2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

4-6 wins for the Jets next year.

They beat the Pats and Bills 3rd stringers in December.

Miss out on Watson.

SOJ.

Same Ol' TX.

What is this post doing here, polluting the free agency thread?

OK Crusher...  give this putz the axe.  He lied about leaving this thread alone.  He's a true Patriot.  Liar and all.

For the record, I am extremely happy with how Mac has done thus far. Standing strong on the Fitz deal, signing Forte to a very nice deal at $4 per. If we can trade Mo one of these days, i'll be ecstatic. But I don't think other teams would budge before the draft. Bonus points if we turn Mo's money into OL help. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/the-window-is-open-to-take-fitzpatrick-from-the-jets/

Article REEKS of desperation from Jimmy Sexton to try and drum up money and interest

The "source"? My ass

Sexton is also the agent who got Marrone out of the HC job in BUF and put him in JAC as an OLine coach.

So his track record for leverage isn't very good

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Sexton is also the agent who got Marrone out of the HC job in BUF and put him in JAC as an OLine coach.

So his track record for leverage isn't very good

Red flags for any team thinking of signing Fitz.

The team he set team passing and TD records doesn't feel the urgency to sign him!

Seems like reports are saying Jeys are offering SUB Chase Daniels money.... lol.

1 hour ago, BroadwayJets said:

On ESPN, Ed Werder just said the Jets are offering less to Fitz than what Chase Daniel got (3 years 21 million with incentives)

I LOVED Fitz last year and hope he comes back, but the Jets are playing this perfectly. The teams that need QBs are simply not looking at Fitz to start. They are either looking to bring in a guy like Kap/RG3 or building through the Draft. Fitz is a career backup and teams view him as such. 

FItz should also know that if a team like the Browns offer him a little more $$$ they will still draft a QB and Fitz will be enjoying his cash on the bench. Is that what Fitz wants? or does Fitz want a chance to start for the Jets and have a shot at the Playoffs? 

Sometimes the player holds all the cards and we are forced to overpay him (see Revis), but then there are times the club holds all the cards and should take advantage of the situation. If we lost Fitz, it would suck, but I think with guys like Marshall/Decker/Forte just about any serviceable QB would succeed in this offense. 

8 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

If they're drafting a QB early, why even bother at this point?  Get a couple OLs and skill guys with the $$$ saved.

Because 1)  We have no idea if the guy(s) we like be there.  2)  They would prefer top have Fitz start one more year regardless and be a mentor instead of rushing a rookie and 3) They really do not want to pack it in for the year before the year has started.

26 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Hard to imagine that Dolphins' HC Adam Gase allows his former Broncos RB CJ Anderson to leave Miami without a signed offer sheet.

Dolphins are morons.  To consider CJ over Lamar Miller is just ridiculous.  They should have paid Miller, who is infinitely better than meatball Anderson.  

I love that Tannenbaum is there calling the shots behind the puppet GM.  

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

If don't land Colin Kaepernick, expect them to inquire about QB Brian Hoyer. They already traded for one QB last year

Son of a b!tch

I hate everything about this tweet

The guy has one more playoff appearance  than Ruan Fitzpatrick

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

If don't land Colin Kaepernick, expect them to inquire about QB Brian Hoyer. They already traded for one QB last year

Son of a b!tch

I hate everything about this tweet

i might stop being a fan if they trade for hoyer...

Archived