BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

TE Ladarius Green is receiving interest from the Jets.

EDIT: Don't know how legit this is, but... 

Not sure what I think of this. Physically gifted but disappears for most games, especially when Gates came back.

If little money involved, I guess I'd be ok w/ it

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Two things about this... 1.) of course he disappeared when Gates came back, it's because Gates was the starter and is a future HOFer; 2.) he actually played good football this year, he's not a WR, you have to remember that teams with sh*tty OL's have to keep TEs in to block more often

I think he'd be a good signing, because he won't get "established stud" money.

Ok. Never was impressed by him.... I'll take your word for it.

59 minutes ago, heymangold said:

don't know how we're signing anybody.  6M in cap space can't buy much.

We're going to WalMart this year for all our FA needs. Tier 3 or 4 for us this yr.

Unless today is the day for Cuts and renegotiated contracts?

Per SI

NFL free agency officially begins on Wednesday but there is plenty of news to catch up on before players are allowed to start signing contracts.

The Eagles have already made a splash with a pair of trades, but what about the rest of the league? Keep up with the latest buzz on which players could be headed where.

• The Browns are interested in Bengals receiver Marvin Jones, Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports.
  • Running back Lamar Miller will not return to the Dolphins next season,according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel.
  • Defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who played last season on a one-year deal with the Rams, is drawing interest from the Jets, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.
  • Pro Bowl center Alex Mack is being pursued by the Falcons and, to a lesser degree, the Jaguars, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports.
  • After six seasons with the Bengals, cornerback and kick returner Adam Jones is a free agent. Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo lists the Dolphins, Vikings and Cowboys as possible landing spots. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports that the Ravens are also interested. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are another potential suitor.
  • Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Raiders have been unable to work out a deal with left tackle Donald Penn and could pursue Ravens tackle Kelechi Osemele as a replacement. The Raiders are the “favorites” to land Osemele, Garafolo reports, and would pay him over $10 million annually. 
  • Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, whether Brandon Marshall likes it or not, could be an option for the Rams, Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
  • The Cardinals are “shopping” defensive end Calais Campbell, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel reports.
  • Bears linebacker Shea McClellin and Buccaneers safety Chris Conte are both drawing interest from several teams, NFL Network’s Rand Getlin reports.
  • The Texans want to re-sign cornerback A.J. Bouye, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.
  • Seven teams talked to Jets running back Chris Ivory, Wilson reports.

15 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per . This was evident last night, as it got too rich for &

We were interested... I wonder if we saw him at G or T

No doubt T. If you're paying that kind of money($70m supposedly) that's LT money and Brick would have been cut loose IAP

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

nearing a deal with DE Mario Williams on a new deal. May be worth roughly $8M per year. May allow team to cut DE Cam Wake.

Well at least there is 1 team more heavily invested along the DL than the Jets!:bwahaharoll:

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets should be all over Cam Wake if he comes loose.  A bit of age and an injury should lower his asking price but he still has game imo, would instantly upgrade the olb pass rush.

If Miami can't afford him, I'm sure that means we can't either

Dolphins ready to cut Brent Grimes loose after Refusing Paycut.

The Dolphins aren’t afraid of making big moves in March — in either direction.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are expected to cutPro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes, after he refused a pay cut.

The Dolphins signed Grimes to a four-year, $32 million deal in 2014, and he was due $8 million this year. He’ll create $6.5 million in cap space, but leaves a big hole in the depth chart, and makes cornerback a big priority in either free agency or the draft.

The news coincides with their interest in trading for Eagles cornerback Byron Maxwell, as well.

His play on the field certainly doesn’t merit his release, but Grimes can’t be viewed in a vacuum. His wife Miko has become a considerable distraction, ripping quarterbackRyan Tannehill and reporters who cover the team in a Twitter rant.

While that might not necessarily have anything to do with her husband’s level of play, it does make it easier to take a big number off the books.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Eagles just made Ryan Mathews available for trade.

For a 5th.... I might make that trade, but I doubt MacD would.

Eagles will still have $2m in dead money and Matthews would get $2m from Jets

He values his picks

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Matthews is due 3 million this year. Why trade for him when you can sign a guy like Forte without giving up a 5th. Plus I still think Forte is still better than Matthews

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles

If you click  the trade drop down box you'll see $2m dead money for Eagles leaving Jetswith $2m.

Benjamin Watson has parlayed an unlikely breakout season with the Saints into a new contract elsewhere.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the veteran tight end will sign a free-agent contract with the Baltimore Ravens after Wednesday's signing period begins, according to a source informed of his situation.

Watson had the best season of his 12-year career with the Saints in 2015, setting career highs with 74 catches for 825 yards and six touchdowns. He will join a tight end group in Baltimore that already includes Crockett Gillmore and Maxx Williams. The Dennis Pitta comeback dream is officially over -- in Baltimore at least.

Expect Watson to see plenty of targets from Joe Flacco while serving in a mentor role to Gillmore and Williams. Watson has experience in the AFC North from his 2010-2012 run with the Cleveland Browns. He has spent the last three seasons in New Orleans.

Watson's career began with the Patriots as a first-round pick in 2004. Flacco becomes the third Super Bowl MVP quarterback Watson has played with in his long career.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Welp, looks like the full details of the Dolphins/Eagles trade have been revealed.

They're swapping 1st round picks (Eagles will have the 8th pick and the Dolphins will have the 13th pick) and the Philly is getting a 4th round pick as well.

Dolphags taking on a lot of salary, dropping 5 picks in Rd #1 and giving up a 5th.

Wondering who the Eagles are looking to get.
I bet they are trading up for Goff or Wentz.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ooohhh....

Source: The will sign LB Bruce Irvin when the league year starts tomorrow. Out of nowhere.

Raiders going ALL in.

If Denver fails to sign OSweiller, the AFC West will be anybody's division.

Fozzie%20Facepalm_zpsvjzmuiiy.gif~c200

Fozzy giving me a BAD case of VERTIGO!

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good kick returner, has some speed to make some plays as a Rb but needs deflated balls as he fumbles a lot.

What about that other guy we signed who is fast as spit and returns kicks? Aren't they the same type player?

Guy ran on US T&F. On Patriots for a cup of coffee.

Sorry for the brain fart but I'm sure you know his name.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

how is that good news? sounds like nothing going on with Cumby, which is bad news, no?

:sarc:

I don't want Cumberland. I'd take Owen Daniels (Released by Denver) over him.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

but by them saying theres no word of contact with cumberland, thats bad news being he's under contract for 2016.  am i missing something?

i only asked because you weren't the only one i've seen saying the same thing to that tweet.  i felt like i'm missing something.

Cumby will be cut. They don't need to contact him.

Might hold onto him until we get someone signed.

No more than a 2 yr. deal I hope.

Chan must have pushed hard for the older RB.

Jets doing what Pats do. Get an older player with some miles left on him and ride him.

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

More like Brandon talked him into coming to the Jets..

Good call.... didn't think of that

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I’m told DL Damon Harrison has earned and agreed in principle to a five-year, $46.25M deal with the . Massive get for the G-Men.

Wonder what the guaranteed money is like.

Maybe when Giants are on bye, he can come play for us?

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

The likely move now for the Houston is to release QB Brian Hoyer, putting another capable backup now on the market.

Please god no

Did Brock sign with Texans?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

Yep.

Wow! He must have been pissed being benched for SB or Texans offered a LOT more than $45m

I think it's both... unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? Were you hoping we signed him? Or does it hurt our chances to retain Fitz?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

The latter, I think we end up with Fitz but it's going to be a lot of $$

Got it.

Geno and a 4th to TB for Glennon

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The are closing in on a deal to keep DE William Hayes, source said. That's a key piece

Thanks for keeping us all so well informed BJ. I'm like a FA junkie!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So you can say he is going to be cut june 1st and still get full relief now?

yes

• Upvote 1

Jaguars RB Chris Ivory's deal looks like a 2-year, $12.5 million contract, with years tacked on. Team protected by per-game roster bonuses.

Contracts are never what they seem!

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Why would the Jets offer him that now?  Everyone is going in a different direction, and I would say it is safe to assume he wants to start.  Only options I can think of right now are Cleveland and NYJ.  

You're not trying to rip the guy off. He'll be miserable if the Jets screw him over too badly.

Need to show him some respect.

That's a little over what the Jets probably offered originally. Give and take.

41 minutes ago, hawk said:

I'm told OT Mitchell Schwartz has agreed in principle to a deal with the .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Against Von Miller this season Mitchell Schwartz gave up just one hurry all game. Now he gets to try it twice a year with

One of the reasons I wanted this guy

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company