

19.gif\

rQKkpCY.gif

giphy.gif

fist gif was a nice play. fitz is still credited for an interception

2nd gif, hard to argue that one. bail out #1. lets not talk about the fact that defender was jumpin in fitzpatricks face

3rd gift, nice adjustment on the ball. hardly a bailout. looks to me that thats where the ball was supposed to go

4th gif, are you kidding me?

5th gif, threw the ball to the right shoulder instead of the left shoulder where the 2 defenders were?

6th gif, nice one handed grab on a timing throw where marshal was held up

i asked for "alot more" of these bail outs than the 10 dropped passes. you showed me one. hell, lets call it 2 or 3.

those were not all Fitz bailouts but they were all great plays, I don't have gifs of every great play the man made all year, I watched the games.  He did it on a weekly basis.  when Marshall got banged up(but kept playing) Fitz's #s were down dramatically midseason.  that was not a coincidence.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Fitz kept Cle in the game in week 1

kept Indy in the game in week 2

Cost us vs. philly week 3

kept Miami in the game in week 4

cost us both Buf games

cost us Houston game

nearly blew Dallas game

I don't prefer Geno, I prefer Fitz at the right price.

the jets won the cleveland game

the jets won the indy game

the jets won the miami game

the jets won the dallas game

fitz cost the jets the philly game? did you even watch the game

fitz cost the jets the buffalo game? again, did you even watch the game?

fitz cost the jets the texans game? this is the funniest one of them all

i beleive the question that was asked was for you to show all these games where fitz was soley rsponsible for the loss. i think you kinda came up empty here

Just now, ylekram said:

the jets won the cleveland game

the jets won the indy game

the jets won the miami game

the jets won the dallas game

fitz cost the jets the philly game? did you even watch the game

fitz cost the jets the buffalo game? again, did you even watch the game?

fitz cost the jets the texans game? this is the funniest one of them all

i beleive the question that was asked was for you to show all these games where fitz was soley rsponsible for the loss. i think you kinda came up empty here

They did win Cle, little thanks to Fitz

they did win at Indy, little thanks to Fitz

they did beat London, little thanks to Fitz

they did beat Dallas, little thanks to Fitz

He was awful all game against Philly, had numerous chances and blew it.  You should watch that game

had a million chances in both Buf games and failed.

he was good against Houston? I must have slept through that game

solely responsible? I don't know if anyone is ever solely responsible but in most of our losses he was a key factor.

isn't it amazing how this man willed our no talent team to 10 wins against the tough sched yet NO ONE in the league wants him as a starter?

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

those were not all Fitz bailouts but they were all great plays, I don't have gifs of every great play the man made all year, I watched the games.  He did it on a weekly basis.  when Marshall got banged up(but kept playing) Fitz's #s were down dramatically midseason.  that was not a coincidence.

there isnt a single person stating that marshal didnt make some great plays all year long. alot of great plays, actually. i just want you to show me "alot more bail outs" than drops. not good plays. not making catches that a #1 receiver is suppossed to make. just the erratically thrown bail outs

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Marshall, who also was personally responsible for at least three INT's I can recall, likely more.  One his literally handed the ball to the defense.

Marshall, who most o fthe league was writing off as on the downside if not the end of his career when the trade happened.

Marshall, who most league folks considered a mental case, a locker room cancer and a bad apple.

Marshall was absolutely a big gain for us, a major improvement.  But to give him all the credit is to ignore reality.

We were comparing the 2014 and 2015 offensive rosters when you joined in here so 2 and 3 of your "Marshall, who" list couldn't be less relevant.   The comment I responded to indicates that the 2014 and 2015 rosters were essentially the same.  I disagree entirely.  Marshall's impact trickled down through the entire offense more so than Fitz.  No one is giving him ALL the credit, just the majority of the credit.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

They did win Cle, little thanks to Fitz

they did win at Indy, little thanks to Fitz

they did beat London, little thanks to Fitz

they did beat Dallas, little thanks to Fitz

He was awful all game against Philly, had numerous chances and blew it.  You should watch that game

had a million chances in both Buf games and failed.

he was good against Houston? I must have slept through that game

solely responsible? I don't know if anyone is ever solely responsible but in most of our losses he was a key factor.

isn't it amazing how this man willed our no talent team to 10 wins against the tough sched yet NO ONE in the league wants him as a starter?

this is funny. nobody is saying this. just responding and disproving your "exact opposite" claim. the jets will sign him as the starter. so there goes that theory as well

9 minutes ago, ylekram said:

there isnt a single person stating that marshal didnt make some great plays all year long. alot of great plays, actually. i just want you to show me "alot more bail outs" than drops. not good plays. not making catches that a #1 receiver is suppossed to make. just the erratically thrown bail outs

did you watch the Jets last year? he had a few drops, every WR does but he made a million plays for us.  he had the best season for a WR I have ever seen(I wasn't alive for Maynard and Sauer).

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

this is funny. nobody is saying this. just responding and disproving your "exact opposite" claim. the jets will sign him as the starter. so there goes that theory as well

The Jets will sign him as a starter on their terms.  No one else biews him as a starter b/c everyone knows he's in perfect system w/ incredible talent around him.  

Just now, ylekram said:

whats so "sweet lord" about what i said?

109 Catches, 14 TDs over 1,500 yards and you make the statement that he drops one for every big catch.  What on earth were you watching?  This team has never had a talent like him at the position and it made all the difference in the world in 2015 and because the guy had an ill-advised lateral in a game where the entire team crapped itself, we should poo-poo his impact and defer to the guy who NEVER had a season like that until last year.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

did you watch the Jets last year? he had a few drops, every WR does but he made a million plays for us.  he had the best season for a WR I have ever seen(I wasn't alive for Maynard and Sauer).

The Jets will sign him as a starter on their terms.  No one else biews him as a starter b/c everyone knows he's in perfect system w/ incredible talent around him.  

that wasnt that hard, was it? i agree with just about everything that you said here.

7 teams in the league had more wins than Fitz.

Jets only team in the league to score at least 17 points in every game.

Jets 3rd in the league in redzone eff.

Jets 2nd best in sacks given up despite having one jag guard, a suspect RT and an aging LT.

Threw at least one td in every game except one.

Good thing our Wr's were responsible for all of this, why the hell were they not also helping our defense?

3 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

109 Catches, 14 TDs over 1,500 yards and you make the statement that he drops one for every big catch.  What on earth were you watching?  This team has never had a talent like him at the position and it made all the difference in the world in 2015 and because the guy had an ill-advised lateral in a game where the entire team crapped itself, we should poo-poo his impact and defer to the guy who NEVER had a season like that until last year.

Well you have to blame somebody because as we all know, nothing is ever precious fitzy's fault :lol:

best in his career. the statement you "claim" i made was not the statement that i made. the words "bail out" where thrown at me, so thats what i was referring to. not big chatches. not good catches, but bail outs.since you feel the need to tell me what i said, you can accept the homework if you like. show me "alot more bail outs" than 10 drops

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

7 teams in the league had more wins than Fitz.

Jets only team in the league to score at least 17 points in every game.

Jets 3rd in the league in redzone eff.

Jets 2nd best in sacks given up despite having one jag guard, a suspect RT and an aging LT.

Threw at least one td in every game except one.

Good thing our Wr's were responsible for all of this, why the hell were they not also helping our defense?

No they definitely had nothing to do with it.  After all, team stats like this were very common for Fitz led teams on all 5 other teams he played on.

Just now, nyjets782 said:

No they definitely had nothing to do with it.  After all, team stats like this were very common for Fitz led teams on all 5 other teams he played on.

what was also common was marshals yearly visits to the post season on all 3 other teams he played on

best in his career. the statement you "claim" i made was not the statement that i made. the words "bail out" where thrown at me, so thats what i was referring to. not big chatches. not good catches, but bail outs.since you feel the need to tell me what i said, you can accept the homework if you like. show me "alot more bail outs" than 10 drops

It's a silly little exercise you are engaging in.  Receivers thrown to as many times as he was are going to have a minimum of 10 drops.  And you are trying to equate those 10 drops to game changing plays.  I'm not using the term "bail out" because when you have a guy like Marshall, it's a smart play to throw up 50-50 balls to him in the right situation.  I just don't think it takes a lot of ability on the QB's part to use him like that.  I give Fitz credit, I give Marshall credit, I just give Marshall more.

what was also common was marshals yearly visits to the post season on all 3 other teams he played on

Wow, why would you ever go there?  You do realize your precious QB has never made the postseason, right? 

Marshall has always been a Pro Bowl player, Fitz has never sniffed the Pro Bowl.

4 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Gee another one that refuses to acknowledge that a limited Qb had a very good year last year?   I could see one flat our dummy on this topic, maybe two but the fact that there is a good half dozen is totally mind boggling, especially after seeing the total sh*t show this team has had a Qb for the last 8 or 9 years where Qb's not only didn't play that great but also constantly just threw games away with awful bone headed plays game after game.

1 minute ago, nyjets782 said:

It's a silly little exercise you are engaging in.  Receivers thrown to as many times as he was are going to have a minimum of 10 drops.  And you are trying to equate those 10 drops to game changing plays.  I'm not using the term "bail out" because when you have a guy like Marshall, it's a smart play to throw up 50-50 balls to him in the right situation.  I just don't think it takes a lot of ability on the QB's part to use him like that.  I give Fitz credit, I give Marshall credit, I just give Marshall more.

i will try this one more time. obviously, you are misunderstanding what i am saying, even tho it was spelled out very clearly. a poster stated that marshal has made "alot more bail outs" than 10 dropped balls. thats the only thing i am referring to. i am not trying to equate those 10 dropped balls to game changing plays. this is in your head

Wow, why would you ever go there?  You do realize your precious QB has never made the postseason, right? 

Marshall has always been a Pro Bowl player, Fitz has never sniffed the Pro Bowl.

just stating a fact. i dont beleive a wide receivers great play is more important to an offense than competant qb play

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gee another one that refuses to acknowledge that a limited Qb had a very good year last year?   I could see one flat our dummy on this topic, maybe two but the fact that there is a good half dozen is totally mind boggling, especially after seeing the total sh*t show this team has had a Qb for the last 8 or 9 years where Qb's not only didn't play that great but also constantly just threw games away with awful bone headed plays game after game.

Dummy?  Wow, that's unfortunate.  I have said all along that I want him back at our price and that he had a very good year.  Again, and we seem to be thick on this point, when looking at the offensive turnaround last season, I give more credit to Marshall than Fitz. 

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The Fitz supporters really need to go back through the weekly Fitz review threads and see how mediocre he really was.

My only guess is they're looking at stats and the limited field-view TV gives.

as oppossed to your on field, in huddle, playbook reading experience. i will bet i can guess your age within 5 years

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i will try this one more time. obviously, you are misunderstanding what i am saying, even tho it was spelled out very clearly. a poster stated that marshal has made "alot more bail outs" than 10 dropped balls. thats the only thing i am referring to. i am not trying to equate those 10 dropped balls to game changing plays. this is in your head

Maybe if your posts were a little clearer than the water in the Boston Harbor, it would be easier to follow exactly what it is you are trying to say.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

as oppossed to your on field, in huddle, playbook reading experience. i will bet i can guess your age within 5 years

Glad ya think you can guess an age.  Maybe you have a future as a fortune teller or something.  Because any hopes of being an NFL scout are long gone.

Find the threads.  They give you the all-22 view.

But go ahead, guess away.

Archived