2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I wan the to get him so every rim he struggles we can harass Villian to no end

sh*t, get in line bro. That line started a year ago! 

I'll be honest, it'll be the absolute worst if we get Glennon and he completely fails. The "max 6 wins" being purposely taken out of context would just be a TASTE of what would come my way! I can see that there's a couple folks that would love to just give me their two cents. And you know what? It'll suck, but I'll take it. Why? 

For the opportunity that if Glennon hits, just the thought of me surfing through the forums watching as people who basically called me a "dumbass for liking Glennon" end up actually rooting for the guy would be pretty awesome. But most of all, knowing that those "couple folks" that have just been so thirsty to stick it to me have to swallow their disdain and sit behind their keyboard in silence. 

PRICELESS! lol. 

I'll take that risk. I think Glennon is a legit QB, and im either going to burn by the hands of Jetnation or the Jets are going to finally have a QB. Either way, none of us are ever seeing a superbowl in our life time anyway! lol ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

I'm going to assume this is a draft day trade unless a QB falls to us

Problem with this... it'll mean we won't be trading Mo until after pick #20, which means we're not getting a 1st this year for him.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Problem with this... it'll mean we won't be trading Mo until after pick #20, which means we're not getting a 1st this year for him.

I never thought we would but I would be happy with a top 10 2nd rd pick but that may not be in the cards either..

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That's fine, using science I figure basically a bottom 4th would be a gift from Jah himself for Wilkerson. Watt watt, watt watt watt watt. We can then go on to pick up at least 3-4 starters, preferably those that play way up against great opponents but know they can take a breather (rather than risk negative sacks) against lesser opponents. Have I mentioned JJ Watt yet? He and Wilkerson are not the same person, in case you aren't aware.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

That's fine, using science I figure basically a bottom 4th would be a gift from Jah himself for Wilkerson. Watt watt, watt watt watt watt. We can then go on to pick up at least 3-4 starters, preferably those that play way up against great opponents but know they can take a breather (rather than risk negative sacks) against lesser opponents. Have I mentioned JJ Watt yet? He and Wilkerson are not the same person, in case you aren't aware.

Looks like you still have some of Mo's excrement on your face from breakfast, Mr. Downs... er... Downey.

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I said earlier I don't think a 1st rounder this year is likely, because of the contract size, but next year might be a better shot. Given the draft class strength, and the zero enticing offers (allegedly) fielded so far, it wouldn't be so terrible anyway. And is still night & day better than just letting him go to free agency, without tagging him, a month ago.

I'll be plenty happy if he pulls off a 2017 1st rounder.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I said earlier I don't think a 1st rounder this year is likely, because of the contract size, but next year might be a better shot. Given the draft class strength, and the zero enticing offers (allegedly) fielded so far, it wouldn't be so terrible anyway. And is still night & day better than just letting him go to free agency, without tagging him, a month ago.

I'll be plenty happy if he pulls off a 2017 1st rounder.

Yeah, me too.

was mainly speaking to those with unrealistic expectations.

15 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Okay.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

are actively trying to trade DL M. Wilkerson. FWIW, I've heard that the due to cap space & interest, would be front runner.

Fox and Fangio are trying to install a 3-4 up there. It's a great fit for them considering that they have a QB already and the cap space.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Fox and Fangio are trying to install a 3-4 up there. It's a great fit for them considering that they have a QB already and the cap space.

Exactly, Fangio is a big time DC who really did great work in SF

This kid was a heck of a prospect in college before the leg injury.

I was even banging the table at the time for the Jets to take him when he fell into the 7th.

Ekpre-Olomu feels great, will get knee re-examined soon

Zz0xNGI0MmY4ZGJmZWU0NWQyNmViZDFmMmZmNTQyMDZiOQ==AP

The Browns have decided to move on from cornerbackIfo Ekpre-Olomu, a top prospect in the 2015 draft who slid to round seven after tearing an ACL in December 2014. But it hardly means that his career is over.

Ekpre-Olomu feels fine, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. He’s currently able to dunk a basketball again, and he’s routinely working out with NFL-caliber players, covering receivers and otherwise performing at a high level. The Browns, however, became concerned about his ability to play 16 regular-season games based on the contents of a recent MRI of his knee.

It’s Cleveland’s prerogative to have that concern, and to exercise their privilege to release the player from the non-football injury list. The question now becomes whether another team will claim on waivers a player with a low-end, minimum salary deal that covers the next three years.

Ekpre-Olomu is scheduled to visit this week with Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who repaired the ACL following the original injury. Dr. El Attrache already has cleared Ekpre-Olomu; the goal is to check the knee again in order to confirm that he’s indeed good to go.

It’s possible that Dr. ElAttrache will eventually clean out scar tissue, if that’s the issue creating concern in the MRI.

If Dr. ElAttrache concludes once again that Ekpre-Olomu is good to go, that could mean the Rams will be interested; Dr. ElAttrache’s online bio shows that he’s aconsultant to the Rams.

Ekpre-Olomu likely will officially hit the waiver wire on Monday, giving all teams a 24-hour window for claiming the balance of his contract. If unclaimed, he’ll become a free agent.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was even banging the table at the time for the Jets to take him when he fell into the 7th.

The Browns have decided to move on from cornerbackIfo Ekpre-Olomu, a top prospect in the 2015 draft who slid to round seven after tearing an ACL in December 2014. But it hardly means that his career is over.

Ekpre-Olomu feels fine, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. He’s currently able to dunk a basketball again, and he’s routinely working out with NFL-caliber players, covering receivers and otherwise performing at a high level. The Browns, however, became concerned about his ability to play 16 regular-season games based on the contents of a recent MRI of his knee.

It’s Cleveland’s prerogative to have that concern, and to exercise their privilege to release the player from the non-football injury list. The question now becomes whether another team will claim on waivers a player with a low-end, minimum salary deal that covers the next three years.

Ekpre-Olomu is scheduled to visit this week with Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who repaired the ACL following the original injury. Dr. El Attrache already has cleared Ekpre-Olomu; the goal is to check the knee again in order to confirm that he’s indeed good to go.

It’s possible that Dr. ElAttrache will eventually clean out scar tissue, if that’s the issue creating concern in the MRI.

If Dr. ElAttrache concludes once again that Ekpre-Olomu is good to go, that could mean the Rams will be interested; Dr. ElAttrache’s online bio shows that he’s aconsultant to the Rams.

Ekpre-Olomu likely will officially hit the waiver wire on Monday, giving all teams a 24-hour window for claiming the balance of his contract. If unclaimed, he’ll become a free agent.

I remember wanting this guy.

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would Definitely take a flyer on this guy depending on the results of the mri.

Dolphins claim CB off Waivers.

Cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu will try to make his first on-field appearance in the NFL with the Dolphins.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ekpre-Olomu has been claimed off of waivers by Miami. Ekpre-Olomu missed his entire rookie season after tearing his ACL in December 2014 and the Browns, who drafted him in the seventh round, decided to move on without him over the weekend.

Ekpre-Olomu is working out and a league source told PFT that his knee feels fine, although the Browns were concerned about his ability to hold up for an entire season after a recent MRI of his knee. The Dolphins’ medical team may feel differently about those chances or they may just be willing to take a flier on a player with a low salary that was projected to go much earlier in the draft before his injury.

That bet may not pay off, but it won’t hurt the Dolphins much to take a look at a time when rosters have room for 90 players.

Archived