2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BroadwayJets said:

are on verge of landing former DT Damon Harrison. Hearing it's likely going in $8-9M range per season

son of a b!tch

whoa.  mo's long term deal is looking better already.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

are on verge of landing former DT Damon Harrison. Hearing it's likely going in $8-9M range per season

son of a b!tch

That is retarded money.  At least he may be a 3 down player in a 4-3 I guess.  

1 minute ago, hawk said:

That is retarded money.  At least he may be a 3 down player in a 4-3 I guess.  

If he does go to the NY Giants, then I hope he plays as many downs as possible.  Will help our comp pick for him next year.

Thought i'd be upset when we lost Harrison but i'm really not.  Very good player but as noted he is a one dimensional run stuffer being paid like a 3 down player.  Best of luck to him.  Hopefully he nets us a 3rd RD Pick next yr

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good for him. He's earned it.

Thanks and good luck to Snacks for all the hard work he put in as a Jet.
Going from being a UDFA who worked in Walmart to getting a big $$$ contract
is a great accomplishment.  But how you pay a NT 8-9 million and he doesn't
generate sacks is beyond me.  We'll get at least two high compensatory
picks (3rd-4th) now with Ivory and Harrison gone

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Isn't it mostly salary based?

yes, but playing time and even post season awards (pro bowl, all-pro) also contribute.  The exact formula is a secret. But playing time factors in for sure. i.e.  If Ivory rips up his knee in game 1 for the Jags, we wouldn't be getting a 4th for him for sure.

18 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

son of a b!tch

I love Snacks, but the Giants are overpaying.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Thought the Pats were just a ploy to scare the Jets. Not in this regime

I didn't think they were seriously interested. They like using RBs as receivers that can actually run routes and catch deep balls. Think they would have disappointed in Powell for how they would try to use him

Stay the course Mac, don't get panicky and over pay, that is one thing that Idzik did right despite getting killed for it.  I was prettysure Snacks was a goner from the outset and my salary prediction is about right on the money.  Powell?  Was very useful last year but he's not super star, if he gets offered too much off he goes.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Stay the course Mac, don't get panicky and over pay, that is one thing that Idzik did right despite getting killed for it.  I was prettysure Snacks was a goner from the outset and my salary prediction is about right on the money.  Powell?  Was very useful last year but he's not super star, if he gets offered too much off he goes.

I agree with the second part of this as I am content with what is happening so far but let's not compare this offseason to the 2014 mess of an offseason.  We had a ton of money to spend and no talent on the roster as opposed to now where we actually have some talent on our roster and little money to spend.

Just now, Beerfish said:

He panicked and increased his offer to Chris Johnson, despite the fact that no one else had made an offer to CJ2K.  He also panicked and traded for Percy Harvin, costing the Jets $6 million in carry over money.

Archived