2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, KRL said:

Free agency NEVER changes:

- A team run by Tannenbaum makes "splashy" (Maxwell, Alonso & Williams) moves to
generate buzz and screw up his cap.  But he treats draft picks as garbage and sets
his team up with no depth

- OAK signs ANOTHER OLinemen to a ridiculous contract which they will be looking to
dump in a year (remember Austin Howard)

- Another DEN player (Julius Thomas & Malik Jackson) goes to JAC looking to cash in
and we'll never hear from him again

I love the fact that the Raiders made a longterm commitment to the offense line. ,Lt K  Osemele Lg Gabe Jackson C Rodney Hudson Rg Joshua Garnett( their third round pick in this draft Rt M Watson/ Austin Howard.    Since you can't predict Garnett will be there in third, look for them to sign Michael Harris in Fa.(becomes backup if Garnett still there in the third.

That's a very good offense line for the next couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why would the Bears trade within their own division? Jets should get into this discussion, Martellus would be awesome with Brandon & Eric.

Pace (bears GM) looking at the big picture. Eager to get picks, regardless of their orgin

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I love the fact that the Raiders made a longterm commitment to the offense line. ,Lt K  Osemele Lg Gabe Jackson C Rodney Hudson Rg Joshua Garnett( their third round pick in this draft Rt M Watson/ Austin Howard.    Since you can't predict Garnett will be there in third, look for them to sign Michael Harris in Fa.(becomes backup if Garnett still there in the third.

That's a very good offense line for the next couple of years.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the raiders.

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Pace (bears GM) looking at the big picture. Eager to get picks, regardless of their orgin

F*ck that! I would never put up with my GM trading players to division rivals. Belichick pulled it off with Buffalo twice because he had Brady at QB already. So Bears fans get to watch Bennett running into the endzone at soldier field, BS!

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nobody gives a sh*t about the raiders.

Hey free agency didn't even start yet - no need to get upset . Still have that big Muhammad Wilkerson trade in the works.

Just was responded to Jet poster who question the logic of Signing Osemele whom Jet fans wanted to sign to be their Lt.( when they dumped Ferguson).

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Schefter_Adam_bio1.jpg

Adam Sheeftor:  Jets sign Fitzpatrick 5 years, 14.5 per year, 50 guaranteed.  Also trade Geno Smith to Buffalo fo IK Enkampali.

LOL.   very good.  Love "Sheeftor"

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

The believe they've lost TE Ben Watson to the , source said. He revived his career in New Orleans.

So bizarre that Ozzie Newsome prioritized signing a 35 year old TE.

Maybe that coveted assistant of his, Eric DeCosta, that everyone interviews every year, overplayed his hand... he should have taken a job while still riding Ozzie's decade-long hot streak... now that Ozzie is going senile, DeCosta's stock is going to take a hit.

LOL

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

IND releases DE Werner... how anyone (Mayock included) thought that guy was worth a 1st still blows me away... Things like that remind me you don't have to be on NFL network to know sh*t. 

Grigson has Luck, and has done NOTHING else right with that team... what a mess it's becoming, and what an unfortunate impact it's going to have on Luck's career arc.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Grigson has Luck, and has done NOTHING else right with that team... what a mess it's becoming, and what an unfortunate impact it's going to have on Luck's career arc.

I feel sorry for Luck I guess (not really, he's going to be a billionaire soon), but definitely not the colts. No franchise/fanbase deserves back to back generation talents at QB... In the time IND had 2 starters, CLE had 20. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The only thing that can keep the Colts from becoming a top franchise is losing Luck next year. Does he become the league's first $150 million dollar player in FA? It's only 15-20+ years overdue.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The only thing that can keep the Colts from becoming a top franchise is losing Luck next year. Does he become the league's first $150 million dollar player in FA? It's only 15-20+ years overdue.

Not so sure I agree with the bold part.

Grigson spent FA money on Gore and Andre Johnson last year, he didn't improve the OL, he didn't improve the defense, but he drafted a WR who wouldn't get on the field for a few years in the first round. He's a terrible, terrible GM... they can keep Luck and not protect him, and be just as awful as they were last year.

As for Luck, doubt he becomes a FA, but wouldn't doubt that contract if he gets there.

Benjamin Watson has parlayed an unlikely breakout season with the Saints into a new contract elsewhere.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the veteran tight end will sign a free-agent contract with the Baltimore Ravens after Wednesday's signing period begins, according to a source informed of his situation.

Watson had the best season of his 12-year career with the Saints in 2015, setting career highs with 74 catches for 825 yards and six touchdowns. He will join a tight end group in Baltimore that already includes Crockett Gillmore and Maxx Williams. The Dennis Pitta comeback dream is officially over -- in Baltimore at least.

Expect Watson to see plenty of targets from Joe Flacco while serving in a mentor role to Gillmore and Williams. Watson has experience in the AFC North from his 2010-2012 run with the Cleveland Browns. He has spent the last three seasons in New Orleans.

Watson's career began with the Patriots as a first-round pick in 2004. Flacco becomes the third Super Bowl MVP quarterback Watson has played with in his long career.

Welp, looks like the full details of the Dolphins/Eagles trade have been revealed.

They're swapping 1st round picks (Eagles will have the 8th pick and the Dolphins will have the 13th pick) and the Philly is getting a 4th round pick as well.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Welp, looks like the full details of the Dolphins/Eagles trade have been revealed.

They're swapping 1st round picks (Eagles will have the 8th pick and the Dolphins will have the 13th pick) and the Philly is getting a 4th round pick as well.

Dolphags taking on a lot of salary, dropping 5 picks in Rd #1 and giving up a 5th.

Wondering who the Eagles are looking to get.
I bet they are trading up for Goff or Wentz.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Just like last year and some years before.  Get Wallace!  Get Suh!  They'll fall on their asses after being the flavor of the spring to be a real challenger.

As far as I'm concerned, they haven't improved their DL.

Archived