Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Disagree completely. We all watch plenty of football. How many QBs have nearly half their TDs accounted for by sh*tty throws and decisions? And this was even during an impossibly easy season to play against. When the coverage is tight and a great play can't be made? He looks like a blue-eyed, bearded Geno Smith. Never mind the ridiculous excuses laid at the hands of not having the great Bilal Powell in the game.

If we re-sign him, it's just plain stupid. Bowles will slavishly put him out there. We won't learn a thing about Petty or a rookie because Bowles will be more interested in the low floor more than the high ceiling. And we'll go nowhere. With Fitzpatrick back there, we'd need another perfect storm of injured opponents to even finish 9-7 again. He faced one - ONE - truly elite-level pass defense last year and - with Marshall, Decker, and the invaluable Bilal Powell - he looked like a worthless piece of dogsh*t. Well this year we have more than 1 such opponent replacing the likes of the Jaguars on the schedule.

show me "nearly half of his td's accounted for by sh*tty throws and descisions". this is the sh*t i am talking about. its made up fantasy. you reference an article that was hacked together with a small sample size of plays. 12 plays right? even with his end game trying to prove what a bum fitzpatrick is, and how lucky he is, what nice weather he had, easily schedule,etc, he still could only come up with 3 plays where one could argue were bad throws or descisions. out of 33 td's. give me a break

fitzpatrick is not the answer for the future. he is not a great qb. he is a competant, hold the fort type guy, till a better option presents itself. thats it. why must everyone discredit his season? to the point where he gets zero credit? he had a good season. holy ****. atleast give the man a smidgeon of credit.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Can't believe you actually mean this.  In one case the team performed well with a less talented guy in the other the guy just stupidly hands the other team big plays.  Other than his well documented last game how many Geno like plays did fitz make?  For all of his running how many times did he hold ball like a loaf of frigin bread and get strip stacked?  How many drive killing sacks did he take due to pure stupidity?  How many glaring errors did he make in the other teams red zone or inside his own 20?  The short memories around here are astounding. 

On plays where Wr's meant nothing to the success of a play Geno found ways to screw it up. Fitz not so much.  If he did the Jets would have won 6-7 games and Geno would have been starting the last games of the year.

What on earth does this have to do with Geno Smith? Is he your measuring stick for acceptable QBs now? If you're better than Geno Smith's first 2 NFL seasons then you're a good QB? Come on.

While you're at re-hashing Geno's suckiness, tell me how great Ryan Fitzpatrick did in his first 3 NFL seasons.

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

show me "nearly half of his td's accounted for by sh*tty throws and descisions". this is the sh*t i am talking about. its made up fantasy. you reference an article that was hacked together with a small sample size of plays. 12 plays right? even with his end game trying to prove what a bum fitzpatrick is, and how lucky he is, what nice weather he had, easily schedule,etc, he still could only come up with 3 plays where one could argue were bad throws or descisions. out of 33 td's. give me a break

fitzpatrick is not the answer for the future. he is not a great qb. he is a competant, hold the fort type guy, till a better option presents itself. thats it. why must everyone discredit his season? to the point where he gets zero credit? he had a good season. holy ****. atleast give the man a smidgeon of credit.

He threw 31 TDs. Half of that is 15.5. This compilation alone showed 12. That is nearly half.

I teach remedial math on Tuesday nights. :) 

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please. I've heard the multi-game excuses laid at the feet of missing Bilal Powell.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

He threw 31 TDs. Half of that is 15.5. This compilation alone showed 12. That is nearly half.

I teach remedial math on Tuesday nights. :) 

watch the compilation again. or maybe for the 1st time.you show me 12 bad throws/descisions.

8 minutes ago, ylekram said:

watch the compilation again. or maybe for the 1st time.you show me 12 bad throws/descisions.

lol okay. I did just watch them again and boy you have me there. These plays were the result great passes and great ability and veteran experience that allows him to see the whole field, and that is why QB-needy teams were breaking his doors down to sign him before someone else snatches him up. He is a bargain at $16M/year. And we should dump Brandon Marshall because he's eating up valuable cap space that should go to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

My cutoff would be half that $16M, and I'd be reluctant to do even that because I know Bowles will go with him no matter what because of the perceived higher floor than an unknown. Wasting another year with Fitzpatrick is just that: another wasted year, where we learn nothing about someone who might actually turn into a good QB. Literally, Mark Sanchez as a rookie didn't lock in on a single receiver the way Fitzpatrick does and Fitz is in the league for far too long to still be doing that.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol okay. I did just watch them again and boy you have me there. These plays were the result great passes and great ability and veteran experience that allows him to see the whole field, and that is why QB-needy teams were breaking his doors down to sign him before someone else snatches him up. He is a bargain at $16M/year. And we should dump Brandon Marshall because he's eating up valuable cap space that should go to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

My cutoff would be half that $16M, and I'd be reluctant to do even that because I know Bowles will go with him no matter what because of the perceived higher floor than an unknown. Wasting another year with Fitzpatrick is just that: another wasted year, where we learn nothing about someone who might actually turn into a good QB. Literally, Mark Sanchez as a rookie didn't lock in on a single receiver the way Fitzpatrick does and Fitz is in the league for far too long to still be doing that.

i know i have you there. most of the 12 "horrible throws/descisions" that the biased author could muster, shows that they were correct reads and good passes. why are we still talking about 16m? nobody on gods green earth beleives he deserves it or will get it. i highly doubt fitz even beleives it.

you have to learn to walk before you learn to crawl. we finally witness a watchable, entertaining offense in god knows how long, than we get guys wanting to throw out someone who was part of that. geeze, whats wrong with signing the guy to hold the fort till a better option comes along? yea, i know he is not joe montana, but neither is anyone else who is currently available

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i know i have you there. most of the 12 "horrible throws/descisions" that the biased author could muster, shows that they were correct reads and good passes. why are we still talking about 16m? nobody on gods green earth beleives he deserves it or will get it. i highly doubt fitz even beleives it.

you have to learn to walk before you learn to crawl. we finally witness a watchable, entertaining offense in god knows how long, than we get guys wanting to throw out someone who was part of that. geeze, whats wrong with signing the guy to hold the fort till a better option comes along? yea, i know he is not joe montana, but neither is anyone else who is currently available

You do not have anyone anywhere. He is not a good QB. He has a disproportionate # of his TDs from just chucking the ball up into the air, throwing to players who turned nothing into a TD (no thanks to Fitzpatrick), or throwing to players standing all alone. He had the same thing a year prior with Houston, which is why they let him and his puny $3.5M salary go for a bag of peanuts.

Tell me, did you watch the Texans game?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

You do not have anyone anywhere. He is not a good QB. He has a disproportionate # of his TDs from just chucking the ball up into the air, throwing to players who turned nothing into a TD (no thanks to Fitzpatrick), or throwing to players standing all alone. He had the same thing a year prior with Houston, which is why they let him and his puny $3.5M salary go for a bag of peanuts.

now its chucking the ball into the air or players turning nothing into something. what happened to the 12 bad throws/descisions? based on yopur sample sized hack article. i know i have you there. thats why i said it. then you turn it into more "success due to circumstances". i could care less what the texans or any other franchise thinks or does. doesnt mean squat. and to use the texans, well that explains everything. they are one well run franchise.

here is my favorite quote from that fun fact filled fitz article                                                                                                                                                                       " Fitzpatrick decides he is going to Marshall before the ball is even snapped. With a free release off the line of scrimmage, it’s easy for the wide receiver to post up the smaller cornerback and box him out for the football. All Fitzpatrick has to do is avoid throwing the ball past the cornerback. He essentially throws it to where the cornerback is standing, Marshall is able to stop and reach up for it while the defender is draped around his body."

what an idiot. perfect call.perfect pass.perfect catch. complete textbook. but somehow, the author finds fault in fitzpatrick

a few more in there where the author praises gailey but somehow discredits fitz for completing the called play perfectly

the one where joe haden has this so called "perfect coverage" is a winner, too. easy,texbook pitch and catch. author praises marshal,yet discredits fitz. worst article i ever read

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

now its chucking the ball into the air or players turning nothing into something. what happened to the 12 bad throws/descisions? based on yopur sample sized hack article. i know i have you there. thats why i said it. then you turn it into more "success due to circumstances". i could care less what the texans or any other franchise thinks or does. doesnt mean squat. and to use the texans, well that explains everything. they are one well run franchise.

here is my favorite quote from that fun fact filled fitz article                                                                                                                                                                       " Fitzpatrick decides he is going to Marshall before the ball is even snapped. With a free release off the line of scrimmage, it’s easy for the wide receiver to post up the smaller cornerback and box him out for the football. All Fitzpatrick has to do is avoid throwing the ball past the cornerback. He essentially throws it to where the cornerback is standing, Marshall is able to stop and reach up for it while the defender is draped around his body."

what an idiot. perfect call.perfect pass.perfect catch. complete textbook. but somehow, the author finds fault in fitzpatrick

a few more in there where the author praises gailey but somehow discredits fitz for completing the called play perfectly

the one where joe haden has this so called "perfect coverage" is a winner, too. easy,texbook pitch and catch. author praises marshal,yet discredits fitz. worst article i ever read

He has made a motherload more than 12 bad throws/decisions. And throwing right to where the CB is standing is not a perfect pass. It is Marshall being able to make crazy plays despite said not-perfect pass.

Hack article, lol. You're welcome to try making one of your own for an actually well-regarded QB who wouldn't last 10 minutes in free agency, and see how far you get.

Please don't tell me Sperm is seriously legitimizing that POS article. It was absolutely atrocious, a pure hatchet job. 

Was watching the Colts game yesterday and Marshall dropped a sure TD and Enunwa dropped what would have been a 40+ yard gain. That was in the first half. You can spin plays whatever way you want to fit an agenda. There's no balance. And the gifs provided were awful examples - Most of them good decisions and well executed plays. 

Only Jets fans could actually highlight the problems of their own team's touchdowns. Jesus wept.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Please don't tell me Sperm is seriously legitimizing that POS article. It was absolutely atrocious, a pure hatchet job. 

Was watching the Colts game yesterday and Marshall dropped a sure TD and Enunwa dropped what would have been a 40+ yard gain. That was in the first half. You can spin plays whatever way you want to fit an agenda. There's no balance. And the gifs provided were awful examples - Most of them good decisions and well executed plays. 

Only Jets fans and I do mean this, would highlight the problems of their own teams touchdowns. Jesus wept.

Anything else you saw in the Colts game? No obvious missed opportunities? Did you watch the Texans game at all (the only truly top-notch pass D we faced last year)? 

Fitzpatrick is the guy you sign to start out the season as your #2, or sign him to start out the first half of the upcoming season, before someone with an actual future takes over for him. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He has made a motherload more than 12 bad throws/decisions. And throwing right to where the CB is standing is not a perfect pass. It is Marshall being able to make crazy plays despite said not-perfect pass.

Hack article, lol. You're welcome to try making one of your own for an actually well-regarded QB who wouldn't last 10 minutes in free agency, and see how far you get.

this is a joke right? the ball was perfectly thrown.wasnt off an inch. in what world do you live in where a qb doesnt throw the ball high to his 6' 4" receiver,against a 5'10" corner? he threw the ball to where the corner was standing? where was the corner suppossed to be standing on a 5 yard route? fitz threw the ball where his receiver could catch it and the defender didnt have a chance. textbook

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Only Jets fans and I do mean this, would highlight the problems of their own teams touchdowns. Jesus wept.

its teetering on mind boggling.you want to claim fitz sucks? fine. to use that article as proof? wow!!

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Anything else you saw in the Colts game? No obvious missed opportunities? Did you watch the Texans game at all (the only truly top-notch pass D we faced last year)? 

Fitzpatrick is the guy you sign to start out the season as your #2, or sign him to start out the first half of the upcoming season, before someone with an actual future takes over for him. 

I agree. But what has this got to do with highlighting problems with the actual opportunities he did take? It's utterly insane. 

I'm kind of going through the games randomly - Watched the Giants game and Colts game and a bit of the Dolphins game so going through the good ones, lol. There's been missed throws as there always is and dropped passes as there always is. This stuff tends to balance out. 

The problem with Fitz at this point is his age and lack of pedigree - That enough is to justify our stance which I've supported. If this had been his second season and he was 24 that season would have seen him sign for huge money. He had a good season, by any decent NFL QB's standards. It's pretty petty to try and pick holes for the sake of it. 

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree. But what has this got to do with highlighting problems with the actual opportunities he did take? It's utterly insane. 

I'm kind of going through the games randomly - Watched the Giants game and Colts game and a bit of the Dolphins game so going through the good ones, lol. There's been missed throws as there always is and dropped passes as there always is. This stuff tends to balance out. 

The problem with Fitz at this point is his age and lack of pedigree - That enough is to justify our stance which I've supported. If this had been his second season and he was 24 that season would have seen him sign for huge money. He had a good season, by any decent NFL QB's standards. It's pretty petty to try and pick holes for the sake of it. 

No, the problem with Fitz is he only sees 1 player at a time.

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

its teetering on mind boggling.you want to claim fitz sucks? fine. to use that article as proof? wow!!

He is a stop-gap. There are far worse. 

We should not re-sign him because we are not contenders with him, and it will prevent someone else from being granted an actual opportunity.

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, the problem with Fitz is he only sees 1 player at a time.

So you genuinely don't think he'd have got a big contract in that scenario? Because I'd bet my left testicle he would. 

I never noticed that as big issue last season, thought he showed a lot of awareness in the pocket, especially when deciding to run. It was the best season I've seen from a Jets QB in my time watching them, quite comfortably too. 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

So you genuinely don't think he'd have got a big contract in that scenario? Because I'd bet my left testicle he would. 

I never noticed that as big issue last season, thought he showed a lot of awareness in the pocket, especially when deciding to run. It was the best season I've seen from a Jets QB in my time watching them, quite comfortably too. 

Really? I noticed it all season long. He looks at ONE player downfield. Stares him down (which is also a reason for the batted passes), and after a second or two if he decides not to chuck it up for grabs, he then looks to his RB. If that doesn't work, or his RB is in blocking, then he runs. There is virtually no progression being done from one downfield receiver to another. I cannot believe you are re-watching all these games and this doesn't jump off the screen.

I used to take notes every game, and sometimes still do. Eventually I toss them, though. But it was maddening that so many bad plays - and actually, so many positive plays - involved him missing an easy better option. And I don't mean on the other side of the field, I mean right in the same general vicinity. 

He doesn't see the field, which is the very reason he threw that first pick in the last game vs. Buffalo. He sees his own man and little (often nothing) else. I can accept that from a rookie, or generally inexperienced QB. Not from a veteran with an actual brain, who's been in the league as long as Fitzpatrick.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He is a stop-gap. There are far worse. 

We should not re-sign him because we are not contenders with him, and it will prevent someone else from being granted an actual opportunity.

i agree. he is a stop gap. he is adequate. the jets still need a stop gap because who is this someone who is being denied his oppurtunity? there isnt anyone. not right this second. sign fitz to a short contract and hopefully joe willy 2 is in the waiting. but untill that day, you need adequate

Really? I noticed it all season long. He looks at ONE player downfield. Stares him down (which is also a reason for the batted passes), and after a second or two if he decides not to chuck it up for grabs, he then looks to his RB. If that doesn't work, or his RB is in blocking, then he runs. There is virtually no progression being done from one downfield receiver to another. I cannot believe you are re-watching all these games and this doesn't jump off the screen.

I used to take notes every game, and sometimes still do. Eventually I toss them, though. But it was maddening that so many bad plays - and actually, so many positive plays - involved him missing an easy better option. And I don't mean on the other side of the field, I mean right in the same general vicinity. 

He doesn't see the field, which is the very reason he threw that first pick in the last game vs. Buffalo. He sees his own man and little (often nothing) else. I can accept that from a rookie, or generally inexperienced QB. Not from a veteran with an actual brain, who's been in the league as long as Fitzpatrick.

To be fair to him he was pressured a lot so it's not like he often had the time to do so. I did just watch him definitely switch reads before missing wildly to Smith vs Miami. lol. Wide open too. 

He's got a lot of positive attributes, he'd have to to have the kind of season he had. I think he has a great handle of the offence and manages the game very well - Unlike Sanchez/Geno who would often be calling panic timeouts - and I think his accuracy was fine more often than not. He times his passes well too when recievers/backs are breaking one way or the other. I don't think anyone is saying he's flawless, or even that he's close to being worth what he's asking. Even his biggest fans (and I'm among them) generally accept he's a middle of the road guy. I've just found him incredibly refreshing for the reason's stated and for what we had to endure previously. I enjoyed watching our offence actually manage some production and would like to see it again. From Sanchez/Geno I've seen it can be much, much worse. 

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

So people are ok giving reasons (excuses) for why Fitz has never made the playoffs over his long career, but not for Geno.  Fitz never had as bad a supporting cast as Geno did his rookie and 2nd seasons.  Even with good teams around them, young QBs usually get a "pass" if they even play at all.  

Instead we Jet fans critique/judge a guy based on his first two seasons in the league with the worst offense around him.  Then when we get coaches and an offense he could win with, we potentially decide to pay big for a career loser.  

It's baffling to me.

to be fair, geno was named the starter for 3 seasons. i think the 3rd season is what hit home the most

44 minutes ago, ylekram said:

i agree. he is a stop gap. he is adequate. the jets still need a stop gap because who is this someone who is being denied his oppurtunity? there isnt anyone. not right this second. sign fitz to a short contract and hopefully joe willy 2 is in the waiting. but untill that day, you need adequate

Don't agree. You sign him if you think he helps you get to a Super Bowl. Fitz doesn't. 

33 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

To be fair to him he was pressured a lot so it's not like he often had the time to do so. I did just watch him definitely switch reads before missing wildly to Smith vs Miami. lol. Wide open too. 

He's got a lot of positive attributes, he'd have to to have the kind of season he had. I think he has a great handle of the offence and manages the game very well - Unlike Sanchez/Geno who would often be calling panic timeouts - and I think his accuracy was fine more often than not. He times his passes well too when recievers/backs are breaking one way or the other. I don't think anyone is saying he's flawless, or even that he's close to being worth what he's asking. Even his biggest fans (and I'm among them) generally accept he's a middle of the road guy. I've just found him incredibly refreshing for the reason's stated and for what we had to endure previously. I enjoyed watching our offence actually manage some production and would like to see it again. From Sanchez/Geno I've seen it can be much, much worse. 

I simply don't think that the play we've gotten from Sanchez and Geno is a measuring stick of worthiness. 

I never said he's never made a good throw or good play.  That's just dumb. Even the worst QBs do. There are things he brings to the table - and what he brought, that was needed, was stabilization after the Geno/IK stupidity, but it's not enough. Particulary with a HC who will anoint him the starter no matter what. He's the guy you sign in case of injury or a higher ceiling guy failing. Not e guy you plan to go with from before the freaking draft.

Draft or trade for a QB who might be what we need to get there. Fitz clearly isn't it. 

The only notes I found so far were from the Houston game. Even if he did make a couple of good throws, like I said that anyone does given enough attempts, on balance he was an embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What on earth does this have to do with Geno Smith? Is he your measuring stick for acceptable QBs now? If you're better than Geno Smith's first 2 NFL seasons then you're a good QB? Come on.

While you're at re-hashing Geno's suckiness, tell me how great Ryan Fitzpatrick did in his first 3 NFL seasons.

When all else fails, blubber about geno smith. I'm shocked Fitz's agent hasn't tried that pitch yet

I simply don't think that the play we've gotten from Sanchez and Geno is a measuring stick of worthiness. 

I never said he's never made a good throw or good play.  That's just dumb. Even the worst QBs do. There are things he brings to the table - and what he brought, that was needed, was stabilization after the Geno/IK stupidity, but it's not enough. Particulary with a HC who will anoint him the starter no matter what. He's the guy you sign in case of injury or a higher ceiling guy failing. Not e guy you plan to go with from before the freaking draft.

Draft or trade for a QB who might be what we need to get there. Fitz clearly isn't it. 

The only notes I found so far were from the Houston game. Even if he did make a couple of good throws, like I said that anyone does given enough attempts, on balance he was an embarrassment. 

It's the experience of the previous 5 years though. That's a long time to endure. Competence really shines through after that.

I've found my philosophy to sports in general has changed recently regarding winning/performance. I'm no longer solely obsessed with winning a SB (and I appreciate that's like blasphemy to some here) so long as the team are actually good enough to watch and competitive- Obviously it's still the ultimate goal but after years of Geno's Jets and Manchester United turning into the f*cking anti-Christ of football I can appreciate a good Sunday's entertainment. Last season was night and day from Geno and I know it wasn't just Fitz but he was a big part of it. Sanchez provided some optimism at the start but I still remember often being glad to see the punting team come out.

I don't think our valuations of Fitz are actually that difference, just our perceptions of that level of QB, as you seem to think it's a waste of time. If we get him re-signed I'll look forward to seeing what the offence looks like - and whether he can improve it with another year in the system, Forte, Smith and Amaro hopefully adding something, whatever we may add in the draft etc. I certainly wont get too upset about it, assuming it isn't a terrible contract.

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's the experience of the previous 5 years though. That's a long time to endure. Competence really shines through after that.

I've found my philosophy to sports in general has changed recently regarding winning/performance. I'm no longer solely obsessed with winning a SB (and I appreciate that's like blasphemy to some here) so long as the team are actually good enough to watch and competitive- Obviously it's still the ultimate goal but after years of Geno's Jets and Manchester United turning into the f*cking anti-Christ of football I can appreciate a good Sunday's entertainment. Last season was night and day from Geno and I know it wasn't just Fitz but he was a big part of it. Sanchez provided some optimism at the start but I still remember often being glad to see the punting team come out.

I don't think our valuations of Fitz are actually that difference, just our perceptions of that level of QB, as you seem to think it's a waste of time. If we get him re-signed I'll look forward to seeing what the offence looks like - and whether he can improve it with another year in the system, Forte, Smith and Amaro hopefully adding something, whatever we may add in the draft etc. I certainly wont get too upset about it, assuming it isn't a terrible contract.

Well then we simply disagree. I don't rejoice in being an also ran. And we won't be that in 2016 anyway. You're really, really downplaying the no competitive schedule from last year that won't repeat in 2016. 

It would almost be worth it to watch us go 7-9 with him in 2016 so I don't have to listen to the great myth of the season that would have been if only we'd brought him back again. Except I want to see a winner far more than I want to be right. And making Fitz the starter for another year or more wastes time that be spent furthering that goal. 

Well then we simply disagree. I don't rejoice in being an also ran. And we won't be that in 2016 anyway. You're really, really downplaying the no competitive schedule from last year that won't repeat in 2016. 

It would almost be worth it to watch us go 7-9 with him in 2016 so I don't have to listen to the great myth of the season that would have been if only we'd brought him back again. Except I want to see a winner far more than I want to be right. And making Fitz the starter for another year or more wastes time that be spent furthering that goal. 

It actually might repeat, at least it's possible. Easy/tough schedules are far from assured at this stage (Think Indy/Philly/Dallas last season) and while it was obviously a factor I still think we looked like a competitive, well managed team - I was saying it long before we were being touted as a playoff team - The only exceptions really being the first half vs Philly and at Oakland when Fitz got hurt. We probably outplayed the Patriots for about 7/8 quarters. We were fortunate to have an easy schedule but equally unfortunate to have a strong division and WC race, which is the only reason the "no playoffs" knock still exists. 

I don't think many will too disappointed if he does go, just maybe with who we bring in. I'll be genuinely disgusted with Hoyer or McCown. I'd miss Fitz because I think he's an awesome guy and love how he plays, but if we got a young talented QB I'd be on board for sure. Shame VTF has made me despise Glennon.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

It actually might repeat, at least it's possible. Easy/tough schedules are far from assured at this stage (Think Indy/Philly/Dallas last season) and while it was obviously a factor I still think we looked like a competitive, well managed team - I was saying it long before we were being touted as a playoff team - The only exceptions really being the first half vs Philly and at Oakland when Fitz got hurt. We probably outplayed the Patriots for about 7/8 quarters. We were fortunate to have an easy schedule but equally unfortunate to have a strong division and WC race, which is the only reason the "no playoffs" knock still exists. 

I don't think many will too disappointed if he does go, just maybe with who we bring in. I'll be genuinely disgusted with Hoyer or McCown. I'd miss Fitz because I think he's an awesome guy and love how he plays, but if we got a young talented QB I'd be on board for sure. Shame VTF has made me despise Glennon.

Mike Glennon is what the Jets need.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

I was unaware he threw the ball to himself, and so well too, that he was single-handed able to revive his flagging career with the single best year he's ever had.

Maybe he should be the starting QB, eh?

And he didn't drop some, he dropped quite a few, a number of which were dropped right into defenders hands.  

Once wonders why a guy infamous for having fights with his QB (usually after saying he loved them) was such a good teammate this year.

Couldn't be because his QB led and managed him well, could it?

Naaaaaaa.

WTF?  

Someone says Marshall had more to do with the offense turning around and the best you can do is lame sarcasm?

tell you what, whoever wrote Marshall off was wrong.  Ask yourself this, did Marshall deviate from what we should have come to expect from him?  Was his production what you expect or off the charts, a surprise?  Now ask the same about Fitz.  Was this the Fitz you expected, anyone expected?  

Archived