BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

The jets should be all over Cam Wake if he comes loose.  A bit of age and an injury should lower his asking price but he still has game imo, would instantly upgrade the olb pass rush.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Miami can't afford him, I'm sure that means we can't either

Well this is Tanny who likes the new and shiney so they can't afford him becasue they want Williams.  Wakes asking price should be much more affordable if they cut him.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Well, can't say he still has game because he just tore his achilles and iirc he wasn't doing much before the injury

He had 7 sacks in 7 games last year before getting hurt.  He can still rush the passer.  The Achilles will drop his value to a point where we can at least have a look see or we should.

I'd be fine going after Hali as well.  Hali is 32 wake 34, wake has had 18.5 sacks the last two years in 23 games, hali has had 12.5 sacks in 31 games.

In any case due to age and injury we may be able to get a decent pass rushing olb cheap enough if they fall into day 3 or 4 and become bargain players.

Just now, Jetster said:

Hard to believe we went from all that available money to zippo in 1 year. The Jags, Titans, are gonna get better really fast as they both have their young QBs in place. Jags coach is pretty good, I think they win their division next year. 

Thanks MacCagnan!

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Word is JPP was only concerned with making more millions than he could count with both hands.

If he was only given 9.5 million that .5 would be a cheap shot by the giants.

• Upvote 2

If the Gucking Fiants get Harrison there will be some sourness in here.

Schefter_Adam_bio1.jpg

Adam Sheeftor:  Jets sign Fitzpatrick 5 years, 14.5 per year, 50 guaranteed.  Also trade Geno Smith to Buffalo fo IK Enkampali.

Not only that he kept Pagano who I think STINKS as a head coach.  Letting Arians go in favor of Pags, lol

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, #bman said:

Miami is all in for this year.

Just like last year and some years before.  Get Wallace!  Get Suh!  They'll fall on their asses after being the flavor of the spring to be a real challenger.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

When it was clear that Mo was a top DE, which was 2 years ago, Mo should have been extended for a lower average salary using some of the salary cap that was wasted on Harvin and Cromartie.  

Now, in what would appear to be a Woody Johnson driven move, they are insisting on extracting some "value" from letting Mo walk by franchising him.  However, the Jets are applying $16mm of their precious resource to a position that they already have 2 other good players at.   Malik Jackson, who is probably not as good as Mo, has just set the bar higher.  This a DL deep draft.  Unless we are missing something, what teams are going to want to give up a valuable high draft pick to sign Mo for $100mm?

They blew it with Mo.  They should move on.  Pull the franchise tag if they can (Mo has not signed it), let him sign with someone else, take the compensatory pick, and use the cap room to sign some players on the lines who can help the team in the long term.

I would then extend Richardson to a fair contract that provides guaranteed money IF HE IS NOT SUSPENDED.  For his own good, he should not get any cash upfront.

Sorry your 1st sentence is simply not correct in my books.  Mo has had terrific half seasons for the most part in the past and faded badly in the 2nd half of seasons.  This year he was good from start to finish, you also need to take advantage of the lower costs of a players 1st few years.  They played Mo just the way they should have imo, the error is in signing some of the other players they did.

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

BTW Broadway, thanks for keeping up with the updates from twitter.  You're keeping me glued to this site. :)

Agreed, very thankful for the quick info in this thread.

Depth I guess, I'm not a huge fan of Tompkins to be honest.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

are interested in RB Bobby Rainey.

Good kick returner, has some speed to make some plays as a Rb but needs deflated balls as he fumbles a lot.

Jets starting duo next year Sanchez and Geno.  Don't mind me I'll be dangling from the nearest bridge.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

What about that other guy we signed who is fast as spit and returns kicks? Aren't they the same type player?

Guy ran on US T&F. On Patriots for a cup of coffee.

Sorry for the brain fart but I'm sure you know his name.

Dri Archer, well it would be a competition at camp, Archer is not highly thought of by his previous teams.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

how is that good news? sounds like nothing going on with Cumby, which is bad news, no?

Cumberland is the very 100% definition of a jaggy jaegerrmeiseter.  He should have been gone years ago.  He stinks.  Thus good.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Whoa, guess it's on the menu! Fitz by the end of the day?! 

That's just awful, basing his value on a guy with 9 games on a stacked team who is going to get massively over paid.  This is bad news.

Stay the course Mac, don't get panicky and over pay, that is one thing that Idzik did right despite getting killed for it.  I was prettysure Snacks was a goner from the outset and my salary prediction is about right on the money.  Powell?  Was very useful last year but he's not super star, if he gets offered too much off he goes.

If that is true houston is pure stupid.  Can't wait to see Oswieler be a slight upgrade on ryan friggin mallet.  Laughable, but what is going to be worse is what we are going to end up paying Fitzpatrick and I'm a pro Fitz guy.

Just now, Dcat said:

I know very little about Brock.  WHat are his pros and cons.  Why do you say the above?

He won some games last year and looked okay doing so, on a team with the best D in the league, he didn't light anyone up to any great extent.  He hasn't done anything to justify an 18 mill a year contract.  10 tds, 6 ints. just over 60%, avg of 246 yards per game got sacked 23 times.  It's a huge risk for the houston if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

increasingly clear that the jets will be drafting a rb day 2, and are not sold on fitzy.  mccags seems in play for a qb in rounds 1-3, definitely.

Well they are not sold on fitzy at a certain price point, they would like him back for a couple more years.  I think they fully realize he is not going to lead the team to the super bowl.

Had kind of hoped we could suck in some team to trade for kerley for a late round pick.  The team never really liked him for some reason, fairly reliable receiver but awful pr guy imo.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, pay players on what they did in the past and not what they can do in the future.

Why did they not pay Ryan Mallet 15 plus a year?  For gods sakes why!!!!

1 minute ago, Jetlag said:

What kind of money do we save with Kerley?

Only 1.3 million by the look of it.

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

2.5 IF designated as a post Jun 1st cut.

So you can say he is going to be cut june 1st and still get full relief now?

I remember wanting to draft Vernon in his draft year.  The money getting tossed around is insane.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I played WR in high school and almost never got into games because I'm really unathletic, but we were blowing out this one poor, urban school (lol!) and they let me play the last five minutes of a game and I threw vicious crackback blocks on my own right tackle on consecutive plays for reasons I'm still unsure of. Never got in a game again after that. 

If your right tackle was anthony clement of wayne hunter you are forgiven.

Tom Bradys new contract, he is paying the pats $10 mill a year to play for them thus reducing their cap by that amount.  There are 12 new Brady brand hot dog vendors in the gillete however.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

If they're drafting a QB early, why even bother at this point?  Get a couple OLs and skill guys with the $$$ saved.

Because 1)  We have no idea if the guy(s) we like be there.  2)  They would prefer top have Fitz start one more year regardless and be a mentor instead of rushing a rookie and 3) They really do not want to pack it in for the year before the year has started.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The guy has one more playoff appearance  than Ruan Fitzpatrick

Hoyers stat line from that game.  15-34, 136 yards, 4 interceptions, 3 sacks, 2 fumbles.  His one playoff game made Fitzs Buffalo horror show look like Joe Montana

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes I know that. That's why most people are going nuts. They remember that game ONLY. Not the whole season

All I know is that he looked terrible the games I watched him, even other than that one game.  I just don't think he is very good at all.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fournette would be a dream come true. That's AP status.

Not sure about him to be honest, he came up small in some very important games.  He ran all over sucky teams but when LSU lost 3 in a row he ran for 230 yards on 63 carries, 3.7 yard average. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company