BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

While Mac is sitting back watching everybody spend their money like water. That Ivory deal is ridiculous

he's sitting back cause he spent it all last season.  we just don't have money.  

his first order of business should have been giving Mo a long term deal and not waiting until we had to franchise him for 15.7M.  

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not if he wants Watt or Malik Jackson money. He's not worth Watt money. 

Plus if we trade him, that money goes away. It's one year in a rebuilding plan, what's the rush?

Mo's a better player then jackson.  he's going to, and should get, more then him.

enough with looking for a KR or PR.  we need a god damn starting running back, and wasting time/money with Bobby Rainey won't fix that problem.  heck, he won't even fix the KR problem.  he's not good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

FINALLY! Some good news coming out of FP

how is that good news? sounds like nothing going on with Cumby, which is bad news, no?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cumberland is the very 100% definition of a jaggy jaegerrmeiseter.  He should have been gone years ago.  He stinks.  Thus good.

but by them saying theres no word of contact with cumberland, thats bad news being he's under contract for 2016.  am i missing something?

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

:sarc:

I don't want Cumberland. I'd take Owen Daniels (Released by Denver) over him.

i only asked because you weren't the only one i've seen saying the same thing to that tweet.  i felt like i'm missing something.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

QB Tom Brady's next extension is finally filed. It's 2 years, $41M with $28M to sign. Base salaries in 2015 & 2016 now $1M.

Piece of f*cking garbage 

nice job by Brady.  wish some guys would actually do this more to free up space to get FAs

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

On ESPN, Ed Werder just said the Jets are offering less to Fitz than what Chase Daniel got (3 years 21 million with incentives)

an incentive laden deal seems to be a good way to go for Fitz.  listening to Hahn and Humpty yesterday, a caller brought up a good suggestion that could be good for both.  offering a more long term contract with lower AAVs, giving Fitz the ability to transition from starter (this year, possibly next) to backup.  way to spread the money around and make everyone happy.

Think most people are judging Hoyer on his bad playoff game. Had a very good season for the Texans. 19TDs 7 INTs

don't know if you watched him.  he was pretty bad.

Led his team to a division title. 60% completion percentage with 19TDs and 7 INts. Tough to see the bad in that

he only played in 11 games and hasn't played a full seasons in his career. the only reason they won the division is cause its a terrible one.

• Upvote 1

With Forte/Powell/Robinson and Decker/Marshall on the outside, I'd be comfortable throwing Wentz/Goff/Lynch in there next season.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

You'll need to trade up for that.

Here's a thought.... Petty(already on roster)

sure! throw him in there.  i've had enough of this posturing with fitz.

if we've learned anything from the Broncos, you could win a SB with a pre-schooler at QB

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Stats say differently, however

i don't get why you think Hoyer is a good option for us.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Plus I remember people saying the same thing about Fitz the year before, and look what happened

please go back and watch hoyer's season.  he isn't a good QB.

my memory of the fitz discussion was that people actually wanted him here with Chan because the last time they were together, fitz was a legit qb.  he had great seasons and a chemistry with chan.  hoyer has none of this.

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

you forget about Amaro? He's coming back from injury but he looked promising before the injury

Amaro is far from reliable and committed way too many drops. Let's face it, Chan just doesn't use the TE spot.  No use in spending big money there when it's an irrelevant position in the system.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company