2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets should be all over Cam Wake if he comes loose.  A bit of age and an injury should lower his asking price but he still has game imo, would instantly upgrade the olb pass rush.

If Miami can't afford him, I'm sure that means we can't either

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets should be all over Cam Wake if he comes loose.  A bit of age and an injury should lower his asking price but he still has game imo, would instantly upgrade the olb pass rush.

Well, can't say he still has game because he just tore his achilles and iirc he wasn't doing much before the injury

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Miami can't afford him, I'm sure that means we can't either

Well this is Tanny who likes the new and shiney so they can't afford him becasue they want Williams.  Wakes asking price should be much more affordable if they cut him.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Well, can't say he still has game because he just tore his achilles and iirc he wasn't doing much before the injury

He had 7 sacks in 7 games last year before getting hurt.  He can still rush the passer.  The Achilles will drop his value to a point where we can at least have a look see or we should.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had 7 sacks in 7 games last year before getting hurt.  He can still rush the passer.  The Achilles will drop his value to a point where we can at least have a look see or we should.

Maybe I was thinking about the other guy vernon. My bad.

With Bills, Jets, Fins, all having good defensive lines next year, chances are good that the close to 40 year old Brady just might not get through the season. He took more hits last year than ever before. 

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He's old as dirt and coming off an Achilles injury.  That's not a good recipe. 

If they're going the old vet route, I'd look at Hali before Wake.  Probably cheaper, younger and healthier. 

I'd be fine going after Hali as well.  Hali is 32 wake 34, wake has had 18.5 sacks the last two years in 23 games, hali has had 12.5 sacks in 31 games.

In any case due to age and injury we may be able to get a decent pass rushing olb cheap enough if they fall into day 3 or 4 and become bargain players.

Dolphins ready to cut Brent Grimes loose after Refusing Paycut.

The Dolphins aren’t afraid of making big moves in March — in either direction.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins are expected to cutPro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes, after he refused a pay cut.

The Dolphins signed Grimes to a four-year, $32 million deal in 2014, and he was due $8 million this year. He’ll create $6.5 million in cap space, but leaves a big hole in the depth chart, and makes cornerback a big priority in either free agency or the draft.

The news coincides with their interest in trading for Eagles cornerback Byron Maxwell, as well.

His play on the field certainly doesn’t merit his release, but Grimes can’t be viewed in a vacuum. His wife Miko has become a considerable distraction, ripping quarterbackRyan Tannehill and reporters who cover the team in a Twitter rant.

While that might not necessarily have anything to do with her husband’s level of play, it does make it easier to take a big number off the books.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Eagles just made Ryan Mathews available for trade.

For a 5th.... I might make that trade, but I doubt MacD would.

Eagles will still have $2m in dead money and Matthews would get $2m from Jets

He values his picks

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

For a 5th.... I might make that trade, but I doubt MacD would.

Eagles will still have $2m in dead money and Matthews would get $2m from Jets

He values his picks

Matthews is due 3 million this year. Why trade for him when you can sign a guy like Forte without giving up a 5th. Plus I still think Forte is still better than Matthews

10 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

If and when DL Malik Jackson does sign with Jacksonville, deal expected to come in at about $15 million per season, per source.

Putting all my eggs in the "Mo will not be here past 2016 season" basket

That's ridiculous.  Who knows what Jackson will look like without all world talent all around him.  That's a scary price...but the Jags have a ton of money, so why not.

Archived