BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not sure what I think of this. Physically gifted but disappears for most games, especially when Gates came back.

If little money involved, I guess I'd be ok w/ it

Two things about this... 1.) of course he disappeared when Gates came back, it's because Gates was the starter and is a future HOFer; 2.) he actually played good football this year, he's not a WR, you have to remember that teams with sh*tty OL's have to keep TEs in to block more often

I think he'd be a good signing, because he won't get "established stud" money.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

Add the Jets to the list of teams interested in

eh, not too psyched about this rumor... it was Pacman and Burfict that lost their heads, and that game, for the Bengals no?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will also say this. If people think he schedule is going to be tougher and the Jets will struggle, wouldn't this be the perfect year to start to rebuild

Every year you don't win it all, is a rebuilding year.

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per . This was evident last night, as it got too rich for &

We were interested... I wonder if we saw him at G or T

Oooh, I hadn't even heard we were interested in him. 

If the rumors being leaked to the press are any indication, we're focused more on OL than anything else... I love that we're addressing the OL. It has been neglected since Mangini was fired.

• Upvote 1

That's some serious cashola for Osemele.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

O linemen coming off the market like 2 dollar steak.

Osemele getting paid like a tackle, I think. Barksdale is more what I'd expect from a decent OG

15 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

clear favorite, as I said earlier, to land Trevathan. He predicted as much during Super Bowl week.

Makes perfect sense. They're installing a 3-4, he's an excellent ILB, and Fox knows him from time in Denver, right?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

The deal for DL Malik Jackson is 6 years, $90M with $42M guaranteed, source said. So, wow.

Wow is right. It's been nice, Mo. 

The positive spin on this... there are teams willing to grossly overpay for established talent on the DL. So, if Malik can get this in a contract... then there's got to be a team willing to trade picks and pay Mo Wilk similarly.

I see this as something hopefully positive for us.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I just want Schwartz at this point, and am optimistic after the Osemele rumor. 

Yea, we need to get something done along the OL. Whether we get Schwartz at OT, or someone like Sweezy at OG... either is going to improve the line.

Gotta keep reminding myself that "big splash" FA signings almost never justify the cost. Having minimal cap room may actually be a blessing in disguise... our money is tied up with players we already have and want, rather than in giving $42m guaranteed to a guy like Malik Jackson. Holy sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Gucking Fiants get Harrison there will be some sourness in here.

for sure, but I'd be happy for him... he'll still be close to his real fans, the Jet fans.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Stupidly, especially since we beat them last year

Beating them last year literally has nothing to do with anything.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The have agreed on terms with RB Chris Ivory, per source. Deal expected to be worth about $7M/year.

Just what Dallas needs, another injury prone player

lol, this is what I was saying... you don't pay late-career RBs that much money... 

oh well, thanks for the big plays Ivory.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course it does. Bragging rights, especially since the Giants finished worse than the Jets

Has nothing to do with people being sour that a homegrown, excellent player went to a in-state rival. Nothing at all.

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

The believe they've lost TE Ben Watson to the , source said. He revived his career in New Orleans.

So bizarre that Ozzie Newsome prioritized signing a 35 year old TE.

Maybe that coveted assistant of his, Eric DeCosta, that everyone interviews every year, overplayed his hand... he should have taken a job while still riding Ozzie's decade-long hot streak... now that Ozzie is going senile, DeCosta's stock is going to take a hit.

LOL

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

IND releases DE Werner... how anyone (Mayock included) thought that guy was worth a 1st still blows me away... Things like that remind me you don't have to be on NFL network to know sh*t. 

Grigson has Luck, and has done NOTHING else right with that team... what a mess it's becoming, and what an unfortunate impact it's going to have on Luck's career arc.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The only thing that can keep the Colts from becoming a top franchise is losing Luck next year. Does he become the league's first $150 million dollar player in FA? It's only 15-20+ years overdue.

Not so sure I agree with the bold part.

Grigson spent FA money on Gore and Andre Johnson last year, he didn't improve the OL, he didn't improve the defense, but he drafted a WR who wouldn't get on the field for a few years in the first round. He's a terrible, terrible GM... they can keep Luck and not protect him, and be just as awful as they were last year.

As for Luck, doubt he becomes a FA, but wouldn't doubt that contract if he gets there.

42 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

DE Charles Johnson agreed to a 1-year deal with the for 3M, source said. He turned down $6M from other teams

Interesting... did he not see Cam completely melt down in the SB?

1 hour ago, BroadwayJets said:

The two teams now making the strongest push for Broncos free-agent LB Danny Trevathan are Atlanta and Chicago, per sources.

Trevathan is going to get paid.

I was high on him, but not for what he'll ultimately get paid here. ILB shouldn't be a hard position to replace.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Yeah he was never going to be cheap, I choose the draft at this point if we can't resign Henderson to replace DD

Agreed.

Also, not keen on this re-sign DD buzz I'm hearing.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Raiders going ALL in.

If Denver fails to sign OSweiller, the AFC West will be anybody's division.

The AFC West is wide open regardless of where Osweiler lands. Carr to Cooper is legit, if they can fix that running game, protect that QB, and actually play defense... the Raiders could finally impersonate a respectable football team.

Still though... **** them.

Also, just wanted to give Jason some props... he's been tweeting all day, relentlessly, with great content and perspective.

Last year big free agent winners were considered the Eagles, Bills, and to a lesser extent Miami. None lived up to it

ICYMI here were y initial thoughts on some of todays earlier contract signings and cuts

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Possibly by the NY Jets

Possibly by a NFL team.

Raiduhs also interested in Janoris Jenkins. Going to be a team made up of guys so good, that their former teams were okay letting them leave... it always seems to work out well.

Just now, prime21 said:

Ivory 6 mil plus. Dam

Former Jets GM John Idzik, now a member of Jags front office, traded for Chris Ivory in 2013. Reunited.

The are signing RB Chris Ivory to a deal that's believed to be well above $6M per year.

THANKS IZDIK!!!

Costello has been trying SO hard today to tweak the chicken little end of the Jet fanbase... sad, sad man... 

Jets better get a deal done with Bilal Powell now.

Idzik's revenge

Gotta think that Malik Jackson contract drives up Muhammad Wilkerson’s price.

I believe we'll look back on the Jags in two years the same way we viewed the Panthers this year. It took time -- but patience paid off.

I had similar praise for the Jags LAST off-season, not comparing them to the Panthers, but praising the approach they've taken over a couple years... and I got ripped for it. Nostradamnape!!!!

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Osweiller to Houston.

Fitzy to Denver.

Troll the other threads, we're trying to use this for updates. Don't need meltdowns to false news... as much as I appreciate what you're going for. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Sets some parameters for Damon

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company