2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Or maybe he's just positioning himself so he doesn't have to draft a RB. If one is there, pounce. But don't force yourself to draft for need.

Good philosophy if done successfully, where those BAPs should be good enough they trump immediate need. 

Yeah, since I wrote that I learned that he's JAG with an injury history. It's a non story and I think the mid-round RB is still a possibility. I agree.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fournette would be a dream come true. That's AP status.

Not sure about him to be honest, he came up small in some very important games.  He ran all over sucky teams but when LSU lost 3 in a row he ran for 230 yards on 63 carries, 3.7 yard average. 

Maccagnan doing what he did last year in free agency.  Filling as many needs as he could so

when the draft rolls around he's not a "slave" to any position.  When your GM focuses on good

value instead of "splashes" it's amazing how far the $$$ can go

16 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Yeah, since I wrote that I learned that he's JAG with an injury history. It's a non story and I think the mid-round RB is still a possibility. I agree.

Think he'd just be the short yardage bruiser for when everyone knows the run is coming anyway. He's a pretty big dude at >220 lbs.

Just now, heymangold said:

i don't get why you think Hoyer is a good option for us.

Because he led his team to a division title last year, doesn't matter how bad the division is.

Because Chan Gailey can work miracles with any QB. We've seen it through the years. Tyler Thigpen, for God sakes.

Because his stats last year are similar to where we got Fitzpatrick the year before.

Because I think he is better than Geno Smith

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Why even bother with Hoyer?  I'm starting to seriously question Mac

Fitz sucked too. Statistically, Hoyer sucks less than Fitz has. We are based on a scheme, with the best 1-2 wide receiving punch in the league. Maybe we can make something out of dog sh*t twice.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Too much money tied into Mo and Brick. They gotta go.

Brick is making wayyyy too much money to be playing how he played last year. The only thing stopping us from making brick take a pay cut or leave Victor Cruz style is because we have no solid successor. throwing Wilk into the Kaep trade gives us the money to shore up a competent O-line and then maybe gives us that edge to ask Brick for the pay cut then.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Plus I remember people saying the same thing about Fitz the year before, and look what happened

please go back and watch hoyer's season.  he isn't a good QB.

my memory of the fitz discussion was that people actually wanted him here with Chan because the last time they were together, fitz was a legit qb.  he had great seasons and a chemistry with chan.  hoyer has none of this.

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Fitz sucked too. Statistically, Hoyer sucks less than Fitz has. We are based on a scheme, with the best 1-2 wide receiving punch in the league. Maybe we can make something out of dog sh*t twice.

Hoyer stinks.  He is not as good as Fitz even Geno is better.  Yay he padded his stats in a couple games against the AFC south last year

Just now, drdetroit said:

Hoyer stinks.  He is not as good as Fitz even Geno is better.  Yay he padded his stats in a couple games against the AFC south last year

Fitz could have padded his stats before his arrival here too. Instead he grew a beard. 

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Brian Hoyer in that playoff game last season could have had 8 interceptions at least 4 picks were dropped.  He is not a viable starting qb.

Could have, but didn't. Sanchez could have taken us to the Super Bowl twice, but he didn't. 

Archived